NH Novice Hurdlers

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up The first at Haydock was won by debutant Kudu Country, always in command and looks one to follow at this sort of level, Riptide could never quite get to him but ran pretty well on ground maybe too soft. Tillietudlem just never went on the ground and will be better suited when its firmer. At Towcester the McCain newcomer looked impressive, the hint should have been taken when stable jock went to Towcester instead of the more local Haydock. Alegralil looks a good mare and the type to be aimed at the big race at Newbury. The King horse got second on the line and just looks a galloper and wants further already. Would you believe the top rated one in the 340 at haydock won at 16/1 but didnt bother with them as only two were rated and both below 70 which is the mark I would want to see for any hint of ability, anyhow thats life and the newcomers were very disappointing, another lesson learnt. Bets; 120 Hay: Riptide 2pts (13/8 PP Bog) 2nd Stakes: 841.00pts Returns: 824.04pts Profit : -16.96 pts R.O.I. : -2.01% Top Rated Stakes : 265 pts Returns: 280.13 pts Profit: 15.13pts R.O.I : 5.7%

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 110 Fontwell 93 Forget It, 93 Dots Delight, 90 Pliny All but four of the runners have a rating here which is tremendous yet I still havnt got the fav covered as its a newcomer from the Nicholls yard. To be honest he doesnt look obe of the stables stars so will ignore it, at my peril I know. Of those with experience Dots Delight has ran some good races but let me down more than once and just not sure she stays well. Forget It finished third at Newbury and Sandown last season and this is a step down in class for sure. Pliny won a bumper and then was 5th on his debut at Chepstow which wasnt bad, not sure Venetias horses are all firing though. A couple at bigger prices I like are Beyond Moonbeams and Princely Hero, definitely dont think we have seen the best of those two. 250 Hexham 71 Soft Spoken Guy, 69 Fettler, 66 Potemkin This is one of those races where those with experience just dont look up to winning a race like this unless dramatic improvement is found, Soft Spoken Guy is the best of those, ignore the last run as his saddle slipped but ran ok behind Carsonstown Boy at Perth. No doubt the horse here is Sitting Tennant, won the big Grade 1 bumper race at Aintree and now takes his bow in the hurdle arena, simply should be too good for these. 320 Hexham 98 King Fontaine, 84 Qbuster, 56 Gagarin River Music and Ceasars Return are newcomers worth looking at but the solid form of Kings Fontaine cant be ignored here, he ran three times for the Nicholls yard, all at Chepstow and put up some fair efforts, the best when third over 3 miles to Sergeant Harper, switched stables and as long as the shorter trip doesnt inconvenience he should be up to winning a race like this. Qbuster's third at Perth was a good effort and could run well after a break. Bets; 110 Fon: Forget It 1pt (9/2 Bet365 Bog) 320 Hex: King Fontaine 2pts (6/4 Bet 365 Bog)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up Well what a day for the top rated horses, Dots Delight (jnt top) wins at 16/1, Soft Spoken Guy won at 20/1 and Kings Fontaine at 7/4, well i'm impressed anyway:\ Dots Delight had promised much without finishing her races off, the strong pace definitely helped here and maybe thats the key. Princely Hero was one to take out of the race for me, travelled well and may have just needed this. At Hexham the long awaited debut of Sitting Tennant was a let down, he travelled ok but AP was at work on the home turn and couldnt get past the game Soft Spoken Guy, they pulled clear so dont entirely give up just yet. King Fontaine won nicely although just before the last I thought Qbuster was travelling better, the fav pulled away in the closing stages and finally fulfilled the promise he had shown from day one. The front two are worth keeping on the right side of in the next couple of weeks. Bets; 110 Fon: Forget It 1pt (9/2 Bet365 Bog) 3rd 320 Hex: King Fontaine 2pts (6/4 Bet 365 Bog) WON 7/4 Stakes: 844.00pts Returns: 829.54pts Profit : -14.46 pts R.O.I. : -1.7% Top Rated Stakes : 268 pts Returns: 311.88 pts Profit: 43.88pts R.O.I : 16.3%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Wincanton 1240 95 Diamond Brook, 89 Pepe Simo, 88 Wade Farm Billy Nice race with a couple of winners carrying their penalties and a promising novice from last season in Diamond Brook, the latter was very disappointing on his seasonal debut behind Kingsben at Ludlow, the stable are firing now so must have a chance recieving the weight. Wade Farm Billy was frustrating but finally got his act together last