Charity Freeroll 30th March 2008 - 9PM BST Start

runadrum

Charity Freeroll 30th March 2008 - 9PM BST Start  

1. 1.

• Yes please, I have more than 100 posts
    • Yes please, I have less than 100 posts but I cheered you on
    • No thanks, but good luck with the game

Quote from me on 1/4/07: "Please put Sunday 30th March 2008 in your diary so we can do it all again. I intend to offer 10% of my poker profit between now and then in charity prizes next year - so if you suffer a bad beat from me it will be for a good cause". and from ColU_FC also on 1/4/07: "That's a great idea runa. I'm in for 10% as well and so is Mrs_ColU" Thankfully between the three of us we have a reasonably healthy online profit for 2007-08 (still ongoing) and 10% of it will now be offered in prizes to be donated to charities of the winners' choosing in June, on a date on or near to Mr ColU's birthday. ...................................................................................................................... My fellow donators, however, have kindly agreed to me offering an amount equal to 10% of my Aussie Millions winnings in a separate freeroll on the originally intended date of my birthday on 30th March 2008. I am starting this thread now to give plenty of notice and to ask people to post their interest here and to request the password which will be sent by PM a few days before. The money is now safely in my account and 10% is £3000 (less the cost of a couple of pints !). Exact details have yet to be finalised but Blue Square have kindly agreed to host the tournament - for which my thanks - and it will probably start at either 8pm or 9pm on Sunday 30th March. I will review the scale of prizes when I have an idea of numbers but I am thinking at the moment of 9 or 10 prizes ranging from £100 up to about £700. Please please note these will be prizes given by me as direct donations to a charity chosen by each prize-winner (and given with reference to their name - with their permission). Hopefully these will be charities close to the winners' hearts, whether national or local. As I am a UK tax-payer the charity should be able to claim gift-aid on the donation, adding 28% to the amount involved. I would like to restrict this to PL members with 100 posts as of today but am willing to be flexible especially with anyone who took time out to support me in the Aussie Millions thread :cheers.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Charity Freeroll 30th March 2008

:lol With what i drink these days £1 would cover that' date='can pm runa the website if appropraite rather than posting a link.[/quote'] Please do mate. Very happy for them to be local charities - one that has an online payment facility preferred as it is easier but not averse to posting a cheque if necessary. :ok

Re: Charity Freeroll 30th March 2008 think alls been said :clap:clap:clap:clap :notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy:notworthy