Golf: The Open Championship

Re: Golf: The Open Championship

you never saw Dads army i assume !! quote about the Germans during the war "they dont like it up them" Bookies are absolutely dancing in the aisles tonight if Tiger fails to make the cut.
Who do you think..... your kidding Mr Bowles?:) I see the revelence now between the war, and Tiger possibly missing the cut :lol:ok Tiger gets one back with two to play and the par five to come.

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Golf: The Open Championship Tiger had never played Turnberry before this tournament and he had to be a big negative for me. Great to see Tom Watson turn back the years! however I very much doubt he'll have the stamina for 2 or possibly more days in this weather. The weather will play a big part in the outcome of this tournament and it may pay to check the tee times against what is in store tomorrow over the course of the day.

Re: Golf: The Open Championship I had some small money on Marino from the start (as stated on page 3) 700.0+ and added some more yesterday, then some more this morning at 200/210. I have then been sat here knowing I have had 30 large green on the Betfair since he finished his round not being able to do much about it as have been in a power cut for most of the afternoon. Now power is back am wondering wether to lay off and take the profit or lay off the stake and back a few of the real contenders trying to get the winner no matter what

Tiger had never played Turnberry before this tournament and he had to be a big negative for me. Great to see Tom Watson turn back the years! however I very much doubt he'll have the stamina for 2 or possibly more days in this weather. The weather will play a big part in the outcome of this tournament and it may pay to check the tee times against what is in store tomorrow over the course of the day.
Bookies benevolent fund mate, offering him at 7/2 with 33/1 bar him, they would have taken piles on him winning, being top american, making the cut, top 10 finish, the list goes on! Xmas has come early for the bookies! Then a 500/1 shot will win & they will moan someone had a tenner on him !! The tournament starts tomorrow really & i am looking at anyone from +2 upwards to still have a chnace to win this, 8 shots isnt much to make up in 2 days. All my bets made the cut, Leonard, Els, Jimenez & Harrington.

Re: Golf: The Open Championship Excellent call on Merino, Jonesy. Really unlucky not to be scooping the full amount too. 1 in a 100 putt from Watson to tie the lead :(. Tiger isn't out yet. That cut line is close to +5 now. Needing only 4 players to go beyond the line. It could all come down to Boo Weekley who is +1 through 13.

Excellent call on Merino, Jonesy. Really unlucky not to be scooping the full amount too. 1 in a 100 putt from Watson to tie the lead :(. Tiger isn't out yet. That cut line is close to +5 now. Needing only 4 players to go beyond the line. It could all come down to Boo Weekley who is +1 through 13.
bookies want him out sponsors / tv want him in who will win

Re: Golf: The Open Championship Today little better than yesterday! Happy with my bets on Westwood, Wood and McDowell. Maybe Harrington too he still ahve small chance of top 10. Shame Grace bogey the last but still reasonable position! Plus I think I have the winner......it's Vijay Singh! Might add one or two more before the play tomorrow.

Re: Golf: The Open Championship Justin Rose - Top English player @ 14/1 Paddy Power 1pt Justins game is holding together well. His front nine scores so far are 36 & 37 against 35 par. 7 straight pars today on holes 1-7 when the going was tough was an excellent effort. However 3 bogeys later, it wasnt until his eagle on the 17th that he saw red for the first time on the card. A disappointing bogey on the last however I still think he can shoot a decent round here. His driving distance was 21 yards further today than yesterday which could have been the wind conditions. However the improvement has to come from his putting after 32 & 33 putts, lets see a few more 1 putt holes & he will break 70 no doubt. I already have him EW for the title, so taking on the other english players is a smaller market & i think its between Fisher, Westwood & Rose. Ernie Els - Top ROW - 12/1 Stan James 1pt Again, i have a bet on Els (to win only) in this Open. After a shaky start today had an excellent back nine in poor conditions with 8 pars & a birdie in the last 9 holes. Again an average off 33 putts needs to go down to around 30/31 to win this. I have picked this market as again its a smaller target which looks very intriguing with some great players in the mix. Els' record for 3 top 10 finishes in the last 4 Opens remains the key for me. David Howell - To win outright - 409/1 Betfair 0.5pts Amongst the big prices, i am sure if DH has another easonable round tomorrow, he could be the fairytale of the tournament, why his odds are so high is beyond me as although he sits at +1, thats only 6 off the lead. His putting has been excellent 28 yesterday & 31 today. Bit if a hunh but remember this guy was one of our key golfers before his injury problems of the last fw years. I have seen worse 400/1 shots!

