Best Bet Of The Day 'monday' 11*05*09

Wolverhampton 14-40 0.5pt e/w bet Stay At The Wolverhampton Holiday Inn Claiming Stakes Am going to take a chance on BOND TOGETHER with R.Evans in the saddle, out of Monsieur Bond he was 2nd last time out over the same trip and wears a visor for the first time today, is down as not a bad price and its only his 3rd run to date he should be fit enough for this race at Wolverhampton and am going a 0.5pt e/w bet. Lets have some gravy. yaaaaaaaaaaaaa

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'monday' 11*05*09 6.50 Windsor ABBONDANZA (1m, Class1, G/Firm) Super Nap The style of running will suit Windsor as this one will be handy throughout & can dictate how the race will be run. Stepped up in class after a 14lb rise on the AW after a hat trick of wins. In the form of its life at present & has Ordnance row to beat. Ordnance row seems to like it here & won this race last year. Will be looking at the price for my selection & then decide how to play.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'monday' 11*05*09 3.10 Wolverhampton I'm going with Harry Up. Been a choice of mine before when racing Desperate Dan and won then, the gap in weights between them has widened by 2lbs but the better draw for Harry Up cancels that out. Callan on top so should show a good run. If I would risk it I'd go with a forecast but I'm content with using my Super NAP and putting on a 2pt win.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'monday' 11*05*09 Going to make my first ever prediction on here; 4.10 Wolverhampton - Burza Previously won on this course at this distance as a 33-1 shot. Was a few months back but i'm hoping it carries the winning start on to strike again. Not a particularly strong field so is around joint second favourite and will hopefully run well.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'monday' 11*05*09

Going to make my first ever prediction on here; 4.10 Wolverhampton - Burza Previously won on this course at this distance as a 33-1 shot. Was a few months back but i'm hoping it carries the winning start on to strike again. Not a particularly strong field so is around joint second favourite and will hopefully run well.
welcome fella. :dude

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'monday' 11*05*09 Welcome aboard South_Eastern_Ram Towcester - 20:00 I'm going for Fourpointone in this 3m110y hurdle. Has been very consistent, in it's last 5 races has placed 3 times and won LTO. That was over 3f further at a grade 5 standard but it has raced at this standard (Grade 4) before and done well at this distance. With T.Scudamore aboard, and only gaining a couple of lbs on it's last run, I feel it's got a great chance. 1pt win

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'monday' 11*05*09 Yarmouth 5.30pm 1pt lay Directors Chair Horse has good write ups for this race and many will be backing today for the win but i view at least 3 in the field that will and can win this race,a 3lb rise for today is not a major minus but its still a rise and will count,laying. Goodluck Whatever You Bet Today

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'monday' 11*05*09 Laa Rayb 6.50 Windsor Had a look at this race and picked this one out on form and due to it being a Johnstone horse having its 2nd run this season. When i was at Doncaster he had 2 winners, both were on their 2nd runs of the season if I remember rightly. He is normally good first time out but this season they seem to be really coming on for a run and he has not gone over the top with them for their seasonal debuts. It would be interesting to find trainer stats to see if this is correct. Laa Rayb seems to tick all the right boxes, it has won over this trip and has 2 wins on good to firm, one of them in a 7f handicap when beating the part PL owned Dhaular Dhar. Jockey has a decent record on the horse, 5 races, 1 win-1 second-2 thirds. Trainer has had 12 winners in the last 14 days (from 53 horses) and has a 23% strike rate. Although the horse has not won at class 1 level it has some good Group placed form. Also interesting that it meets the trends in JTW1's thread. Trainer is hard to ignore when in form and I can see this beating Ordnance Row, the obvious danger.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'monday' 11*05*09 4:30 Yarmouth - Street Power - Back Ryan Moore is the perfect jockey booking. I followed Street Power religiously throughout the all weather season. He clearly has his quirks, but he also has a bucket load of ability. He needs to be held up, preferably off a strong pace, and then come sweeping down the outside to pick them all off. Ryan Moore will be perfect for him. 5/2 a tremendous price, I expect him to go off shorter than 2s

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'monday' 11*05*09 Had some trouble deciding between a few I've laid today, and no doubt I've again chosen the wrong one as "Best Bet" (as I did yesterday!) Nonetheless, let's go with.... 5:20 Redcar: Dante Deo. 1 point LAY This one is currently favourite, based on a much improved performance last Monday. However, the quality was pretty poor, and I'm not sure how much the handicapper would put him up in the weights for that - I doubt it would be as much as the 6lb penalty the horse has attracted for the win. There is a further reason I feel he is worth laying at the current odds. Races on the straight mile at Redcar have traditionally favoured horses with a middle to high draw, as all the horses tend to come over to one side of the track. A low draw might not be quite such a disadvantage with the going so firm (early races will provide an indication) but it's still likely to be some disadvantage in a closely fought encounter in a big field. Dante Deo is drawn 2 in an 18 runner race.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'monday' 11*05*09 LAKE KALAMALKA (7.20 Windsor) - 1pt Win John Dunlop has his string in great form at the moment and this horse represents value to repeat her success at Bath last time out. She stayed on well that day to get on top close home and the further step up in trip is sure to play to her strengths. Just 5lb higher for that victory she ought to be there abouts with Eeddie Ahern taking the ride yet again.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'monday' 11*05*09 4-10 wolverhampton-burza-e/way the race this horse won over c/d was not the best race and he took his time to get going but considering it was his first ever race he did ok,so there is chances he will improve to take an hand in the finish therefore im going to give this horse a e/way chance at a decent price

