** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

UEFA Europa League » Oct 1

Djordje

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1

I doubt that you would understand the fuss if you watched their games. In the their last game, the 1-1 draw with Catania, Roma were not only poor, they were pathetic. They barely made a threat on goal with the majority of their shots coming 30m out. They were extremely lucky to draw with a goal in the 3rd minute of stoppages. Roma rely on totti and taddei for their attacking spark. If they don't have a great game, roma don't win. Without taddei it makes the pressure on totti even greater. Sure totti could have a great game and roma win 3-0, but I like sofia's chances against roma's weakened defence who have failed you keep a clean sheet the entire season.
Trust me, as a Pompey fan, if there is trouble off the pitch it often translates on to the pitch. The stats tell me that Catania had 5 shots to Roma's 3 on target during that game and that Roma had 13 shots all game to Catania's 12. Judging by the stats, I'd say it was a fairly even game and a draw was a fair result. You may say they played poorly, but that could have been a tactics issue. Catania could have been organised, kept their shape and restricted Roma to long shots. It's the difference between actually playing poorly and being tacticly outclassed. If it were a morale issue they might not have scored a late equaliser. You call it luck. I call it perseverance.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You May All Say The Odds Are Too Short, But You All Think Celtic Will Still Win Because You Are Fans Of The Team, Looking From A Neutral Position Vienna Are Very Massive At 5/1 Follow Your Mind - Not Your Heart!!!!!!!
Perhaps read the posts mate, we have said that Rapid offer value, Spriritof67 said Rapid +1 would be a good bet, I have said its a no bet for me....only one or two people have said they think Celtic will win, thats up to them, personally its a no bet for me.

Everton will be missing 10 regulars tonight through injuries and suspensions. Jagielka,Yobo, Heitinga, Neill, Arteta, Rodwell, Neville, Pienaar, Vaughan, Anichebe and Saha are all missing. I've been told the team tonight is going to line up as followed : Howard, Baines, Distin, Hibbert, Gosling, Bilyaletdinov, Fellaini, Cahill, Osman, Jo, Yakubu.
:welcome, but the information I have is that Joseph Yobo will play tonight and act as captain in the absence of Phil Neville. I'd be interested to know if you have different sources...

Werder Bremen should have too much for Bilbao tonight. The Spanish outfit are also hit with 4 or 5 hard injuries and they will be far from full strength tonight. Bremen are a solid European outfit with a fantastic pedigree and they should win comfortably at home. I think BATE are terrific value at home to Everton aswell. Everton at home are a fantastic side in my opinion but I am still not convinced about them on their travels. Borisov are not a bad side and Everton have several first team players missing tonight. At 9/2 Borisov are absolutely massive. As a Celtic man I wouldn't touch us with a bargepole at 4/7. Vienna are not a bad side and seem to have been overlooked by the bookmakers. Saying that, Celtic should still win but I think it could be 1-0 or 2-1.
Agree BATE look decent value mate, especially with the amount of missing players Everton have (thanks Jase for that info :ok) Will wait for team news before I decide what to go for.

Trust me' date=' as a Pompey fan, if there is trouble off the pitch it often translates on to the pitch.[/quote'] pompey's problems can hardly be compared to cska's you didn't see the game.... catania deserved to win, roma were terrible.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 Dynamo Buchurest - Panathinaikos: 2, Panathinaikos win! I do predict an under final score such as 0-1 or 0-2. Panatha leads the championship won 5 out of 5, teams performance is fair enough and reaches good and i do expect more. Attackers and Midfielders are on great form, they have quality and experience to score and get the result. Leto is an "Unstoppable Force". Cisse won't play since is banned for 2 eula matches. The only dis concerning Panathinaikos is the defence which does careless mistakes BUT i do not see Dynamo been able to create danger. Anytime goal scorer: Salpigidis is on fire. It will be a fine night for Panthinaikos. :dude

:welcome' date=' but the information I have is that Joseph Yobo will play tonight and act as captain in the absence of Phil Neville. I'd be interested to know if you have different sources...[/quote'] Hi Jase, The Everton team is as follows.... 24 Howard 2 Hibbert 3 Baines 7 Bilyaletdinov 11 Jo 15 Distin 17 Cahill 19 Gosling 21 Osman 22 Yakubu 25 Fellaini Hope this helps :ok

:welcome' date=' but the information I have is that Joseph Yobo will play tonight and act as captain in the absence of Phil Neville. I'd be interested to know if you have different sources...[/quote'] I hope so but unfortunately the lad who I get the info off has always been spot on for me, here is hoping he is wrong! Even so Yobo is prone to the odd lapse of concentration and the odd spoony when not under any pressure at all!

