** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

UEFA Europa League » Oct 1

Djordje

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1

I agree with ScotlandsPunter and also will be taking Werder Bremen WIN Pros
  • Werder Bremen do take this competition seriously, evidenced last year when they made the final.
  • They have had a good start to the season. They are second in german league table.
  • Atheltico Bilabo have injuries - Pablo Orbaiz, Ion Velez, Inigo Diaz de Cerio, Inaki Munoz and Iban Zubiaurre
  • Confidence will be low for Bilbao after a 4-0 defeat on weekend against sevilla.
Cons
  • Werder Bremen can be an inconsistent team at home - already failed to maximise points in winnable game in german league ( 3-2 loss to Eintracht Frankfurt and more recently 0-0 draw vs Hannover 96)
  • Tim Borowski and Sebastian Boenisch are doubts for the clash.

Conclusion The german team know what must be done in this competition and have the hunger to go 1 extra step from last year. Bilbao are ringing the chances to the squad after a thumping to Sevilla and also have several injuriy concerns. Werder Bremen win for me Medium Stakes, because I don't like betting Big Stakes on Europa League.

:clap:clap:clap:clap:clap

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FK Ventspils + 0.5 @ 1.85 v Heerenveen. :D
Well....this was the only one of my bets that came off last night. Disappointing week really. Basle would have got something too if it weren't for a brilliant 10 minutes by Fulham. Should have steared clear of Benfica. The price didn't move from around 2.0 all week. Usually when it doesn't move their isn't something in it for us. God knows how there were no goals in the Twente, Bucharest game....

Having read the info posted by holden above i think BATE are a decent value bet, however for me Everton have turned the corner even with 10 regulars out of the starting line up the can still put a very decent team out, the start of there season was shocking however they seemed to have dragged themselves out of the myre and i fully expect them to win by 2 goals tonight. On another front i will be taking shaktar as a home banker, shaktar are a group stage cl team and to find them in the europa league is a diamond :D, finally i will take fulham under 2.5 they struggle to score goals and basle are a decent outfit who have upset teams in the past i can see either team taking a one goal lead and shutting up shop! Btw huge value on Genoa dnt really follow italian football to much but at those odds and with a decent seria a squad it would be worth a flutter!
Everton won but not by 2 goals :(, shaktar big win at home, fulham go under 2.5 which u cud have got at a massive 2.2 and genoa had a decent crack at villareal

• 3 weeks later...

I like the look of Salzburg at home @3.20 against poor Villarreal. Salzburg are in great form at the moment.5 wins and 1 draw in last 6 matches.Villarreal are in deep sh*t at the moment with only 2 points in La Liga just point above Xerez.Don't know what's going on with a team.I think they will ahve a choice this season:to give up Europa and concetrate on La Liga or fight in Europe and loose in La Liga.I just don't see them handle both competition. Does anybody think otherwise?
I agree, Villarreal looked sick whenever they travel. Unlike last season when they could overcome it.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 Anderlecht ajax, i m considering a draw in this game. Anderlecht is slightly advantaged having this played at their home soil but ajax isn't an easy team having continued their striking run in the dutch domestic. Recent years, ajax have improved while anderlecht has a bit lowered its quality, i'm sorry but that is from my view. most compelling fact is ajax isn't a good traveller in europe but anderlecht is a good home performer. added with recent years of improvement and decelleration :loon, i think draw is a good useful choice to me.:hope

Anderlecht ajax, i m considering a draw in this game. Anderlecht is slightly advantaged having this played at their home soil but ajax isn't an easy team having continued their striking run in the dutch domestic. Recent years, ajax have improved while anderlecht has a bit lowered its quality, i'm sorry but that is from my view. most compelling fact is ajax isn't a good traveller in europe but anderlecht is a good home performer. added with recent years of improvement and decelleration :loon, i think draw is a good useful choice to me.:hope
:rollinThese games were played a couple of weeks ago!