• Yes ill play both events
    • Yes ill play the Holdem
    • Yes ill play the Omaha
    • No, I will not be attending

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PL WSOP at Dusk Til Dawn sponsored by Stan James Poker 27th Sept, Already home. Its not the same when you cant have a pint or 12 due to being oncall. Good to see so many people there tonight, hope you all have / had a good night. I lasted all of 2 levels, playing about 12 hands in that time and losing the majority of them, lost with AJ, A9s, folded AQ twice and eventually ran KK into AA, my best hand was 56o Congrats to Bri on his PLO braclet win and thanks to Gra and Andy for arranging it

Re: PL WSOP at Dusk Til Dawn sponsored by Stan James Poker 27th Sept, The Hold'em final table is currently running..... we have 8 players left after I just went out in 9th when I ran AQ into Rosco's AK. The players remianing are: Col_U Rosco, Heniek (his 2nd ft for today after finishing 3rd in the Omaha :clap) AA_Hall, Valiant, Fenners, Collette (the rep from stan james) is also on the ft with a big chip lead, with rosco probs 2nd in chips at the moment.

Re: PL WSOP at Dusk Til Dawn sponsored by Stan James Poker 27th Sept, Very enjoyable Day/Night - Thanks to Gra/Andy for all the hardwork organising everything.:clap And a pleasure to meet, in person, all the members of the forum, I had only manage to insult online before.:tongue2 Personal highlight Pokerwise was making the final table of the PLO - and on the flipside the worst was my demise in the NLHE, when frustrated by lack of hands and being constantly having my blinds raised, I took a stand with A7 and raised into Aces !!:puke I'll elaborate more on the day in my blog (at some point) Brian 'WASP' won the PLO Bracelet:notworthy - although he kindly gave the First Place prizemoney to Steve'HappyHornet' who finished 2nd. Apparently he only wanted the bragging rights and the lovely Yellow hoody :eyes:eyes

Re: PL WSOP at Dusk Til Dawn sponsored by Stan James Poker 27th Sept, Great weekend. Big thanks to all involved. :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy Congrats to Bri and Fenners on winning the two events and to all who cashed. :clap:clap:clap It was great fun and all played in true PL spirit.....Jack Daniels I believe, the most poplar ;) Was fantastic to meet everyone and finally be able to put faces to the names, Bring on the next one..:nana:nana:nana

Re: PL WSOP at Dusk Til Dawn sponsored by Stan James Poker 27th Sept,

Shame about the McDonalds exploits (though I shall leave that for Eric or Ben to elaborate on!)
yeah no f**king happy meals in nottingham:@ got back to the hotel at about 4.30 on sat night/sun morning and noticed a 24 hour mcds next to the hotel:nanaso me ,myrie ,gal,morls and gaz walked round. resteraunt itself wasn't open but the drive thru was. walked up to the window and the girl says i can't serve you, you aren't in a car.after our best red dwarf we're in a car impression she still wouldn't serve us:eyes luckily i had only had 2 beers early in the night so i went and got my car from next door and drove the 50 yards to mcd's:tongue2 back and the window and the girl still wasnt loving it:wall i ordered my food and the other guys had already told them what they wanted, but she said no you have to order it from the car:wall:lol after all trying to get in a 4 seater and eventually managing to order the food ,we drove back to the hotel car park to dish out everyones order and guess what she missed half of it:wall:wall:wall:wallby then i really couldn't be arsed to go back again:\ great event tho even though i played crap and had very little luck. well done to morls, mr v, stan james(even tho collette took me out of the holdem,along with nearly everyone else)and everyone at dtd:clap:clap well done morls (or was it hen:lol:lol)for the win on friday :clap:clap he was playing so well the other guy quit on the hu when he still had about a quarter of the chips left;) and well done brian and fenner:clap:clap:clap see i told you brian pl is definately better:lol

Re: PL WSOP at Dusk Til Dawn sponsored by Stan James Poker 27th Sept, The top 3 in each event were as follows: In the Omaha: 1st: WASP 2nd: HappyHornet 3rd: Heniek In the Hold'em: 1st: Fenners 2nd: Collette (stan james rep) 3rd: Valiant Very well done to those guys (and gals) and also everyone else who cashed and made the ft's! :clap I think everyone will agree that this was an amazing success and a big big well done to morls for putting so much hard work into organising this and coming up with such a good idea in the first place! :notworthy Also, a big thank you to Mr V for all the hard work put in. :clap The stan james shirts are superb and will be treasured by all members I'm sure! Personally, I had a fantastic day, it was so nice to meet so many PLers and put faces to names. Both games were played in fantastic spirit as usual and there was some cracking banter going on, I don't think I've laughed so much in my life!! Again, many thanks for making this happen and hopefully the next one is just round the corner! :hope P.S. You may have noticed me going round with the camera thorughout the day..... hopefully I will get this sorted onto the net tonight, there is some cracking footage!!

