** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Charity Freeroll 30th March 2008 - 9PM BST Start

runadrum

Charity Freeroll 30th March 2008 - 9PM BST Start  

1. 1.

• Yes please, I have more than 100 posts
    • Yes please, I have less than 100 posts but I cheered you on
    • No thanks, but good luck with the game

Re: Charity Freeroll 30th March 2008 Hi Dunc Just a quick question if i was lucky enought to finish in the money, would it be possible to get a cheque with the charity name on it? Its just that a good friend of mine is running the Great North Run later in the year and realy struggles to get sponsorship and as hes running for a certain charity i would like to offer support (which i will anyway), and thought that any winnings from this could go towards that. Cheers Joe

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Charity Freeroll 30th March 2008

Hi Dunc Just a quick question if i was lucky enought to finish in the money, would it be possible to get a cheque with the charity name on it? Its just that a good friend of mine is running the Great North Run later in the year and realy struggles to get sponsorship and as hes running for a certain charity i would like to offer support (which i will anyway), and thought that any winnings from this could go towards that. Cheers Joe
That will be fine Joe :ok

Re: Charity Freeroll 30th March 2008 nice one and a great gesture run sure that all these worthy charities would agree. if only there were more like you!!!!! (are we having a PL newyears honours list?) catch me by the bar at Newcastle and i'll get you a large one!!!! Beanoliz1

Re: Charity Freeroll 30th March 2008 What not for the drink!! Thats the reason why im going! estimated time at the bar approx 3.20 pm!! thought i could tempt you guys into a few beforehand so that im not the first there and stand a chance lol All the best of luck to all PL players in the Festival and lets hope we bring some silverware back.But on my current form ill just bring some Resolve AND Paracetamol.

What not for the drink!! Thats the reason why im going! estimated time at the bar approx 3.20 pm!! thought i could tempt you guys into a few beforehand so that im not the first there and stand a chance lol All the best of luck to all PL players in the Festival and lets hope we bring some silverware back.But on my current form ill just bring some Resolve AND Paracetamol.
sorry, that should have been 'not only for the drink' :ok

Duncan' date=' what a truly amazing gesture - you are such a good person :clap:clap:clap:clap:clap[/quote'] Cheers Pene I promise you I have got more than enough faults that this only offsets some of them ! Hope you and Paul can make it. I'll be asking Helen to send out the password tonight with her super PM powers ! :ok

Cheers Pene I promise you I have got more than enough faults that this only offsets some of them ! Hope you and Paul can make it. I'll be asking Helen to send out the password tonight with her super PM powers ! :ok
Hmmm, I think you're just being polite :D I hope we can make it too - have to download Blue Square though :ok

Re: Charity Freeroll 30th March 2008 Not sure how I have missed this thread, probably because I've not been active on the poker front for quite some time. :( What a fantastic gesture Duncan. :clap It just confirms what I already know about you and Helen, a truly fantastic and remakable couple. :notworthy

Re: Charity Freeroll 30th March 2008 Thanks Gal - you are welcome to try your hand, just let me know if you want to play. For those have requested the password in the poll expect it within the next hour. I have decided to treat SloppyJ, AA Hall, Berzerka Bill, dili123in and wolvesfan as non qualifiers on this occasion. It's a question of involvement over the whole year - hope you understand. *** Please post on here or send me a PM if you would like to be included and do not receive the password tonight *** *** I asked Blue Square to make the start time on Sunday 9pm GMT thinking it would become 8pm BST. I still can't get my head around it but there is every chance I have ensured the start time will be 10pm BST - my apologies if it is. We will know more when the clocks 'spring forward' *** :ok

*** I asked Blue Square to make the start time on Sunday 9pm GMT thinking it would become 8pm BST. I still can't get my head around it but there is every chance I have ensured the start time will be 10pm BST - my apologies if it is. We will know more when the clocks 'spring forward' *** :ok
Can you set a table up for Uber for tomorrow night please mate? :tongue2

For those have requested the password in the poll expect it within the next hour.
1 minute late, but password now sent to those eligible who have voted. Poll now closed so if you want to be considered please post or PM. :ok

Re: Charity Freeroll 30th March 2008 Anybody else get the email below? Hi Mr Punters lounge, My name is Peter Mgumbi, my father was Sir Richard Mgumbi KBE, a famous pokah player and recent winner of the Debrecen all-comers freeroll. As a result of winning this pressedtigious competition $37,000,000 was transferred to my fathers account in the Royal Bank of Lagos. Unfortuantely before he could release these funds my father pissed away and the bank refuses to transfer the money to myself as gambling winnings are not considered part orf a deceased estate under Nigerian law. However, the bank will permit the transfer of the monies to charitable work and have authrised me to distribute this money. Therefore I propose to add the $35M dollars as prize money to your freeroll. I feel my father would have aprooved of this as he had great respect for your esteamed forum even thow a missunderstanding prevented him playing in many of your freerolls. In order to fasillytate transfer of the money, a small handling charge is required by the solicitors of my fathers estate. If you can send 17000 Nigerian dollars (approximately £2795 by federal expresso to Mr Katchem, Katchen&Co, Loosers St,Lagos , Nigeria, LA5 TUC, then the $37Million will be transferred into the control of Punters Lounge to be used in your forthcoming freeroll. As a final tribute to my late fathers memory, may I have the password to this freeroll. If I win I intend to donate the money to the Centre for Illiterates in Lagos (Nigerian Charity No. 175681) which is setting up a support center and Internet cafe for poor Nigerians to practice there English skills by e-maleing british peoples. I thank you much for this opportunity, may god bless you. Peter Mgumbi.