UEFA Europa League » Oct 1

Djordje

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 55' Benfica substitute...midf and striker come on...Saviola and a def out... it is just a matter of Benfica effectiveness in front of goal... 66' AEK gk Saha is having a fantastic night...reminds me of Nikopolidis vs Arsenal on tuesday... 68' Forced substitution for AEK...best def midf out injured...sub is another 20 year old... This is getting ridiculous for Benfica...

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1

55' Benfica substitute...midf and striker come on...Saviola and a def out... it is just a matter of Benfica effectiveness in front of goal... 66' AEK gk Saha is having a fantastic night...reminds me of Nikopolidis vs Arsenal on tuesday... 68' Forced substitution for AEK...best def midf out injured...sub is another 20 year old... This is getting ridiculous for Benfica...
It is getting frustrating :@ hope it's not one of those games where the ball just won't go in:sad

Cant see them scoring two goals now :( Least my main pick Werder Bremen should be a winner :clap:clap
If they get one around the 80th minute they should have a good moral advantage... and perhaps ... :hope

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 Just a bit of info about the Galatasaray - Strum Graz match. GS have made a flying start to the TPL as they won 6 and drew 1 of their 7 matches. They have a quality squad in total but their weakest part of the team is defence. Starting centre back Gokhan Zan (Turkiye international) and his replacement Emre Gungor are injured and their replacement Emre Asik who is a 36 year old veteran. He is solid but not so pacey so that would be the hole in the match tonight for the visitors. Home side would like to make it up to the fans for the last home match they played and drew in the TPL. If I were to bet it would be ... + 4-6 goals Also another opinion on the Valencia - Genoa match. Both teams have been playing decent football since the start of season. Valencia would seem a better team on paper but football is played on the pitch so.. I think it will be an evenly balanced match but I wouldn't be surprised if the Los Ches took it by +1 margin. Apologies for the post as it has been quite a while since I had posted something.Sure is good to be back :)

I like the look of Salzburg at home @3.20 against poor Villarreal. Salzburg are in great form at the moment.5 wins and 1 draw in last 6 matches.Villarreal are in deep sh*t at the moment with only 2 points in La Liga just point above Xerez.Don't know what's going on with a team.I think they will ahve a choice this season:to give up Europa and concetrate on La Liga or fight in Europe and loose in La Liga.I just don't see them handle both competition. Does anybody think otherwise?
Salzburg 2-0 FT :nana

No time for a proper write as is the norm but I'll be taking Toulouse at home to Club Bruges tonight. Tefece will be fielding a pretty strong team, including Fode Mansare and Andre-Pierre Gignac, are strong at home and are taking the competition seriously. There's the added factor of Brice Taton, the supporter who died on Tuesday night after spending weeks in a Belgrade hospital following a vicious attack by Partizan fans. If anything, Toulouse will want to win this match in his memory. I'll hold my hands up right now and say I don't know a huge amount about Bruges other that they drew 1-1 at Mouscron on Sunday. They're not the team they once were and got spanked at home by Shakhtar Donetsk. They do have Wesley Sonck, who a few years ago was a fine striker. I'm not so sure now. I'll be taking 3 points on Toulouse to win at 4/7. I may couple them up with someone else but that's the only one that really stands out so far.
:sad :@ :$ :wall Toulouse concede an equaliser in the last minute of stoppage time to draw 2-2. Gutting for me and for anyone else who took them. My apologies. Looking back in hindsight they were probably too short to merit inclusion but if you don't buy a ticket you won't win the raffle. Cheers to all for the Salzburg tip, took that along with a PSV/Werder double. Benfica were the other let down. Fingers crossed for the 8.05pm kick offs.

