Golf: The Open Championship

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Golf: The Open Championship

Miguel Angel Jimenez Outright 150/1 Tote 1-2-3-4-5 1/4 odds (0.5pts EW) W/O woods 100/1 Tote 1-2-3-4-5 1/4 odds (0.5pts EW) 1st round leader 100/1 Bet365 1-2-3-4-5 1/4 odds (0.5pts EW) Been looking through his stats & he has hit his lowest stroke average since 2005. His putting is the best since 2003, & Driving accuracy best since 2005 also. H eis ranked 31st this on European tour after 16 events. Last year he finished the year ranked 4th after 2 wins on the tour. He has missed 3 cuts in 16 events this year. Highest position was 4th in the BMW Championships.
Get in there 100/1 1st round leader :nana:nana Only small stake but out of 14pts staked overall, a 63.5pt return :ok Glad i did the research last night as his game has improved in last few years without being noticed too much. Now got 2 bets on him to win the tourney also but thats a tall ask.

Re: Golf: The Open Championship Wow only the first day and a 100/1 winner on the thread already. Very poor from Poulter today thats him out of it so another bet for me i thought Reteif Goosen played pretty well today he could be a big threat to all if he holds it together so i have played at 25 on BF. McILROY a bit lucky to get in at one under but has a chance now.

Re: Golf: The Open Championship Bet365 are doing a market on lowest 2nd round score so effectively another 1 day event Amazingly they now offer M A Jimenez at 28/1 !! Some big prices though around K J Choi 80/1 0.5pt J Leonard 100/1 0.5pt S Hansen 50/1 0.5pt Just for a small play, its an open event will keep the interest for the day. I was unlucky today with Lehman winning his 3 ball at a nice price but McGinley was 2nd +1 behind Daly -2. I am looking at the same 3 ball again but was impressed with Daly today as his score could have been a lot better. Daly 2/1 to bt McGinley/Petterson 2pts win K J Choi always has a few good rounds at the Open & is taken to beat Monty & Zach Johnson at a tasty 5/2 K Choi 5/2 to Monty/Johnson 2pts win 1 pt double

SportGolf
EventThe Open outright
SelectionMike Weir E/W (1/4, 1-5) (Each-Way)
Strength2/10
Date19/07/2009
Bookmaker/Price>William Hill @ 41.00 (Back)
ReasoningMike Weir played very nice golf in the first round. He is -3 and just looked like be would be in contention. He is a major winner and I like a guy with experience, especially if the conditions turn bad. Solid price.
SportGolf
EventThe Open outright
SelectionVijay Singh E/W (1/4, 1-5) (Each-Way)
Strength2/10
Date19/07/2009
Bookmaker/Price>William Hill @ 41.00 (Back)
ReasoningDid everybody forget about Vijay Singh! Very good -3 round and he looks to be playing well. Maybe form but as good as a couple of years ago but he is still a class player. Strange putting grip these days but it looks solid enough and I think he can go close!

Re: Golf: The Open Championship Unfortunate day for me today in the 3 balls. Cabrera left so many shots out there it was untrue. 2.4pt loss on the day but I'm not too despondent as 3 of my outrights are sitting ok on -2. Just the one 3-ball for me tomorrow. 4pts S.Kjeldsen to beat B.Gay & N.Faldo Evs Ladbrokes Match tees off at 07.14 BST. Soren Kjeldsen won this match by 5 shots yesterday and I can see similar happening here in round 2. I said yesterday that I like his game and 5 birdies in any round in the Open is a good round. He had a bit of a wobble on the 15th and 16th but he came back well with a birdie to finish in a decent position on -2. Brian Gay struggled as I thought he might and as I guessed, Nick Faldo is basically playing for leisure. He won't feature in this match from a winning point of view so I make it a match between Kjeldsen and Gay. Gay will have to attack which brings it's own problem. Kjeldsen is hitting the ball beautifully at the minute and with that in mind I'll take him to win this 3-ball again.

Re: Golf: The Open Championship Two more that mabye cause big surprise!

