** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

AINTREE THURS 3rd April

Re: AINTREE THURS 3rd April Some shortied I fancy tomorrow Kauto Star 4/6 not to be missed at imo and also this Binicular track should be ideal for this one tomorrow and should improve again around 7/4 maybe should be a super bet. Will have these two in a nice double. Interested to see how Group Captain runs tomorrow could be one to upset Franchoek.

Re: AINTREE THURS 3rd April Cracking card. I am going to work 1 hour earlier tomorrow. 6am uk time :eek And while you are sleeping I'll be scouting form and will definitely enjoy this 3 days of fantastic jump racing. After that, roll on the flat season :ok

Re: AINTREE THURS 3rd April 4.20 I have been waiting for LENNON to run in this, its last run behind Howle Hill was a decent effort when it just failed & had Andreas back in 7th. Its 2 wins at Aintree have come in very small fields but I am hopeful it has been laid out for this & doesnt have the Cheltenham run behind it unlike a number of these. Good / soft ground would be ideal as the horse has the following form on that ground 2-1-0-1-1-1-1-6, so a drop of rain overnight would help ease the ground slightly. Last years winner Bambi D'Lorme is a spring horse but is 7lb higher than when winning last year, the claimer takes that 7lb off but I would still be concerned that it may be vulnerable to the horses in better form. I dont think Andreas can win off this weight & it came to win the Grand Annual only to find nothing up the hill at Cheltenham.

Re: AINTREE THURS 3rd April 3.45 aintree fox hunters chase--katrino--won this race in 2005 and 2006,[christy beamish second],missed last yr due to injury been trained with this race in mind,goes well fresh,should be around the 6/1 mark,therefore i will have a small e/way bet

Re: AINTREE THURS 3rd April Backing mostly horses that run at Chelt which is a danger but :hope 2.00 Blazing Bailey 13/2 lad 12.5 pts e.w On recent Chelt. form with Inglis Drever its hard to see this one overturn it and indeed its last run it generally struggled to go with the pace at all and just stayed on into fourth. However Inglis Drever disappointed in this race last year, BB was behind that but only after a big mistake having travelled well enough and there is a suspicion that the great Inglis Drever is perhaps not the same horse at a flatter track like Aintree than Chelt. and despite 1 course win that is probably a reasonable suspicion. So one to take adavantage could be Blazing Bailey with the blinkers on first time, they should light him up that extra bit which perhaps was lacking at Chelt and if it runs his race than for me should be in the three at least. 2.35 Kauto Star 8/11 30 pts Has caused some debate following last run when second to the mighty Denman but even still that was a good run, ok perhaps not at his best but still at a level that would trouble many of these who KS seemingly holds, KS lost to Monets Garden first up but that was giving weight and routed it at Ascot laterly although Monets Garden undoubtedly thrives here albeit maybe over shorter, Our Vic put up a good performance lto but KS has always beaten it, it is a step up for Gungadu who has improved of late but I cant see challenging KS myself, Exotic Dancer was awesome in this last year and ran KS close in the Betfair but still has not beaten it and although ED will be better for the run in Gold Cup (awful record after a break) I still cant see it or anything beating Kauto Star, if he loses this then words of a 'decline' have to be put forward imo. 3.10 Binocular 7/4 var 25 pts Really impressed with this at chelt. Not easy for a younger horse to take on older horses but did it really well, travelling very well before just going down to captain cee bee, previous form pretty good too, especially Asc win with Crack Away Jack a long way behind, form at Kemp. perhaps not as impressive but at least showed battling qualities that day and the fact it still won encourages, Celestial Halo won Triumph pretty well from the front but in Binocular it might just have a speedier rival to repel and might struggle to do so. 3.45 Sonevafushi 10 pts e.w Dont know the exacts of many of these but I do know that this one was a fair handicapper for a while and indeed good enough to be in the GN last year and therefore has experience of vital fences, has come fresh after two recent wins, I think the trip is better than the longer GN distance for which it was always a doubtful stayer for, should have a decent ride. 4.20 Andreas 12.5 pts e.w Tough ask top of a handicap like this but this one has enough about him to suggest he can go close, has an element of class about him as he showed for instance with Chelt win last year and was going well in this last year, at Chelt this year just faded come the crunch, not quite seeing out the trip so return to easier track in that regard should help and off only one pound higher mark than race last year when going well. Leslingtaylor 15/2 bet3 bog 10 pts e.w The key here is the track, has shown likes the track and flatter tarcks in general, fair on the flat and over hurdles and showed fences no problem with easy win over Marodima which reads quite well as does Tidal Bay win, ok Tidal Bay jumped terribly and threw that race away but it still beat it and no one else has over fences, Chelt. disappointed but as I say track may have been against and also maybe ground that day. 5.30 County Zen 10 pts e.w Presumably Hobbs first choice ahead of Ring the boss who for me needs it softer, he disappointed at Chelt no doubt about it in coral cup. So needs forgiveness for that but before that had many solid runs in good handicaps such as behind Punjabi and Wingman even win before that and second to imsingingtheblues, 2 and a half miles I think is in its radar especially here and if he nearer to pre Chelt. form should go ok. Tot O Whiskey 10 pts e.w decent bumper performer, string of wins and showed fair hurdle ability in some decent races, lto in big race at San was third which is a good run and only penalised slightly for that, runs in race involving Backboard, hinton thunderbolt are fairly reasonable runs and should be able to give a decent account.

