** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

UEFA Europa League » Oct 1

Djordje

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 I've been looking for a forum like this for a while, so I thought I'd get involved. First post, so hello! Anyway, for tonight, I just couldn't resist Vienna at 5/1. I know Celtic are at home, but from what I have seen and heard, they have been far from impressive this season. Vienna are in good form and are coming off the back of some good wins, such as the Hamburg game. I think alot of people will back Celtic due to them being at home, but with Vienna's counter attacking style of football, I can see them nicking this game. I could be well of the mark with this one, but a hunch is a hunch. £10 staked!

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1

I think that this is a problem with PL nowadays. Too many people are begging for information and giving nothing back in return. I read on here yesterday that Paul Ross intends to clamp down on this so hopefully he will and we can get back to the great site this was a couple of years ago.
Hmmm, I don't think he will be this hard on such posts... Warnings more often - yes, a couple of people banned - maybe... The website needs as many hits as possible daily to be attractive to both users and sponsors. Therefore more people joining will be to the benefit of PL and the other sites Paul Ross is running. A key to make this work among others is having as many new topics or subtopics daily as possible - each good post ( or a bad one ) that causes reaction with people logging or/and joining is good to Paul in the long run. In fact most good posts are topics as they are, no wonder reasoning is required, as the reasoning creates reactions with members and viewers. In this line of thoughts a bad post is also good as it gets answers. But a post like ''Arsenal to win'' makes no difference, it is no news, no topic, hence Paul's constant warnings - viewers and members ignore such useless posts, i.e. no reaction as no topic. On the other hand hundreds are popping in the French threads to read Meatman's posts and reactions are great. But why is a member ( forgot his name )who is openly going against a leading punter, often insulting Meatman not being banned? Because his posts, bad as they are create reactions and more posts - simply check last week. Mods should be more ''aggressive'' by simply moving these useless posts quicker to Weekend Bets. It is annoying reading posts like ''Man City are bankers", but it is just as annoying reading replies like ""Why?" Decided to stay away from Benfica, it is becoming a public bet now and always a danger as posted above. Need more time to figure out who needs this competition. UEFA pays Euro 160,000 for a win here - a weeks pay for some players in EPL, Spain and Italy. CSKA Sofia are promised Euro 10,000 each to win in Rome tonight - John Terry has weeks with more spent at the Races. HSV doing great in Bundesliga with a limited team, but missed by fraction CL spot last year, and delivered some weird results here, just like last year. Mahno already mentioned Hertha and Villareal - another couple of bad weeks in their leagues and they might be in serious danger. Add Valencia to the list of underachievers - keep dropping points after being in the lead vs average teams mostly, and after keeping their best assets. Italian clubs - hmmm.... Agree on Twente and Gala - Steve M likes this Cup and has a better team. Galatasaray are by far the better side, but if a trend from the last 3 years is to be followed, they usually struggle at home... Valencia - Genoa is my game tonight, no matter who they play it will be the highlight and I expect strong line-ups. Attacking teams, Over 2,5 Goals. GL

Hi punters! These are my tips for today: Sporting - Hertha: Home win Toulouse - FC Brugge Home win PSV - Cluj Home win Werder - Atl. Bilbao Home win Salzburg - Villareal Home win (worth the risk) PS: He ho dares wins! :) I'll explain the tips later, becouse I must hurry, sorry. Good luck mates!
Why don't you post your picks AND write-up later in one post then. :eyes

