glceud+Philossify+runadrum+borokp all win $13,000 WSOP Main Event Packages

mahtalj148

Re: glceud+Philossify+runadrum+borokp all win $13,000 WSOP Main Event Packages

e-sport......
I dont see what that has to do anything - regardless of how you view what he did, I dont think anyone can doubt the integrity and honesty with which he did it. There was no intent to break rules (or even be unsporting) and it's very very grey area as to whether he actually did break any rules - after considerable discussion, there's still a huge split of opinion on whether there was even anything wrong done......

• Replies 569
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

if anyone could add some pressure on Everest over the possible chip dumping and possible 20 year old player id be very grateful. it was my mate that came 24th and the chip dumping looked blatent to me and surely if this lad is only 20 then he isnt elligible unless he turns 21 this month. My friend' date=' "clementsg" isnt a seasoned player and doesnt really know what to do about this but would really appreciate some help getting the package he deserved, id feel really bad if missed out because we didnt follow up on these breaches of rules... how do the rest of you see it? does he have a case?[/quote'] It's a tough one because as has been said - any "soft playing" is going to be incredibly difficult to prove. I didn't see what happened which again makes it quite tough to comment on. If an underage player got in the prizes, then you would imagine all the prizes would be bumped up one. If he didnt get in the prizes, then I cannot see anything being done. I cannot see anything that the poker room can do other than disqualify him, which doesn't change anything. On a personal note, I'd "rise to the fight" whole heartedly in support of PL'rs who are clearly wronged, but I really haven't got the time to take on others battles as well - if your buddy wants the "union style support" that PL offers its members, then he needs to be a member of the union ;) I have no contacts at Everest, so cannot offer anything there.

I dont see what that has to do anything - regardless of how you view what he did' date=' I dont think anyone can doubt the integrity and honesty with which he did it. There was no intent to break rules (or even be unsporting) and it's very very grey as to whether he actually did break any rules - after considerable discussion, there's still a huge split on whether there was even anything wrong done......[/quote'] Yes theres been a lot of discussion regarding e-sport, even a reply from Alun in insidepoker this month, however chip dumping is chip dumping IMHO..... in both instances there may have been players who missed out on a prize/seat because of actions taken. Why should one be fought against and one looked past.

if anyone could add some pressure on Everest over the possible chip dumping
I seriously think this was a case of bad play because I think he is a bad player imo. He was limping into every pot when he didn't need to as he had over 60k and could have quite easily sat out and got a package. I don't think he knows about pot odds etc... The only thing that strikes me is that they are both from France which may be a bit suspicious. Did your friend not get $3k for finishing in 24th? :unsure

Yes theres been a lot of discussion regarding e-sport' date=' even a reply from Alun in insidepoker this month, however chip dumping is chip dumping IMHO..... in both instances there may have been players who missed out on a prize/seat because of actions taken. Why should one be fought against and one looked past.[/quote'] Because your view (and others) is that it was chip dumping. My view (and others) is that it was reasonable strategic play. There is no accepted evidence of chip dumping However - lets not derail this thread - if you want to carry on talking about it - I suggest you move these posts over to the relevent thread and we'll carry on there :ok

If an underage player got in the prizes' date=' then you would imagine all the prizes would be bumped up one. If he didnt get in the prizes, then I cannot see anything being done. I cannot see anything that the poker room can do other than disqualify him, which doesn't change anything.[/quote'] I didn't notice his age when I looked at his profile - which I did 'cos I wondered if he was THE 'mad-marty' - but he did get into the prizes so that would seem fairly clear cut, unless, as you say Reeshah, that he is 21 later this month.

