Australian Open, Men

EventAlun Jones v Albert Montanes
SelectionAlun Jones
Strength10/10
Date13/01/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.65 (Back)
ReasoningAlun Jones is a native and used to the conditions here in Australia. Albert Montanes havent done anything special outside the clay courts and he is only 1-6 in Australian Open and will probably face big problems vs Jones and the support he will get from the crowd.
EventMariano Zabaleta v Peter Luczak
SelectionPeter Luczak
Strength10/10
Date13/01/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.47 (Back)
ReasoningMariano Zabaleta is another clown on this surface and he's also probably looking to get his first round loser check and take first, best flight out of there. Luczak has always done pretty good for his talent here in Australia and I expect him to do so again.
EventHyung-Taik Lee v Chris Guccione
SelectionChris Guccione
Strength10/10
Date13/01/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.69 (Back)
ReasoningChris Guccione may have lost in the final in Sydney but he played really good all week serving really good. The only thing that cost him the title was in inexperience. Lee isnt know for any great result vs the big-servers so he could struggle yet again.
EventNicolas Almagro v Marin Cilic
SelectionMarin Cilic
Strength10/10
Date13/01/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.11 (Back)
ReasoningNicolas Almagro has lost all three matches he has played in Australian Open and faces another good server in the first round. Marin Cilic, with his good serving has been in good form reaching semi-final twice in recent tournaments he has played so I find a value in his odds.
EventKristof Vliegen v Olivier Patience
SelectionKristof Vliegen
Strength10/10
Date14/01/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 1.43 (Back)
ReasoningI dont even know what Patience is doing here in Australian Open playing on HC, but his a big clown on this surface losing like every match. I guess he's after some quick losers money and Vliegen shouldnt have too big troubles winning this

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian Open-Winer Agree with this one and have followed suit. There is often a darkhorse that emerges each year, with Baghdatis and Gonzalez two recent examples. As such I've gone for players who are at long odds and have either a strong track record in the Aus Open, or the talent and surface affinity to perform strongly. My bets: Marat Safin @ 160 (2/10) Ivo Karlovic @ 700 (2/10) Stanislaw Wawrinka @ 580 (1/10) Xavier Malisse @ 980 (1/10) All with betfair

Re: Australian Open

SelectionAlun Jones
Strength10/10
Date13/01/2008
ReasoningAlun Jones is a native and used to the conditions here in Australia. Albert Montanes havent done anything special outside the clay courts and he is only 1-6 in Australian Open and will probably face big problems vs Jones and the support he will get from the crowd.
SelectionPeter Luczak
Strength10/10
Date13/01/2008
ReasoningMariano Zabaleta is another clown on this surface and he's also probably looking to get his first round loser check and take first, best flight out of there. Luczak has always done pretty good for his talent here in Australia and I expect him to do so again.
SelectionChris Guccione
Strength10/10
Date13/01/2008
ReasoningChris Guccione may have lost in the final in Sydney but he played really good all week serving really good. The only thing that cost him the title was in inexperience. Lee isnt know for any great result vs the big-servers so he could struggle yet again.
SelectionMarin Cilic
Strength10/10
Date13/01/2008
ReasoningNicolas Almagro has lost all three matches he has played in Australian Open and faces another good server in the first round. Marin Cilic, with his good serving has been in good form reaching semi-final twice in recent tournaments he has played so I find a value in his odds.
SelectionKristof Vliegen
Strength10/10
Date14/01/2008
ReasoningI dont even know what Patience is doing here in Australian Open playing on HC, but his a big clown on this surface losing like every match. I guess he's after some quick losers money and Vliegen shouldnt have too big troubles winning this
Agree A.Jones and M.Cilic must win. J.Levine young but he realy hard court player or M. Vassallo Arguello last time I dont saw in tennis world. J.Levine win 1.58 @ pinnacle.

SelectionAlun Jones
Strength10/10
Date13/01/2008
SelectionPeter Luczak
Strength10/10
Date13/01/2008
SelectionChris Guccione
Strength10/10
Date13/01/2008
SelectionMarin Cilic
Strength10/10
Date13/01/2008
SelectionKristof Vliegen
Strength10/10
Date14/01/2008
Wouldn't be so sure about Luczak!He doesn't play too much on hard either(unusually for the Australian players, he's the hardcore claycourter), while Zabaleta is certainly not a clown on this surface.He has made a number of strong results on hard over the years, having managed to beat a number of great players on this surface: Youzhny, Nalbandian, Blake, Malisse, Llodra, Grosjean and so on...Zabaleta managed to reach the 1/4-Finals of US Open as well!Also, he's by far the better player than Luczak, very strong on his serve when he's fully concentrated! The price on Mariano Zabaleta(3.03) looks amazing and out of this world!Luczak is capable of playing a good tennis for SET-and-A-HALF, hardly more...He'll need a huge help of Zabaleta if he's reach the next round, especially in Best-Of-Five!

