** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

NH Novice Hurdlers

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 250 Worcester 94 Dinarius, 89 Converti, 84 Kings Alchemist Couldnt believe the meeting missed all the rain and survives, it will quickly turn soft if they get any at all before off time so may be tread a little carefully. The fav is the Donald McCain bumper horse Major Payne which complicates things, he has such a good track record with these horses you just cant ignore them, anyway we cant rate what hasnt run so Dinarius is best in at the weights with the top two carrying penalties, Dinarius let us down at Stratford last time when pulling like a train out in front and having nothing left at the end, clearly has ability. Converti has a 10lb claimer on to off load the penalty and always runs his race and must be therabouts for a place, Kings Alchemist was a bit disappointing in recent races and i'm not sure the horse loves this game. Bets; 250 Wor: Converti 1pt EW (9/1 VCBet Bog) 250 Wor: Dinarius 3pts (9/2 PP Bog)

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up Funny race in as much as one or two of the fancied horses were never really in with a chance, Dinarius fell when in fourth but wasnt a factor and Converti just didnt seem to get competative. A couple of others that were backed didnt figure either and Kings Alchemist was beaten two out. The fav was second and ran a respectable debut but the winner War Party was travelling well and maybe idled in front, had run ok last time but this was a big step up and the form just might be suspect, just too many disappointments to be convinced. Bets; 250 Wor: Converti 1pt EW (9/1 VCBet Bog) Lost 250 Wor: Dinarius 3pts (9/2 PP Bog) Fell Stakes: 465.50pts Returns: 503.05pts Profit : 37.55pts R.O.I. : 8.1% Top Rated Stakes : 121 pts Returns: 120.69pts Loss : 0.31 pts R.O.I : -0.25%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Finally back with the jumpers after a few days break with just one race at Newton Abbot. 445 Newton Abbot 92 Cooksgrove Lady, 88 Kilrogan, 87 Wilamo, Mission Control Ive been guilty in the past of opposing Cooksgrove Lady, but the way she hacked up last time was her best performance yet and must be feared even with the triple penalty one being off set by the jockeys allowance, I still think a penalty like that is rarely carried to victory in novice hurdles so cant back her at short odds. In opposition we have a couple of possible improvers in Wilamo and Mission Control, the latter won his debut at Worcester, that day he beat a few horses that have put in fair performances over hurdles this season so the form looks ok. The step up in trip looks sure to help too. Wilamo is a different type all together, a second season novice who is rated 111 after running in two handicaps and the last time over 3m at Chepstow where he pulled up. Looks like a real staying sort who has been campaigned on soft ground and this trip may be too short. Kilrogan is the only other possibility, primarily a chaser but lost his way somewhat and has been running quite well over hurdles, his second to Vacario is solid enough and should be in the frame. *Wilamo now a Non Runner Bets; 445 NA: Mission Control 5pts (15/8 PP Bog)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up Disappointing that Wilamo didnt run as it squeezed the market somewhat, anyway Mission Control won quite decisively, always travelliong well and for the first time we saw Cooksgrove Lady off the bridle, she ran on well but the penalties were just too much in the end. Bets; 445 NA: Mission Control 5pts (15/8 PP Bog)Won 2/1 Stakes: 470.50pts Returns: 518.05pts Profit : 47.55pts R.O.I. : 10.1% Top Rated Stakes : 122 pts Returns: 120.69pts Loss : 1.31 pts R.O.I : -1.07%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 540 Stratford 93 Civil Servant, 92 Agente Romano, 89 Danetime Panther We have four runners here with solid form that stand out from the rest, I reckon the top weight Moment Present has just too much on his plate, a double penalty for a couple of soft races and was well beaten last time by an improver. Danetime Panther beat Civil Servant 4l and at todays weights should be much closer, also Danetime Panther wont want it too firm so that is a negative for him. Civil Servant looked either very green that day or quirky as he tried to run out at the last, has since tried a longer trip which didnt suit in the soft ground that day and a return to ideal conditions should see him bounce back to form. The fav is Agente Romano, probably on the basis of Mission Control enhancing the form the other day, he ran a close second to him on his debut and can only improve you would think, no doubt the form is very solid and receives all the weight. 