Re: PL WSOP at Dusk Til Dawn sponsored by Stan James Poker 27th Sept, Big thanks to all out there who made my first pl live event so memorable (in a good way). Hopefully, now i've put some faces to the names i'll be trying to get to some more live beer fests .. ahem .. poker games. Thanks again and well done Fenners and Brian .

Re: PL WSOP at Dusk Til Dawn sponsored by Stan James Poker 27th Sept, Wow, what a fantastic day. Thanks to Stan James (mmmmm. Colette, we'll get onto THAT hand later!!) and Simon and everyone at DTD.:clap Huge thanks to Graeme and Andy for organising everything:notworthy. Great job guys. It was fantastic to finally meet the faces behind the online alter-ego's. I didn't quite get round to meeting everybody due to an unforeseen Omaha final table:eyes..but there will be a next time. As for the play, I was a little late to the HoldEm game, but didnt catch a hand for ages. Finally, I got started and got to the last two tables.Slightly short I pushed with KQs and Colette called from the BB with the monster;) that is Q3o. For the first time all day, I was stuck for words when the 3 hit on the river!!:sad. Well done Fenners for winning the title:clap The Omaha was an altogether different beast. Doing well on my original table, I got moved to another table and on the right of a bloke called Brian.:tongue2. He talks....a lot...all the time...incessantly...no respite...ever...and he is fu**ing hilarious:lol. Bloody awful to have on your left, mind you. Somehow, I was still in on the FT when Bri and Hen went all in, and all of a sudden, I was Heads-up. With the NLHE tourney long since underway, Bri and I did a deal. He took the title as he had a 2-1 chip lead and he would have won anyway, he was playing very well.:clap The deal he offered was way too generous, and I thank you Bri:notworthy, it was a true gentlemanly act. Thanks mate. Great day, guys and gals, lets do it again soon. Steve

Re: PL WSOP at Dusk Til Dawn sponsored by Stan James Poker 27th Sept, Had a cool time, played well in the omaha but drank too much without eating anything all day so i was pretty much asleep from 9 onwards until i was finally had time to order! but then i was uber shortstacked anyways. The play was really good, bur pretty tough on me having the maniac AAHall on my left in both tourns ;) . Uber highlight was making the omaha final table, i had a JD on the rocks to celebrate, didn't help my HoldEm game later though lol as i couldn't focus at all. I got massively donked out of that though after a horror call from the one and only. Everyone i spoke to was really nice and appreciate all the drunken kind words i received . Shame we couldn't talk in any depth about poker hands TBH there was barely any time at all with all the tourns going on then everyone was smashed anyways :lol Would hav stayed till the end but i felt real ill and asleep, in fact i had to go that quick i forgot to pick me jacket up from behind the desk, that'll be a fun trip back, will ring em before hand though :eyes. Look forward to future tourns, thanks to the people that organised it was very well organised and was a great venue IMO. P.S. you lot are very tough to play live :sad :lol.

Re: PL WSOP at Dusk Til Dawn sponsored by Stan James Poker 27th Sept, What a fantastic club DTD is. :clap:clap:clap I love it there. Please, please, pretty please, can we go back there next year? Firstly, many thanks to Mr V and Morls for arranging this all for us, you really are two diamonds. :notworthy The highlights for me were: 1. For the first time ever going deeper in a PL live event than Mrs_ColU (that's a monkey off my back). 2. Getting my beer off Spurman. ;) 3. Making it all the way to the FT. 4. Whilst at the FT having fenners offering to swop me 10% equity in each other. I nearly ripped his hand off in my enthusiasm to accept. There aren't too many better +ev situations than that. :ok I would also add that having fenners making such an offer was a real boost to my ego. fenners is ten times the player that I will ever be. Him offering me such a deal was a tremendous complement. I'm sure it was not in any way affected by the fact that he was as pissed as a fart. :rollin 5. Meeting all of you once again, new and old. You really are a very special group of people. Knowing you all enriches my life. Up the U's.