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 Trying not be biased in this post.........I'm going for Celtic tonight at 1.57. Reasoning: Celtic simply need a win more than Vienna do, a loss here would leave them with an uphill struggle to qualify, Vienna are a good team but are much better at home than they are away. Celtic have lost their last 2 home European games but that was against Dinamo Moscow (Battered them the whole game and overturned the tie in with a 2-0 win in Moscow) and against Arsenal where they lost 2 very unfortunate goals, i'd be shocked if they lost 3 in a row. There's also history in this tie as last time the teams met 25 years ago - a Rapid player feined injury (pretended he got struck by a bottle that was nowhere near him) and got the game - which Celtic won 3-0 replayed at a neutral venue (Which Vienna won), it's been all over the press up here this week and I think that will fire the current crop to victory with the fans behind them. Only Barcelona have won in the Champions League proper at Celtic Park - so they are a usually a formidable team at home in an intimidating atmosphere. I'd be VERY surprised if Vienna win here tonight. Celtic to win. 1.57 :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 For anyone interested in BATE V Everton. Everton will be without 9 first teamers tonight. Whilst the likes of, Phil Neville, Phil Jagielka, Mikel Arteta and Victor Anichebe are long term absentees; they are joined by; Steven Pienaar and Jack Rodwell who are injured. In addition, Louis Saha is suspended. (Saha has been the main goalscorer for Everton this season with 7 in 7) John Heitinga and Lucas Neill are both ineligible for the Europa league. Whilst they still have a strong squad. The absence of Steven Pienaar and Jack Rodwell makes Everton's midfield look very slim, and with the additional missing of Saha, that means 3 of this seasons star performers are unavailable. One positive is the return to full fitness of Yakubu.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 I think Celtic are too short at 4/7. Rapid Vienna have had some very impressive results knocking Aston Villa out in the qualifying round and then battering a very good Hamburg side 3-0. Since the first two SPL games Celtic's performances have been pretty mediocre and while we are normally formidable at home in Europe our recent record isn't as good as it once was. Last 5 games : Celtic 0-2 Arsenal Celtic 0-1 Dinamo Celtic 2-0 Villarreal ( meaningless as it was the last group game and all positions in the group were decided) Celtic 1-1 Man Utd Celtic 0-0 Aalborg Yeah we were unfortunate at times in both the Arsenal and Dinamo games but last time Celtic were so short as 4/7 was the Aalborg game where they frustrated Celtic and played very defensively. Vienna's pedigree looks more impressive than that of the Danes so I'd personally steer clear of Celtic at these odds. I'd still be surprised if we lost this game but at the odds I can see why Vienna are attracting some attention here. Won't be betting against my own side but if you could get Vienna +1 at decent odds ( will have a quick look at the odds before I head to work) then I'd say that could be a good bet. Still, hope we can recover from a disastrous opening result. Hail Hail :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 I won't add too much more weight to the already growing list of Benfica backers, as it's already been mentioned. I will only say that AEK will miss four players tonight; Carlos Araujo, Grigoris Makos, Geraldo and Tamandani Nsaliwa. Three of those players featured in the 4-0 loss against Everton on match day one.

I think Celtic are too short at 4/7. Rapid Vienna have had some very impressive results knocking Aston Villa out in the qualifying round and then battering a very good Hamburg side 3-0. Since the first two SPL games Celtic's performances have been pretty mediocre and while we are normally formidable at home in Europe our recent record isn't as good as it once was. Last 5 games : Celtic 0-2 Arsenal Celtic 0-1 Dinamo Celtic 2-0 Villarreal ( meaningless as it was the last group game and all positions in the group were decided) Celtic 1-1 Man Utd Celtic 0-0 Aalborg Yeah we were unfortunate at times in both the Arsenal and Dinamo games but last time Celtic were so short as 4/7 was the Aalborg game where they frustrated Celtic and played very defensively. Vienna's pedigree looks more impressive than that of the Danes so I'd personally steer clear of Celtic at these odds. I'd still be surprised if we lost this game but at the odds I can see why Vienna are attracting some attention here. Won't be betting against my own side but if you could get Vienna +1 at decent odds ( will have a quick look at the odds before I head to work) then I'd say that could be a good bet. Still, hope we can recover from a disastrous opening result. Hail Hail :ok
Some fair points mate :ok To be fair against Aalborg we got a perfectly good goal chopped off and missed a penalty - so luck wasn't on our side that night either. I'd go for Celtic 2-1 Vienna, both teams to score could be a decent bet. We need a win big-time though, leaving in an hour to go to the pub/game. :clap Hail Hail

Some fair points mate :ok To be fair against Aalborg we got a perfectly good goal chopped off and missed a penalty - so luck wasn't on our side that night either. I'd go for Celtic 2-1 Vienna, both teams to score could be a decent bet. We need a win big-time though, leaving in an hour to go to the pub/game. :clap Hail Hail
Aye mate if I had to make an honest prediction of the game I'd go for Celtic by the odd goal 1-0 or 2-1 but I just think at odds of 1.57 its not worth the risk. Enjoy mate, I couldn't get the night off work, first European game I've missed at Celtic Park since August 2003 when we played Kaunas. Sing loud and proud :ok If your throwing any bottles just make sure you make contact with one of their players this time ;)