Re: AINTREE THURS 3rd April Inglis Drever 2.00 Aintree Only way I can see this losing is if it has an off day as there is nothing in the same class in opposition and that includes Blazing Bailey. That horse has been beaten by Inglis by 5l and 12 1/2l on last 2 runs, hard to see it reversing form even on this flatter course that is more of a speed test than stamina. I think Cheltenham suits Inglis Drever better but it ran with credit here behind Al Eile in 2005. Beaten a long way (22l) last year but never travelled and slight doubt over good going. Seemed in the form of its life last time out and hard to oppose again with nothing of the quality of Mighty Man in this field. 10pts WIN at 6-4 >Paddy Power Kauto Star 2.35 Aintree I had originally thought about backing Monets Garden but after looking at the form changed my mind as it has not won over 3m since 2005 and trainer seems concerned regarding ground, distance and class over the trip. Only real danger would be Exotic Dancer but how can you back that against Kauto Star??? That has run poorly all season and hard to see it finally getting the upper hand. I am slightly concerned with Kauto, not because it lost but because of how it ran and jumped at Cheltenham yet also feel it could run below form and still beat this lot. Losing to Denman is no shame and if this is back to form we will all be raving about it again being the best national hunt horse in training and calling for the Denman rematch. 10pts WIN 8-11 Ladbrokes Leslingtaylor 4.20 Aintree Many said Cheltenham would not suit and that may have been the case last run. Has won a listed chase here by 7l and was eased down. The form with Tidal Bay at Doncaster looks pretty good now considering that horses breathtaking performance in the Arkle. Quote:

He did it well our fella, he was a bit sketchy early on but he warmed to it well. Dry ground suits him and he wants an even faster pace. His next run will be in the Arkle and he would not be without a chance - he has got Flat tactical speed and he will go on top-of-the-ground. - John Quinn, trainer
I definitely consider it good enough to win a Grade 3 chase and with the different ground conditions and track hopefully in its favour I expect a big run today. The listed win at Aintree really caught my eye and made me note it and usually jumps well, only fall being at Cheltenham. 10pts EW at 15-2 Blue Square Franchoek 4.55 Aintree Really fancied this at Cheltenham and expect it to get compensation here. Gallops all day, has some group form over hurdles and should appreciate the longer trip. I respect Group Captain and know that is better than it showed last time out but don't expect it to beat Franchoek and feel the blinkers are a negative. There was plenty of confidence and plenty of disappointed punters last time out with Franchoek but it showed a game attitude and had been sweating in the paddock which won't have helped the cause. Stayed on strongly at Cheltenham in January and should keep up a good gallop over the extra few furlongs. 10pts WIN at 7-4 >PaddyPower Ring The Boss 5.30 Aintree Last 4 runs have seen it finish 8-2-6-1. The 8th and 6th were when Richard Johnson was on board. The 2nd and 1st were when TJ O'Brien was on board and he takes the ride today with Johnson opting for County Zen. Made rapid progression over hurdles and won at listed level. Jumps debut saw it 2nd to Kruguyrova (by a neck) in a Grade 2 which hasn't worked out badly as that was 2nd in the Arkle. This also run in that race but you would not think so as it was never put into contention and it may not be quite Grade 1 class but back at listed level has to have a definite each way shout at around 16-1. I think it is better than it showed last time out, could still improve over fences and jumped well on debut. 5pts EW at 16-1 >PaddyPower

