** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **

NH Novice Hurdlers

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Really busy today so i'll put the ratings up and try and back to sort some bets out and do yesterdays round up. 200 Cartmel; 94 Lake Wakatipu, 74 Crazy Eyes, 57 Corporation 415 Cartmel; 91 Josephine Mailines, 85 Cabbyl Doo, 83 Come Back To Me Both races look very ordinary to me, if i get chance i'll have a more detailed look later.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 200 Cartmel; 94 Lake Wakatipu, 74 Crazy Eyes, 57 Corporation The fav Lake Wakatipu looked in the process of running an improved run last time when falling at Aintree, before that won a poor race at this track. Course form around here is always worth a few pounds so looks fairly solid. Crazy Eyes ran a funny race last time and looks an improver for sure while the Irish runner Banville could be a danger with AP booked. All in all the fav looks just a bit short at 5/4. 415 Cartmel; 91 Josephine Mailines, 85 Cabbyl Doo, 83 Come Back To Me Joesphine Mailines showed a bit of promise on her debut at Wetherby but it could have been flattered as the race was a poor one and run at a steady pace which it wont be here. Come Back To Me has had three runs in Ireland and his form could well be stronger than any on show here so must be feared but at the same time not really one to take a really short price about. Cabbyl Doo ran a nice enough race on his debut behind Thumbs Up, he finished just behind Shiwawa that day who has won a couple since. Bets; 415 Catrmel: Cabbyl Doo 1pt (3/1 bet365 BOG)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up Time to cach up a bit, in the first Anfield Road ran as though he needed the race and was beaten early on, the front two pulled well clear and both look decent, Secret Tune was backed into 4/1 from 25/1 so was expected and High Gales the fav made a fair debut. Persian Warrior won as expected but may now struggle with a double handicap, the rest may need to go down the same route. The 4.40 was a muddling race and dont think the form is that good. Over at Worcester Starlight Air was quite impressive for the step up in trip and should follow up. Rhinestone Ruby won the last but the debuatant in sceond caught the eye for the future. Todays racing at Cartmel was interesting, it was a wise decision to avoid Lake Wakatipu in the first, she may want it really soft as she is very one paced, Crazy Eyes came from way back to win but didnt beat a lot. In teh other race top rated Josephine Mailines led all the way to beat fav Come Back To Me who didnt or couldnt go past, the selection Cabbyl Doo was left behind after the last and looks moderate. Bets; 640 Wor: Starlight Air 2pts EW (5/1 Sportingbet) Won 140 Utt: Anfield Road 1pt EW (6/1 Bet 365 BOG) Lost 210 Utt: Persian Warrior 6pts (4/6 Bet 365 BOG) Won Bets; 415 Catrmel: Cabbyl Doo 1pt (3/1 bet365 BOG) Lost Stakes: 354.50pts Returns: 380.41pts Profit : 25.91pts R.O.I. : 7.3% Top Rated Stakes : 95 pts Returns: 103.33 pts Profit : 8.33 pts

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 240 Market Rasen 98 Rupestrian, 91 Pure Crystal, 88 True Brittania Rupestrian has won three of these 3yo hurdles, what he has beat is open to question and last time did look a touch temperamental so the question is do you take a short price carrying the double penalty although the conditions of this race do favour the fav as the penalties are combined so not carrying the full amount and also the jockey takes 7lbs off, has been odds on in the last couple of races so this represents better vaule. Of the others that have ran over hurdles Pure Crystal looks the one to improve but the debutant Tropical Bachelor was the best of these on the flat so must be feared and also Royal Max from the Evan