Best Bet of the Day 07/06/09

A terrible day racing, and in fact this is shown with my selection. 14:20 Worcester Alwaysablue has a small chance of a place in this one. Is a very headstrong horse, and almost uncontrollable at some points. Seems to lead from the front a lot then weaken in the final furlong. This shows that the raw speed is there but the stamina isn't. I'm making a wild guess here, but it's results have been slowly improving and it could be improving further if it can be kept under control. Will be around 30/1 as the field here is of an "ok" standard especially for an opening race. With a couple of fallers this horse might do alright and surprise some. 0.5pt EW

Best Bet Of The Day ~ Sunday 7th 220 Worcester : Santia Looks a match up between Gloucester and Santia and good reasons to side with the King horse here. Won a class 3 race at Ascot in the Heavy and also won easily at Fontwell before taking on a Class 1 handicap at Cheltenham, ran ok there but maybe didnt stay up the hill and was sent to contest the Grade 3 mares race at Punchestown which she finished in the pack. This is much easier and back to two miles which maybe a bit sharp but the rain will have helped her chances no end as her rival Gloucester would prefer better ground. Gloucester won on the flat recently at Windsor on Gd/Fm and previously a hurdle also on Gd/Fm when a 2/5 shot, a very weak race. They both carry double penalties but Santia gets the mares allowance of 7lbs and I have her 11lbs in front on my ratings so is still 4lb well in on form alone.

Re: Best Bet of the Day 07/06/09 .40 Southwell Solo Choice was faced with an impossible task in the Group 3 Chester Vase last time out, infact she may as well gone for a day of sightseeing around the City instead of turning up on the Roodee where she was asked to find three stone to mix it up with the likes of Derby third Masterofthehorse and also Debussy and Golden Sword who also ran in the Epsom showpiece yesterday. Connections have had their day out now though, and pitch her back in at a more realistic level in this class 6, 0-65 handicap. He profile actually had a nice look to it prior to her last race and she showed hints on ability in maiden company, including when second to Open Sesame at Great Leighs. That Peter Chapple-Hyam's rival has won his next two since going handicapping, with the latest coming off 78, hints that Solo Choice is nicely handicapped herself running off a mark of just 64 here - dropped 4 lbs after her Chester expedition - as she was beaten only one and a half lengths that day. She actually made her handicap debut in February off 66 and was only beaten by one and a quarter lengths and that run showed she handles this unique surface. She races over one mile four here and although all aforementioned form has come over shorter she has ran credibly over longer trips, such as when chasing home Dubai Storming in a Kempton maiden. That rival was only two and a half lengths infront of her as she finished second, and won on his handicap debut off 72 next time out which offers another thumbs up for Solo Choice's 64-rating here. A below par run at Lingfield was put behind her with a decent fourth at Windsor in April and that came off 4 lb higher as she stayed on and almost landed a place, for which she appeared to have been backed by connections with £400 EW down on her that night. Then we had the Chester run, but like I say, I think we can pass over that run and give her another chance. She seems very well treated if able to run to her best here, and the fact Jamie Kyne takes off another 7 lbs is an added bonus. 1 pt win

Re: Best Bet of the Day 07/06/09 Chantilly 4.35 Feels All Right 1pt win The French derby here and I’m going for Feels All Right for the same connections that won this race last year. I would be more confident if drawn lower but Famous Name showed in this race last year that horses with high draws can still go close and I belive this one has a stand out chance. Whereas some of the market principals are unproven at this trip, this one has form over course and distance and also some good form at times. Was fav for a group 1 last winter and ran a top race just to be denied by fame and glory amongst others in a race where he was a close third. After that has returned in good form this season over an extended trip which he has relished. He has won both his starts included a listed win in a prep for this over topclas who re opposes and actually wouldn’t be the worse place shot. However Feels All Right looks to have been targeted for this and also has some decent form and should go ok although a lower draw I would have preferred.

Re: Best Bet of the Day 07/06/09 405 Wexford Coffee Tea Or Me 1PT WIN Hasn't really appreciated the soft ground over the winter and whilst has won and placed on Good Ground, this is the ground that he is expected to be at his best on gd/fm perhaps even looking for firmer still. Shortening all the time with some Irish money on it today, I tok 9/4 earlier with Bet365 BOG (has been as big as 11/4) and is now 13/8 with the same company. WP Mullins does expect this one to be a smart chaser one day but is seen as one who will flourish better during the summer months, than the winter when ground is bottomless more often than not.

Re: Best Bet of the Day 07/06/09 My first selection is a non-runner so. 14:20 Worcester. Jeanry is a interesting choice. Trainer has a very impressive win or place ratio. From around 9 starts his horses have placed in the majority of them, and got some good results at some very decent odds. This horse may not be of the same quality as his other placed horses. Looked keen but pulled up a couple before the finish. Might be worth a small bet, especially as his previous race winners have started off their careers poorly, and then improved dramatically after a run or two. This is more wishful thinking than anything else but it's worth a shot. And besides, this trainer is on my alerts so if he does do anything good, then I daren't miss it. Pretty poor day also so there is not much to shout about. 0.5pt EW.