Re: Australian Open, Men

EventAustralian Open - Mens Winner
SelectionMarat Safin
Strength2/10
Date27/01/2008
Bookmaker/Price>Betfair @ 180.00 (Back)
ReasoningThe last man who have beaten Federer at the Australian Open could be the next one. I think Marat has enough of his bullshit and has decided to come back at the top this year. He started very well this week by beaten Andy Murray at Koolyong 6-1 6-4. Everybody knows that he is able to beat everyone if he is in a good shape. He won this tournament in 2005 after a win over Federer in a crazy match so this in not impossible for him to do it again. And Federer has not the best preparation for this tournament because it will be his first one for this year.
EventMoya - Koubek
SelectionKoubek
Strength10/10
Date14/01/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.26 (Back)
ReasoningThis week Moya beat Koubek 1-6 6-4 6-2 after being very closed to loose. H2H is 4-3 for Moya but with very difficult win for Moya. At Melbourne Koubek would like his revenge and I think in 5 sets he has more chances to win.
SelectionPatience
Strength10/10
Date14/01/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 3.66 (Back)
ReasoningOlivier Patience (27 years, 110th) is a player of Challenger but when he plays Big Slam he seems to transcend himself. To the last Roland Garros he had pushed Djokovic to 5 sets, crossing even very closed to the victory. In Open of Australia he had also pushed Bjorkman to 5 sets but especially in 2004 he had beaten Andreev and Davydenko. The same year he will push Moya to 5 sets in Wimbledon. Vliegen (25 years, 105th) is an unpredictable, talented player but very unstable. His best resultin the OA is a 3rd round in 2006. He will lose then in the US OPEN against Kubot 138th. He has never made much in Big Slam. Vliegen leads in the H2H 1-0 but the meeting dates 2004 and was on Clay.

modo : your selection are very strange' date=' especially for Vliegen. You should check pasts results of both players[/quote'] I dont understood what about you. My bets in first round: A.Jones,C.Moya,J.Levine,A.Calleri,J.Monaco,I.Minar,Hewitt L.,Murray A.and E.Korolev J.Levine+E.Korolev. C.Moya+A.Calleri+A.Murray. A.Jones+J.Monaco+I.Minar+L.Hewitt. I dont bet Vliegen.

EventCarlos Moya v Stefan Koubek
SelectionStefan Koubek
Strength10/10
Date14/01/2008
Bookmaker/PriceBetsafe @ 3.13 (Back)
ReasoningEven though Koubek has the tools to beat Moya and was looking good last time they met just recently he somehow managed to blow it away but Im still convinced he can pull it off this time. Neither of Moyas 5 set or left-handed opponent stats look too good so there is a value in the odds.
EventRobert Kendrick v Amer Delic
SelectionAmer Delic
Strength10/10
Date14/01/2008
Bookmaker/PriceLadbrokes @ 1.80 (Back)
ReasoningExcellent offer for Amer Delic in this match. Robert Kendrick havent played for a while Amer Delic qualified to Australian Open so he's familiar with condition. More Amer Delic leads the h2h 5-2 so Kendrick has troubles with Delics playing style.
EventSimone Bolelli v Rajeev Ram
SelectionRajeev Ram
Strength10/10
Date13/01/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.21 (Back)
ReasoningRajeev Ram qualified for Australian Open by beating Udomchoke whos no mug so he's definatly worth a shot at the odds since this is Bolellis first Australian Open and his confidence must be high.
EventDonald Young v Michael Berrer
SelectionDonald Young
Strength10/10
Date13/01/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.31 (Back)
ReasoningDonald Young is an american talent who still has lot to learn and proof but I trust him more than I trust Berrer since Berrer has nothing more than his powerful serves, so there is excellent value in Young who surely could irritate Berrer with his descent return of serve.
EventArnaud Clement v Rainer Schuettler
SelectionRainer Schuettler
Strength10/10
Date13/01/2008
Bookmaker/PricePinnacle Sports @ 2.07 (Back)
ReasoningArnaud Clement has been in really poor form lately and doesnt seem to know how to stop losing so opposing him seems to be a good idea at this odds even when his opponennt is Rainer Schuettler, because I think his opponent still has lot to give.