Re: glceud+Philossify+runadrum+borokp all win $13,000 WSOP Main Event Packages http://www.punterslounge.com/forum/f65/wsop-2008-tournament-dates-other-vegas-poker-tournaments-63330/ For those who qualified....come join the thread and post up your travel details so we can all meet for a drink or two in Vegas. Majority are staying in the MGM and there from end of June to beginning of July

Awww....shucks.......:$ You're welcome.... Oh wait. :loon Only joking. See you in Vegas!
:spank:spank:spank Sorry Alun, never meant to disparage IP (or PP) - these two magazines have been a godsend over the last couple of years and have (as I'vs said often before) repaid they're subscription fees 100's of times over (at least). definitely will see you in Vegas. :nana:nana:nana:nana

Re: glceud+Philossify+runadrum+borokp all win $13,000 WSOP Main Event Packages **** me!!! What a superb effort gents and I hope you all have a blast in Vegas. Congratulations. :clap :notworthy :clap :notworthy :clap :notworthy :clap :notworthy Alun, how does it feel when you get to make adults realise their dreams and feel like kids all over again?

Alun' date=' how does it feel when you get to make adults realise their dreams and feel like kids all over again?[/quote'] In all seriousness it feels f****ng great. The next best thing to playing. And cheers Phil, I was only joking mate.

Well done you four. How many does that mean we have taking part in the ME now?
Strider is the other, so that's 5 (so far) :ok RedFear and Uber have won side event packages :ok

Lol. Mine. I have to check for mistakes ;) Duncan - as they are one of the few sites that are buying you in directly they may well put you all in on the same day. I know Ladbrokes players are all on day 1c for example. I will ask my Everest contact on Monday what the score is.
That would be great Alun, thanks My thanks also to you and your team for the excellent value that is Inside Poker magazine. :cheers

Well done you four. How many does that mean we have taking part in the ME now?
Strider is the other, so that's 5 (so far) :ok RedFear and Uber have won side event packages :ok
When I bought myself into the game in Bolton yesterday Avon insisted on following suit - so watch this space and those flying pigs ;)

Re: glceud+Philossify+runadrum+borokp all win $13,000 WSOP Main Event Packages So Runadrum wins another package into another major event which is on at silly oclock UK time, great another week with out any sleep as we all follow it on pokernews.;) Congratulations to all, I hope you have a great ( and profitable ) time.:clap:hope

Re: glceud+Philossify+runadrum+borokp all win $13,000 WSOP Main Event Packages Its 3:56am and suprise suprise I can't sleep - I'm like a 3 year old who's overdosed on blue smarties :rollin. This for me is the equivalent of Eastleigh FC (Blue Square South) making it to the third round of the FA cup. Of course I hadn't realised that Event 54 of the WSOP, although it starts on July 3rd can potentially go on till 14th July or so .... and then you get to return in November, So although $3000 expenses sounds a lot, it ain't as much as you think. The way I'm figuring it is that I add this $3000 to my ongoing yearly winnings (which makes me look very profitable by my meagre standards) and then fund a holidayto Vegas starting around 28th/29th June with a flight back on the 14th July. Good job I'm free off any work committments! If I'm still in by the 14th July then I won't mind buying another ticket (probably first class !!!!) because I'll be winning quite a lot of money. If I get knocked out early then I'll probably hire a car and go visit San Francisco via way of Death Valley - I did actually consider getting to Vegas via way of plane to Chicago and hire car to Vegas and back, Google maps thinks I'm Lewis Hamilton as it says you can do that trip in 1 day 1 hour (1700+ miles). With Gas at over $4 gallon it starts to work out more expensive than taking a plane. the whole way. Of course going back to the football analogy, still being in by July 14th would be like Eastleigh getting through to the FA Cup semifinals and playing against the likes of Liverpool (although Liverpool haven't made it that far for the last couuple of years). So, although I go with ambitions of bringing back some dosh I have to temper that with a bit of reality. The opposition have got to be scared of us though, because having got to the WSOP for nothing we have nothing to lose!!! I was making up one of those "50 Things to do before you die" and getting to the WSOP was on there, So thats one ticked off .... Anyone know what happens next - do we get instructions from Everest to report somewhere before the kickoff (and then get told whether we are !A,!B,!C or !D) and get a T-Shirt/Baseball cap to advertise for them - I'll be taking my PL shirt just in case. :beer:beer:beer

Re: glceud+Philossify+runadrum+borokp all win $13,000 WSOP Main Event Packages Well done guys.:) I went to Vegas a couple of months ago and it was awesome.Would love to be there when the WSOP is on.The atmosphere will be electric. Enjoy your trip and bring back the dough.