Re: AINTREE THURS 3rd April 2.00 I know Inglis Drever has disappointed here on his last three attempts but I believe he is better now that he has ever been. Aintree probably doesn't suit as much as other courses but I believe his class with carry him through. The going is probably quicker than ideal but again I can't see anything in the race to make a case for. I'd back a 75% fit Inglis Drever here, if you get my meaning. He should be shorter, I make him probably 4/5 despite the negatives so he is a betting proposition. He sometimes hits a flat spot in his races and has to be urged along earlier than expected. This has actually happened an all of his recent runs on good going. I'll be waiting and backing him in running in order to squeeze out that extra little bit of value. If he is travelling then I'll gladly take evens for example, after all that is above 'my price' for him. Inglis Drever 100% of stake 2.35 I'm taking on Kauto here, even before the Gold Cup, for me he hadn't looked as impressive this season as he has done in previous years. He has been niggled along in a few races and his jumping has been a little sketchier. I just think he has peaked already this season. Our Vic was really impressive at Cheltenham and if the blinds have a similar effect then he is overpriced. I love front runners around here and unlike last year, he'll get it totally his own way in front. He is massive price at 11 and there should be ample opportunity to lay in running in order to get a free bet, if you're not too greedy. I think Exotic Dancer travelled well in the Gold Cup and I still think there is another big race in him. The stats speak in favour of both Our Vic and Exotic Dancer. Our Vic 50% of stake 11 betfair Exotic Dancer 50% of stake 7.8 betfair 3.10 Although I'm a big believer in the trends for big jump meetings, I have to say that one stat for this particular race is misleading. Triumph Hurlde winners have a great record in this race. Of course they do, you'd have to be a top 4yo to win this. Binocular would normally have run in the Triumph, it shouldn't be a negative that he took on his elders. The stat to me is saying that you want a horse tried at the top level. Not many 4yo take the route Binocular took and it would be misleading to discount him due to THIS STAT. After all, has any 4yo that ran well in the Supreme Novice flopped in this race? Anyway, I'm not with Binocular, but for another reason - so maybe I've wasted yours and my time writing the above. :rollin Although I thought he ran an absolute cracker against his elders at Cheltenham, it's the stable that worries me. I've never been a fan of Nicky Henderson at Aintee. His record over the past five seasons is 5% (3/55) and if memory serves his record in earlier years was even worse. Many moons ago at the RP I rememeber seeing a stat showing a S/R of 0-80 at the festival, that was circa 2002. Also if you look at his record throughout April it doesn't look good; April 07 : 9% (3/33) April 06 : 10% (6/61) April 05 : 1.6% (1/60) April 04 : 14% (6/44) These figures are far inferior to those of other months from this usually consistent stable. Of course it doesn't mean he cannot have winners here, but perhaps it proves he doesn't train with Aintee in mind, he is usually there abouts at Cheltenham and perhaps his runners are a little over the top come April, after getting them spot on for March. That is basically my reasoning for opting for Celestial Halo. He is unbeaten against his own age group (like Binocular) and he looked classy in the Triumph - no surprise being a 100 horse on the level. They are joint favs so the negative I have for Binocular is enough for me to take 13/8 about the Nicholls runner. Celestial Halo 100% of stake 3.45 The first race over the big fences and I can't wait. The stats say you should side with the ex-handicappers and that is a tactic I've always used for this event. I always like front runners here, even more so over the big fences. I'm having a few on my side who fill both requisites. One of my favourite horses in training is Katarino. He has done me so many favours and he loves these fences. Hard to tell how much ability he still has though but I really don't want to leave home without him. However he can't be included on sentiment alone. Although this maybe a little sharp for Whitenzo these days, he is a fine jumper and he may just take to these fences. Is overpriced. Buckby Lane has had a few problems in the past but I was always a fan of him over rules. He was last seen three years ago and his form then was very decent, he looked a 140 chaser with a future. He has been pointing recently and is an interesting runner. Jumped Cheltenham as a novice and will hopefully enjoy these fences, although I understand they are very different. Sonevafushi in another who was decent in his day and he ran well for a long way in last year's National. He was front rank, jumping and running well until he hit a wall just before Becher's 2nd time around. He may want further though. Thisthatandtother ticks all the right boxes and was the best of all these before their Hunter/Pointing days. I'm hoping these fences bring out the best of him as he ran a stormer in last year's National. Even though the trip would've been much too far for him he was still bang there in the top 4 or 5 at the Melling Road. He was hampered at least once in the half mile prior to that too. You just can't get away from him in this and if it wasn't for his run LTO this would be my biggest bet of the meeting. Although I'm sweet on him, I'm having savers as he is vunerable to a finisher (more 2nd's than 1st's in his career). I don't think it is an ideal E/W race so backing more than one is the way to go. Thisthatandtother 60% of stake 5 betfair Buckby Lane 20% of stake 11 betfair Sonevafushi 15% of stake 14 betfair Whitenzo 5% of stake 19.5 betfair 4.20 My Petra in the Grand Annual was one of my biggest bets at Cheltenham so I've watched the race a few times. The two runners that took my eye were the 4th and 5th, Andreas and Almaydan. They went in the notebook as two that look likely to be winning soon. Andreas would've gone close last year off 1lb lower so must be there again as the Cheltenham run proved he was in good heart. I think both are value here. Andreas 35% of stake E/W 7/1 lads Almaydan 15% of stake E/W 20/1 bet365/power