Hmmm, I don't think he will be this hard on such posts... Warnings more often - yes, a couple of people banned - maybe... The website needs as many hits as possible daily to be attractive to both users and sponsors. Therefore more people joining will be to the benefit of PL and the other sites Paul Ross is running. A key to make this work among others is having as many new topics or subtopics daily as possible - each good post ( or a bad one ) that causes reaction with people logging or/and joining is good to Paul in the long run. In fact most good posts are topics as they are, no wonder reasoning is required, as the reasoning creates reactions with members and viewers. In this line of thoughts a bad post is also good as it gets answers. But a post like ''Arsenal to win'' makes no difference, it is no news, no topic, hence Paul's constant warnings - viewers and members ignore such useless posts, i.e. no reaction as no topic. On the other hand hundreds are popping in the French threads to read Meatman's posts and reactions are great. But why is a member ( forgot his name )who is openly going against a leading punter, often insulting Meatman not being banned? Because his posts, bad as they are create reactions and more posts - simply check last week. Mods should be more ''aggressive'' by simply moving these useless posts quicker to Weekend Bets. It is annoying reading posts like ''Man City are bankers", but it is just as annoying reading replies like ""Why?" GL
Nicko Meatman has'nt done much posting in the french leagues for a couple of weeks due to being on holiday.IF Atko had'nt started posting then the french league threads would have died on their arse. Most contributions on the Euro forums are either "Team XXX will win" or "i need a banker in this league.....help me" type posts. Of course the site is funded on hits but if it continues to get plagued with the above type of posts then the quality of PL will continue to fall. I actually rate you as one of the better tipsters on here but for every meatman,nicko,mcfly,DP,bossie etc there are 100's of lazy people who take advantage of the work put in by these people and give nothing back in return(just look at the amount of views of each thread to get an idea of how many people read PL). Good luck with your bets tonight:ok

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 hello To 1 And All !!!! Looks Like A Lot Of Punters Apart From (bhoy) Fans Are Stering Clear Of celtic V Rapid Vienna game Tonight (why)???? I Have Been Waching Vienna And Celtic Games Very Closely Over The Past Months And I Dont Really Undestand The Odds Offered For Vienna, Lets Just Cast Our Minds Back A Few Weeks To The Rapid V Hamburg Game, Everyonein This Frum And Their Granny Thought Hamburg Would Win Ut Rapid Vienna Put Them In Thier Place, A Few Weeks Befre That You All Thought The Same Aganst Aston Villa, Thought Wrong Again As They Weregreat Home And Away. If You Class Celtic Up There With Villa And Hamburg Then So Be It, But You Would Be A Fool To Bet Against Them With A Goal Start At Odds Of 6/4..

Because it's likely to have an impact on the team's performance?
I doubt that
I don't understand all the fuss over Roma's form. Barring the shock loss at home to Basle, they've only lost to Juventus and Genoa in the league, which is nothing to be ashamed about.
you would understand the fuss if you watched their games. In the their last game, the 1-1 draw with Catania, Roma were not only poor, they were pathetic. They barely made a threat on goal with the majority of their shots coming 30m out. They were extremely lucky to draw with a goal in the 3rd minute of stoppages. Roma rely on totti and taddei for their attacking spark. If they don't have a great game, roma don't win. Without taddei it makes the pressure on totti even greater. Sure totti could have a great game and roma win 3-0, but I like sofia's chances against roma's weakened defence who have failed you keep a clean sheet the entire season.