time out and has had a break since. Pepe Simo won on his debut here and the race was quite a decent one, must improve for the run but wouldnt take odds on in this race. 1215 Kelso 94 Sirkeel, 91 McMurrough, 91 Doc Wells 13 runners and 11 of them have had experience, no excuses here for getting it wrong. Sirkeel comes out best on the ratings but has since ran below that form when beaten fav at Hexham, if he can come back he's a big price at 14/1. McMurrough is the interesting one, been hot fav twice this season and failed to deliver and yet this is probably the toughest race and he's still at the head of the market, steps up in trip which was always going to help and Skylancer who beat him has gone on to show he his above average so may be worth another try. Doc Wells ran as though something was wrong last time so is best watched and Oscar Honey has a couple of poor runs to get over but before that was promising. Heez A Steel has been handicapping and won two, comes back to novice company and could be a threat to all in this mood. Canadian Blaze won last time but this is tougher and Arran Law ran ok on his debut and is worth watching. 1250 Kelso 98 Josephine Malines, 94 Be Smart, 90 Grand Diamond Only a seller but not a bad one with one or two running well in a higher grade before today. Josephine Malines ran up against Quivvy Bridge last time and put in a very good effort, anything like that will be good enough here. Grand Diamond will have support but not sure he looks a natural jumper. Treeko, Be Smart and Shaylee have all shown something and could run well at bigger odds. 140 Sandown : No ratings Bets; 1240 Win: Diamond Brook 1pt EW (9/2 PP Bog) 1215 Kel: McMurrough 2pts (2/1 PP Bog) 1250 Kel: Josephine Malines 3pts (11/4 VCBet Bog)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Thanks Stu, nothing much, just a dabble EW but they have come in handy for the DHRC lately, dont count them in here though as they dont stand out as good bets. Gives you confidence that the ratings are on the right track, which is all important to me:ok Not so good today; Round Up; Pepe Simo showed he was a good horse today and has come on for the first run, wouldnt be surprised to see Nicholls horses step up a gear now. Daimond Brook ran well and should collect soon. McMurrough finally won but it was hard work, this was a decent race for the north and a few may come out of this, Canadian Blaze ran a cracker under a penalty and the Howard Johnson horse is one for the future. The seller was won by a debutant and the fav Josephine Malines ran very flat, needs things her own way I reckon. The Sandown hurdle was won by one of the only ones to have ran at 16/1 showing experience counts for a lot not sure if he beat a lot and a poor race for the track. Bets; 1240 Win: Diamond Brook 1pt EW (9/2 PP Bog) 1215 Kel: McMurrough 2pts (2/1 PP Bog) 1250 Kel: Josephine Malines 3pts (11/4 VCBet Bog) Stakes: 851.00pts Returns: 837.44pts Profit : -13.56 pts R.O.I. : -1.59% Top Rated Stakes : 271 pts Returns: 311.88 pts Profit: 40.88pts R.O.I : 15.08%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Busy day today, 120 Market Rasen 89 Bocamix, 88 Dark Oasis, 84 Richo The King horse Mille Chief is odds on here, won twice in France is well regarded. Those that have ran are fairly moderate with Dark Oasis a previous winner and will be trying his heart out from the front for local trainer Chapman. Bocamix ran a nice debut at Newcastle and wont be far away. 150 Market Rasen 92 Night Orbit, 71 Wednesdays Boy, 70 Switched Off With yesterdays winner McMurrough pulling out it leaves little to go on but Night Orbit is clear on ability of those that have jumped hurdles. beat Dinarius easily here and will be hard to beat. King Of The Gypsies and Radius Bleu are dangerous newcomers. 110 Ffos Las 90 Alesandro Montegna, 89 Get Me Out Of Here, 89 Pure Faith, 89 Wilamao Tricky race with a few in with a chance on their best form but Get Me Out Of Here was not extended when he beat Pure Faith and is worth a few pounds extra. Alesandro Montegna and Wilamo have had plenty of chances and easier ones. 140 Ffos Las 97 Punjabi Army, 94 Comehomequietly, 93 House Of Bourbon Pretty open affair here with a couple of Irish runners adding to the mix, personally prefer Comehomequietly of the two but Nexty Week has AP on board so will have his supporters. Punjabi Army is interesting, the debut run at Newbury was a good one. House Of Bourbon comes back to hurdling after a poor start over fences. 