SportGolf
EventThe Open outright
SelectionBranden Grace E/W (1/4, 1-5) (Each-Way)
Strength2/10
Date19/07/2009
Bookmaker/PriceSkybet @ 251.00 (Back)
ReasoningI never heard of this player before the tournament but he was very impressive. His iron play in particular looked very good. He played very mature golf and it would be a massive surprise even if he were to place, but I think it is worth a try!
SportGolf
EventThe Open Top American without Woods
SelectionAnthony Kim E/W (1/4, 1-4) (Each-Way)
Strength2/10
Date19/07/2009
Bookmaker/PriceStan James @ 51.00 (Back)
ReasoningAnthony Kim is +3 but this included a 9 on a par 4! He had problem with bunker and neck problem but he looked OK later in the round. Important thing is he looked like making a lot of birdies and the way he plays he has good chance of making a low round. If he can make the cut tomorrow I think he has good chance in this market!

Re: Golf: The Open Championship Day 2 Weather Forecast Met Office

Forecast for Fri 17 Jul 2009
Weather Again staying mostly dry with sunny spells. There is still a chance of the odd isolated shower through the day but with the increasing winds any showers will pass over quickly and be short lived.
Max temp 17 °C
Min temp 11 °C
Wind Winds will be a northwesterly 10-15mph with occasional gusts to 25mph, mainly during the afternoon period. Gusts will ease into the evening an overnight.
BBC Weather Forecast: Weather for the Next 24 Hours Close the Next 24 Hours box Help for Next 24 Hours Last updated at 20:35 on Thursday 16th July All times are BST (Europe/London, GMT+0100) 04:00 2.gif?v23_2
  • Partly Cloudy
  • Temp: 12°C 54°F
  • Sunrise: 05:00
07:00 3.gif?v23_2
  • Sunny Intervals
  • Temp: 13°C 55°F

10:00 10.gif?v23_2

• Light Rain Shower
  • Temp: 15°C 59°F
13:00 10.gif?v23_2
  • Light Rain Shower
  • Temp: 16°C

Following 12 hours 16:00 14.gif?v23_2

• Heavy Rain Shower
  • Temp: 16°C 61°F
19:00 12.gif?v23_2
  • Light Rain
  • Temp: 15°C 59°F
  • Sunset: 21:48

ROUND 1 Leaderboard Leading Players Thursday, 16 July 2009

COUNTRYROUND 1SCOREAFTER
1JimenezSpa64-618
2CurtisUS65-518
2KuboyaJpn65-518
2WatsonUS65-518
5SendenAus66-418
5VillegasCol66-418
5GogginAus66-418
5StrickerUS66-418
5CinkUS66-418
10KingstonSA67-318
10GoosenSA67-318
10SinghFIJ67-318
10FurykUS67-318
10GraceSA67-318
10O'MearaUS67-318
10WeekleyUS67-318
10CalcavecchiaUS67-318
10MarinoUS67-318
10SterneSA67-318
10WeirCan67-318
Open rounds 1 & 2 tee-off times 1353 & 0842 Ian Poulter, JB Holmes (US), Miguel Angel Jimenez (Spa) 1236 & 0725 Ben Curtis (US), Mike Weir (Can), Ross Fisher 1559 & 1048 Kenichi Kuboya (Jpn), Bruce Vaughan (US), Elliot Saltman 0758 & 1309 Tom Watson (US), Sergio Garcia (Spa), Metteo Manassero 0652 & 1203 Anthony Wall, Rory Sabbatini (SA), John Senden (Aus) 0831 & 1342 Camilo Villegas (Col), Yuta Ikeda (Jpn), Sean O'Hair (US) 0942 & 1453 Raphael Jacquelin (Fra), Ken Duke (US), Mathew Goggin 0747 & 1258 Henrik Stenson , Steve Stricker , Wen-chong Liang (Chn) 0931 & 1442 David Howell, Stewart Cink (US), Thongchai Jaidee (Tha) 0630 & 1141 Michael Campbell , Paul Broadhurst, Mark Calcavecchia 0714 & 1225 Rafael Echenique (Arg), Richard Finch, Mark O'Meara 0820 & 1331 Vijay Singh (Fij), Bubba Watson (USA), Graeme McDowell 1015 & 1526 Chris Wood, Boo Weekley (US), Rodney Pampling (Aus) 1059 & 1610 Branden Grace (SA), Thomas Haylock, Brandt Snedeker 1214 & 0703 Alvaro Quiros (Spa), Sandy Lyle, Steve Marino (US) 1331 & 0820 Rory McIlroy, Anthony Kim (US), Retief Goosen (SA) 1420 & 0909 Padraig Harrington, Jim Furyk (US), Geoff Ogilvy (Aus) 1504 & 0953 James Kingston , Charley Hoffman (US), Fredrik Jacobson 1515 & 1004 Paul Goydos (US), Francesco Molinari (Ita), Richard Sterne All Information Courtesy of BBC Sportwebsite / Weather & The Met Office