610 Stratford 91 Royal Max, 91 Pure Crystal, 77 Takelli A 3yo seller with not much form on offer isnt the best of the races to get involved in, it looks a two horse race unless any of the low key debutants finds something with the switch to hurdles. Royal Max has been placed twice in better races but doesnt look a natural to me and Pure Crystal ran behind Royal Max in their race at MRasen, that day Pure Crystal was well backed and tried to lead all the way which didnt work and the form of the two shouldnt be taken too literally. 810 Stratford 95 Ring For Time, 92 Caili Na Ri, 87 Rhinestone Ruby Cracking race here in prospect with lots of form lines all over the place, just a question of which ones look the strongest. The top four carry penalties with Rhinestone Ruby a double but she was most impressive last time and did think she would be better over further, the only slight doubt is she seems to like soft ground. Pokanoket was slammed by Cooksgrove Lady last time and the form doesnt look as strong while Run For Time was outpointed by Candle last time and that to me looks a bit suspect although she is a course winner. The one receiving all the weight is Cailin Na Ri, she was the only one to give Corum a run last time but having said that she has had a few chances now and again may prefer softer conditions. The Irish send over Quivvy Bridge and just cant see that one being good enough here. Bets; 540 Str: Agente Romano 4pts (5/2 Bet365 BOG) 540 Str: Civil Servant 1pt EW (6/1 Bet365 BOG) 810 Str: Rhinestone Ruby 5pts (3/1 Bet365 BOG) 810 Str: Cailin Na Ri 1pt (3/1 Bet365 BOG)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up Disappointing day financially but a couple of good races never the less, Agente Romano was travelling well until the last and stopped suddenly, cant explain this, didnt appear to be too free and finished well last time? The winner put his last run behind him and ran on well to confirm placings with Civil Servant. The seller was uncompetative and went to Royal Max who led this time and was unchallenged, different tactics might be the key here although it was a dreadful race. In the last race a good performance from Quivvy Bridge outpointing Cailin Na Ri on the run in, the runner up is frustrating. Rhinestone Ruby didnt act on the ground and wants it softer, lost her action in the home straight, sure she will pay her way this season. Bets; 540 Str: Agente Romano 4pts (5/2 Bet365 BOG)Lost 540 Str: Civil Servant 1pt EW (6/1 Bet365 BOG) 2nd 810 Str: Rhinestone Ruby 5pts (3/1 Bet365 BOG) Lost 810 Str: Cailin Na Ri 1pt (3/1 Bet365 BOG) 2nd Stakes: 482.50pts Returns: 520.25pts Profit : 37.75pts R.O.I. : 7.8% Top Rated Stakes : 125 pts Returns: 121.69pts Loss : 3.31 pts R.O.I : -2.7%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 155 Bangor 94 Come Back To Me, 92 Highland Laddie, 85 Baaher, Wilamo Wilamo was pulled out the other day due to the firm ground, this should be ok today and its an easier race. The Irish send over Come Back To Me, has to be feared despite being beaten at Catmel in a poor race. Highland Laddie and Baaher are also respected on their best form. 225 Bangor 87 Fongoli, 84 Location Only two with form in this 3yo race and they met last time with Fongoli coming out on top by 10 lengths, the 7lb penalty should make it closer but the runner up that day didnt look a natural jumper to me. 515 Bangor 94 Rockys Choice, 91 Word Of Warning, 79 Ja Myford A right assortment here, chasers, pointers, bumpers and one or two with recent hurdle form. Rockys Choice is the obvious one after his narrow defeat last time, he did run a funny sort of race and may not be straight forward. Word Of Warning is a strong traveller that finds little off the bridle and should be therabouts and Ja Myford ran a pleasing debut behind Mission Control and could improve. 