Re: AINTREE THURS 3rd April Getting near the end of the jumps for me.Just this 3 day meeting 14.00 inglis drever a thoroughly reliable horse 15.10 binocular get the feeling he will beat celestial halo 15.45thisthatandtother good steady prep races to this 16.55 franchoek top jumper great race at chelthanam met a real speed bag

Re: AINTREE THURS 3rd April I am going for a near identical bet to one of my Cheltenham ones: 2.5pts TRIXIE on the following: 2.00 INGLIS DREVER - is the class act of the hurdles game, as we all know. Yes, he was poor in this race last year, but he ran another cracker at The Festival and I hope he gets up hear to finish his career off in style (surely he will be retired after this...?). Blazing Bailey is a danger, but Inglis Drever looks to be in top form, and can hold off any challenge BB may mount. 2.35 KAUTO STAR - Don't need to say much about him do I? He ran a cracker in the Gold Cup in my opinion. Take Denman out of that race and there would be no one questionning his form etc.He goes here in an attempt to win the Order of merit for the second year running, and can hold off Exotic Dancer yet again. I do think Kauto will run a big race here, and he has to be backed IMO. 3.10 BINOCULAR. Has the beating of Celestial Halo in my opinion. I don't think this trip will suit the Nicholls runner, looks to short. Binocular had decent pace on the flat, and I think that will come into play here. A fiarly short price, but this looks set to be a two horse race, and Binocular should do his rival for pace here.

Re: AINTREE THURS 3rd April I'm taking tips of you guys today for this one. I've yankee'd Inglis Drever (5/4), Kauto Star (4/6), Leslingtaylor (7/1) and Franchoek (SP). My own tip is Ballyfitz to place in the 2.00 (6.4 Betfair). No problem with ground or trip and won a listed race at Cheltenham at big odds last time out to suggest there could still be more to come here. Didn't do great in graded company last time but may have improved for recent wins?

Re: AINTREE THURS 3rd April :nana What a great day to have a day off! 2.35 Aintree. Looking at the stats etc of this first race Im going against Kauto. I know he fits the trends but : a, Too short a price in a race with a poor record for 'favs' b,What ever was wrong in the GC Im not having it that it was down to just a day off. I hope it does bounce back to his peak but coupled with his short price Im willing to swerve him until I see him back to what he is capable of. I think Monets could run a good race at a decent price. He's been layed out for this and his course form alone makes him appealling. It seems that connections are umming and arring about ground etc so if he lines up and conncetions are happy then so am I.