Re: Golf: The Open Championship I've read this thread with interest and some great 100/1+ shouts.. Bowlesy & JK:clap:clap One name hasbn't been mentioned at all and I've been backing him at big prices is.. Kenichi Kuboya I've taken 170's and various prices around the 100/1 mark for the title and he is lying 4th (tied) only 2 shots off the pace. Not sure why he is still around the 100 mark. perhaps I am missing something.. BTW I put a LARGE bet on Tiger at 20's today thinking it was a great price... it came in to about 14's and then we had a power cut.. by the time I got back up and running it was all over... :$:sad:@ Anyone with any Kenichi Kuboya info appreciated.. seems a big price for 2 shots off lead with no Tiger in the pack. Mike

Re: Golf: The Open Championship Kenichi Kuboya is 50's in the market "winner w/o woods" which should be the same as normal winner market??? I've had a few beers but this looks skewed to me???

I've read this thread with interest and some great 100/1+ shouts.. Bowlesy & JK:clap:clap One name hasbn't been mentioned at all and I've been backing him at big prices is.. Kenichi Kuboya I've taken 170's and various prices around the 100/1 mark for the title and he is lying 4th (tied) only 2 shots off the pace. Not sure why he is still around the 100 mark. perhaps I am missing something.. BTW I put a LARGE bet on Tiger at 20's today thinking it was a great price... it came in to about 14's and then we had a power cut.. by the time I got back up and running it was all over... :$:sad:@ Anyone with any Kenichi Kuboya info appreciated.. seems a big price for 2 shots off lead with no Tiger in the pack. Mike
cheers mike this was on the Open official site Player information He finished second in The Crowns event on the Japan Tour in 2009, but has not had a win on tour since since victories in the Munsingwear Open KSB Cup and the PGA Championship in 2002. In that same season he recorded 10 birdies in a round at the Tamanoi Yomiuri Open. Four tour victories in total.

Re: Golf: The Open Championship Update day 2 Villegas 50/1 T14 1 under Weekley 150/1 T14 1 under Clarke 175/1 T41 2 over Mayfair 1000/1 T41 2 over Donald 80/1 T53 3 over Hansen, Clark, Choi, Echenique, Snedeker, Campbell all missed cut Okish day need a couple of these to shoot 67 tomorrow

Re: Golf: The Open Championship Day 3 Weather Forecast Met Office

Date Time Weather Temp Wind Visibility
Dir Speed Gust
Sat 18 Jul 0100 w12.gif 13°C NNW 12 mph Very Good
0400 w12.gif 13°C NW 14 mph Good
0700 w12.gif 14°C NW 20 mph Very Good
1000 w10.gif 14°C NW 20 mph Very Good
1300 w10.gif 16°C NW 20 mph Very Good
1600 w14.gif 17°C WNW 21 mph Poor
1900 w12.gif 13°C WNW 21 mph Very Good
BBC Weather Forecast: Weather for the Next 24 Hours 22:00 7.gif?v23_2
  • White Cloud
  • Temp: 14°C 57°F
01:00 (Sat) 12.gif?v23_2
  • Light Rain
  • Temp: 13°C 55°F

04:00 (Sat) 12.gif?v23_2

• Light Rain
  • Sunrise: 05:02
07:00 (Sat) 12.gif?v23_2
  • Light Rain

10:00 (Sat) 10.gif?v23_2

• Light Rain Shower
13:00 (Sat) 10.gif?v23_2
  • Light Rain Shower
  • Temp: 16°C 61°F