305 Hereford: No Ratings 335 Hereford 93 The Jigsaw Man, 79 Peppertree Lane, 77 Zaif The hot fav here is The Jigsaw Man and it looks an ideal opportunity to defy the penalty and go on to much better things. Alan King has a pointer running but will have to be useful to win this first time out. Bets; 335 Her: The Jigsaw Man 7pts (8/13 Bet365 Bog) 110 FL: Get Me Out Of Here 5pts (1/2 Bet365 Bog) 140 FL: Punjabi Army 1pt (11/4 PP Bog) 120 MR: Dark Oasis 1pt EW (8/1 WH Bog) 150 MR: Night Orbit 1pt (3/1 Bet365 Bog)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up Mixed day but the two main bets won and good prices too. The Jigsaw Man struggled to win and disappointed me a bit, looks like a longer trip is needed and a more galloping track, he just stays all day. Peppertree Lane ran well and should find a weak race. Get Me Out Of Here outclassed his opponents, it was a solid effort by most of the runners and a true run race. At MRasen Night Orbit was a touch unlucky he set the pace and beat off his two main market rivals by the last only to get picked up on the run in by a debutant, he should win again. The winner did it nicely in the end though. Dark Oasis was disappointing and the ground was the issue here, never travelling and will be better back on good/fm ground. Bocamix was running a nice race when falling at the last bringing down the fav who i'm not sure would have won although going ok. Sergeant Pink won it in the end and loved the conditions. The other race of the day was won by House Of Bourbon, he stretched them all from the front and just stayed on enough, Punjabi Army ran as though something was amiss and is best watched for now. Bets; 335 Her: The Jigsaw Man 7pts (8/13 Bet365 Bog) WON 5/6 110 FL: Get Me Out Of Here 5pts (1/2 Bet365 Bog) WON 4/6 140 FL: Punjabi Army 1pt (11/4 PP Bog) lost 120 MR: Dark Oasis 1pt EW (8/1 WH Bog) 4th 150 MR: Night Orbit 1pt (3/1 Bet365 Bog) 2nd Stakes: 867.00pts Returns: 858.60pts Profit : -8.40 pts R.O.I. : -0.96% Top Rated Stakes : 276 pts Returns: 313.71 pts Profit: 37.71pts R.O.I : 13.66%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 1250 Carlisle 87 Alora Money, 86 Dunaskin, 72 Easter Vic Very average stuff all round today and Carlisle has the one novice race which only a few have ran over hurdles. Dunaskin sets the standard having won two races, the last one by a wide margin, he carries a double penalty and is a course winner. Alora Money also won here staying on well after the last to beat a moderate field. Also ran well on soft ground in her bumper days so should go well. Quite a few debutants in the race and they wouldnt have to be anything special to get involved. 245 Southwell 86 Hi Tide, 82 Mistic Academy, 68 Vogarth Desperate stuff here with the first 4 in the betting all having their first run so the market closer to off time may be way forward. High Tide has the best form of those with experience, a very moderate run in a novice chase was his last effort and needs to bounce back. Mistic Academy is a big price and could improve. 320 Southwell 90 See Me Soon, 67 Persian Gates, 61 Wannerock Once again the market have newcomers at the head of things, Promising Anshan and Quintero are both well regarded and could be the ones to concentrate on. The one with form in the book is See Me Soon, 5th behind Covert Mission at Hereford then slipped up when in contention next time and been off since, its not bad form and if the front two dont perform then he could take advantage. Bets: 1250 Car: Alora Money 1pt EW (5/1 PP Bog)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up The chaser Royal Mackintosh won the opener, staying on in gritty style, Alora Money was there with every chance but never really looked liked winning, anyway it was a bet to nothing so no damage done. At Southwell the two fancied debuatants fought out the finish with Tim Vaughan's showing a nice turn of foot over the last and on the run in, he could win again if turned out soon. See Me Soon was well backed for his comeback but ran poorly, maybe something more than fitness was wrong here, Persian Gates woin nicely and this was a step up on previous form although I dont think he beat much. Bets: 1250 Car: Alora Money 1pt EW (5/1 PP Bog) 3rd Stakes: 869.00pts Returns: 860.60pts Profit : -8.40 pts R.O.I. : -0.96% Top Rated Stakes : 279 pts Returns: 313.71 pts Profit: 34.71pts R.O.I : 12.44%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 140 Exeter 106 Khasabelle, 90 A Hoan A Do, 88 Gilwen Glory Khasabelle is the interesting one here, on form he has a very good chance of finally delivering the promise shown but failing to complete the last twice is worrying. Ex Irish A Hoan A Do was second last time and this looks a similar race while Gilwen Glory ran well behind Fred Kennett and is going the right way. 410 Exeter 90 Best Oscar, 71 Swincombe Rock Only two with form but only 6 runners in total, Best Oscar was well fancied on his debut at Stratford but could never get to grips with the winner that day and should improve a lot, he has the Nicholls newcomer to beat, The Minack won a point and is well thought if but will be odds on and poor value. 