Re: AINTREE THURS 3rd April But Carl, what WAS wrong on GC day? I don't think there was anything amiss to be honest. He got beaten by a far superior horse. He ran to form, according to ratings. Think back to the King George... I reckon we will see a performance to rival that today...

Re: AINTREE THURS 3rd April

But Carl, what WAS wrong on GC day? I don't think there was anything amiss to be honest. He got beaten by a far superior horse. He ran to form, according to ratings. Think back to the King George... I reckon we will see a performance to rival that today...
Not sure Alex, was it JUST a bad day at the office? as Ive said many times I think KS lost it rather than getting beat by a better horse. Not taking away anything from Denman as its a machine but I cant help wondering if we ran that race again with both horses fully fit etc then I think the outcome would be different, or at least not as one sided. I hope for the sake of racing and Nicholls that KS does the job today and does it well but at the price and stats for favs Im not touching it.

Re: AINTREE THURS 3rd April 2.00 - Inglis Drever @ 6/4 124425.gif People are trying to make a case for other horses, but the truth is they all have a lot of improvement to find to beat the champion. He had an off day last year, this could happen to every horse. He is in the form of his life and ground is far more testing than expected with the rain in the last days. A good pace is expected as well, so it will be a test of stamina rather than a late sprint. Even at the short 6/4 I consider it quite a good value. Evens is the right price for me. 2.45 - Exotic Dancer @ 6/1 44244.gif Our Vic and Monets Garden will struggle to stay imo and Gungadu is not up there in this class. Kauto has the beating of this lot, but I am taking him on. I just think Exotic Dancer will come here spot on after the gold cup. He was running great untill the late error and looked like a horse, who needed the run. Came very close to Kauto in the Betfair and was as close as 2 lenghts last year. He can find this here today, because Kauto looked vulnarable this season and I think connections run him here only beause of the prize. I am not quite sure Kauto will be at his best. He is still the best horse, but I will take my chances with Exotic, who is a very good value. Should be around 4/1 in my eyes. 3.10 - Can not separate Binocular and Celestial Halo. And I rate them both as no value. If one goes beyond 3/1 is worth trying. But no bet for me here. 4.20 - Leslingtailor - E/W @ 8/1 23704.gif Has been backed form 11's and I can see why. He was impressive at Aintree in his single run here and is a recent winnner against the mighty Tidal Bay. Yes, he was awfull at Chelters, but I think Aintree suites him far more and at 8/1 the e/w bet looks a good value. Stands the best chance along with Andreas and Lennon. Should be in the frame at least and horses with top-weight have a bad record in this race. 4.55 - Franchoek @ 2/1 20887.gif Receives weight from his main rivals and the more testing ground and the extended trip can see him prevail here. He was beaten by a very good Celestial Halo at Chelters, who has the better speed over 2m1f. Franchoek has run great this season and I can see him winning today. 5.30 - And I need to find something in the last for the placepot :ok

Re: AINTREE THURS 3rd April 5.30 John Smith's Handicap Hurdle (1) 2m 4f - 21 run Nr No5 Annie's Answer I have gone over the stats for this race from previous runnings and it makes for interesting reading. Since 1998: 2 x 5 yr olds have won 3 x 6 yr olds have won 3 x 7 yr olds have won 1 x 8 yr old 1 x 9 yr old Weight: 11st and above x 3 have won under 11st x 7 have won Favourites x 2 have won Previous runs before winning this: 3 x 1st 2 x 2nd 1 x 3rd 1 x 4th Based on the above stats I can get rid of: Trouble at Bay, Junior, Ring The Boss, Sporazene, County Zen, I'm So Lucky, Shatabadi, (too much weight) Peacock, Double Vodka, Auroras WelcomeGlacial Sunset, Palomar, Mohayer, Prince Ary, Hi Dancer, Gabier, (unplaced last run) Now i'm looking towards horses who have previously won or been placed at the distance or just over, proving their ability to stay as 8 previous winners in last 10 years had: Kingscape, Mr Benedictine, (not proved themselves to stay this far) This leaves: Gustavo @21.00 Bet365 Tot O'Whiskey @12.00 Bet 365 Pacha D'Oudairies @21.00 Bet365 3 nice each-way shots - i'll probably do reverse forecasts and tri-casts too! All proven over distance and also ground and come into the right age and weight bracket! :ok