Re: PL WSOP at Dusk Til Dawn sponsored by Stan James Poker 27th Sept, First and foremost I would like to thank morlspin & mrV for all the time & effort spent on making the weekend a brilliant time. :clap:clap :notworthy:notworthy My weekend at DTD started with Benn picking me up around 2 on the Friday and we got to Nottingham around 5. Met up with the usual suspects at the hotel and met for the 1st time, Warbirds and Myre16. Had a beer & something to eat then made our way to DTD. DTD is awesome and I hope they decide to open a place down this end of the country!. :hope I had signed up online beforehand and sailed through the membership with out and problems, famous last words, not even asked for photo ID, just showed my driving licence (old type with no photo) and all sorted. :ok A few of the others signed into the £75+£10 freezeout while I had a wander round and soaked up the atmosphere. Around 8 the players were being called to the tables for the tourney to begin. I on the other hand went outside for a cigarette and came back to morlspin telling me to look at the screen as my name was down for the tourney and hurry up and get my seat. I asked who the mystery backer was as I didn’t want to play as the buy in was a bit steep for me. Morl swore he didn’t know who it was but insisted I played so I took “my” seat. About 10 minutes later a pitboss came over and asked me to confirm my name then went away. :unsure The standard of play was very good and I felt a bit out of my depth but in the end thought fcuk it, I hadn’t paid for this so I relaxed and got stuck in. :lol I managed to keep going, stealing a few blinds and winning a few hands. Next thing I know it’s down to 2 tables but I hadn’t managed to get past 10k, playing a bit too tight and managing to steal 1 lot of blinds & antes every circuit, all the time the line from the Rocky films running through my head (Eye of the tiger) “Just a man and his will to survive” :lol Just after the 2nd break another pitboss came over and asked for my membership card as he needed to check it. He came back and I asked if there was a problem. He said that everything is ok as there was a bit of confusion but it was all sorted now (alarm bells ringing). :unsure:unsure By now there were 11 players left and I managed to take out the guy 2 from my right when he called (I think) my 100th all in push for the night. That made 10 players left and felt elated that I had made the FT until I realised that they were 9 seater tables. :wall A few hands later I am on the BB with Ad7d and the SB shoved as he had been crippled the hand before. The blinds were 1600/800 and as I had him well covered I called. He was holding KcJc The flop came down D D A, morlspin came over and commented that as I had the flush draw and top pair I was a massive fav to win the hand and take him out. The turn was a Q and just before the river morl uttered the now immortal words “only a 10 can save him” and the river was???? A fcuking 10. :@ :wall :cry:lol A couple of hands later the guy called my all in shove and took me out. :\ I thought I played a good solid game but on reflection I played a bit too tight and had tried to loosen up but every time I had a hand that I could push with somebody else beat me to it. Had a leak then made my way to the smoking area only for the GM to stop me and asked how I got on, Then hit me with “There’s been a problem with your tournament entry” It turned out that when me and Dan (Spurman) were sorting our memberships we were issued with the same number. When Dan paid for the tourney MY name was entered and not his and that’s why my name was down to play. The GM said unfortunately as I had played I had to pay. I explained about how I thought me mates had payed for me to play. He was very good about it and let me off the fee. As you now know morl went on to win the event with teaulc coming 7th. :clap:clap :notworthy:notworthy By the time we left it was around 4am. The cab driver told us there was a McD’s near our hotel that was open 24/7 and as posted by ubermonkey, we proceeded to a very funny time there before going to bed. :rollin:rollin

TO BE CONTINUED

Re: PL WSOP at Dusk Til Dawn sponsored by Stan James Poker 27th Sept, Saturday morning was uneventful with a few more turning up at the hotel. A couple of beers around lunchtime and something to eat and off back to DTD for the big event.

I had only been there 10 minutes when I was approached by the GM who asked If he could have a word. I instantly replied “I’ve paid for this one” :lol After a chuckle he told me he felt bad about the night before as he said they were probably more at fault for the cockup over the membership and the tourney and offered me a personal valet with anything I wanted on him.

Oh dear…..I said he may live to regret that offer as I was feeling pretty thirsty. :loon :cheers:beer:cheers:beer

1st up was the PLO which I hadn’t played for a while and it took me a few hands, with some help from Karl (jonesy…thanks mate) to get going. Bri was in terrific form with the usual abuse to all and sundry with Mole giving back as good as he got. :D

One of the pit bosses saw how Mole was playing and offered to play him HU any game, any place, any where for ANY stake :eek. 8 cries of “I’ll stake you” and much laughter followed. I though I heard Mole decline as he only had 15k on him. :loon

As usual not a lot came my way but managed to make the final table and my personal valet was rushed off her feet and a wear mark appeared in the carpet between me and the bar. I seemed to remember giving her some money to buy a new pair of shoes when she finished her shift. :rollin