610 Market Rasen 96 Saddlers Star, 91 Anfield Road, 87 Zafar Intriguing race is this, we have a couple of horses that have shown form in the past but have poor runs to put behind them in Saddlers Star and Anfield Road and a couple that have ran well recently that need to improve in Zafar and Winged Farasi. Alan Kings Saddlers Star looked a disappointing sort when I last saw him so it may be best to side with the progressive Zafar with his penalties. Bets: 155 Ban: Wilamo 3pts (9/4 PP Bog) 155 Ban: Highland Laddie 1pt EW (15/2 Sportingbet) 225 Ban: Fongoli 2pts (6/5 StanJames BOG) 515 Ban: Ja Myford 1pt EW (13/2 Betfred) 515 Ban: Word Of Warning 1p EW (7/1 PP BOG) 610 MR: Zafar 6pts (4/5 Skybet) 610 MR: Saddlers Star 1pt (3/1 VCBet BOG)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up Pretty successful day on the whole, started off with Wilamo just out gunning top rated Come Back To Me in a photo, not so sure about the overall form although Baheer was well beaten back in third. In the 3yo race Fongoli couldnt carry the penalty, he looked very one paced and a tricky ride and will avoid this one now, the winner won as he liked and might be useful. In the last at Bangor the fav Rockys Choice was again beaten and was a rediculous price at 4/6. Got lucky when a horse fell at the last and let Ja Myford in for a place. Word Of Warning may have won anyway but i'm not certain he likes a battle so will move on and be wary next time. Zafar won well at MRasen, he travelled well once again and drew away on the run in, Saddlers Star was once again found wanting from the last and maybe needs handicaps now. Bets: 155 Ban: Wilamo 3pts (9/4 PP Bog) Won R4 10p 155 Ban: Highland Laddie 1pt EW (15/2 Sportingbet) NR 225 Ban: Fongoli 2pts (6/5 StanJames BOG) Lost 515 Ban: Ja Myford 1pt EW (13/2 Betfred) 3rd 515 Ban: Word Of Warning 1p EW (7/1 PP BOG) Won 610 MR: Zafar 6pts (4/5 Skybet) Won 610 MR: Saddlers Star 1pt (3/1 VCBet BOG) 2nd Stakes: 498.50pts Returns: 552.82pts Profit : 54.32pts R.O.I. : 10.8% Top Rated Stakes : 129 pts Returns: 121.69pts Loss : 7.31 pts R.O.I : -5.6%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 350 Southwell 92 Vacario, 91 Penyfan Dawn, 85 Pelennor Just the one race today and the three market leaders are the ones to concentrate on. Fav Vacario has questions to answer, has looked a bit temperamental in the past and last time out just didnt want to know, has the ability but wont carry my cash. Penyfan Dawn was ridden from the front last time over a longer trip, he seemed to travel ok but maybe just didnt stay as he's quickly put back to this trip, held up in the past but will be interesting to see forcing tactics here. Pelennor is an ineteresting runner with AP on board, used to be with Tim Vaughan but switched stables for his last run when second to Sacrilege, it was a very poor contest but set a strong pace until collared at the last. Maybe AP will be able to save a bit this time but the Vaughan stable should know where they are with this one. Of the rags Attrapeur looks a fair price on his 6th behind Mission Control and could improve enough to reach the frame if one of the main rivals throws in a bad one. Bets; 350 Sth: Pelennor 1pt (3/1 PP Bog) 350 Sth: Attrapeur 1pt EW (33/1 Boyles BOG)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up Vacario as feared ran another stinker and is clearly one to avoid just now, Penyfan Dawn is looking exposed and wish he had been sent on to make the pace as we havnt learnt much. Pelennor led the field and just didnt quite see out the trip but did settle ok. Two outsiders faought out the finish with High Tide getting the better of Attrapeur, both backed at big odds in the morning. Bets; 350 Sth: Pelennor 1pt (3/1 PP Bog) Lost 350 Sth: Attrapeur 1pt EW (33/1 Boyles BOG) 2nd Stakes: 501.50pts Returns: 560.42pts Profit : 58.92pts R.O.I. : 11.7% Top Rated Stakes : 130 pts Returns: 121.69pts Loss : 8.31 pts R.O.I : -6.6%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 610 Worcester 89 Quedillac, 87 Come West, 83 Always Bold Always Bold is the class act and very short priced fav here, he has been running on the flat since his two easy wins over hurdles and carries the double penalty, this is lacking depth and could carry the extra weight. Quedillac looks the danger, his run was at Cartmel and didnt look a good race but the form has held up well so he might be better than the average hurdler at this time of year. 810 Worcester 94 Alesandro Mantegna, 94 