1250 Sedgefield 90 Cocoa Key, 87 Stopped Out, 83 Patriot Three with decent form and cant see anything else that will trouble them here, winner Stopped Out beat Penyfan Dawn which is only average form and carries the penalty. Cocoa Key was third at Carlisle just behind McMurrough who has won since, it was a good performance and was prominent throughout. Patriot was out the back in good race at Wetherby but this is more his grade and wont be too far away. 100 Lingfield 90 Theft, 62 Etain, 60 Oh No Rosa Only Theft has the form to win this, her runs behind Santia and Indian Blood are fair but does have a poor performance last time to put behind her. The market is headed by Megasue and Queen Poline, newcomers with plenty of promise and maybe a race to watch. 200 Lingfield 91 Sonowyouno, 90 Emperor Concerto, 66 Uffa Fox Nice race with two experienced novices with good form taking on a well regarded newcomer in Divy from the Baker yard. Alan King also has a debutant just to make things tricky. Of those that have ran Sonowyouno was beaten at one stage but AP gpt him home at Aintree, sure to improve for that. Emperor Concerto's win was more straight forward, pulling clear from a fair field and should be the one to beat. Bets; 140 Ex: Khasabelle 1pt (11/4 Sporting Bet) 410 Ex: Best Oscar 1pt (2/1 Sporting Bet) 1250 S: Cocoa Key 2pts (9/4 VCBet Bog) 200 Lin: Emperor Concerto 1pt EW (9/2 WH Bog)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up In the first at Exeter Gilwen Glory battled well to get the better of Bathwick Quest, the soft ground sorted out the fitness issues which Khasabelle certainly had, he will be much better next time. The Minak was backed heavily for the Nicholls camp and duly won looking a fair prospect, Best Oscar looks a disappointing sort to me after travelling well. At Sedgefield we were denied a true race when Cocoa Key fell when going really well out in front, the fact that the fav Stepped Out was beaten makes me think he would have gone close, in the end the race looked fairly moderate, typical of Sedgefield. Over at Lingfield Saynowyouno got the better of Emperor Concerto over the last after looking in trouble, both are useful and a good run from the third Ashleys Lad who should pick up a race soon. Bets; 140 Ex: Khasabelle 1pt (11/4 Sporting Bet) lost 410 Ex: Best Oscar 1pt (2/1 Sporting Bet) lost 1250 S: Cocoa Key 2pts (9/4 VCBet Bog) fell 200 Lin: Emperor Concerto 1pt EW (9/2 WH Bog) 2nd Stakes: 875.00pts Returns: 862.50pts Profit : -12.50 pts R.O.I. : -1.4% Top Rated Stakes : 284 pts Returns: 316.09 pts Profit: 32.09pts R.O.I : 11.3%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 240 Bangor 90 Googoobarabajagal, 64 George Nympton, 62 Weet In Nerja Little to go on here, top two in the betting are from the King and Henderson yards and will be tough to beat, the only horse with any decent form is Googoobarabajagal, 4th at Chepstow was a fair run. 310 Bangor 87 Thumbs Up, 69 Semi Detatched, 64 Kilshannig This looks a straight choice between Thumbs Up who has loads of experience and Art Deco a newcomer from Charlie Egerton. Thumbs Up has some useful form and although was disappointing at Aintree last time there were excuses and this is much easier. Art Deco is rated over 100 on the flat and cant be ignored. 1250 Warwick 88 Departed, 84 Pistolet Dove, 76 Maurisca Only moderate form on offer here and again we have two leading stables with newcomers that dominate the market, an unbeaten french import from the Henderson stable and Philip Hobbs runs a bumper winner. Maurisca could improve and may run well at big odds. 150 Warwick 98 A French Horse, 91 The Boffinator, 60 Kings Of Leon A French Horse stands out on form from last season, was slightly disappointing in the fact that he couldnt win but good seconds gives his overall form a solid look and if fit should take all the beating. A couple of newcomers are interesting but will have to sharp fisrt time out to win this. Bets; 310 Ban: Thumbs Up 2pts (11/4 SJ Bog) 150 War: A French Horse 2pts (2/1 SJ Bog)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Bets; Round Up The race of the day was spoilt somewhat when Art Deco made a terrible blunder and left the race for Thumbs Up, he won easily and showed the break has done him the power of good. A French Horse was well backed and showed his experience when going on round the home bend and opened up a lead that was never threatened, Topsham Belle ran well in second and maybe needed the run. The first at Warwick was fought out by the two newcomers with Menorah getting the better of Ranjobaie, they both can go on from here. At Bangor Peter Grimes won the other race which was littered with errors and little to get excited about 310 Ban: Thumbs Up 2pts (11/4 SJ Bog) WON 150 War: A French Horse 2pts (2/1 SJ Bog) WON Stakes: 879.00pts Returns: 876.00pts Profit : -3.00 pts R.O.I. : -0.3% Top Rated Stakes : 288 pts Returns: 321.00 pts Profit: 33.00pts R.O.I : 11.45%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Todays racing at Ludlow is of no interest as far as the ratings is concerned, both novice hurdles are full of newcomers and very little form on offer. 