Charity Freeroll 30th March 2008 - 9PM BST Start

runadrum

Charity Freeroll 30th March 2008 - 9PM BST Start  

1. 1.

• Yes please, I have more than 100 posts
    • Yes please, I have less than 100 posts but I cheered you on
    • No thanks, but good luck with the game

Re: Charity Freeroll 30th March 2008

Anybody else get the email below? Hi Mr Punters lounge, My name is Peter Mgumbi, my father was Sir Richard Mgumbi KBE, a famous pokah player and recent winner of the Debrecen all-comers freeroll. As a result of winning this pressedtigious competition $37,000,000 was transferred to my fathers account in the Royal Bank of Lagos. Unfortuantely before he could release these funds my father pissed away and the bank refuses to transfer the money to myself as gambling winnings are not considered part orf a deceased estate under Nigerian law. However, the bank will permit the transfer of the monies to charitable work and have authrised me to distribute this money. Therefore I propose to add the $35M dollars as prize money to your freeroll. I feel my father would have aprooved of this as he had great respect for your esteamed forum even thow a missunderstanding prevented him playing in many of your freerolls. In order to fasillytate transfer of the money, a small handling charge is required by the solicitors of my fathers estate. If you can send 17000 Nigerian dollars (approximately £2795 by federal expresso to Mr Katchem, Katchen&Co, Loosers St,Lagos , Nigeria, LA5 TUC, then the $37Million will be transferred into the control of Punters Lounge to be used in your forthcoming freeroll. As a final tribute to my late fathers memory, may I have the password to this freeroll. If I win I intend to donate the money to the Centre for Illiterates in Lagos (Nigerian Charity No. 175681) which is setting up a support center and Internet cafe for poor Nigerians to practice there English skills by e-maleing british peoples. I thank you much for this opportunity, may god bless you. Peter Mgumbi.
Best spam I have seen yet for trying to get a password! Oh, and the £2795 probably wouldn't go amiss either. I'm afraid it looks like a spoof e-mail to me. Shame... £20MILLION would be one heck of a freeroll! :dude

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why am I always seen as the subversive :lol
Honestly, it was just that the 4 of you were on the list of being logged in since I sent the password out. But I'm giving away information of my secret Hawkeye powers now. :lol

Anybody else get the email below? Hi Mr Punters lounge, My name is Peter Mgumbi, my father was Sir Richard Mgumbi KBE, a famous pokah player and recent winner of the Debrecen all-comers freeroll. As a result of winning this pressedtigious competition $37,000,000 was transferred to my fathers account in the Royal Bank of Lagos. Unfortuantely before he could release these funds my father pissed away and the bank refuses to transfer the money to myself as gambling winnings are not considered part orf a deceased estate under Nigerian law. However, the bank will permit the transfer of the monies to charitable work and have authrised me to distribute this money. Therefore I propose to add the $35M dollars as prize money to your freeroll. I feel my father would have aprooved of this as he had great respect for your esteamed forum even thow a missunderstanding prevented him playing in many of your freerolls. In order to fasillytate transfer of the money, a small handling charge is required by the solicitors of my fathers estate. If you can send 17000 Nigerian dollars (approximately £2795 by federal expresso to Mr Katchem, Katchen&Co, Loosers St,Lagos , Nigeria, LA5 TUC, then the $37Million will be transferred into the control of Punters Lounge to be used in your forthcoming freeroll. As a final tribute to my late fathers memory, may I have the password to this freeroll. If I win I intend to donate the money to the Centre for Illiterates in Lagos (Nigerian Charity No. 175681) which is setting up a support center and Internet cafe for poor Nigerians to practice there English skills by e-maleing british peoples. I thank you much for this opportunity, may god bless you. Peter Mgumbi.
:rollin:rollin:rollin Poor Peter, his Dad has PISSED away. Cirrhosis of the liver maybe?? :unsure

Hi Guys Just wondering is there a certain criteria for this TOURNAMENT cause would like to play aswell:ok :clap
Hi - the 'criteria' is at the very end of the first post of this thread. I had no hesitation in offering the full 10% of my unexpected Aussie Millions winnings, having made that 'promise' in April 2007, but in view of the amount involved have chosen to restrict the freeroll to the longer standing members of the forum (100 posts at the time of my post being an arbitrary guideline). The flexibility I had in mind (if it was needed) was towards the 18 members who can be seen to be supporting me (in the thread in 'Poker Live') at 1.30am UK time at what was the beginning of the end for me in Australia. I appreciate the money will go nowhere near the pockets of the individual players and one person's chosen charity is unlikely to be any less worthy than another's, but (again) I would like those choices to be made by the longer standing members of the forum. I'm afraid some of my principles can be a bit strange but they are why the £3k is on offer. :ok

Re: Charity Freeroll 30th March 2008 I've entered at asjohnstone, I was certainly on the thread at 01:30am supporting you, although it was 3:30pm for me and I was at work. Therefore I think I meet the criteria to enter :unsure

I've entered at asjohnstone, I was certainly on the thread at 01:30am supporting you, although it was 3:30pm for me and I was at work. Therefore I think I meet the criteria to enter :unsure
Concentrate on the join date of January 2002 and over 8000 posts and you don't need to worry ! :ok

Re: Charity Freeroll 30th March 2008 I'm playing for Naomi House which primarily runs a hospice for children with life threatening and terminal illnesses. http://www.naomihouse.org.uk/ Heres to a good game and may the best charity win. The advantage of this game is that whoever wins everyone wins - nice one :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:clap:clap:clap

Re: Charity Freeroll 30th March 2008 :clap:clap:clap What a fantastic gesture :clap:clap:clap I would love to take part if its not too late :hope I would donate to this charity: http://www.jtsma.org.uk/ Thats is if i won anything lol, but this charity is close to my heart as my little sisters baby Dylan was affected by Spinal Mustcular Atrophy and was only with us a few short months. Hopefully in the future they will find a cure for this condition :hope

Re: Charity Freeroll 30th March 2008 - 9PM BST Start

Hi How can I take part in this freeroll? What do I have to do to get a password?
Great Idea. Good Luck. I'd have a crack at it for my local hospice if I knew the password.
:welcome It will need to be next year guys if you stick around :ok