Ragdolliana, 90 Equity Release Pretty open looking race with the top three in the betting all having some sort of chance. Ragdolliana has been beaten by Rhinestone Ruby a couple of times and looked a non stayer to me last time while Alesandro Mantegna after a pleasing debut was put in his place at MRasen last time when beaten miles. Equity Release looks the one to concentrate on for me, things havnt gone quite right since his promising second at Towcester but has been contesting good class handicaps and this is much more his level. The Pipe horse Arctic Cape was a 70 rated horse on the flat and could be involved on his debut. Bets; 610 Wor: Always Bold 7pts (8/15 PP Bog) 610 Wor: Quedillac 1pt (11/4 SportingBet) 810 Wor: Equity Release 4pts (9/4 PP Bog)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up Disappointing day all round really, Always Bold was beaten by a debutant which we cant do much about, the winner looked very useful the way he battled back when passed. In the other race Equity Release made up lots of ground but had nothing left in the closing stages to be beaten by the Pipe debutant and the winner Lucky Dancer, she looks a nice type. Bets; 610 Wor: Always Bold 7pts (8/15 PP Bog)2nd 610 Wor: Quedillac 1pt (11/4 SportingBet)3rd 810 Wor: Equity Release 4pts (9/4 PP Bog) 3rd Stakes: 513.50pts Returns: 560.42pts Profit : 46.92pts R.O.I. : 9.1% Top Rated Stakes : 132 pts Returns: 121.69pts Loss :10.31 pts R.O.I : -7.8%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Just typed up all of todays ratings and reasons and lost the post, no time to rewrite so heres the basics. Top Rated 505 Font: Sacrilege 415 Str: Rupestrian 520 Str: Breeze Out Bets; 415 Str: Lay Rupestrian 3pts (1.79 BF) 520 Str: Lay Billie Magern 2pts (2.98 BF) 520 Str: 2pts EW Mumbles Pier (10/1 VCBet bog) 505 Fon: 4pts Black Jacari (6/4 PP Bog) 505 Fon: 1pt Scarilege (2/1 Bet365 BOG)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up All started off well with Rupestrian getting beat at 4/7, didnt look straight forward last time and seemed to sulk and then run on again. The winner has improved for front running tactics but is no great shakes. Billie Magern won well enough, pity the fav Bulwark fell but Mumbles Pier stayed on well for the EW money and is improving. Black Jacari looked a moody sort, not for the first time and has to be avoided now, Scarilege is also quirky and won on sufference in a poor race. Bets; 415 Str: Lay Rupestrian 3pts (1.79 BF) Won 520 Str: Lay Billie Magern 2pts (2.98 BF) Lost 520 Str: 2pts EW Mumbles Pier (10/1 VCBet bog) 2nd 505 Fon: 4pts Black Jacari (6/4 PP Bog) Lost 505 Fon: 1pt Scarilege (2/1 Bet365 BOG) Won Stakes: 527.50pts Returns: 569.31pts Profit : 41.81pts R.O.I. : 7.9% Top Rated Stakes : 135 pts Returns: 124.44pts Loss :10.56 pts R.O.I : -7.8%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 I'm down in London all day Saturday so need to get these up early. 2.00 Newton Abbot: 87 Barizan (only one rated) 3yo hurdle that has hardly any form to go on apart from the likely hotpot Barizan, he disappointed on his second run so wouldnt want to be putting the mortgage on at skinny prices. Gaily Noble was rated in the 80's on the flat so could be dangerous along with Tim Vaughan's runner Gulf President. 500 Market Rasen 93 Strikemaster, 90 True Brittania, 57 Zepnove Another 3yo race and two with form to concentrate on. True Brittania has been busy with three placed efforts already this season and seems a solid type of horse, just lacks that turn of foot and should be placed once again. Strikemaster ran second on his debut over C/D and has been doing well on the flat since and should improve. What A Day and Highland River (fell on debut) are the best alternatives. 530 Market Rasen 88 Crosby Jemma, 87 Zafar, 69 Nephin Lad (NR) Zafar carries a massive weight here but has been impressive with three wins already, on the weights it should be close between him and Crosby Jemma but you just have to think Zafar hasnt stopped improving yet while Jemma is a second season novice and had plenty of chances. Nephin Lad ran ok last time in a 14k race in Ireland and has to be respected. Bets; Have to take BF odds now as not around in morning 530 MR: Zafar 5pts (2.1 Betfair) 1.84 after Red. 530 MR: Nephin Lad 1pt (6.0 Betfair) Non Runner 530 MR: Crosby Jemma 0.5pt (12.0 Betfair) 10.5 after Red.