240 Taunton 90 Consulate, 87 Goose Green, 85 Australia Day Good race this one and the hot fav Australia Day will be hard to beat if regaining his confidence after his first flight fall last time, he just overjumped so he should be ok. He absolutely hosed up first time out and should have these strung out after a circuit. Consulate is consistant, needs the good ground and should reach the frame again. Goose Green is interesting at 50/1, ran ok on both starts and is under rated by the market here. Nicholls runs a debutant and the market will show if that one is one of his leading lights. Bet; 240 Taun: Australia Day 6pts (8/15 Bet 365 Bog)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up Australia Day was withdrawn after heavy rain changed the ground, cant believe Consulate ran, he hates soft and the run can be ignored. Dont Panic won in a driving finish but the race ended up being very ordinary. Over at Ludlow the Nicky Henderson newcomer Moghaayer was well backed and just scraped home, he's sure to improve a lot for the run. Stakes: 879.00pts Returns: 876.00pts Profit : -3.00 pts R.O.I. : -0.3% Top Rated Stakes : 289 pts Returns: 321.00 pts Profit: 32.00pts R.O.I : 11.07%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 150 Cheltenham 107 Cootehill, 105 Some Present, 102 Loosen My Load Grade 2 race at Cheltenham is the highlight today and we have two well regarded Irish challengers at the head of the market. Some Present was second at the festival last season and then won his novice hurdle easily, last time was beaten in a funny old race by Sweeps Hill, we are sure to learn more today. Loosen My Load is interesting, was unbeaten until coming second in a G3 race last time, the form looks solid enough. Cootehill surprised me last time by winning at Kempron very easily, I have a feeling the race just panned out right that day and may find this a different ball game, still has the form in the book though. Tito Bustillo and William Hogarth would normally be considered with their form but both have to step up a lot on what we have seen so far, wouldnt be surprised if one of them gets involved. 1225 Newcastle 86 Diklers Oscar, 85 Nocturnal Knight, 84 Middlemarch On form this looks wide open but they have come for the Nicky Richards newcomer Premier Sagas who showed useful form in bumpers last year. Of those that have ran previous winner Nocturnal Knight has solid claims but now a penalty to carry. One or two at decent odds are worth looking at, both Middlemarch and Diklers Oscar may run well. Veiled Applause has some good form in the book and has been busy on the flat. 125 Newcastle 96 Smuglin, 88 Chasing Clouds, 84 Starbougg, Easter Queen Smuglin was with the Nicholls camp last season and has some decent form, now with the McCains she should get her head in front in less testing company. The opposition isnt that strong with the Irish horse Chasing Clouds having a fair 5th to her name and Starbougg disappointing last time out. Bets; 125 New: Smuglin 2pts (3/1 PP Bog)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up The big race at Cheltenham was fought out between the Irish pair, no surprise to anyone who has followed this thread, the Irish form has been a few pounds and weeks ahead of the home brigade all summer and may take until after xmas to catch them up. Anyway Loosen My Load stole the race when kicking clear on the bend the fav just couldnt get to him and both look decent. Cootehill didnt handle the ground but William Hogarth ran a fine race back in fourth as did the third Secret Tune. At Newcastle Smuglin was a bit too good for his rivals and was smashed into just before the off, only one horse threatened, the Irish horse Chasing Clouds who should be able to go one better soon. The other race was interesting, won by the Johnson pointer, stayed on just enough to beat Diklers Oscar who was handy throughout and improved on his run last time, the fav Premier Sagas never looked liked getting involved and has to be disappointing. Bets; 125 New: Smuglin 2pts (3/1 PP Bog) WON Stakes: 881.00pts Returns: 884.00pts Profit : 3.00 pts R.O.I. : 0.3% Top Rated