Re: Golf: The Open Championship Looking at the weather forecasts it'd be good to be out early or later on after 4 pm as the weather is set to deteriorate from 10 am until about 4 pm with the wind picking up and rain anticipated between these times. However it is the weather forecast here I am talking about and that is not always accurate! :lol However I'm going to take this forecast to be right here and looking at a market for Leader After Round 2 which Paddypower have marked up 1/5 odds 4 places and it is probably the best area that I have picked up to concentrate on to try and lock in a profit for the day! I envisage the scoring to not be as low as yesterday overall due to the weather forecast and this is an area we can look at with regards to the people who are high up the leaderboard as those coming further back may find it difficult to put in such a low round to have a significant effect on the current leaderboard. Ok onto my predictions - Leader After Round 2: All Odds Courtesy of Paddypower 1/5 odds 4 places Steve Marino @51.00 E-Way Currently sits on -3 and has a nice start time at 07:03 Mike Weir @26.00 E-Way Currently sits on -3 and again has an early start time at 07:25 Ben Curtis @8.00 E-Way Currently shares 2nd place on -5 and lines up beside Weir at 07:25 Brandon Grace @81.00 E-Way Currently on -3 and comes out later on when the wind and rain will have died down It's not ideal to believe in the weather forecast however if it is true the above players will have a real edge in gaining the 2nd round lead as they are perfectly placed to put in one of the lower rounds of the day to go alongside yesterdays round. :ok

Re: Golf: The Open Championship 3 more players I have placed bets on for the outright tournament due to Most Bookmakers still offering 1/4 odds 5 places and my theory behind how conditions today could effect scoring and when the players tee off: Predictions: Mike Weir @41.00 E-Way Paddypower Steve Marino @101.00 E-Way Paddypower Ben Curtis @17.00 E-Way Paddypower :ok

Re: Golf: The Open Championship May add one or two more 3-balls later that i'm looking at, but as they don't tee off for at least three hours i'l hold back to see what the weather's doing. 2nd round 3-ball 9.42 tee-time: Lehman to bt Toms & Gross @ 13/8 Ladbrokes The young German really shouldn't be a player in this 3-ball should the two major winners play fairly well, so essentially i'm looking at this as a 2-ball. Lehman obviously has a much better open pedigree than Toms, and with the wind freshening and conditions much tougher than yesterday, this will suit the shorter hitting Lehman, who's game is undoutdably more suited to links golf. I'm also not that sure Toms is that big a fan of links golf and with him under pressure to make the cut in these tougher conditions, i fancy Lehman can beat him again, and take this 3-ball in the process.

Re: Golf: The Open Championship 12.25 tee-time: O'Meara to bt Echenique & Finch @ 2/1 Ladbrokes I'm hoping the experience of O'Meara will be vital here, and that he can plot his way round the course in these tough conditions, better than the other two. This is only finch's second open, and his recent form is very poor, although i rate him as the biggest danger to my pick. Echenique meanwhile has some great recent form, but with this being his open debut and him sitting 195th in driving accuraccy,i think these conditions around this course could really find him out today. O'meara will certainly not be fazed by the weather. With him being such a great iron player and putter, if he can drive well today, i fancy him to take this three ball for the second day running at pretty good odds.

Re: Golf: The Open Championship 12.58 tee-time: Stricker to bt Stenson & Wen chong liang @evs Ladbrokes Liang shot seven over yesterday in perfect conditions, so i'm fairly confident Stricker only has the swede to beat here. Stenson has the game to play well in these tougher conditions the way he strikes his irons, but of the tee can be pretty wild, and only hit 8/14 fairways yesterday, compared to Stricker's 12/14. Stenson's consistency also leaves a lot to be desired, and unless he drives considerably better today, Stricker, who's in red hot form, and can go well in tougher open conditions, should win this 3-ball, as he did so easily yesterday.

Get in there Tom Watson:clap What a comeback after five bogeys in his first seven holes. 50 footer on 16 for a two, to be -3 three for his last nine holes and back to -4 and second place. Proper Legend!
Another 40 odd footer from Watson on the last to tie for the lead:clap:clap

Eh! Who's they' date=' and what do you mean by up them??[/quote'] you never saw Dads army i assume !! quote about the Germans during the war "they dont like it up them" Bookies are absolutely dancing in the aisles tonight if Tiger fails to make the cut.