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up Only just seen the races from yesterday and Zafar looked to have beaten by the weight, he ran ok but the winner looked quite impressive. Crosby Jemma ran well once again. Strikemaster was a NR in the 5.00 and that left the race for True Brittania who deserved her success, stablemate Zepnove was second at 25/1. At Newton Abbot Barizan won by a country mile, had shown temperament before but AP made his mind up from the off and never looked liked being caught. 530 MR: Zafar 5pts (2.1 Betfair) 1.84 after Red. Lost 530 MR: Nephin Lad 1pt (6.0 Betfair) Non Runner 530 MR: Crosby Jemma 0.5pt (12.0 Betfair) 10.5 after Red. 2nd Stakes: 533.00pts Returns: 569.31pts Profit : 36.31pts R.O.I. : 6.8% Top Rated Stakes : 138 pts Returns: 129.57pts Loss :8.43 pts R.O.I : -6.1%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 200 Newton Abbot 92 Levantine, 86 Mission Control, 84 Occaisionally Yours Top rated Levantine is perhaps flattered by his third which gained the rating, finishing so close to Civil Servant was a good run but this one did run yesterday and was beaten miles. Winner last time Mission Control should be too good for these. 400 Newton Abbot 90 Equity Release, 88 Sagredo, 88 Saddlers Star Good race this one and not much between the front three in the betting although I wouldnt want to be backing Saddlers Star at the moment, he has had many chances and a place bet is probably the way to go with him. Sagredo ran in much better company last season without winning and last time ran well in a handicap so is knocking on the door and will be therabouts while Equity Release ran a nice race the other day and could come on for that pipe opener. Bets; 400 NA: Equity Release 3pts EW (4/1 Bets365 BOG)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up Mission Control won but seemed to make hard work of it and it goes to show these penalties are hard to carry now some decent horses are starting to run. In the other race Equity Release was disappointing, pulled too hard again and found nothing over the last two, maybe this was a bit quick after his last run? The fav ran poorly and is one to avoid and Saddlers Star fell two out when beaten. The winner Mouseen has improved since his break, this was the second good race he has ran but again will struggle to defy any penalty. Bets; 400 NA: Equity Release 3pts EW (4/1 Bets365 BOG)Lost Stakes: 539.00pts Returns: 569.31pts Profit : 30.31pts R.O.I. : 5.6% Top Rated Stakes : 140 pts Returns: 129.57pts Loss :10.43 pts R.O.I : -7.1%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 215 Sedgefield 100 Opatja, 79 Bijou Dan, 77 Par Avion Low key stuff here with very little form to go on, the fav Opatja stands out on her win at Newton Abbot over a previous winner, she then ran second at Perth and hasnt been seen since which is the only worry. She gets the sex allowance which gets rid of her penalty and will be hard to beat if fit. Bijou Dan may find a place but doesnt really stay over hurdles in my opinion. 345 Sedgefield 96 Come Back To Me, 89 Word Of Warning, 79 Desert Soul Interesting match up here between last weeks winner Word Of Warning who finally delivered after some good placed efforts, was left clear that day by a faller at the last, always travels supremely well and in his previous races he was considered a soft touch in the closing stages so it would have been intertresting to see if he would have given up or gone on to win anyway, he faces a tough nut here in Come Back To Me who wont go down without a fight. A good second to Wilamo last time is as good as anything on offer and recieves the weight too so is rightly a short price to get a deserved win. Bets; 345 Seg: Come Back To Me 6pts (8/11 Bet365BOG) 215 Seg: Opatja 8pts (8/11 Bet365BOG) 2pts Double (Bet365BOG)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up Nightmare of a day with the two Irish fav's being