** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Best bet of the day 13th Aug

In serious need of some points this month lol!! 3.25 sandown Film set, detori has opted to ride here rather than salisbury in a group 3 race, riding this and mezenah in the maiden for his boss you have to think he feels these have a good chance to opt for these rather than a group race. Not drawn over well but has put some good performances together on fast ground at windsor, back down to 7f today and should suit him better than a mile has recently 0.5pt e/w film set 6/1 bet365 bog

Re: Best bet of the day 13th Aug Sandown 17:10 - Brouhaha 1pt win Tom Dascombe's runner was well beat on heavy ground LTO which clearly did not suit and perhaps his best form has come on the all-weather but I like his chances here, a very consistent horse in this company and has come back down to a more competitive mark, should not be to any problems with the 9f trip, has won four times on the Wolverhampton nice furlongs which is 100 yards further. The stable are finding winners again and he should go well in the last.

Re: Best bet of the day 13th Aug 14.30 Salisbury - Ilston Lord. Ilston Lord was eyecatching on debut when finishing 6/9 on debut at Goodwood in which he ran very green in what was a fairly competitive maiden. He was held up in the rear and when finally making a run he made some good progress over the last 1-2f. A very interesting runner who I expect a big run from. .5 points each-way.

Re: Best bet of the day 13th Aug Ilston Lord is now a non-runner so here is my new selection; 18.00 Newcastle - Spying. I side with Spying here with Bow Beaver the main danger. I'll start with Bow Beaver. He was fairly impressive on debut over 5f when winning by three quarters of a length at Carlisle but the form from the race has took many knocks and doesn't look all that impressive the fact that he hasn't been on track for 73 days is a negative for me. He should stay but I don't think he's good enough to win the race. On to my selection Spying he was very impressive at Beverley on debut over an extended 7f, he took up the running 1f out and stayed on impressively to win the race. He ran fairly green and is definitely open to more improvement and should be too good for his opponents here. Despite being 2lbs higher in the weights I fully expect Spying to win this one.

Re: Best bet of the day 13th Aug 810 Stratford : Rhinestone Ruby 2pts WIN Cracking race here in prospect with lots of form lines all over the place, just a question of which ones look the strongest. The top four carry penalties with Rhinestone Ruby a double but she was most impressive last time and did think she would be better over further, the only slight doubt is she seems to like soft ground. To me she looks the most progressive. Pokanoket was slammed by Cooksgrove Lady last time and the form doesnt look as strong while Run For Time was outpointed by Candle last time and that to me looks a bit suspect although she is a course winner. The one receiving all the weight is Cailin Na Ri, she was the only one to give Corum a run last time but having said that she has had a few chances now and again may prefer softer conditions. The Irish send over Quivvy Bridge and just cant see that one being good enough here.

Re: Best bet of the day 13th Aug 2:30 Salisbury - Magic Lantern- Back Stepped up on debut when 2nd lto. Winner has since come 1st in a group 3, which is working out really well. Form of the 1st and 2nd look really strong having been franked since by losers in their previous races. Everything points towards Magic Lantern 1pt win

Re: Best bet of the day 13th Aug 7.30 Newcastle 'Future Gem' Gone close last 2 runs, opposition doesn't seem any stronger than that and looked unlucky last time. Will benefit from stronger jockeyship, Redwater River finished behind my selection last time and came uot and won fairly comfortably since. Looks good to go very close.

Re: Best bet of the day 13th Aug Salisbury 16.50 Dualaqi comes into this having won over C&D in May of this year off a mark of 59, 3lb's lighter than that M Bosley's mare has always shown good form around here with 3 placed efforts from 4 runs. Last time out showed decent form when 3rd at Folkstone when being left alot to do being denied a clear run but stayed on I think if things can fall a bit better today shes in with a chance.:ok 1pt Win

Re: Best bet of the day 13th Aug 7.30 Newcastle Soviet Rhythm was modest when running in sprint races in 2008 Has only had the two runs this year over further which were poor to say the least but with a new stable now who are in good form at the moment and racing over 5f again could see a better run. This is also M.Dods only runner here today i will take a chance on this one E/W.:hope:hope 0.5pt E/W

Re: Best bet of the day 13th Aug 7.30 Newcastle Future Gem 0.5pts E/W She's been knocking at the door on her last two races when 2nd in 6F races, back to 5F today, this sharper distance may see her to better effect. With D Tudhope aboard again, a partnership that has produced her only win to date in a 5F race at Catterick, may also help today. D Tudhope has 3 wins / 5 places from his last 20 rides.

Re: Best bet of the day 13th Aug 2:20 Sandown Francis Walshingham - Looks a decent punt in this small field. Came a decent 4th LTO in a decent race over 6f LTO and previous to this came 4th in another good race over 6f. Drops down to 5f today at Sandown and with this drops a couple of pounds to 73. The trainer has recently hit decent form and the horse has a very good jockey in Drowne on board. The draw may be a concern over this track. However, I believe with the favourite perhaps too high in the handicap and not much else on show it will be able to overcome this. Francis Walshingham @ 5/1 (Skybet)

Re: Best bet of the day 13th Aug 510 Sandown - Latin Scholar- each way Won well off a 2lb lower mark at Chepstow and attempted to follow up on the AW at Kempton where he finished a slightly disappointing 4th. However the form has worked out well with the 2nd and 6th winning since and a return to turf should make him competitive again.