Re: AINTREE THURS 3rd April 15.10 - BINOCULAR Even though nicky henderson has such a bad record here i feel that this horse will take exception. I believe that AP was not fully fit when he rode him at cheltenham. The fact that he beat sentry duty so easy and that horse beat celestial halo will be good enough today.!! 15pts win 16.55 - Group Captain 4/1 Really dissapointed at cheltenham with alan king saying he wasn't travelling well all the way round and still did really well to finish 5th. Will bounce back today with ground that will suit. 10pts win 17.30 - Junior 11/1 This is my best bet of the day, will be imrpoving from last run at cheltenham. cracking e/w price 5pts e/w

Re: AINTREE THURS 3rd April 3.45 KATARINO & SCOTS GREY I think Scots grey could run well at a price having won this last year.. 14/1 Katarino I think will take all the beating, the absence isnt a worry as he's won before with a 12 month gap. Injured in a point-to-point kept him from running last year but I think this old boy can show these young'uns a thing or too.:)

Re: AINTREE THURS 3rd April 4.20 MAGIC SKY ~ TRAMANTANO Horse's with a low weight do well in this ( first 3 home last year carried 10-2) and ages in double figures dont do well. Past Grand Annual runners do well. 1 31F-74 Andreas 20 P F Nicholls 75 8 11-12t 2 44-210 Wanango 20 T Stack 100 7 11-11 3 41-362 Lennon 61 J Howard Johnson 60 8 11-9 4 -518F3 Calatagan 20 J M Jefferson 14 9 11-4 5 6F421P Lord Henry 20 P J Hobbs 85 9 11-4 6 51284U Saintsaire 20 P F Nicholls 75 9 11-0b 7 -11721 Desert Quest 14 J R Gask 0 8 10-13b 8 151F10 Leslingtaylor 23 J J Quinn 0 6 10-11 9 49544P Bambi De L´Orme 20 Ian Williams 50 9 10-8 10 004-00 Greenhope 20 N J Henderson 44 10 10-7 11 512325 Almaydan 20 R Lee 100 10 10-6b 12 544339 Magic Sky 20 M F Harris 50 8 10-4b1 * 13 -45691 Marcel 33 P Monteith 50 8 10-2 14 -75312 Ela Re 12 Mrs S J Smith 44 9 10-1 15 -1d4712 Four Chimneys 26 P J Rothwell 50 7 10-0 16 2PP628 Tramantano 20 N A Twiston-Davies 47 9 10-0t * 17 151331 Dev 26 M G Quinlan — 8 10-0 18 0F3725 Stan 55 Miss Venetia Williams 60 9 10-0 * ran in the Grand Annual Magic Sky is 4lb lower than when 5th in this last year and he's 25/1 with blinkers on for the first time might give him an edge.

Re: AINTREE THURS 3rd April Looking for an EW yankee for a bit of interest ( I can't tip for toffee at the moment, so I'm not backing anything for a straight win bet ) 2.00 Lough Derg Keeps surprising us after flopping at Cheltenham, comes out somewhere else and wins a nice race. Grade 1 and grade 2 winner this season, he's a serious competitor away from Cheltenham. 2.35 Gungadu With Our Vic and Monet's dubious stayers and Kauto and Exotic Dacer coming off a hard race in the Gold Cup, the scene could be set for an upset here. This horse is going a well trod Nicholls route with his best horses..........win a big handicap off top weight before your mark gets too high........then take your place in the top races. 3.10 First Buddy I tipped this one up on here when he ran on the flat at Donny a couple of weeks ago. He finished like a train to take second. He's got a good turn of foot and is a fresh horse with only 3 outings this season 4.20 Desert Quest Another one I've tipped on here when he won last time out. He has a problem in that he idles in front and heeds to be held up till as late as possible. He hit the front way too early last time but still won, todays big field should suit him down to the ground. Improving novice - the stats tell us that's what you want in this race.

Event 2.00 Aintree
Selection Inglis Drever (Lay)
Strength 10/10
Date 03/04/2008
Bookmaker/Price Ladbrokes @ 2.10 (Lay)
Reasoning Going against the crowd here but I have to oppose Inglis at the price. Cheltenham suits the horse like a dream, he can handle hitting a flat spot because he has the Cheltenham hill to gain back the ground, but Aintree is different. A flat, galloping track could catch the World Hurdle winner out. If he hits a flat spot, the likelyhood is that the others will quicken away from him at a vital point in the race, leaving him with a lot of ground to make up. With no hill at the end, I expect a couple may get away from him.