turned over. Opatja was never really looking like an odds on fav and found nothing in the home straight, for once Bijou Dan saw out the trip and may pick up a small handicap next. Opatja needs to be left alone for now after two poor runs. Come Back To Me should never have ran in my opinion, was very unsettled in the paddock, on the way down and at the start, when they jumped off she was left behind and was kicking and bucking on the way to the first hurdle, the horse never had a chance at any stage and anyone who was on I imagine quickly layed off any bets. The horse finished distressed and collapsed soon after, very sad. The winner Word Of Warning had little to beat and will find it tough now under a double penalty. Bets; 345 Seg: Come Back To Me 6pts (8/11 Bet365BOG) Lost 215 Seg: Opatja 8pts (8/11 Bet365BOG) Lost 2pts Double (Bet365BOG) Stakes: 555.00pts Returns: 569.31pts Profit : 14.31pts R.O.I. : 2.6% Top Rated Stakes : 142 pts Returns: 129.57pts Loss :12.43 pts R.O.I : -8.4%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 210 Ffos Las 92 Ballyvesey, 89 Wilamo, 88 House Of Bourbon Very competative race with half a dozen Irish raiders just to make it even more difficult. Not much between the four at the top who have all won a race but the one Irish horse without a penalty is Warcraft who could take advantage of the weight recieved. I like Wilamo, he showed real battling qualities last time and the one at the bottom Ballyvesey ran well here last time and recieves all the allowances. Victory Parade was quite impressive on his debut and could improve further. 455 Ffos Las 93 Cailin Na Ri, 88 Hot Oscar, 87 Quivvy Bridge Hot Oscar and Quivvy Bridge give the weight away to the frustrating Cailn Na Ri who keeps getting beat, Ruby Walsh takes the ride and maybe he can force the mare home. Quivvy Bridge was impressive at Stratford in a fair race and wont be easy to beat. Hot Oscar is in fine form beating a 21 runner field in a £10k race last time. Bets; 210 FL: Wilamo 1pt (11/1 VCBet Bog) 210 FL: Ballyvesey 1pt (12/1 Bet365 Bog) 210 FL: Victory Parade 1pt (12/1 Sportingbet) 455 FL: Quivvy Bridge 2pts (13/2 PP Bog)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up The first race went to the Irish with Carsonstown Lad, an improved effort, House Of Bourbon ran really well confirming his promise. Victory Parade ran a strange race and is one to keep an eye on. The other race also went over the sea with Just Moscow, came through smoothly to grab the fav and held off Quivvy Bridge who again ran well and upto her mark. Hot Oscar tried to lead them and Cailin Na Ra once again failed when fancied and is well exposed now, a handicap may be the answer. Bets; 210 FL: Wilamo 1pt (11/1 VCBet Bog) 210 FL: Ballyvesey 1pt (12/1 Bet365 Bog) 210 FL: Victory Parade 1pt (12/1 Sportingbet) 455 FL: Quivvy Bridge 2pts (13/2 PP Bog) Stakes: 560.00pts Returns: 569.31pts Profit : 9.31pts R.O.I. : 1.6% Top Rated Stakes : 144 pts Returns: 129.57pts Loss :14.43 pts R.O.I : -9.9%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 210 Cartmel 100 Romantic Bridge, 92 Major Payne, 82 Desert Soul Just posted this once and it vanished!! Anyway breifly I cant fancy Dunaskin or Benbane Head at the prices, none have recent hurdle form although both well regarded, one from the flat who hasnt lived up to his promise over hurdles yet and the other a bumper winner who ran ath the festival and yet to run over timber. I like the War Party form which Major Payne brings to the table, he ran well on his debut and must improve surely. Romantic Bridge is a nice sort who will like the trip and the ground and ran well in an handicap last time. Bets 210 CR: Romantic Bridge 5pts (9/2 Bet365BOG) 210 CR: Major Payne 4pts (5/1 Bet365BOG)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up Major Payne got mugged on the line after looking a clear winner going to the last, the winner battled on very well, a