Stakes : 292 pts Returns: 324.00 pts Profit: 32.00pts R.O.I : 11.09%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 I'm supposed to be going Cheltenham - weather permitting:hope so have to get these up early; 1250 Cheltenham 110 Trumpstoo, 100 Barizan, 98 Nicky Nutjob The Wetherby race in which Nicky Nutjob won from Trumpstoo carries the highest rating for a 3yo hurdle and with Trumpstoo recieving all the weight he could go close here, obviously the ground is a concern to all if it gets too soft. Barizan has been the most impressive so far but does throw the odd bad one in and this is his hardest task so far. Olafi, Screaming Brave and Pistolet Noir all could figure in a terrific race. 12.30 Uttoxeter 92 Predictive, 89 Humble Ben, 77 Chamirey Only three with decent form here, Humble Ben won back in the summer and carries a penalty but does go on the soft. Predictive has had plenty of goes but hasnt ran for over a year which leaves Chamirey from the King yard who had a satisfactory debut at Chepstow when second to Tell Massini and is expected to improve a lot for that as the yard was out of form then and are firing much better now. 210 Uttoxeter 76 Turbo Shandy, 59 Khun John, 49 Its a Date Very poor race and really cant get too excited about any of the runners. 1240 Wetherby 89 Leulahleulahlay, 77 Cornish Castle, 73 Hunting Magic Just a seller and very limited form on offer, the Evan Williams trained Leulayleulahlay has finished behind some decent types in Dark Oasis and Zepnove at least and hasnt been beaten miles. A quirky customer but a chance to get his head in front. Newcomer My Les may be dangerous by default as the others are very moderate. 110 Wetherby 89 Candle, 85 Itstooearly, 79 Kiss Me Hardy Candle has the best form in the book but his win was over 2m6f, takes a sharp drop here but has the speed and goes in the soft so will set the standard. Bogside Theatre is a funny one, once very useful on the level and has tried hurdles but didnt run too well, best watched here. The rest are pretty moderate with Itstooearly being the most interesting of them. 355 Wetherby 96 Mission Control, 89 Frankie Anson, 86 Weetfromthechaff This should just be between the top two here, Mission Control has a triple penalty but with the jockey taking off one of them he his still in with every chance, just failed last time carrying the same burden and looks sure to be involved. Frankie Anson ran a fair debut at Carlisle, looked in need of the run and with the weight advantage could be dangerous. Wave Power from the Johnson yard is better than his debut but will need to improve a lot. Bets: 355 Weth: Mission Control 2pts (SP)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up Lets get Saturdays action out of the way, Mission Control didnt run so another NR, Frankie Anson duly won in the absence of the fav and looks a nice sort. At Cheltenham the ground got the better of Barizan, he couldnt get clear and the hill was always going to be a problem if someothing could stick with him. Pistolet Noir won nicely and will go on to better things, the third Olafi ran very well too. At Utttoxeter Predictive couldnt resist the late challenge of Chamirey and was beaten but a decent run on his comeback, the winner looks a stayer and has improved. Candle won very easily but this race was really weak and nothing came out of it. Stakes: 881.00pts Returns: 884.00pts Profit : 3.00 pts R.O.I. : 0.3% Top Rated Stakes : 298 pts Returns: 328.88 pts Profit: 30.88pts R.O.I : 10.36%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up The big race at Cheltenham was won by Tell Massini, Tom Georges horses are certainly improving for a run and the stables Olafi ran well the day before, always up with the pace and stayed on really well. Reve De Sivola never got to the pace but stayed on ok. The Irish horse Berties Dream also ran a fine race in third. The race at Fontwell was very average with Casual Garcia winning but nothing to get excited about for the future. Bets; 330 Chel: Reve De Sivola 3pts (Evens PP Bog)2nd Stakes: 884.00pts Returns: 884.00pts Profit : 0.00 pts R.O.I. : 0.0% Top Rated Stakes : 300 pts Returns: 328.88 pts Profit: 28.88pts R.O.I : 9.6%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Busy day with 6 novice races after Leicester had to hold an all hurdle card. 1240 Leicester No Ratings 110 Leicester 93 Screaming Brave, 88 Dark Oasis, Helieorbia, Zepnove Nice little race this with Screaming Brave by passing Cheltenham because of the ground to come here, hopefully it will stay dry enough for him to take his chance. A really good second at Warwick to Dark Oasis' stable mate Causeway King on his debut and can go on from here. Dark Oasis himself has been in good form but has a double penalty. Helieorbia won on his debut but it wasnt a great race and Zepnove who is as tough as they come should also be therabouts. 