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 Surprised nobody has mentioned FC Copenhagen yet - they are in fine fettle, winning L3 and need a win. Sparta are nothing special this season, drew L2 league games and conceded the lead twice against PSV at home. Fair enough, they seem to raise their game in Europe a bit, but they struggle in front of goal big time and now even their 18-y-old savious is away with the U20 national team. I wonder if they can find the net tonight, and am pretty confident the fast forwards and midfielders of FCK will give them hard time. FCK waqs 1.95 on B365 the whole day until about 30 mins ago, and now 1.85 is available (sure better prices on the exchanges).

Hi Jase, The Everton team is as follows.... 24 Howard 2 Hibbert 3 Baines 7 Bilyaletdinov 11 Jo 15 Distin 17 Cahill 19 Gosling 21 Osman 22 Yakubu 25 Fellaini Hope this helps :ok
Cheers for this. :) That looks even worse. With Yobo playing, I'd give them a much better shot, but now that Hibbert's starting, I'd side more with BATE. Could be the best value pick of the day in that case.

I agree - I'm not betting for fun, or to impress people with high-quota bets. I want to win money. Besides that I'm not greedy. Statistically, home teams DO win more games. And I like PSV odds today too... I'm going to bet on them, Benfica and Lazio for sure, and probably on some "trixies" with high quotas. Still, some more info would be warmly appreciated :hope
Any reasoning behind your bets Alessan? We really try to get all our members to give their input too. :ok

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 Having read the info posted by holden above i think BATE are a decent value bet, however for me Everton have turned the corner even with 10 regulars out of the starting line up the can still put a very decent team out, the start of there season was shocking however they seemed to have dragged themselves out of the myre and i fully expect them to win by 2 goals tonight. On another front i will be taking shaktar as a home banker, shaktar are a group stage cl team and to find them in the europa league is a diamond :D, finally i will take fulham under 2.5 they struggle to score goals and basle are a decent outfit who have upset teams in the past i can see either team taking a one goal lead and shutting up shop! Btw huge value on Genoa dnt really follow italian football to much but at those odds and with a decent seria a squad it would be worth a flutter!

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 Hi again, decided to double my Werder Bremen tip up with.... AEK Athens V Benfica - Benfica win @ 2.00 (Bet365) Benfica have really been flying recently, they have won thier last 5, lost only one all season and srawn another. They have won 7 out of 9 games this season in all competitions, scoring 28 and conceding 5. My mind was made up when I seen the Benfica starting line up.... ------------------Juilio Ceaser--------------- Maxi Pereira ----Luisao---David Luiz----Cesar Peixoto --------------------Javi Garcia-------------- Ramires------------Pablo Aimar-----------Di Maria ---------Oscar Cardozo----Saviola-------------- This team has goals in it, with Ramires, Aimar and Di Maria all supplying superb services to quality finishers such as Cardozo and Saviola I can see Benfica scoring in Greece this evening. The hosts are in trouble at the moment, They have only won 3 in their first 8 games, losing 4 and drawing one. They lost last time out in the Europa League at Goodison 4-0 to Everton and tonight they miss three players who started that match through injury or suspension (Cheers Jase again for the info). The Portugese team to take all three points @ evens tonight is a good shout :ok:ok Doubled that up with Werder Bremen and got the double @ 3.32 GL everyone :hope:hope

With regards to FC Basle; they are of Champions League quality' date=' who slipped slightly recently and have now replaced long serving Christian Gross as manager.[/quote'] I'm interested - what makes you think Basel are Champs League quality?

Thier opponants Athletic Bilbao come off the back of a 4-0 gubbing in La Liga at the hands of Sevilla. This will have knocked the Spanairds confidence. Apart from this their season has been mediocre thus far' date=' they beat minnows Austria Vienna 3-0 at home in their first group game of the Europa League (they only gained entry to the Europan League through a league cup final appreance last year). [/quote'] Not trying to be pedantic here but Bilbao's season has been anything but mediocre. A side like this has already overcome two difficult opponents in Europe - Tromso and Young Boys Bern - and have made one of their best starts to La Liga for some time. They won their first three games in a row and have only slumped in their last two. They've got their best squad since the late 90's, in my opinion, with an awful lot of variety and talent. They're a threat, if nothing else, particularly to a suspect Werder backline. Nonetheless, I suspect this will be a home win so good luck with your bet. As much as I love Bilbao, they can't defend for sh!t and will concede in this game rather easily. My personal favourite bet today is Villarreal at Salzburg. I'm surprised more people haven't jumped aboard with this game, really. Villarreal have had a bad start, something that was expected given Pellegrini was Villarreal. Nonetheless, they still have a quality side and are a cut above a Salzburg side that have proven on numerous occasions this year that they cannot cope with sides that they're better than, let alone sides that they're not better than. Villarreal will look to take morale and momentum from this game in a hope to get their season going and I can't see Salzburg, on the back of a fortunate win at Austria Karnten at weekend, troubling them at all. Good luck all!