fine line between a big profit and not. Romantic Bridge got outpaced completely down the back straight and i'm not sure about that one now. Debutant and fav Benbene Head needs more experience before following. Bets 210 CR: Romantic Bridge 5pts (9/2 Bet365BOG) Lost 210 CR: Major Payne 4pts (5/1 Bet365BOG) 2nd Stakes: 569.00pts Returns: 569.31pts Profit : 0.31pts R.O.I. : 0.06% Top Rated Stakes : 145 pts Returns: 129.57pts Loss :15.43 pts R.O.I : -10.9%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 320 Huntingdon 92 Wester Ross, 88 Seader, 88 Duty Free Duty Free is becoming very frustrating and maybe his chance has gone now the better horses are coming out, the track may suit though. Seader ran a decent race on debut and could improve while Wester Ross makes his comeback after running in better races than this. The interesting one is Press The Button, if he can jump he could win this easily on his flat form. 355 Huntingdon 93 Penyfan Dawn, 90 Agente Romano, 84 Another Trump Penyfan Dawn is a bit like Duty Free in the other race, has had plenty of chances. Agente Romano looked the winner last time and folded quickly, his form is still good enough to win this type of race and the tarck will suit him. Jonjo runs Another Trump who has form over in Ireland and open to improvement. 220 Cartmel 93 Strikemaster, 91 Ravati Apt name for this race on what will be very soft ground, Strikemaster has been running well on the flat and put in a decent debut over hurdles and looks the one to beat. Ravati looks the only danger, his second at Rosscommon looks ok and was rated in the 60's on the flat. 440 Cartmel 94 Rockys Choice, 94 Spellchecker Another probable two horse race with Rockys Choice taking on Spellchecker. The former has been well backed a couple of times but hasnt really shown the aptitude to win while Spellchecker was disappointing when last seen but looked progressive before that. Both should go on the ground and maybe Rockys Choice can finally win a race with the 7lb allowance just edging it. Wor Rom has fair bumper form and could get involved if the other two try not to win. Bets; 320 Hun: Press The Button 2pts (11/4 Bet365BOG) 320 Hun: Wester Ross 1pt (7/1 Ladbrokes) 355 Hun: Agente Romano 4pts (11/4 Bet365BOG) 440 Car: Rockys Choice 4pts (5/4 VCBet Bog)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up Press The Button won well, took control in the home straight and was never in danger, one to follow. The second Wester Ross ran well and if he can improve his jumping should pick up a race. Duty Free was a disappointment once again. In the second race at Huntingdon the Jonjo trained Another Trump won well from Agente Romano who just lacked the pace of the winner in the straight, both are fair at this sort of level. At Cartmel the last hurdle was omitted leaving a massive long run in and Strikemaster needed it all in beating Ravati, not sure the form is that great though. In the other race Rockys Choice won easily with the second fav Spellchecker running a stinker for the second time and is best left alone. The winner had everything in his favour here so may not be such a good thing next time. A winning day so must be happy, not doing a lot wrong but this is still a learning curve for when the proper season starts in October, staking is the main concern, more savers would definitley cut down the losses as many of the winners lately have been the dangers to the selections, maybe dutching would work? Anyway thats all to be decided as we go on into September. Bets; 320 Hun: Press The Button 2pts (11/4 Bet365BOG) Won 320 Hun: Wester Ross 1pt (7/1 Ladbrokes) 2nd 355 Hun: Agente Romano 4pts (11/4 Bet365BOG) 2nd 440 Car: Rockys Choice 4pts (5/4 VCBet Bog) Won Stakes: 580.00pts Returns: 586.31pts Profit : 6.31pts R.O.I. : 1.08% Top Rated Stakes : 149 pts Returns: 132.67pts Loss :16.33 pts R.O.I : -10.9%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 210 Newton Abbot 88 Marsool, 62 Hallstatt, 61 Niceonefrankie Poor race with very average form on offer. Marsool will be fav but his second the other day wasnt that inspiring really, never in the race and ran on into second late on through beaten horses. Hallstatt was well thought of but didnt jump on his debut and could improve for that. The Pipe yard send out a debutant which could be anything just to confuse the issue. 