Aye mate if I had to make an honest prediction of the game I'd go for Celtic by the odd goal 1-0 or 2-1 but I just think at odds of 1.57 its not worth the risk. Enjoy mate, I couldn't get the night off work, first European game I've missed at Celtic Park since August 2003 when we played Kaunas. Sing loud and proud :ok If your throwing any bottles just make sure you make contact with one of their players this time ;)
Haha the bottles XD Unlucky pal - should be a good one. I think there's only going to be 50,000 there tonight - prices are far too steep - Champions League prices, I go to every home and the vast majority of away games anyway but it's the boards fault we're in this position - they should have at least lowered the prices. Yeah I thought we wouldn't be as short as that either TBH, I think 4/5 would have been a fair price, I'm still going to stick with it anyway. :D Enjoy the game mate. :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 Afternoon all, Before I get into my picks this eveing I'v been very interested in the discussions currently taking place on the site surrounding 'bad' posts etc, I personally dont see the problem with the lads post in the other thread, he tipped his bet and briefly gave some sort of reasoning for it. What I dont agree with is the punters that come on these threads and beg for someone to tell them winners....this site is full of potential winners, if someone wants a good tip that badly, all they have to do is some studying of the information provided by the other more experienced posters. On to tonights picks for me....UEFA cup is not one of my most favoured competitions to bet on so small stakes for me tonight and I am sticking to games involving teams I have some knowledge of. Werder Bremen V Athletic Bilbao - Werder Bremen win @ 1.66 (bet365) The Germans go into this match off the back of a 9 competitive game run unbeaten. They sit 5th in the German Bundesliga with a home record of 2-1-1, the loss coming on the opening day of the season. Now while the Germans have lost thier best player in the summer (Diego to Juventus) I still feel thier squad has loads of enery and talent. Bremen made it all the way to the final of this comeptition last year eventually losing 2-1 in extra time to Shakthar. Look for Pizarro, Hunt or Rosenburg to get the Germans goals with tremendous knowledge and experience from their captain Torsten Frings whom is expected to make the Europa League tie this evening. Thier opponants Athletic Bilbao come off the back of a 4-0 gubbing in La Liga at the hands of Sevilla. This will have knocked the Spanairds confidence. Apart from this their season has been mediocre thus far, they beat minnows Austria Vienna 3-0 at home in their first group game of the Europa League (they only gained entry to the Europan League through a league cup final appreance last year). Werder will look to solidify their dominance in this group tonight as the sooner they gurantee qualification from the group the sooner they can think about testing some fringe players in the remainding games. The Spaniards will likely put up a fight but with Frings pulling the strings in mindfeild and the experience of Germans, I expect a home win in the end. The following Werder Bremen players are nominated for the Europa League game: Tim Wiese, Christian Vander, Petri Pasanen, Naldo, Clemens Fritz, Markus Rosenberg, Marko Marin, Mesut Özil, Aaron Hunt, Torsten Frings, Claudio Pizarro, Peter Niemeyer, Niklas Andersen, Per Mertesacker, Marcelo Moreno Martins, Philipp Bargfrede, Torsten Oehrl Next game I'm taking a look at.... Celtic V Rapid Vienna - No bet for me I see a few punters coming on here saying Celtic have been poor this season etc well we sit top of the SPL waiting to go 7 points clear of Rangers on Sunday IF we beat them, having won all our comestic games bar one draw. Sure we're possibly not playing the best we can but we are grinding out results and I keep hearing that the sign of good teams such as Man Utd etc who are Champions. Celtic go into the Europa League on the back of sheer frustration and disappointment amongst the fans. There is no doubt in our minds we should be in the CLgroup stage instead. We done extremely well to over come the Russians in the first CL qualifying stage then we were very unlucky to be drawn against English gianst Arsenal whom, to be honest were just to good for us. However we go into this competition wanting success, we got to the final a few years back and dont be fooled, most Celtic fans would take another return to the Europa League final rather than a last 16 CL appearance any day of the week, this competition will be taken seriously by Tony and the fans. If the odds on Celtic were a little bit higher I would definalty have a nibble on them, but at 1.57 I dont see much value as we are up against a more than capable team who demonstrated exactly what they can do on matchday one with a 3-0 win over Hamburg. Nothing too interesting to tell you about Celtic team news, likely start with the following line up..... -------------------------------THG------------------------------------ Caddis/Hinkel---------McManus-----Loovens----------------------Fox ----------------Brown--------------------N'Guemo-------------------- McGeady---------------------------------------------------Maloney --------------------Samaras-------McDonald------------------------- Will be an attacking line up for the Celts tonight and Paradise will be rocking, I expect Celtic to win but at those odds its a NO BET for me. Going to have a bit of a look around for a team I can double Werder up with .... GL everyone :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 Time Ran Out So Ill Continue.... European Football Is A New Experience To Tony Mowbrey He Talks About It As If It Were A League Cup, The Scottish League Is Very Poor At The Moment And I Have Watched Celtics Every Game This Season, 3 Weeks Ago They Drew With Dundee Utd 1-1 And United Could Have Won It If It Was Not For Celtic Keepers Great Save, The Week Later They Were At Home Again Against Hearts, It Was 1-1 With Minutes To Go And Celtic Grabbed A Lucky Winner. Last Weekend It Was Like A Pubgame When They Beat St Mirren 2-0. Im Not Saying Celtic Dont Raise Their Games In Europe, What I Am Saying Is They Are Not Worth The Price On Offer On Past Games Played... Stick The Mortgage On Vienna +1....