Williams yard. 415 Market Rasen 96 Alesandro Mantegna, 90 Viable, 86 Moment Present Terrific little race which should tell us a lot about various form lines, fav Any Given Day has been quite impressive but the double penalty gives him a lot to do here, likewise for Moment Present. A couple further down the weights look interesting too, Viable's second to Sambulando was a decent effort, to be honest a stronger jockey could have helped but Miss Andrews takes the ride again and that has to be taken into account. AP's ride Alesandro Mantegna nearly foiled the big gamble at Stratford last week and could be dangerous recieving the weight. Bets; 210 MR: Rupestrian 5pts (7/4 VCBet BOG) 210 MR: Tropical Bachelor 1pt EW (11/2 Bet365 BOG) 415 MR: Viable 1pt EW (11/2 Bet365 BOG) 415 MR: Alesandro Mantegna 1pt (9/2 Betfred)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up Rupestrian was quite impressive under the penalties and never looked likely to be beaten, nothing in behind really caught the eye for the future, the 3yo's look weak so far this season barring the odd one. In the second race Any Given Day was another easy winning fav, travelled well and pulled clear, Moment Present may need handicaps now and the Stratford form for AP's horse looks moderate now. Viable can be excused as the saddle slipped and did well to get third and save the stakes, hats off to Miss Andrews!! Bets; 210 MR: Rupestrian 5pts (7/4 VCBet BOG) Won 210 MR: Tropical Bachelor 1pt EW (11/2 Bet365 BOG)Lost 415 MR: Viable 1pt EW (11/2 Bet365 BOG) 3rd 415 MR: Alesandro Mantegna 1pt (9/2 Betfred) Lost Stakes: 364.50pts Returns: 396.26pts Profit : 31.76pts R.O.I. : 8.7% Top Rated Stakes : 97 pts Returns: 106.08 pts Profit : 9.08 pts R.O.I : 9.3%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 340 Stratford 93 Classic Swain, 93 Consulate, 90 Twill Nice little race here with Classic Swain going for the hatrick under a 10lb penalty. Has won round here and does look a grade above this type of race. Consulate looked a touch unlucky when last seen behind King Keano, clouted the last two flights but this form hasnt been upheld since so maybe it was a bad race anyway. The one that did show some promise in a fair race was Twill, made lots of ground up at Ffos Las to finish third, Cootehill was just in front so the form is solid, not sure Stratford will suit though, you dont get much time in the straight here to peg back the leaders. 200 Newton Abbot 89 Fongoli, 75 The Boat Shed Only two with form in a very poor turnout for this 3yo hurdle, Fongoli won last time when fav Barizan was a big disappointment, looks miles clear of The Boat Shed and remains to be seen if any of the debutants are any good. Highland River was best on the flat. 230 Newton Abbot 95 Right Option, 93 Penyfan Dawn, 89 Sizing Asia Quite competative this with a few having fair form and possible improvers everywhere. Right Option has been very consistant and maybe derserves to get his head in front, keeps meeting a good un. His main rival is the Nicholls horse Sizing Asia who ran well last time when second to Havenstone, AP takes the ride and will be fav. Penyfan Dawn was in the King Keano race, got well behind that day and the extra trip may suit. Plenty Of Chat let us down last time and will be interesting to see how this one runs, i fear its one to avoid. One at bigger prices that may run well is Meleeha. Bets; Added at 11.17 340 Str: Classic Swain (4/11 VCBet) 200 NA: Fongoli (8/13 VCBet) 3pts Double pays around 11/10 230 NA: Right Option 4pts (7/4 PP BOG)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up The first race at NAbbot was very poor, Fongoli outstayed them after looking a bit vulnerable for an easy success, once again the new recruits gave nothing to note down for the future. Right Option delivered the goods