Re: Best Bet of the Day 07/06/09 4:00 Brighton Entreat Should be an easy enough test for the Stout trained horse. Was a well beaten 3rd 2 months ago but since then the first two horses have gone on to do well. Similar story in it's last race but a better ride and should like the extra furlong at Brighton today. A step down in class for Sixties Swinger but the horse hasn't shown any real promise since it's return this year. Should start odds on but still worth backing.

Re: Best Bet of the Day 07/06/09 4.35 Chantilly - Silver frost Group 1 race, O'brien saddles 4 of which the best is Westphalia on what it has achieved to date. However, Silver Frost has beaten it twice this season & looks a worthy bet at odds of around 7/2 with Peslier riding. Previous jock Soumillion is claimed to ride the Agan Khan horse Beheshtam in what looks a cracking race. The latest win for Silver frost was in the French 2000 Guineas & 2nd & 3rd placed horses reoppose again today.

Re: Best Bet of the Day 07/06/09 Wex.4.05.the Sel.Coffee Tea or Me.unsuited by the soft going last time.. Casey takes over from Ruby Walsh. End of The Affair won a Flat handicap at this venue on her penultimate start, has won over hudles, so will be a danger. Gerbera has more on to do when winning a Tramore maiden.

Re: Best Bet of the Day 07/06/09 Southwell 3.10pm 1pt lay Aureate A few nice write ups for this horse based on the fact that Southwell is its fav track due to form and most going for the win on this horse today,form is good at Southwell this is true but horses run in the real world and what has went in the past does not mean it will happen in the future if this was to be bookies would be potless. The market is heavyly staked to this horse, nearest horse at 8.80 on Betfair which i view as a joke as this horse imv is underpriced today and connections/trainer seem to think they will win as C&D is in their favour,does this happen we wait and see,laying. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best Bet of the Day 07/06/09 2.40 Southwell Milemilia 1pt E/W BANKER An open race with a number of horses that could go well. Was torn between this horse and Amazing Blue Sky who does boast good form at Southwell. However, this horse hasnt had many runs but has shown very good progression on the A.W. Each of its 3 starts on the a.w has resulted in it going up in trip each time which has caused significant improvement in the result. Came a very impressive 3rd at Linfield at this trip in a grade 5 at 66/1. This suggests that this distance is preferred and is now at a lower grade. With prices currently at 10/1 i like this horses chances, however there are a number of others today that could run well.

Re: Best Bet of the Day 07/06/09

Poor racing today, however for the value hunters there are a couple worth a look.... Wind Flow 3.10 Southwell @ 11/2 carries by far the best form in what is technically a very moderate race. Ermine Grey 4.40 Southwell @ 6/1 Been prolific and consistant throughout the season only 1lb higher than its last win and Chris Caitlin booked to ride should go well.
only one selection in one race per day mate

Re: Best Bet of the Day 07/06/09 SPOOF MASTER 4.10 Southwell. 0.5 points each way. Not firing on all cylinders in recent runs, but goes off a weight today that can see him go close if finding his form again, and I think he will with now having the cheek-pieces applied again. Has proved he can win in them and so with no trip and surface concerns, he can go close.

Re: Best Bet of the Day 07/06/09 ten pole tudor 440 south. 0.5 pts ew. drops to a mark of 56 and has proven form on this surface. hasnt been running here and so a return today could do him good. the trip isnt a concern and so if running to ability he should be in the mix up late on.

Re: Best Bet of the Day 07/06/09 4.00 Brighton Best Tune 1pt win Taking on Sir M Stoute ( 6 wins/8 placed from last 20 runs) and M Jarvis ( 8 wins/1 placed from last 20 runs) in this race with Best Tune, she has only had one race to date and that was in a better class race than today, she should improve for that run. J Noseda has an exceptional strike rate in these types of races at Brighton with 11 wins/3 placed from his last 21 runners here.

Re: Best Bet of the Day 07/06/09 15.40 Southwell - Fol Liam (LAY) Patchy form, had a blinder of a run on debut but progressively worse each time since then. AW debut does not inspire confidence. Swiss Art is probably the best of the rest. LAY Fol Liam (6.4 @ Betfair)

Re: Best Bet of the Day 07/06/09

15.40 Southwell - Fol Liam (LAY) Patchy form, had a blinder of a run on debut but progressively worse each time since then. AW debut does not inspire confidence. Swiss Art is probably the best of the rest. LAY Fol Liam (6.4 @ Betfair)
Swiss Art did the trick @ 2.94, Fol Liam drifted out to 9's before the off and was 3rd.

Re: Best Bet of the Day 07/06/09 4.30 Brighton - Goose Green Secured a very convincing win last time out and can get another win here at Brighton. The ground is ideal and is still on an appealing mark. 1pt win

Re: Best Bet of the Day 07/06/09 5.20 Worcester - VALBUENA (win) Nicholls boasts a 25% strike rate in Bumpers at Worcester in recent seasons and this £50,000 Imperial Dream half-sister can make a winning introduction en route to bigger and better things over obstacles