210 Leicester 92 Good Old Thyme, 90 Viva Colonia, 85 Wall Of Silence Good Old Thyme has come over from Ireland recently to join the present trainer and has a good run at Fairyhouse which gives him every chance. I like Finlay who was well beaten on his debut but ran better than the finishing position suggests. Viva Colonia ran ok at Huntingdon last time and the stable is going well. 1250 Plumpton No Ratings 150 Plumpton 89 Coin Of The Realm, 82 King Edmund, 73 Ice Bellini Coin Of The Realm has the best form on offer but it goes without saying if The Betchworth Kid jumps round he will be too good for these on his debut for Alan King. Good class on the flat being rated over 100 and will be very short to open his account. 250 Plumpton 91 Knight Woodsman, 85 Quartano, 85 Dawn Choir Average looking race and Knight Woodsman's 4th at Aintree was a nice introduction, he could improve enough to take this event. Quartano was chasing last time but on earlier form could figure and the Irish challenger Dawn Choir won a weak race last time. Bets; 110 Leic: Screaming Brave 7pts (4/5 PP Bog) 150 Plu: The Betchworth Kid 4pts (8/11 PP Bog)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up At Leicester Screaming Brave was very impressive, tracked the leaders and just went on when he liked and pulled clear, this one could be useful as the three that fought out the places seem to have run up to their best. The Betchworth Kid was less impressive but got the job done, will need to step up on that but the King horses are not 100% at the moment. Good Old Thyme was quite an easy winner, looked to have a big danger in Viva Colonia two out but changed gear and pulled away, it was a nice performance in an ordinary race. The other race was won by Quartano, the trainers first winner and the extra trip seemed to be the key to his improvement, he could step up again now. Bets; 110 Leic: Screaming Brave 7pts (4/5 PP Bog) WON 150 Plu: The Betchworth Kid 4pts (8/11 PP Bog) WON Stakes: 895.00pts Returns: 903.51pts Profit : 8.51 pts Yield : 0.95% Top Rated Stakes : 304 pts Returns: 332.68 pts Profit: 28.88pts Yield : 9.4%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Both races at Folkestone are full of unknowns and wont be rating those, still useful for the future though. 200 Fakenham 85 Kind Heart, 85 Fongoli, 84 Evening Sunset, 84 Zepnove Smashing little race this one with four horses with fair form and the market is going with the two more unexposed ones in Kind Heart and Evening Sunset. Kind Heart beat the very well regarded Stormy Weather at Aintree on his debut, the form is still open to question. Evening Sunset beat True Brittania, a weaker race but the trainer was quite bullish afterwards and thinks this one is worth following, AP booked and should improve too. The two that have had plenty of experience are Fongoli who after disappointing the time before actually put in a career best at Wetherby, the form was let down at Cheltenham this week so may not one to trust. Zepnove ran yesterday behind Screaming Brave, a decent second after setting the pace, if she turns out this track will suit her style and should be on the frame again. The one that spoils the line up is Innocent Times, an Irish debutant from the Taaffe yard who doesnt come here for the country air, just dont know how to look at this one and has been backed this morning. *Zepnove has now been withdrawn Bets; 200 Fak: Kind Heart 2pts (6/4 Bet365 Bog)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up Evening Sunset won nicely at Fakenham, always well placed and kicked on before the last bend, no doubt the horse is a useful addition to jumping but with Zepnove not running, Fongoli having an off day and Kind Heart not adapting to the tight bends the form isnt that great, a 100/1 debutant finished second, I wont get too carried away with things just yet. At Folkestone the two novices didnt show much, the only one with form won the first at 12/1, hot fav Shakalaka was a real let down, seemingly blowing up two out. The Moores are having a frustrating time and they arent running that well just yet. In the second race Aegean Dawn was heavily backed and duly won but thought he was going to throw it away after the last, he held on and should improve for the experience. Bets; 200 Fak: Kind Heart 2pts (6/4 Bet365 Bog) lost Stakes: 897.00pts Returns: 903.51pts Profit : 6.51 pts Yield : 0.72% Top Rated Stakes : 305 pts Returns: 332.68 pts Profit: 27.88pts Yield : 9.14%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Hexham is off so just the one race at Market Rasen to look at; 1240 Market