in the next race, winning nicely, was well backed to do so too, Penyfan Dawn was ridden from the front this time and seemed to enjoy it more and could nick one of these, the Nicholls horse looked beat with a circuit to go so maybe ignore this run. At Stratford, the joint top rated Consulate and Classic Swain fought out the finish, the former just getting the better showing how unlucky he was last time. This once useful flat horse could go on and win another while Classic Swain will always be there to be shot at under double penalties. Bets; 340 Str: Classic Swain (4/11 VCBet) 200 NA: Fongoli (8/13 VCBet) 3pts Double pays around 11/10 Lost 230 NA: Right Option 4pts (7/4 PP BOG) Won Stakes: 371.50pts Returns: 407.26pts Profit : 35.76pts R.O.I. : 9.6% Top Rated Stakes : 100 pts Returns: 114.25 pts Profit : 14.25 pts R.O.I : 14.2%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 730 Bangor 96 Vacario, 93 Miss Mactango, 90 Duty Free Looks a straight fight between Vacario and Duty Free, I think the level of form Vacario has shown is no doubt the best, his second to Factotum much better than the race Duty Free ran in at Southwell. AP rides Duty Free so should know what chance he has being on Factotum that day. Vacario has been withdrawn because of the ground at least twice lately so if he rain continues he may not turn out so its a bit of awkward one. When first thinking about this race I imediately wondered what Donald McCain would enter with such a terrific record with novices around here, his Balabrook looks a disappointing type so far and maybe a confidence booster after his fall on his chase debut. The bottom one recieves all the allowances and at 25/1 looks the each way bet. Bets; 730 Ban: Vacario 7pts (Evens PP BOG) 730 Ban: Duty Free 2pts (2/1 Bet365 BOG)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up Well although the race went against me today I had to laugh at the irony of a 100/1 shot winning the 101st race I have covered, quite weird really and had it coming I suppose. Anyway, not sure what the form has to offer, Vacario ran a stinker, Duty Free looks like he just got lonely and stopped to nothing and the winner has found something from somewhere which was totally unexpected by connections, just move on and accept these things happen, Dave Nevison called it a fluke, time will tell. Bets; 730 Ban: Vacario 7pts (Evens PP BOG) Lost 730 Ban: Duty Free 2pts (2/1 Bet365 BOG) 2nd Stakes: 380.50pts Returns: 407.26pts Profit : 26.76pts R.O.I. : 7.0% Top Rated Stakes : 101 pts Returns: 114.25 pts Profit : 13.25 pts R.O.I : 13.1%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 240 Worcester 93 Civil Servant, 91 Dead Or Alive, 87 Night Cru Just 4 to concentrate on here, winners Night Cru and Mr Robert carry penalties while Dead Or Alive and Civil Servant have been second in their last runs. Dead Or Alive is weighted to beat Mr Robert on their Hexham race and the latter was well beaten in a handicap since. Civil Servant doesnt look the easiest of rides and tried to miss the last when second to Danetime Panther, he still could improve and recieves all the allowances. The fav Night Cru looks a class higher than this, only worry is he reportedly finished lame when beating Right Option, but if fit should win. 310 Worcester 80 Balcktoft, 80 Holden Caulfield, 80 Sweet As Pye Nothing to choose between those with recent form as you can see from the ratings, maybe Sweet As Pye would be the one that could improve. The fav is debutant Watchmaker, 68 rated on the flat but has been disappointing and Babe McCool runs for the Pipe yard after 2 yeras off. Bets; 310 Worc: Sweet As Pye 1pt (4/1 VCBet BOG) 240 Worc: Night Cru 7pts (8/11 PP Bog) 240 Worc: Mr Robert 0.5pts EW (16/1 BlSq)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up In the first race Night