Re: Best bet of the day 13th Aug Salisbury 3.40pm 1pt lay Galilean Moon A few think this horse today can run a good race and win its 4th race today following up on LTOs win,R Moore is on board today as was when winning on 24th July 09 and market support will be heavy on this fav. 3 others give a good account of their form in this race today and will win today,odds on Betfair at the mo are 3.75 and i hope will come in near the off as people follow the money plus the jockeys name will bring money to the horse,laying. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best bet of the day 13th Aug 4.35 Sandown Farleigh Only had 1 race as a 2yo finishing 2nd at kempton in a reasonable maiden (strathcal in behind who has won already this season). 1st time up this season, the horse won over this trip & i have noted horses winning at the track this season have held their form well. Last time out was 3rd on Soft ground at Salisbury 4.75L behind yesterdays impressive scorer Ave from Stoutes yard. A mark of 74 looks ok for this horse to make its mark with young Buick riding.

Re: Best bet of the day 13th Aug 4.00 Sandown: Mezenah WIN Clear form pick for this race of those with previous experience. Seasonal debut over this trip at Ascot looks strong when just pipped into 2nd - winner of that race ran well yesterday to finish 3rd in the Salisbury listed race won by Ave and the well-beaten 4th home that day won a maiden next time out. Godolphin's horses in great form at the moment and unless there is something special in this race that hasn't had a previous run then can't see it being beat.

Re: Best bet of the day 13th Aug 4.50 Salisbury - Lucy Brown (LAY) She doesn't have much form to speak of. Her 2nd place came over 7f and she contests the tighter 6f today. She races off 9-9 for this fillies handicap, which is a very large amount for a young female to cope with. Having a look over the form card the field has quite a few winners at this distance and some others with excellent performances on the AW which may translate well to the turf. I feel that 5/1 is poor value for a heavily-laden maiden filly running against some competition who have proven that they can get the job done. Currently 6.4 to lay :hope

Re: Best bet of the day 13th Aug 3.25 Sandown The Snatcher - poorly drawn at Goodwood, latest, but prior to that was a decent third behind the progressive The Forgotten Voice and the useful AW miler Multakka at Kempton. Well handicapped on his best form as placed off 90 on turf last season, is also a course and distance winner. Trainer Richard Hannon in rampant mood yesterday and should go well at a big price from a decent draw. EW

Re: Best bet of the day 13th Aug 8.30 newcastle caught on camera 1pt win continuing my theme of backing horses by red ransom in 3yo handicaps two candidates today - other is surprise party at sandown 12f too far last time drops down to 10f lowly mark and will win this season so why not tonight

Re: Best bet of the day 13th Aug WELLINGTON SQUARE 3.25 Sandown. 0.5 points each way. A few little things to worry about, but I think at the prices he's a solid enough each way bet. The trip and ground shouldn't be any problems and I think he can run the race at a pace that's very suitable.

Re: Best bet of the day 13th Aug Hel's Angel 6.30 Newcastle Was unlucky when getting boxed in at Epsom and then didn't settle last time out but still on a mark it can win off and racing on ground that suits. Might be better over 1m but 7f might not be a problem if there is decent pace in the race.

Re: Best bet of the day 13th Aug 5:00 Beverly. Wisemans Diamond. 1 point LAY There's a lot going for this horse. He won by 7 lengths last time, and is not penalised for that success in an apprentice race. However, I watched that race at the time as I had an interest in it, and I got the feeling that it was run very much to suit the selection. That is less likely to happen today, and with the going not quite so firm and a number of horses who seemingly have a chance I do feel there is value in taking a chance by opposing him at odds that are likely to be less than 2/1.

Re: Best bet of the day 13th Aug S7.10 Star Tenor 0.5pt E/W Has finished 1st and 2nd on 2 visits to the track and is 12/1 today with 4 places paid. Danny Cook is the only jockey to have won on the horse and he's back on board again tonight. It's slipping down the weights and has been given a chance by the handicapper back at its favourite track. The ground will be fine and I think this looks sure to run its race.

Re: Best bet of the day 13th Aug 8.00 Newcastle - Addison De Witt Very weak race here and i only give Addison De Witt, Acclaim to Fame and Aphrodite's Rock any kind of a chance. However, i'm personally going with Addison De Witt who so far this year has been very consistent. Won lto over hurdles, but is still a very capable flat horse with a couple of places and a number of 4th place finishes so far this year. Takes a drop down in trip than usual to 1m2f which i think could help as normally ends up 1 pace in the later stages of further distances. Doesn't mind the firmer ground and is still on a mark where strong performances have been seen.

Re: Best bet of the day 13th Aug 7.50 Chepstow This is my sort of race, a 16-runner 3yo maiden handicap going 6/1 the field. I'm actually going three handed in this race, Migliori, Two Turtle Doves and Rosie Two, however one represents such value that she warrant a BBOTD. Rosie Two looks well drawn on her return to 6f and is well treated on her maiden form. Rosie Two EW