Rasen 89 City Theatre, 54 Quelbal Wasnt going to bother with this race as there are only two rated but the figure City Theatre has reached would have put him in with a chance in any normal MRasen hurdle, his fourth last time was quite encourageing and seems to be slow learner, he wont ba far away here in a field of pointers and bumper horses. The one the market is pointing towards is Ballybriggan who won a bumper in March, from avery shrewd stable. Bet: 1240 MR: City Theatre 1pt (9/4 PP Bog)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up Busy day so get this done now, City Theatre was given a superb ride by AP here, held up out the back until closing two out, it looked liked the three leaders may have got away but he produced the horse to win half a furlong out and mugged Ballybriggan who ran with credit. Obviously a difficult ride is the winner and would be suited by a strong pace, he and the three debutants pulled miles clear of the remainder so it may be a fair race of its type. Bet: 1240 MR: City Theatre 1pt (9/4 PP Bog) WON Stakes: 898.00pts Returns: 906.76pts Profit : 8.76 pts Yield : 0.97% Top Rated Stakes : 306 pts Returns: 335.31 pts Profit: 29.31pts Yield : 9.57%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 100 Wincanton 90 Midnight Appeal, 85 Holmwood Legend, 84 Triggerman A race that revolves around the debutant from the Nicholls yard, Vico is unbeaten in the points field and is a hot fav to open his account here. Of those that have ran Midnight Appeal ran well behind Dots Delight and should improve, Holmwood Legend has bits and pieces of form while Triggerman would have been closer on his debut had it not been for a bad mistake at the last so could be the one that improves most. 1250 Hereford 89 Causeway King, 79 Hallstatt, 54 Mr Prolific Causeway King was impressive on his debut at Warwick, despite a bad mistake he went on to beat Screaming Brave, they pulled miles clear that day and the runner up has won impressively since, he should be very hard to beat here. Hallstatt has been very disappointing since switching to hurdles and would need to improve a lot to figure here. Obviously the newcomers from the Williams yards could be anything. 1240 Huntingdon 91 Wester Ross, 91 Reland, 88 Lap Of Honour, Points Of View Wester Ross was a good second to Press The Button and then won well the next time, in command from a long way out and is going the right way, despite a penalty reamains the one to beat. Hot fav is Sereth, good horse on the flat and trained by Barny Curly so has to be respected. Others with a chance are Reland and Points Of View although the form of their race has took a knock. Lap Of Honour may the best EW option, he looks to be improving. 110 Huntingdon 84 Wizard Of Odds, 76 Rock N Roller, 74 Wonderwinder Wizard Of Odds from the Nick Gifford yard has the form to win one of these soon, third last time but has had a long break and fitness has to be taken on trust. Newcomer Cheshire Prince was rated 90+ on the flat and has to be considered, aprt from that it looks a weak contest. Bets; 1250 Her: Causeway King 8pts (8/11 VC Bet Bog) 1240 ***: Wester Ross 1pt (4/1 SJ Bog) 110 ***: Wizard Of Odds 1pt (85/40 VC Bet Bog)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up One of those days, 3 seconds to debutants, at least the form is working out. Biggest disappointment was obviously Causeway King, I cant believe that was his true running, could have been the ground as he didnt look happy to me a long way from home and the stable have still had the odd poor run so lets see next time out. The winner did it well and looks quite nice and looks a real stayer in the making. At Wincanton, Triggerman got up to beat Vico in the last few strides, he had shown promise on his debut and was well backed, left out the back and came through nicely, Vico ran well too but not much else caught the eye. At Huntingdon the first race went to the ex flat horse Sereth, he was entitled to run a big race on his flat form and did it well, Wester Ross and Lap Of Honour gave the form a soild look. Wizard Of Odds played up at the start of the other race and looked a right monkey, however once racing he ran a fine race only to be outpointed by the debutant Cheshire King, he came through nicely at the second last and looks as though there is more to come from him. The McCoy mount went very wide in the home straight and lost all chance and looks a tricky customer. Bets; 1250 Her: Causeway King 8pts (8/11 VC Bet Bog) 2nd 1240 ***: Wester Ross 1pt (4/1 SJ Bog) 2nd 110 ***: Wizard Of Odds 1pt (85/40 VC Bet Bog) 2nd Stakes: 908.00pts Returns: 906.76pts Profit : -1.24 pts Yield : -0.13% Top Rated Stakes : 310 pts Returns: 335.31 pts Profit: 25.31pts Yield : 8.16%