Cru drifted slightly but still managed to win, not sure if it was as easy as the jockey made out, AP was very cool and won a neck, not how I like to see finishes. The second looks a fair horse too as they pulled well clear of Dead Or Alive who beat Civil Servant just about how he should have at the revised weights so that form looks failry solid. Mr Robert was withdrawn due to the soft ground. In the other race Blacktoft won, settled better and was too strong for the gambled on Holden Caulfield, in all the race was very poor and wouldnt take anything out of the race really. Bets; 310 Worc: Sweet As Pye 1pt (4/1 VCBet BOG) Lost 240 Worc: Night Cru 7pts (8/11 PP Bog) Won 11/10 240 Worc: Mr Robert 0.5pts EW (16/1 BlSq) Non Runner Stakes: 388.50pts Returns: 421.96pts Profit : 33.46pts R.O.I. : 8.6% Top Rated Stakes : 103 pts Returns: 115.90 pts Profit : 12.90 pts R.O.I : 12.51%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 200 Uttoxeter 94 Cooksgrove Lady, 37 Checked Shirt We have seen some very poor races this summer but this one just about edges it for strength in depth. Hot fav Cooksgrove Lady has improved on all her runs over hurdles and is streets ahead of anything here, cant see how this can be beaten to be honest but the price will reflect that. No Bet

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up Cooksgrove Lady won as expected, the price of 2/11 was about right although 1/4 was available early on. Nothing can be said of the opposition, Ganoli being the only one to chase the winner home. The mare will go for a quick hatrick i presume in the next few days, personally dont think we should get too carried away by her overall form. Stakes: 388.50pts Returns: 421.96pts Profit : 33.46pts R.O.I. : 8.6% Top Rated Stakes : 104 pts Returns: 117.08 pts Profit : 13.08 pts R.O.I : 12.57%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 435 Southwell 89 Danetime Panther, 87 Persian Warrior, 79 Eddie Dowling The top two both won last time out and a duel is on the cards, Persian Warrior won a poor race at Uttoxeter and may find this much harder as Danetime Panther looks to have found his feet at last over hurdles, beat Civil Servant last time at Worcester and was well backed that day and delivered nicely, he looks the one to go on and improve further. Of the others Eddie Dowling has regressed and the one that may shake the fav's up is Ovthenight, ran ok at Doncaster ages ago and returned to win a handicap at MRasen last time. Bets; 435 Sth: Danetime Panther 8pts (6/5 Stan James Bog) 435 Sth: Ovthenight 2pts (7/4 Without Fav PP Bog)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up Ovthenight got the better of Danetime Panther over the last to show much improved form since his last run in a novice race, the stable have one or two nice types that are well placed so the fav's defeat shouldnt be crabbed too much just yet, he will have other chances. The withdrawal of Persian Warrior decimated the price for the winner, i'm pretty confident it wouldnt have made any difference to the result. Bets; 435 Sth: Danetime Panther 8pts (6/5 Stan James Bog) 2nd 435 Sth: Ovthenight 2pts (7/4 Without Fav PP Bog) Won 55p R4 Stakes: 398.50pts Returns: 425.54ts Profit : 27.04pts R.O.I. : 6.7% Top Rated Stakes : 105 pts Returns: 117.08 pts Profit : 12.08 pts R.O.I : 11.5%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 615 Uttoxeter 91 Ragdollianna, 88 Moulin De La Croix, 87 Rhinstone Ruby Interesting race in that Ragdollianna who was second to Rhinestone Ruby takes her conqueror on again with a 7lb pull for just over 3 lengths, in theory she should get her revenge but I reckon the winner has more to offer and the way Ragdollianna folded quickly when passed and at the time looking the likely winner rang alarm bells to me. This run will be very informative