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'monday' 11*05*09 Redcar 2.50 Dream Theme Win On official ratings, this race should only really concern 3 runners: Swinbrook, Northern Empire and Dream Theme. There are reasons to take on Swinbrook (trip) and Northern Empire (surface) and with Dream Theme being the pick of the weights anyway and with application of first time visor sure to help - has to be my idea of the winner.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'monday' 11*05*09 Wolv 4.10 Punch Drunk 0.5 pts e.w Looks a tricky race this but going this way round I feel Punch Drunk could return to better form. She has shown a few times now she regularly hangs left handed so having the rail here could well help and there is every reason to think she could get a really good early position, possibly leading from a nice draw in 2. As for her form, she won on her second start at big odds but did it quite well before finding handicaps a bit too tough but some of her runs were fair. Notably her third at yarm that has received boosts from 4/5 horses from that race who have won/run well since and proven they were better than their marks that day. She was very poor on her first start this year due to the hanging and also her trainers poor form, he is getting back in better form now so could be ready to strike again. Also is entered at hq later in the week which sometimes is noteworthy.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'monday' 11*05*09 Towcester 7.30 Cove Mountain 0.5 Point E/W Has a 50% Strike rate at this track and could come back to form over these conditions, Has on gone over this Trip and ground once and that was in a Class 5 race back in May last year and won well carrying a hefty 11-9 to victory and these conditions could spark a revival in form.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'monday' 11*05*09 DESPERATE DAN 3.10 Wolverhampton. 1 point win. Although the favourite, Harry Up, has the form to win this, I just feel he'll set the race up for DD who can race several ways and can stay on strongly off the guarateed decent pace set by Harry. DD can be a bit quirky, but to his credit he's being consistent of late and so I expect a close run thing here, but with us at much higher odds, we're the bet.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'monday' 11*05*09 SIXTH ZAK 4.40 Wolverhampton. 0.5 points each way. Hasn't shown much, but I think the blinkers can improve him this afternoon, and with getting in off a mark of 52 (2lb lower than last time), I think we can see him go close. The drop back down in trip would look more suitable, so although has to prove he can improve, I think he will and therefore go close.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'monday' 11*05*09 justonefortheroad 450 red. 1 pt win. needs to find a little on all known form, but open to improve and wouldnt have to deal with penalties like his main rivals. the trip and ground should be ok and i take him to improve enough to win this race.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'monday' 11*05*09 8.00 Towcester; Lucky Luk EW Kim Bailey does ok when coming back to his old hunting ground and know what sort of horse he needs to suit this track. Lucky Luk has had a break from the bad ground and comes here fresher than most. Has been raised after his fine win at Exeter a couple of runs ago but showed signs he could be good enough to win off this mark last time out. Will love the ground and the opposition are mainly exposed sorts so at 12/1 looks a sporting EW bet.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'monday' 11*05*09 6.50 Win. The sel is the Johnson horse, Laa Rayb, a long way to travel and lose, which I dont'd think will happen. Abbondanza has won it;s last three races, the other main danger will be Ordanance Row.trying to repeat last year's success in this race.]

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'monday' 11*05*09 5.50 Windsor Red Avalanche 1pt win Showed signs of improvement when 2nd to Star Rover in a Nottingham 5F Novice Stakes race there, then went on to win his next race quite impressively by making virtually all. He seems to be very progressive and could be able to win again today. Also, E Ahern on board today who has 13 wins from 46 rides last 14 days - taken from RP site -. The danger is probably Crown who has a course/distance win to his name.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'monday' 11*05*09 6.20 Windsor Carbon Hoofprint - the gelding has been running credibly in maidens this season and wasn't far behind Badge of Honour in a Lingfield maiden on his debut. That rival has made his mark in handicaps off 73, and similarly P J Makin's horse is rated 73 for his handicap debut here. On his second start he was second to John Gosden's Muraweg (rated 83 for last run) and then ran another respectable race at Brighton last time out when outpaced over a mile. The second (Brunston) has won since going handicapping (off 74) and those pieces of form hint to me he is well handicapped. This step up in trip is warranted judging by both his last effort and his breeding, and I think he looks a cracking bet at the price. Super nap - 2 pts win.

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'monday' 11*05*09 6.50 Windsor - Ordnance Row - win Hannon's horse ran a cracker on Saturday........ well, ran pretty well........ He won this race last year looks to be in tiptop shape for a defence of his title. Not sure about this business of running after 2 days - his record is unclear as to wether he will handle that, thrive on it, or run a stinker. He beat Laa Rayb into second in a similar race at Salisbury last year and that one, Laa Rayb was only just in front of Ordnance Row on their seasonal debuts at Ascot a few weeks ago. Hannon's horse has the reputation of needing a run, so he might now reverse places with Laa rayb. I don't think there's much between them to be honest I was tempted by Abbondanza having followed him on the AW this winter where he's put in some fantastic performances. He's a gutsy, never say die front runner. His record on turf isn't bad, 3 wins from 13 runs, but that was in lower grade handicaps. His last 3 wins on the AW have been in class 2 handicaps, so he's improved a lot over the last 6 months. The main thing that puts me off him is the presence of another front runner in Dijeerr............for the sake of my selection, I hope they take each other on

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'monday' 11*05*09 7.50 - TIMES UP John Dunlop identifies this gelding as a horse to follow this season. Only seen once last season, he ran well in a maiden towards the back end of last season when the yard was in a terrible run of form. This run was encouraging, and connections expect him to have come on after the run. Today, he faces an ordinary looking field at Windsor, and should not have too much competition. A big run is forthcoming.... WIN @ 7/4 Paddy Power

Re: Best Bet Of The Day 'monday' 11*05*09 8.00 Towcester Arceye 1 pt w The horse has CD and likes to win with big odds. Derek Laverty will be on him for the third time in a row and knows very well the horse (one of his wins are with him. Arceye is a fighter and with this weight is a real danger for a lot more heavy guys, gl