Wouldn't be so sure about Luczak!He doesn't play too much on hard either(unusually for the Australian players, he's the hardcore claycourter), while Zabaleta is certainly not a clown on this surface.He has made a number of strong results on hard over the years, having managed to beat a number of great players on this surface: Youzhny, Nalbandian, Blake, Malisse, Llodra, Grosjean and so on...Zabaleta managed to reach the 1/4-Finals of US Open as well!Also, he's by far the better player than Luczak, very strong on his serve when he's fully concentrated! The price on Mariano Zabaleta(3.03) looks amazing and out of this world!Luczak is capable of playing a good tennis for SET-and-A-HALF, hardly more...He'll need a huge help of Zabaleta if he's reach the next round, especially in Best-Of-Five!
Zabaleta hasnt won an ATP HC match for over 2 years...he's a clown IMO

I dont understood what about you. My bets in first round: A.Jones,C.Moya,J.Levine,A.Calleri,J.Monaco,I.Minar,Hewitt L.,Murray A.and E.Korolev J.Levine+E.Korolev. C.Moya+A.Calleri+A.Murray. A.Jones+J.Monaco+I.Minar+L.Hewitt. I dont bet Vliegen.
Another my bet :Denis Gremelmayr+F.Santoro(agree with WinningTipster)

Re: Australian Open, Men Where is Mr.Intensity all at once? I expekted him here al over the place during AO. To the other tipsters i would say keep up the good work i love reading this ection and follow some tips. .I don't know much about the players for the moment so i just keep it to read and pick . GLall

Where is Mr.Intensity all at once? I expekted him here al over the place during AO. To the other tipsters i would say keep up the good work i love reading this ection and follow some tips. .I don't know much about the players for the moment so i just keep it to read and pick . GLall
Very busy:sad Check back in an hour;)

Re: Australian Open, Men Jones @ 1.61 Betfair. Jones should take this one comfortably. Jones finished last year well and has done OK this year qualifying for both events he's entered but lost first round both times. Montanes is shocking on hardcourts and with home support Jones should get his first Aussie win. I think the battle with Nadal at the US last year will help Jones in this one. Cilic @ 2.00 Will Hill. Stonking price here. Cilic is the far superior hard court player and I can't believe he's 50/50 here. Cilic has started the year well and his losses were against in form players Youzhny and Kohlscheiber. Cilic is 10-7 last 12 months on hard courts compared to Almagros 8-8. Both have a poor record over 5 sets but Almagro has had many more chances and I expect Cilic's record to improve this year. Almagro has a lot of potential on hardcourts, but he doesn't show it often enough to justify being fav here - actually Betfair market has Cilic fav with most bookies Almagro fav which I like. Safin @ 1.51 Betfair. I can't help it, I'm a massive Safin win and I bet on him far too much. He looked much better in Kooyong last week than he did all of last year and I just hope he can bring some decent form. I think Gulbis is often over rated as he just hasn't had many wins on the tour yet. Rochus @ 1.91 Betfair. Really like Rochus in this one. He has a great game to take down Querrey who let's be honest is a bit of a mug. Rochus had big struggles last year but he's looked in better nick this year, even though the results have not been great. Querrey continues to lose matches he should win easily and so long as he keeps doing so he is easily opposable. He needs to have a great serving day otherwise Rochus will eat him from the baseline. Also quite like Gremelmayr and Guccione as solid favs. Best bet of night probably Cilic:ok

Re: Australian Open, Men Isner - Santoro I read more than once last couple of days that Santoro , can't play 4 or even 3 sets through his age, and certainlu not in the heat of Australia. So I did some research,because lot of them backed Isner, on Isner and this is seems to be a young American of above 2 metres and around 100 kg? Won't he suffer more from the heat than santoro? Isner will be a hard hitter I think but are there any Opinions? Isner at 2.95 or should i better let it pass?

Re: Australian Open, Men Isner has a HUGE serve but nothing else. He came out of college tennis and had a good run in the US last summer but hasn't done much on the tour. Santoro generally destroys big servers and the match up here is great for him. There has been a lot of money for Santoro and the price has come in a lot - think he started 1.72 most places. Not heard any specific injury concerns over Santoro but of course he is older now and doesn't have the stamina he used to. But in this match up rallies will be less so will be less tiring than playing a grinder or even a 'normal' player. Not sure about this match up, favours Santoro a lot, but not at the current price for me:unsure

Isner has a HUGE serve but nothing else. He came out of college tennis and had a good run in the US last summer but hasn't done much on the tour. Santoro generally destroys big servers and the match up here is great for him. There has been a lot of money for Santoro and the price has come in a lot - think he started 1.72 most places. Not heard any specific injury concerns over Santoro but of course he is older now and doesn't have the stamina he used to. But in this match up rallies will be less so will be less tiring than playing a grinder or even a 'normal' player. Not sure about this match up, favours Santoro a lot, but not at the current price for me:unsure
THx MR Intensity for the info, i'll let the game pass.