Not trying to be pedantic here but Bilbao's season has been anything but mediocre. A side like this has already overcome two difficult opponents in Europe - Tromso and Young Boys Bern - and have made one of their best starts to La Liga for some time. They won their first three games in a row and have only slumped in their last two. They've got their best squad since the late 90's, in my opinion, with an awful lot of variety and talent. They're a threat, if nothing else, particularly to a suspect Werder backline. Good luck all!
Yes maybe not a mediocre season for a team of their ability but mediocre in terms of La Liga and the Europa League....Im sorry but Tromso and young Boys Bern are no where near the same opposition as a team of Werder Bremen, they will have achieved more than a mediocre start when they beat teams such as Bremen or the likes....(they'll go and win tonight now :lol).

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 I'm all over Panathinikos tonight. In form, and with a better squad than Dinamo. Looking at Dinamo's record, they've lost quite a few at home and to far worse sides than themselves, never mind Pana. 10/10 on Pana at about 2/1 I think.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 Hamburg - Hapoel Tel Aviv I don't know much about Hamburg beside that they are a strong home team and beat Bayern 1-0 last week. I believe Hapoel will do hard time to Hamburg. Hapoel is an organised team and have a nice tradition in Europe. Line up: Enyema, Bonder, De Silva, Badir, Ben Dayan, Mentashvili, Yadin, Natkho, Vermut, Vuchivich, Yeboha. I think odds on Hamburg is a bit short and although they are clear favourites, @ 1.20 is not enough for me.

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 Watching AEK-Benfica live... Benfica has obviously more quality...AEK decided to play the counter attack game... Benfica opened strong and hit the post once but at 20' AEK missed a huge chance with Blanco heading the ball wide facing an open goal... After that the match evened out with Benfica still circulating the ball better but being a bit careless with their defense...at the end of the half AEK was more pressing and scored from a set piece... AEk players are young and one or two good moves make the crowd go wild and they play with more enthusiasm...but they lack in technical ability... Benfica can change this around but it won't be easy... :(

Watching AEK-Benfica live... Benfica has obviously more quality...AEK decided to play the counter attack game... Benfica opened strong and hit the post once but at 20' AEK missed a huge chance with Blanco heading the ball wide facing an open goal... After that the match evened out with Benfica still circulating the ball better but being a bit careless with their defense...at the end of the half AEK was more pressing and scored from a set piece... AEk players are young and one or two good moves make the crowd go wild and they play with more enthusiasm...but they lack in technical ability... Benfica can change this around but it won't be easy... :(
Lets hope Benfica come out a bit more up for it in the second half :hope:hope

Re: UEFA Europa League » Oct 1 Watching Twente - Steaua I have to say that Steaua was the one controling the game in the last 20 minutes of the match, they had about 2 big occasions to score however the lack of a decent striker shows. I'm afraid to say that if Twente, even if they have higher quality players and control the midfield most of the time, they have to change something in there game or Steaua might just score one :( Shakhtar did there job as usual and already have covered the -1 handicap... I expect them to score again as they kill on counter-attack and Partizan will have to attack as they have nothing to loose Can anyone help with some info about Fener? how is the game going on.

Lets hope Benfica come out a bit more up for it in the second half :hope:hope
Hope so. Such a strong line up for Benfica that its suprising they are 1-0 down. Am sure Saviola and Aimar can turn this around.:hope

Watching Twente - Steaua I have to say that Steaua was the one controling the game in the last 20 minutes of the match, they had about 2 big occasions to score however the lack of a decent striker shows. I'm afraid to say that if Twente, even if they have higher quality players and control the midfield most of the time, they have to change something in there game or Steaua might just score one :( Shakhtar did there job as usual and already have covered the -1 handicap... I expect them to score again as they kill on counter-attack and Partizan will have to attack as they have nothing to loose Can anyone help with some info about Fener? how is the game going on.
Gool for FENER Shakhtar scored the 3rd as I expected and Steaua just missed a HUUGE occasion.... :sad