I was eventually knocked out in 5th by Heniek after me thinking he was bluffing after a very aggressive move only for him to turn over JJ to trip the board beat my AA. Well played mate. :clap

Oh and thanks for calling the clock on me Bri. :sad

It became a bit hazy after that and my valet disappeared for a while, (probably resting up as I was hitting 2nd gear) but I remembered being knocked out by Collette (who wasn’t? :\) and then thought I might as well have a drink. :beer

I think I played a couple of £20 SnG’s, well my wallet told me I had in the morning. :$

As I left around 3am with Heniek, who had played for 11 hours straight :notworthy after moving onto the NLH after coming 3rd in the PLO, I went to see the GM and thanked him for what he had done for me and offered to pay some money toward “the bill” he laughed and said it was ok but I think I got my £75 worth. :dude

All in all it was a fantastic time and once again want to thank Graeme and Andy for all the hard work organising a brilliant weekend and all of you for making it a very enjoyable time. :clap:clap

It was great to see you all and to meet a few more new faces and hope you will attend other events. :hope

One thing has come to mind writing this is when the Mole pushed all in the during the PLO and I called him only to cripple him for teaulc to knock him out and claim the bounty on his head. I admitted to him I only called as I had heard him say “ I dinna Ken what the fcuk I’m doing here”. Sorry mate. :$

I’m sure other things will come to me as I sit here and detox but you all had better watch out as I have got my love for poker back. Although I feel I am a better live player than online. I may even ask for the name Eric “The Survivor” McKie when I hit the WSOP main event next year. :rollin:rollin:rollin

Love you all E

Re: PL WSOP at Dusk Til Dawn sponsored by Stan James Poker 27th Sept, Thanks to PL and everyone involved in organising this :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap The PLO went well for me as you know, the first table with Mole was good fun (I think we had a warning 30 mins in :D) I only really gambled once but I like to do that against Jonesy ;) The FT was a little quieter as all the drunkards had been eliminated by now. My chips on the FT were only being threatened by Washy so I decided to play over him and my read was right :tongue2 My next problem was that I had that many chips I couldn't see my cards, so I thought the best strategy would be to just cry pot (and clock :tongue2) everytime it was my turn and it seemed to work. Once down to the final three, Hen was becoming more agressive and using his position well on me and Hornet was doing well building his stack. It was also going slow with the good structure and the NLHE had already started. I decided that the only way to win this was to go for broke on my next decent hand, it just happened that hornet went for a pee when my AJ99 DS arrived and Hen's good aggression meant that a couple of repots and he was all in and the 9's held :$. Well done to Hen for a good game and making two finals :notworthy By the time Hornet had returned from the loo we are heads up, I have 70% of the chips but it could have still gone on for an hour or more as the blinds were at 3000/1500 and Steve still had over 40000 left and we had already missed a level in the NLHE. So as I was desperate to just take the bracelet (just to see the look on Morls face) we did a deal :ok The best moment of the night for me was when trumpet boy announced me as the winner and I looked up to the NL tourney and there was a sea of heads sinking into their hands and I saw collective thought bubble over the room saying "Oh no!! anyone but him" :lol This was followed by the worse moment of the night as at the PLO FT I could hear a table in the NLHE where Mole and Eck were running riot. The TD then took me to my seat sat in between them two:loon. The usual dick waving poker ensued that progressed to bigger dick waving when morls, rosco and blatch joined the table and I didn't last very long but you can't win them all :dude Cash came next which was great as I sat at a table with £200 decided I needed the toliet bumped into an old mate got chatting for two hours and then forgot I had a seat. The card room manager asked me if this was a new tactic and I educated him on 0% rake and how I had just managed it. Watching mole, eck and washy sat at a table on their own was funny as nobody would play with them and when someone sat down they proceeded to stack them and despatch them :lol. Played a mad STT at one point and won that as well with some terrific power poker :ok. I then decided I'd had enough of poker and watched the FT of the NLHE. I've always been a big fan of the way Fenners plays and his command and control of that final table was outstanding and a well deserved victory :notworthy Next time I'm in York Fenners we'll have to go out in our yellow hoodies and bracelets and keep ringing morls up :lol Good to meet the newcomers to a PL event especially the guys who had come from Finland that is just amazing. I couldn't get a word to what Myrie was saying his accent was just to strong but Fred's command of the English language was perfect :ok All in all a good night and thanks again to everyone who helped organise it :ok