16:00 (Sat) 14.gif?v23_2

• Heavy Rain Shower
  • Temp: 17°C 63°F
19:00 (Sat) 12.gif?v23_2
  • Light Rain
  • Sunset: 21:47

Looking at tomorrows forecast the best of the weather will be 10 am onwards until about 4 pm which just happens to be the exact opposite of todays!!! :lol The R&A Championships | The 138th Open Championship | Turnberry Scotland ROUND 2 Leaderboard Leading Players Friday, 17 July 2009

COUNTRY ROUND 2 SCORE AFTER
1 Watson US 70 -5 18
1 Marino US 68 -5 18
3 Calcavecchia US 69 -4 18
4 Goosen SA 70 -3 18
4 Singh FIJ 70 -3 18
4 Kuboya Jpn 72 -3 18
4 Fisher Eng 68 -3 18
4 Jimenez Spa 73 -3 18
9 Kingston SA 71 -2 18
9 Holmes US 70 -2 18
9 Goggin Aus 72 -2 18
9 Westwood Eng 70 -2 18
9 Cink US 72 -2 18
14 Overton US 69 -1 18
14 Villegas Col 73 -1 18
14 Garcia Spa 69 -1 18
14 Furyk US 72 -1 18
14 Kaymer Ger 70 -1 18
14 Grace SA 72 -1 18
14 Weekley US 72 -1 18
Saturday Tee Times:
108:40Johan EDFORS
208:50Robert ALLENBYMark O'MEARA
309:00Graeme STORMThomas LEVET
409:10Paul GOYDOSPaul LAWRIE
509:20Paul CASEYSoren KJELDSEN
609:30Bryce MOLDERLuke DONALD
709:40Sean O'HAIRSteve STRICKER
809:55Kenny PERRYNick WATNEY
910:05Thomas AIKENStuart APPLEBY
1010:15Padraig HARRINGTONRyuji IMADA
1110:25Rory MCILROYDaniel GAUNT
1210:35Billy MAYFAIRDarren CLARKE
1310:45Oliver WILSONPaul BROADHURST
1410:55David DRYSDALEKevin SUTHERLAND
1511:05Richard S JOHNSONFredrik JACOBSON
1611:20Tom LEHMANPaul MCGINLEY
1711:30Davis LOVE IIIAndres ROMERO
1811:40Thongchai JAIDEEDavid HOWELL
1911:50Gonzalo FERNANDEZ-CASTANOGraeme MCDOWELL
2012:00Peter HANSONMatteo MANASSERO
2112:10Henrik STENSONFredrik ANDERSSON HED
2212:20Francesco MOLINARIZach JOHNSON
2312:35Justin ROSEErnie ELS
2412:45Chris WOODJustin LEONARD
2512:55Nick DOUGHERTYAnthony WALL
2613:05Richard STERNEJohn DALY
2713:15Soren HANSENBranden GRACE
2813:25Boo WEEKLEYCamilo VILLEGAS
2913:35Sergio GARCIAJeff OVERTON
3013:45Jim FURYKAngel CABRERA
3114:00Martin KAYMERMathew GOGGIN
3214:10Stewart CINKLee WESTWOOD
3314:20James KINGSTONJB HOLMES
3414:30Vijay SINGHKenichi KUBOYA
3514:40Miguel Angel JIMENEZRetief GOOSEN
3614:50Ross FISHERMark CALCAVECCHIA
3715:00Tom WATSONSteve MARINO
Looking at tee times against the weather those players from pairing 8 onwards up to 26 are going to have the best conditions and I can see some different names being at the top of the leaderboard at the end of round 3. Players as far back as +2 or +3 could get right back in the mix here! The leaders will be playing best part of their 3rd round in some of the worst heavy rain and winds in excess of 20 mph and that will only make it so much harder for them to maintain what they have already, nevermind improve on it! (Info Courtesy of BBC Sportwebsite & Weather & The Met Office) Again Paddypower are offering 1/5 odds 4 places for Leader After Round 3 and after getting a tasty bet in on this market for round 2 today then I feel it is the best market for me to concentrate on in locking in more profit :ok So who can we count on to make a surge towards the top of the leaderboard? I feel based on the weather predictions and taking into account most players were taking 3 1/2 to 4 hours to finish each of the first 2 rounds, round 3 should take less to complete and I'm predicting approx 3 to 3 1/2 hours due to less players on the course after the cut. so players who have at the very latest a tee off time of 1pm to 1.15pm should avoid that heavy rain later in the afternoon - Leader After Round 3 Predictions: All Odds Courtesy of Paddypower 1/5 odds 4 places Zach Johnson @151.00 E-Way Johnson sits on +1 and has a nice tee time of 12:20 and he's in a position that is not that far away considering. Henrik Stenson @101.00 E-Way Stenson sits on +1 and again has a decent tee time of 12:10. He finished 3rd in this Tournament last year and he will feel he is still in with a shout and like Johnson is not that far off the pace. He'll be used to conditions like these too being one of the top European Tour Players. Graeme McDowell @151.00 E-way McDowell sits on +1 and has had a steady if not spectacular season, but always seems to be in the mix for the better European Tour Events. Again a decent tee off time of 11:50 am. I'll look into adding a couple more later at some crazy prices because the weather is going to have a big effect on those leaders out later on in the afternoon. :ok