Time Ran Out So Ill Continue.... European Football Is A New Experience To Tony Mowbrey He Talks About It As If It Were A League Cup, The Scottish League Is Very Poor At The Moment And I Have Watched Celtics Every Game This Season, 3 Weeks Ago They Drew With Dundee Utd 1-1 And United Could Have Won It If It Was Not For Celtic Keepers Great Save, The Week Later They Were At Home Again Against Hearts, It Was 1-1 With Minutes To Go And Celtic Grabbed A Lucky Winner. Last Weekend It Was Like A Pubgame When They Beat St Mirren 2-0. Im Not Saying Celtic Dont Raise Their Games In Europe, What I Am Saying Is They Are Not Worth The Price On Offer On Past Games Played... Stick The Mortgage On Vienna +1....
that was one of the hardest things to read I've ever experienced

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 First post so bear with me. BATE Borisov vs Everton FC I can't really give any information on the hosts tonight but as an Everton fan I can on us. Everton will be missing 10 regulars tonight through injuries and suspensions. Jagielka,Yobo, Heitinga, Neill, Arteta, Rodwell, Neville, Pienaar, Vaughan, Anichebe and Saha are all missing. I've been told the team tonight is going to line up as followed : Howard, Baines, Distin, Hibbert, Gosling, Bilyaletdinov, Fellaini, Cahill, Osman, Jo, Yakubu. You've read that right, while I like Hibbert he is an average right-back who barring some miracle will more than likely have a stinker at centre-back. I can see BATE scoring at least a goal tonight with that backline. The midfield/attack should be good enough to cause BATE problems and with Bilyaletdinov's superb deliveries Cahill and Fellaini will be dangerous. Betting Verdict Over 2.5 goals @ 2 8/10 Both teams to score @ 1.98 7/10 I don't bet against my team as a general rule but if I was a neutral and I had a little bit more information on them, I would take on BATE @ 5.5 which I see as good value for a team who were a decent CL outfit last season. Apologies for my ignorance on the opposition and also if I haven't posted in the right format.

First post so bear with me. BATE Borisov vs Everton FC I can't really give any information on the hosts tonight but as an Everton fan I can on us. Everton will be missing 10 regulars tonight through injuries and suspensions. Jagielka,Yobo, Heitinga, Neill, Arteta, Rodwell, Neville, Pienaar, Vaughan, Anichebe and Saha are all missing. I've been told the team tonight is going to line up as followed : Howard, Baines, Distin, Hibbert, Gosling, Bilyaletdinov, Fellaini, Cahill, Osman, Jo, Yakubu. You've read that right, while I like Hibbert he is an average right-back who barring some miracle will more than likely have a stinker at centre-back. I can see BATE scoring at least a goal tonight with that backline. The midfield/attack should be good enough to cause BATE problems and with Bilyaletdinov's superb deliveries Cahill and Fellaini will be dangerous. Betting Verdict Over 2.5 goals @ 2 8/10 Both teams to score @ 1.98 7/10 I don't bet against my team as a general rule but the braver among us might want to take on BATE @ 5.5 Apologies if I haven't posted in the right format.
Great first post....:welcome to the PL That looks a lot stronger Everton team than i expected. The odds for both to score look really tempting.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 I just fill in my thoughts for the game Sporting vs. Hertha I don´t think the new manager syndrom will help Berlin here to take a point or more. I expect an early goal for the portugese club and a clear homewin. Hertha will start low in confidence after the recent beatings and very nervous. I can imagine some devasting errors in defence - like before - and the first keeper (Drobny; a real good one) is out injured. This won´t help either. Quality is missing in Berlins squad, Sporting simply better, I think. My bet for this is: 1/1 HT/FT

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 I agree with ScotlandsPunter and also will be taking Werder Bremen WIN Pros

• Werder Bremen do take this competition seriously, evidenced last year when they made the final.
  • They have had a good start to the season. They are second in german league table.
  • Atheltico Bilabo have injuries - Pablo Orbaiz, Ion Velez, Inigo Diaz de Cerio, Inaki Munoz and Iban Zubiaurre
  • Confidence will be low for Bilbao after a 4-0 defeat on weekend against sevilla.
Cons
  • Werder Bremen can be an inconsistent team at home - already failed to maximise points in winnable game in german league ( 3-2 loss to Eintracht Frankfurt and more recently 0-0 draw vs Hannover 96)
  • Tim Borowski and Sebastian Boenisch are doubts for the clash.