and at the prices 'Ruby' is the value especially if it gets much wetter. James Lambe runs a pointer from Ireland that AP rides and could spoil the party but cant possibly weigh up the form so i'm ignoring it for now and it does hold up the prices on the others. Bets; 615 Utt: Rhinestone Ruby 6pts (9/4 Bet365 BOG) 615 Utt: Ragdollianna 2pts (9/4 Bet365 BOG)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up Rhinestone Ruby won by 26l and completely out stayed and out gallopped her rivals, the runner up Ragdollianna did seem to struggle to get home and the rest were well beaten off a long way from home, the winner looks one for a longer trip and a chaser in time and a very nice prospect. Bets; 615 Utt: Rhinestone Ruby 6pts (9/4 Bet365 BOG) Won 615 Utt: Ragdollianna 2pts (9/4 Bet365 BOG) 2nd Stakes: 406.50pts Returns: 445.04ts Profit : 38.54pts R.O.I. : 9.4% Top Rated Stakes : 106 pts Returns: 117.08 pts Profit : 11.08 pts R.O.I : 10.45%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Not much time so i'll be brief, 615 Worcester 102 Romantic Bridge, 91 Starlight Air, 87 Converti Starlight Air won very well last time and obvioulsy is going the right way, her penalty wont help in this company, Converti continues to interest me, ran on the flat last time and didnt run too badly, wears a visor here and wouldnt be totally surprised if he figured. The fav is Romantic Bridge has changed hands since his races last season, he was highly tried a couple of times and this grade will be more to his liking although may need to improve for the switc to Tim Vaughans. 850 Worcester 51 King High, 50 War Party, 48 Attrapeur The horses with form are way below whats usaully required to win one of these, they could improve but they need to by about a stone at least. Chances are it will go to a newcomer with Watchmaker and Mission Control who come from powerful yards. 605 Perth 82 Royal Max, 72 Orsippus A 3yo hurdle with just 5 runners of which only two have raced before. Rotal Max ran on well when miles behind Rupestrian so is the obvious one. 640 Perth 83 Baaher, 78 Solway Star, 69 Castleroche Another poor race with the fav Screenscraper from the Gordon Elliot yard, hasnt shown much to be honest and will be poor value. Top rated Baaher hasnt run since October but had a couple of promising runs last season. Solway Star continues to get placed in these type of low key races but hasnt really threatened to win one. Bets; 615 Worcester: Starlight Air 3pts (5/2 PP BOG)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Will do two days round ups tomorrow as not any time at the moment. 225 Stratford 82 High Gales, 80 Gemini Aahs, 68 Alfie Noakes High Gales ran well on his debut behind Secret Dancer and looks to be up to this task with only one real danger in the Twiston-Davies horse Gemini Aahs who was second behind Starlight Air over 3 miles, this track may be a bit sharp for him and a big step down in trip. 520 Stratford 90 Corporation, 89 Billy Magern, 83 Lapina On bare ratings Billy Magern has to improve again with his penalty to beat Corporation who was second in a poor race at Cartmel, the softening ground will suit the Irish runner though so an eye on any changes in the ground might be advised. 550 Stratford 90 Dinarius, 89 Rockys Choice, 77 Banville Cailn Na Ri doesnt go which would have had a fav's chance here whick now leaves ex Irish Rockeys Choice who wasnt that impressive on his UK debut behind Aypeeyes, his earlier form wasnt too bad which gives him a chance. Dinaruis has ran in a couple of much better races than this and will go in the ground so is the safest option here. Bets; 225 Str: High Gales 6pts (8/15 WHill BOG) 520 Str: Corporation 1pt (9/4 VCBet BOG) 550 Str: Dinarius 3pts (7/4 Stan James BOG) 2pt Double : High Gales (1/2) Billy Magern (4/7) At PP BOG.