Afternoon all, Before I get into my picks this eveing I'v been very interested in the discussions currently taking place on the site surrounding 'bad' posts etc, I personally dont see the problem with the lads post in the other thread, he tipped his bet and briefly gave some sort of reasoning for it. What I dont agree with is the punters that come on these threads and beg for someone to tell them winners....this site is full of potential winners, if someone wants a good tip that badly, all they have to do is some studying of the information provided by the other more experienced posters. On to tonights picks for me....UEFA cup is not one of my most favoured competitions to bet on so small stakes for me tonight and I am sticking to games involving teams I have some knowledge of. Werder Bremen V Athletic Bilbao - Werder Bremen win @ 1.66 (bet365) The Germans go into this match off the back of a 9 competitive game run unbeaten. They sit 5th in the German Bundesliga with a home record of 2-1-1, the loss coming on the opening day of the season. Now while the Germans have lost thier best player in the summer (Diego to Juventus) I still feel thier squad has loads of enery and talent. Bremen made it all the way to the final of this comeptition last year eventually losing 2-1 in extra time to Shakthar. Look for Pizarro, Hunt or Rosenburg to get the Germans goals with tremendous knowledge and experience from their captain Torsten Frings whom is expected to make the Europa League tie this evening. Thier opponants Athletic Bilbao come off the back of a 4-0 gubbing in La Liga at the hands of Sevilla. This will have knocked the Spanairds confidence. Apart from this their season has been mediocre thus far, they beat minnows Austria Vienna 3-0 at home in their first group game of the Europa League (they only gained entry to the Europan League through a league cup final appreance last year). Werder will look to solidify their dominance in this group tonight as the sooner they gurantee qualification from the group the sooner they can think about testing some fringe players in the remainding games. The Spaniards will likely put up a fight but with Frings pulling the strings in mindfeild and the experience of Germans, I expect a home win in the end. The following Werder Bremen players are nominated for the Europa League game: Tim Wiese, Christian Vander, Petri Pasanen, Naldo, Clemens Fritz, Markus Rosenberg, Marko Marin, Mesut Özil, Aaron Hunt, Torsten Frings, Claudio Pizarro, Peter Niemeyer, Niklas Andersen, Per Mertesacker, Marcelo Moreno Martins, Philipp Bargfrede, Torsten Oehrl Next game I'm taking a look at.... Celtic V Rapid Vienna - No bet for me I see a few punters coming on here saying Celtic have been poor this season etc well we sit top of the SPL waiting to go 7 points clear of Rangers on Sunday IF we beat them, having won all our comestic games bar one draw. Sure we're possibly not playing the best we can but we are grinding out results and I keep hearing that the sign of good teams such as Man Utd etc who are Champions. Celtic go into the Europa League on the back of sheer frustration and disappointment amongst the fans. There is no doubt in our minds we should be in the CLgroup stage instead. We done extremely well to over come the Russians in the first CL qualifying stage then we were very unlucky to be drawn against English gianst Arsenal whom, to be honest were just to good for us. However we go into this competition wanting success, we got to the final a few years back and dont be fooled, most Celtic fans would take another return to the Europa League final rather than a last 16 CL appearance any day of the week, this competition will be taken seriously by Tony and the fans. If the odds on Celtic were a little bit higher I would definalty have a nibble on them, but at 1.57 I dont see much value as we are up against a more than capable team who demonstrated exactly what they can do on matchday one with a 3-0 win over Hamburg. Nothing too interesting to tell you about Celtic team news, likely start with the following line up..... -------------------------------THG------------------------------------ Caddis/Hinkel---------McManus-----Loovens----------------------Fox ----------------Brown--------------------N'Guemo-------------------- McGeady---------------------------------------------------Maloney --------------------Samaras-------McDonald------------------------- Will be an attacking line up for the Celts tonight and Paradise will be rocking, I expect Celtic to win but at those odds its a NO BET for me. Going to have a bit of a look around for a team I can double Werder up with .... GL everyone :ok
:nana:nana

Everton are a fcuking joke' date=' the last twice they have played now they have somehow won despite being outplayed. :wall[/quote'] How the **** are we a joke exactly? We conceded an absolute wonder-goal that no keeper in the world could stop. Outplayed my arse? Cahill nearly scored in the first minute, Bilyaletdinov hits the post, and then Cahill has a sitter which he manages to spoon. The scoreline doesn't lie son. They lacked concentration and we took advantage. You might just be bitter that you lost money in-play but we would have stuffed them if we had our full first team out. And just so you know our right-back was playing centre-back. If we meet your Bhoys in this cup we'll give you one hell of a spanking!

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 I lost all my Nigeria HT/FT wins on Benfica... Sad day...even sadder when you have to watch the match... I still can't believe they couldn't score... Let's hope the night matches generate some profit... Lazio kept a system alive...with PAO DNB and Din Z DNB And I have money on Galata-Hamburg-Paraguay treble... but this shaped up to be a great profit day and now I'm just scraping to get by with some profit...

Because they are the best side in Switzerland and 9 times out of 10 they qualify for the CL.
:lol:loon You don't watch Swiss football very much, do you? FC Zurich and Young Boys Bern are both far better sides than Basel these days. Basel's days are over, barring a miracle. Both of Basel's rivals play better football than they do and it's starting to look very ominous for the once-big side. In fact, YBB have beaten Basel the last four times they've met - twice at home and twice away. Basel are no more a Champions League side than Portsmouth are ;)

Have to agree with jack jarvis Everton are poor side' date=' i wldnt worry though toffebot the same can be said of some top teams as well![/quote'] I must admit we were poor today but we had 10 first team players missing. I wonder how many teams can still field a decent enough side to win away from home coming back from a goal down in torrential rainfall.

:lol:loon You don't watch Swiss football very much, do you? FC Zurich and Young Boys Bern are both far better sides than Basel these days. Basel's days are over, barring a miracle. Both of Basel's rivals play better football than they do and it's starting to look very ominous for the once-big side. In fact, YBB have beaten Basel the last four times they've met - twice at home and twice away. Basel are no more a Champions League side than Portsmouth are ;)
As i remember Basel played in CL last year and didn't even win any game. Shakhtar trashed them 3-0 and 5-0 i think...very poor team