Conclusion The german team know what must be done in this competition and have the hunger to go 1 extra step from last year. Bilbao are ringing the chances to the squad after a thumping to Sevilla and also have several injuriy concerns. Werder Bremen win for me Medium Stakes, because I don't like betting Big Stakes on Europa League.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 wouldnt go putting your mortgage on it lads but 5-1 for rapid vienna to beat celtic is worth a risk, rapid vienna have done well so far this year and celtic, although being top of spl, realy are a poor side. obviously celtic are known to be great at home but they're not going to win every euro game they play at parkhead. were poor against tel aviv and theres nothing much to them in the league. strikers havnt hit form this season and their defence is error prone at times. rapid viennas counter attacking ability could cause their slow defence real problems. something you also may want to consider is that they are up against rangers in a crucial derby match on sunday and their minds may be looking forward to that. maybe worth sticking £10 or so on rapid vienna. good luck

Well Done Thefranchise A Bit Of Common Sense At Last!!!!
I think if you read myself ( a 'bhoy' as you call it ) and some other punters posts above we have said the odds on Celtic are far too low.... One thing I am definatly having a small dabble on tho is a correct score in the game.... In 'the game' 25 years ago between the two sides, Celtic won 3-0 at Paradise, the odds on that happening again are tempting for me so I'll be putting a wee small stake on.... Celitc to win 3-0 @ 11.0 (Bet365) Mon the hoops, hail hail Good Luck everyone :hope:hope

I agree with ScotlandsPunter and also will be taking Werder Bremen WIN Pros
  • Werder Bremen do take this competition seriously, evidenced last year when they made the final.
  • They have had a good start to the season. They are second in german league table.
  • Atheltico Bilabo have injuries - Pablo Orbaiz, Ion Velez, Inigo Diaz de Cerio, Inaki Munoz and Iban Zubiaurre
  • Confidence will be low for Bilbao after a 4-0 defeat on weekend against sevilla.
Cons
  • Werder Bremen can be an inconsistent team at home - already failed to maximise points in winnable game in german league ( 3-2 loss to Eintracht Frankfurt and more recently 0-0 draw vs Hannover 96)
  • Tim Borowski and Sebastian Boenisch are doubts for the clash.

Conclusion The german team know what must be done in this competition and have the hunger to go 1 extra step from last year. Bilbao are ringing the chances to the squad after a thumping to Sevilla and also have several injuriy concerns. Werder Bremen win for me Medium Stakes, because I don't like betting Big Stakes on Europa League.

Good write up mate, lets hope its a winner :hope:hope

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 You May All Say The Odds Are Too Short, But You All Think Celtic Will Still Win Because You Are Fans Of The Team, Looking From A Neutral Position Vienna Are Very Massive At 5/1 Follow Your Mind - Not Your Heart!!!!!!!

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 Werder Bremen should have too much for Bilbao tonight. The Spanish outfit are also hit with 4 or 5 hard injuries and they will be far from full strength tonight. Bremen are a solid European outfit with a fantastic pedigree and they should win comfortably at home. I think BATE are terrific value at home to Everton aswell. Everton at home are a fantastic side in my opinion but I am still not convinced about them on their travels. Borisov are not a bad side and Everton have several first team players missing tonight. At 9/2 Borisov are absolutely massive. As a Celtic man I wouldn't touch us with a bargepole at 4/7. Vienna are not a bad side and seem to have been overlooked by the bookmakers. Saying that, Celtic should still win but I think it could be 1-0 or 2-1.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 Celtic v Rapid Vienna, predicting the 1x2 could well be tricky, but having seen rapid vienna play 3 times this season (both aston villa games and the friendly win over liverpool) i think they are a pretty well organised team, that mixed with the fact Celtic are poor and their strikers are even poorer then i can't look beyond under 2.5 goals. Lots of good prices on it too (2.2 @ Coral and Betfair)