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up On Tuesday the only bet Starlight Air ran well enough but her penalty was just too much and the race was very competative going to Mr Robert who travelled much better than before, handicaps await that one. Converti ran well once again and the fav Romantic Bridge ran a funny race coming under pressure a long way from home but ran on well. In the other races two of them went to debutants which wasnt surprising and Screenscraper beat Baaher in the last race, wouldnt want to be on the winner with a penalty though. Yesterday High Gales won easy enough, did come under pressure down the back and not sure this track suited but the opposition was very poor and he got away with it. Billy Magern followed up and again didnt look that impressive but satying is his game and Stratford isnt the place for such an animal. Corporation ran poorly with no excuses. In the last race Dinarius played up at the start and then ran much too free and spoilt any chance he had, the race went to Banville in a tight finish from the moderate Rockys Choice, the form is very average. Bets; 615 Worcester: Starlight Air 3pts (5/2 PP BOG) Lost 225 Str: High Gales 6pts (8/15 WHill BOG) Won 520 Str: Corporation 1pt (9/4 VCBet BOG) Lost 550 Str: Dinarius 3pts (7/4 Stan James BOG) Lost 2pt Double : High Gales (1/2) Billy Magern (4/7) At PP BOG. Won Stakes: 421.50pts Returns: 457.80pts Profit : 36.30pts R.O.I. : 8.6% Top Rated Stakes : 113 pts Returns: 118.44 pts Profit : 5.44 pts R.O.I : 4.8%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 3 Races at Bangor today with the ground still on the firm side; 230 Bangor 88 True Brittania, 87 Barizan, 75 The Boat Shed A 3yo hurdle with just three runners with experience, Barizan won well on his debut despite jumping all over the place, he was found out on his next run when very disappointing and needs to jump much better to get anywhere in this game. True Brittania has had a couple of runs and ran fine in both, he just lacks the class and may need handicaps later on. The Pipe yard run a newcomer and was rated 78 on the flat which puts him in with every chance here. 340 Bangor 93 Zafar, 93 Word Of Warning, 90 Duty Free Quite a tight looking race, Duty Free has been placed a couple of times now and last time looked a bit reluctant to me once in front so cant back that one here, Word Of Warning has finished 2nd a few times and travelled really well at Perth before finding nothing off the bridle so this may be best left to Zafar, switched to Tim Vaughan after running well in two competative races in Ireland, he looks the type to do well for this stable. Of the rags Winged Farasi and Balabrook look capable of a decent run. 450 Bangor 85 Pokanoket, 82 Cooksgrove Lady, 72 Dree Hill A typical mares hurdle with a match on the cards between Cooksgrove Lady with a double penalty and Pokanoket also a winner but recieving weight. The fav Cooksgrove Lady has won a couple of very soft races and i'm willing to take her on here with the more solid Pokanoket. Dree Hill looks likely to fill third spot at fair odds. Bets; 450 Ban: Pokanoket 4pts (6/4 Bet365 BOG) 340 Ban: Zafar 5pts (Evens PP BOG)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up Zafar was quite impressive in the 340 race, joined the issue three out and put the race to bed with the minimum of fuss and could defy a penalty. Duty Free and Word Of Warning ran their usual races and may pick up a weak race somewhere. Barizan came back to form and beat True Brittania again, they pulled a mile clear of the others including the hot fav from the Pipe yard who did not jump at all. In the last Pokanokat was no match for Cooksgrove Lady at all, im inclined to think the runner up didnt run her race rather get carried away with the winner but she was inpressive and has improved with each run, Dree Hill ran ok and got third as expected. Bets; 450 Ban: Pokanoket 4pts (6/4 Bet365 BOG) 2nd 340 Ban: Zafar 5pts (Evens PP BOG) Won Stakes: 430.50pts Returns: 467.80pts Profit : 37.30pts R.O.I. : 8.6% Top Rated Stakes : 116 pts Returns: 119.44 pts Profit : 3.44 pts R.O.I : 2.96%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 230 Market Rasen 98 Sacrlige, 78 Pelenor, 67 Night Reveller Sacrilege will be a short price here, ran a fine second at Wetherby which is head and shoulders above anything on show today. Pelenor was third at Worcester in a poor race and may be best of the others. 