340 Newton Abbot 90 Arctic Cape, 85 Lucky Dancer, 84 Kyoto Intriguing contest with a couple of decent horses being taken on by a highly rated yet quirky flat recruit in Dont Panic who has refused to race the last three times. Lucky Dancer beat Arctic Cape on their debuts, they were both impressive for different reasons and the penalty Lucky Dancer gets gives Arctic Cape the edge on bare figures. The winner made smooth headway and took control over the last while Arctic Cape never looked liked winning yet ran on really well when it was too late to snatch second, obviously the trainer thinks he can reverse the form. Of the others Kyoto could lead a long way and nick a place. Bets; 340 NA: Lucky Dancer 2pts EW (5/1 Bet365BOG) 210 NA: Hallstatt 1pt EW (6/1 Bet365BOG)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up Two fourths with the EW selections which just about sums up the days races. Marsool won nice enough in the opener and Niceonefrankie was overpriced at 20/1 for a place. Hallstatt ran better but will find it hard to win unless he jumps better. In the other race I was dissapointed in Lucky Dancer, just didnt seem to be the same horse than won at Worcester and will be interesting next time to see if this happens again. Arctic Cape had every chance but was well beaten by the Irish horse, their form seems to be a notch better at this time of year. Dont Panic got well behind but stayed on well and wouldnt be surprised if this one improved leaps and bounds. Bets; 340 NA: Lucky Dancer 2pts EW (5/1 Bet365BOG) Lost 210 NA: Hallstatt 1pt EW (6/1 Bet365BOG) Lost Stakes: 586.00pts Returns: 586.31pts Profit : 0.31pts R.O.I. : 0.08% Top Rated Stakes : 151 pts Returns: 134.92pts Loss :16.08 pts R.O.I : -10.6%

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 210 Hereford 83 True Brittania, 80 Witch Of The Wave, 79 Location A 3yo fillies race to kick off with and the consistant True Brittania sets the standard and gained a much desereved win last time, wont be easy with the penalty and wont be lumping on at short prices here. Witch Of The Wave ran on well at Stratford and finished close to Rupestrian, thats not bad form. Location was behind Forty Thirty but didnt settle that day while Diamond Dee was in the race Barizan beat True Brittania in at Bangor so could be closer today. 440 Hereford 92 Civil Servant, 90 Keilder Rise, 89 High Gales Could be yet another one for the Irish with High Gales looking a bit better than his rivals, his win last time was impressive and AP takes the ride. Civil Servant is consistant but not improvimg either and may want handicaps to get his nose in front. Bullwark was well backed last time when falling so could be the danger. A couple of bigger priced ones that could run well are Keilder Rise and Dunbrody House. Bets; 440 Her: High Gales 8pts (10/11 Bet365BOG) 440 Her: Bullwark 1pt (11/2 Skybet)

Re: NH Novice Watch 2009 Round Up True Brittania won well in the opener but it has to be said these were a moderate bunch of 3yos and the rest will struggle to make it pay this season. In the other race High Gales did the buisness with little trouble in the end, the runner up looked dangerous two out but found nothing. Civil Servant was beaten before the home turn and may have run below his mark. Bets; 440 Her: High Gales 8pts (10/11 Bet365BOG) Won 440 Her: Bullwark 1pt (11/2 Skybet) 3rd Stakes: 595.00pts Returns: 601.59pts Profit : 6.59 pts R.O.I. : 1.1% Top Rated Stakes : 153 pts Returns: 137.67pts Loss :15.33 pts R.O.I : -10.0%