Re: PL WSOP at Dusk Til Dawn sponsored by Stan James Poker 27th Sept,

P.S. You may have noticed me going round with the camera thorughout the day..... hopefully I will get this sorted onto the net tonight, there is some cracking footage!!
A few technical problems mean I haven't been able to do this yet..... will hopefully get the footage up by Wednesday evening! :hope

Re: PL WSOP at Dusk Til Dawn sponsored by Stan James Poker 27th Sept, just got an e-mail from dtd and the PLWSOP is mentioned in the update:

Dear Gary Last Saturday we hosted the Punters Lounge World Series of Poker, sponsored by Stan James. All players were supplied with T-shirts and mementoes of the day as well as hoodies and gold bracelets for the winners of the PLO and No Limit events. The winner of the No Limit, Andrew Fenwick, also won a £1060 seat into our Anniversary Cup in December to go with his £966 first prize. The event was a great success and another one is already being planned for January.

Re: PL WSOP at Dusk Til Dawn sponsored by Stan James Poker 27th Sept, If you are having trouble displaying this email please click here

weekly_results_02.jpg
weekly_results_04.jpg
Username: ColUFC DTD Points: £0.00 Account Number: DE04223712 Dear David Last Saturday we hosted the Punters Lounge World Series of Poker, sponsored by Stan James. All players were supplied with T-shirts and mementoes of the day as well as hoodies and gold bracelets for the winners of the PLO and No Limit events. The winner of the No Limit, Andrew Fenwick, also won a £1060 seat into our Anniversary Cup in December to go with his £966 first prize. The event was a great success and another one is already being planned for January. Our very own poker host, Simon Trumper, played two PLO events last week. The first on Wednesday, the £5000 WSOP-E event, proved a struggle all day and he was unfortunately out in 5 levels. However, last night he played the £1000 PLO European Championship and, after an 11 hour slog, he finished 2nd, collecting £22,490! Read Simon's tournament report... THE DTD TEAM 321-ranking.gif We are very excited about our 321 Weekend which takes place on 3-5 October as it now qualifies as a European Ranking Event!! The new schedule runs over 3 days and you can still win a seat to the £300 Deepstack main event in our online satellites running this week. More Details... feefree.gif They say you never get anything for free but that's not the case at Dusk Till Dawn! From Wednesday 1st October, you can play in our live £25+£5 No Limit Freeze Out at the club for just £25 so NO FEE whatsoever! In order to qualify, you just need to have generated 50 MPPs in the last 48 hours by playing online at DTDPoker.com. Play Now...75sats.jpg Our Friday night £75+£10 No Limit Freezeout is a fantastic way to finish your week and you'll soon be able to win seats online! Starting from October 14th on DTDPoker.com and taking place every Tuesday at 8.45pm, we'll be running a £5 re-buy with 1 seat guaranteed - NO MINIMUM PLAYERS!! anncup_200.gif With our Anniversary Cup being such a special event, we think it's only fair that our players have as many ways as possible to win a seat. So from October 1st, we'll be running satellites with an entry fee of just 30 MPP's (earned within the last 24 hours) Tuesday - Sunday at 8.45pm with a last chance on Monday at 18.45pm. More Info...
results.gif
Wed 24th Sep £25+5 NLH FO 1. K Neale 2. L Wasiuta 3. Anon 4. V Zahiri 5. M Ahmed Full Result... Thur 25th Sep £50+5 NLH FO 1. N Marshall 2. W Ashraf 3. G Hill 4. J Bishop 5. C Ellinas Full Result... Fri 26th Sep £75+10 NLH FO 1. G Morl 2. J Ballantyne 3. M Russell 4. S Frew 5. C Ellinas Full Result... Sat 27th Sep £50+5 NLH FO 1. N Hicks 2. I Dennis 3. T Cao 4. J Wong 5. K Dowling Full Result... Sun 28th Sep £100+10 NLH FO 1. L Iacono 2. C Hoefkens 3. C Michael 4. M Russell 5. G Button Full Result... Sun 28th Sep £20+10 Scalps 1. R Jackson 2. K Akram 3. L Cox 4. H Olney 5. P Button Full Result...
thisweekstourney.gif tournaments290908.gif If you're arriving late, you can still buy in as an alternate/late registrant during the first two levels. This is only available if i) there is a free seat, or ii) a player has been knocked out of the tournament. photos.gif Check out all the action from last week in our photo gallery PG1-290908.jpgPG2-290908.jpgPG3-290908.jpg
starstrip.gif
dtdpoints.gif
reserve.gif
weekly_results_06.jpgweekly_results_07.jpgweekly_results_08.jpgweekly_results_10.jpg
weekly_results_11.jpg