305 Market Rasen 99 Eastern Surprise, 91 Dead Or Alive, 90 Right Option Right Option was really impressive last time and was heavily backed, certainly going the right way and carries a penalty here. Dead Or Alive has promised to deliver one of these races, second to Mr Robert looks good and in reciept of 7lbs could be dangerous. Eastern Surprise tops the ratings on his run at Cartmel which to be fair wasnt a great race, ran behind Cooksgrove Lady last time and could bounce back. Bkack Jacari from the Alan King yard has to be respected but needs to find a few pounds to beat Dead Or Alive or Right Option I think. Bets; 230 MR : Sacrilege 7pts (2/7 Bet365 BOG) 305 MR : Dead Or Alive 3pts (11/4 Bet365 BOG) 305 MR : Right Option 3pts (7/2 Bet365 BOG)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up Sacrilege was not that impressive although the front two did pull well clear of the field, its more likely that Pellenor improved a fair bit for the change in stables, anyway neither look good enough to win a race much better than this one. The second race was a treat and panned out pretty much to form, Black Jacari was made fav, I can only think it was the King factor, he always looked to have a lot on against this lot, anyway he faded back into third just ahead of Eastern Surprise who ran just about up to his mark, both could win weak novices at minor tracks. The pair to concentrate on were the winner Dead Or Alive who relished the extra trip and stayed on really well and maybe better on a more galloping track, and Right Option who continues to run consistantly well and the penalty made all the difference. Bets; 230 MR : Sacrilege 7pts (2/7 Bet365 BOG) Won 305 MR : Dead Or Alive 3pts (11/4 Bet365 BOG) Won 305 MR : Right Option 3pts (7/2 Bet365 BOG) 2nd Stakes: 443.50pts Returns: 488.05pts Profit : 44.55pts R.O.I. : 10.04% Top Rated Stakes : 118 pts Returns: 120.69pts Profit : 2.69 pts R.O.I : 2.3%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 230 Newton Abbot 95 Cailin Na Ri, 89 Consulate, 89 Quell The Storm Nice race but ground worries about most of the fancied runners so hopefully we get a dry day and no non runners. Fav Quell The Storm has been disappointing for me in his last two runs and appears bad value due to the Nicholls factor. Corum won a seller eaily last time and was bought for £12k by the Pipe yard, has a bit to find on novice ratings but is in form. The two I like are Consulate and Cailin Na Ri. The latter ran second to the Nicholls horse here on firm ground, the weights are about the same due to different jockey allowances and Cailin Na Ri did run a good race last time out and could have improved a touch. Consulate is the main doubt with the ground but if he takes his place he must have every chance on his win over Classic Swain last time, was also unlucky the time before and is far the best of these on the flat, just needs to brush up his jumping under pressure. Bets; 230 NA: Consulate 3pts (5/1 Betfred) 230 NA: Cailin Na Ri 2pts (9/2 Boyle BOG)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Bets; Round Up Corum was well backed and duly won well from Cailin Na Ri, a duel over the last three hurdles but the winner never really looked liked being pegged back. Consulate was a doubt before the race but was given the nod but never travelled like he had previously and finished fourth. The Nicholls horse drifted and pulled up with a circuit to go so may be one to avoid. 230 NA: Consulate 3pts (5/1 Betfred) Lost 230 NA: Cailin Na Ri 2pts (9/2 Boyle BOG) 2nd Stakes: 448.50pts Returns: 488.05pts Profit : 39.55pts R.O.I. : 8.8% Top Rated Stakes : 119 pts Returns: 120.69pts Profit : 1.69 pts R.O.I : 1.4%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 4.00 Newton Abbot 91 Ormond Lad, 88 Zafar, 80 Haldon Caulfield Ormond Lad comes out well on the figures due to his second to Persian Warrior but the overall form looks only average with one or two in behind ran since and done nothing. Haldon Caulfield is moderate and can run into a place but the impressive Zafar should take this in his stride without much fuss. Ran in a decent race for this time of year last time and won really well, cant see anything here getting in his way. Bets; 400 NA: Zafar 10pts (1/2 VCBet Bog) 400 NA: Ormond Lad 1pt EW (15/2 Boyle BOG)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up Zafar won very easily as expected and looks a useful recruit, of the others Ormond Lad broke down when booked for third which was disappointing from both a financial point of view and obviously the horses well being. Bets; 400 NA: Zafar 10pts (1/2 VCBet Bog) Won 400 NA: Ormond Lad 1pt EW (15/2 Boyle BOG) Lost Stakes: 460.50pts Returns: 503.05pts Profit : 42.55pts R.O.I. : 9.2% Top Rated Stakes : 120 pts Returns: 120.69pts Profit : 0.69 pts R.O.I : 0.57%