Event 2.00 Aintree
Selection Blazing Bailey (Each-Way)
Strength 5/10
Date 03/04/2008
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 7.50 (Back)
Reasoning If, as expected, Inglis Drever doesnt run to form, I view one horse as a stand out bet to beat him, Blazing Bailey. He started the season poorly and looked a horse on decline, but he has now found form again and looks back to his best. Aintree is much more to the horses liking than Cheltenham and I think we can expect a much better performance than we did 3 weeks ago. He seems to revel in the softer going and that is something that he may have over favourite Inglis Drever, and he probably has more speed than the favourite, having won over a shorter distance. Taking all things into consideration, I would rather back Blazing Bailey than Inglis Drever at the prices.

Event 2.35 Aintree
Selection Kauto Star (BOG)
Strength 10/10
Date 03/04/2008
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 1.66 (Back)
Reasoning Despite flopping a little at Cheltenham, I believe Kauto Star can bounce back to form today. He faces nothing like the class of Denman, and before the Gold Cup he would have been closer to 2/5. He is proven in the Grade and is a very classy animal. The only horse better than him at the moment is Denman, and even that is disputable. Even if he has another off day today, I still expect him to get home in front. Admittedly he had a very hard race in the Gold Cup, but even when he runs flat he tries his heart out. He managed to finish a close up 2nd to Monets Garden on his seasonal bow when he wasnt fit and he battled on bravely to take 2nd in the Gold Cup, despite being a long way from his best> On these days he still managed to beat the rest of his rivals and I feel he should win today.

SportHorse Racing
Event420 Aintree
SelectionBambi de Lorme (Each-Way)
Strength3/10
Date03/04/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Bet365 @ 11.00 (Back)
Reasoning Last years winner should run well again after an unfortunate run at Cheltenham when he had to be pulled up after his saddle slipped. He is 7lb's higher than last year but has won off this mark before and looked like he was running into some kind of form prior to the Festival.
SportHorse Racing
Event420 Aintree
SelectionLeslingtaylor (Each-Way)
Strength5/10
Date03/04/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Paddy Power @ 8.00 (Back)
Reasoning I took a chance on this one at the Festival when going and track went against him at Cheltenham where he didnt run his race. Should be seen to better effect here with conditions back in his favour and with a flatter track likely to suit.
SportHorse Racing
Event455 Aintree
SelectionWhiteoak (Each-Way)
Strength5/10
Date03/04/2008
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 5.50 (Back)
ReasoningImproved for the step up to this distance at ther Festival and ran out an impressive winner. If matching that performance here then he should go close.

Event 3.10 Aintree
Selection Star of Angels (BOG) (Each-Way)
Strength 3/10
Date 03/04/2008
Bookmaker/Price Boylesports @ 17.00 (Back)
Reasoning This horse is clearly well thought of by the Pipe yard and his runners always have to be respected. He made an average debut in a poor race at Plumpton but was then stepped up in class to contest the Grade 1 Triumph hurdle at Cheltenham> He ran respectably that day and was a staying on 5th. I feel that he didnt have that hard of a race there and he may have a fitness advantage over Celestial Halo. At the price, I feel he is a good EW punt. He wont mind the going and he should be able to improve on his Cheltenham run.

Event 3.10 Aintree
Selection Celestial Halo
Strength 10/10
Date 03/04/2008
Bookmaker/Price Sportingbet @ 2.70 (Back)
Reasoning This horse is a speedy customer and Aintree should suit him down to the ground. He beat a well fancied Franchoek at Cheltenham and I expect him to improve on that. He didnt cover himself in glory when 2nd to Sentry Duty 2 outings ago but he came on a bundle to win the Triumph> He races over the same trip and has to be respected. I just hope that the race at Cheltenham didnt take too much out of him. He looks a decent horse in the making and I favour him over Binocular who had a hard race against older horses at Cheltenham> I expect Ruby Walsh to let the horse show its speed and with no hill, I cant see it being caught.