SportGolf
EventThe Open outright
SelectionSteve Marino E/W (1/4, 1-4) (Each-Way)
Strength3/10
Date19/07/2009
Bookmaker/PriceSkybet @ 19.00 (Back)
ReasoningThis looks like very reasonable price. Marino had never played links golf beofre, but he looks very comfortable and played two excellent round. Plus, he play in some of the worst weather in round 2 and still scored well. He is joint leader with Watson, and Calcavecheia the only guy 1 shot behind. Both of these old guys do excellent job so far, but I cannot see them keeping it going through the weekend. Todd Hamilton and Ben Curtis both American who were almost unknowns winning this tournament, Steve Marino can do the same!

People on betfair sainfisher has withdrawn can nyone comfirm this obviouslyno unexpected bt an'tsee it on any sites yt.
might be the baby arriving then if he has, he made no secret of the fact he would up & leave when he gets the call u had a few tonite jon?

People on betfair sainfisher has withdrawn can nyone comfirm this obviouslyno unexpected bt an'tsee it on any sites yt.
Most likely bullshit mate, as with most things on that forum. Nothing mentioned in his interview after his round, albeit a good few hours ago, but if he did get the call, his price would rise on bf in no time. It Hasn't moved since he finished his round,which probably says it all, and even if something was going on, there's no way he would have withdrawn this early.

Re: Golf: The Open Championship Freedie Anderson-Hed to win outright 300/1 EW B 365, 1234. Top 10 finish 21.00 Betfair. This guy has hit a little bit of form recently and is pretty much the same price as he started the tournment and is still here whilst others are away home. Anderson-Hed is a good wind player. If you look at is outward nine in the second round, played into a strong head wind, he was under par.Not many players did that. I know its a bit of a long shot, but if he has a steady 3rd round then Sunday could be his day as the wind speed is forecast to be the highest of the fourdays.

Re: Golf: The Open Championship Must be a roumer then. Nah no drinking it's this keyboard sorry bloody wireless thing must of had something in the way of the senser lol. Boo Weekley @ 70/1 betfair Lets be honest anyone can win this don't just look at the top 9 players who are -2 or better. We havn't seen much of boo on the bbc coverage yet but I'm liking the way he is sneaking up on the field queitly. He hasn't holed much and yet finds himself -1, he's hit 19 of 28 fairways so far and is hitting the green regurally. Imo value at 70s. Dougherty @ 11/10 in 2ball Another guy going about his business very queitly and we know he's in great form lately on the et, these two have roughly the same power but Wall struggled yesterday shooting a +2 I just feel he could shoot that again today and Nick I hope he can shoot even maybe even climb up the board a bit more with a -1. Boo Weekley @ 8/5 in 2ball Again with boo I fancy him to go up the leaderboard today and be in a great position for tomorrow. Villegas seems to always start well in majors but just starts to fade the majority of times with camilio odds on there's def value in boo in this 2 ball imo. Martin Kaymer @ 4/5 in 2ball This german we all know proberly the best player with current form no doubt, he is such a talent so long great all round player and his putting is great. He hit just 5 fairways yesterday but still somehow managed even par for the day, Googgin had a crazy frst day shooting -4 but got back to reality yesterday with +2 4/5 for Kaymer to me seems like a fair bet.

Re: Golf: The Open Championship Leader After Round 3 Predictions: All Odds Courtesy of Paddypower 1/5 odds 4 places Justin Leonard @101.00 E-Way Leonard tees off at 12:45 which would get him back in the clubhouse before the worst of the weather hits. He is currently on level par after 2 x 70's, again a big price for a guy who if he gets his putter working can easily cut back the 5 shot deficit. Gonzalo Ferandez-Castano @201.00 E-Way This guy had hit some decent form on the European Tour this year and he sits on +1. A tee off time of 11:50 looks decent and at the price is worth an each way. :ok

Re: Golf: The Open Championship Open 3rd Rd 2 balls. T Lehman 6/5(B 365) to beat P Mc Ginley. R S Johnson 11/8 (B 365) to beat F Jacobson Tom Lehman has a wealth of expirience in links golf and is up against a pretty much manufactured golfer in Paul Mc Ginley. Mc Ginley is definetley not the best putter on tour, something of a severe handicap here. Lehman the value. Richard Johnson is managing the course well, took his 3 ball yesterday @ 11/4. the Swede plays well in the wind. If anyone has backed Jacobson before then you will be used to seeing him hitting several birdies along with a few doubles thrown to spoil the round. R S to manage the course better.

Re: Golf: The Open Championship My man Kuboya is getting f*ckall coverage on BBC.. Price falling nicely though... 50's ish I got 17k on him so I will start laying soon as reckon it won't last he is a bit too erratic ATM ;)

Update day 2 Villegas 50/1 T14 1 under Weekley 150/1 T14 1 under Clarke 175/1 T41 2 over Mayfair 1000/1 T41 2 over Donald 80/1 T53 3 over Hansen, Clark, Choi, Echenique, Snedeker, Campbell all missed cut Okish day need a couple of these to shoot 67 tomorrow
Day 3 update Villegas 50/1 T14 2over Weekley 150/1 T10 1over Clarke 175/1 T68 10over Mayfair 1000/1 T43 5over Donald 80/1 T27 3over Still need one of top 2 to shoot 67 for a win

Re: Golf: The Open Championship After todays ups & downs, anyone can win this now from about 20. If someone posts a decent early 66 to go -2 etc, that might be thereabouts, not sure if Watsons game will hold, i mean how many putts can you keep sinking!! Ross Fisher is playing really well & if he keeps it on the fairway, has a chance of posting a score. Should be a great day Still got Rose, Howells, Leonard, Jimenez & Harrington although the last 2 named had a mare today

Re: Golf: The Open Championship Two out of three 2balls for me today with the shortest price loosing doh! My book isn't looking to promising at the moment. Furyk Goggin Weekly Stenson Are my best results then basically break even on the outright market if Fisher or Cink win and am red on the rest. Will be looking to get involved in the 2 balls again tomorrow and maybe a few outrights more.

Re: Golf: The Open Championship Would love to see Fisher win it now, he and Westwood looked the most composed and consistant out there of the chasers to old Tom, yeah it would be a nice story if Watson could hang on but I reckon this Fisher is going places, seems to have a great temperament too! Looks a classic last day whatever happens, good luck with your bets guys!