Australian Open, Men

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Australian Open, Men

It's 11pm now' date=' Venus having a bit of a struggle (nice one christo;)) so doubt they'll be on much before midnight. It's indoors with lights etc so no reason to stop - could be playing at 4am:zzz[/quote'] Bloody hell fire, great sunday morning entertainment in Australia!!! Come on Venus - hurry up!

Re: Australian Open, Men Luckily we have this game live on brittish eurosport are the aussies mental?? starting a game att midnight ffs lol. This could easily go the distance IMO, something like 5 hours even :loon by the time this game finishes it'll be time for tommorow's action to start :lol

Luckly we have this game live on brittish eurosport are the aussies mental?? starting a game att midnight ffs lol. This could easily go the distance IMO, something like 5 hours even :loon by the time this game finishes it'll be time for tommorow's action to start :lol
Totally agree mate, its a complete joke. The Australian Open introduced a new rule this year that matches would not be started past 11pm due to all the complaints from players, but of course it would come down to the final say of the umpire. Pretty pointless introducing a condition like this if they ain't going to stick by it. It wont be finishing til nearly 4am local time :$

Re: Australian Open, Men Couple more for me to add to the action carried over from yesterday. Gasquet -3.5 games @ 1.8 Skybet. Both guys had played very well so far, and this should be a cracker. De ja vu? Yes it was the same at Wimbledon last year, when Tsonga was on a great roll, and Gasquet really took care of him. I remember Tsonga had seemed unbreakable in his first 3 matches then it was completely different, Gasquet seemed to have a good read on him and was making a lot of returns and passing shots in a comfortable 6-4 6-3 6-4. Since then they've played twice more, Tsonga winning in Lyon (it was a very dodgy tournament) and Gasquet getting a W in Paris. I think the match up is good for Gasquet, and fancy him to come through in 3 or 4. Youzhny @ 2.42 Betfair. H2H is 3-0 and I remember backing Youzhny in the last meeting at Montreal last year. Davy won 7-6 6-3 but Youzhny had a lot of chances and should definately have taken the first set. Since then, things have definately shifted in Youzhnys favour. He is in spectacular form this year, and this is a great chance for him to go deep. Davy has got some decent scorelines so far against average opponents, but they've all been big servers he can dominate from the baseline - this match will be very different. We all know the problems he's got at the moment, and I'm not sure his serve is 100% safe at the moment, and he still looks pretty vunerable. Have to side with the form player at decent odds against.

Re: Australian Open, Men Outright YOUZHNY E/W @ 41.00 totesport. I've decided to have a little dabble in the outright market. As I've already said for the match betting I fancy Youzhny and Gasquet to set up a mouthwatering quarterfinal. Youzhny beat Gasquet 8-6 in the fifth in the Davis Cup last year (in Russia) and I'd fancy him to have the edge over 5 sets again. Semi final opponent likely to be Nadal, but he's not been great so far and is still struggling on the hard courts. Also Youzhny done seem to have his number on hard. Final not interested in too much, probably Federer, Youzhny would probably lose but taking this mainly for the E/W value.

CILIC v Gonzalez @ 2.92 Betfair. Odds have been dropping for this, but still worth a go. I'm backed Cilic in the 1st and 2nd round and he's come through without dropping a set and I still have faith. Gonzo has been up and down a lot since the Aussie last year and I don't see him recapturing that form. It might even be an added pressure on him during this event, and he struggled a bit against Lee which was disappointing. Cilics serve should keep this tight and when it gets tight we'll see how Gonzo is feeling. FERRERO v Nalbandian @ 3.0 Betfair. I've been very impressed with Ferrero so far, and willing to have a go on him causing a big upset. His serve looks good, his movement looks better than it has for a while and his groudies have been top class. Nalbandian obivously finished last year as the best player in the world, but has had some fitness concerns this year and I'm not sure he's going to back up his reputation. He struggled for a while with Luczak and will need to put in a much better performance here. H2H is 2-2 Ferrero winning the last two but all a while ago. HEWITT v Baghdatis @ 2.36 Pinnacle. As soon as the Baggy/Safin I said I was going to back the dog in this one so here we are with Hewitt. I still can't split this game from 50/50. Hewitt has played pretty well so far depsite a bit of a discouraging scoreline against Istomin but Denis played extremely well. I like what Hewitt has been trying with the serve/volley even if it is just to affect the returners rythem. Baggy came through against Safin and was good but really Marat imploded at the end. Obviously he loves it here and in the night match - which will probably be late after Bandy/Ferrero - the atmosphere should be great. Baggy won last year in 4 at Wimbledon but that was a bad start from Hewitt and after the 1st set it could have gone either way. Hewitt to get revenge for me.
This were already 2 great tips :clap, where for great thx , i followed you on all 3 and delivered me again some nice amount. At noon we had that great game of Hewitt after the "almost chocker" Fedex one. Tonight i put my hopes on Ferrerro ,because I not only played him solo . He 's in a combo with Hew and Celic. But once again thx and hope to read lots more of you through the season. :notworthy:notworthy :clap:clap

This were already 2 great tips :clap, where for great thx , i followed you on all 3 and delivered me again some nice amount. At noon we had that great game of Hewitt after the "almost chocker" Fedex one. Tonight i put my hopes on Ferrerro ,because I not only played him solo . He 's in a combo with Hew and Celic. But once again thx and hope to read lots more of you through the season. :notworthy:notworthy :clap:clap
Cheers mate, that would be a great combo to hit:loon:loon

Re: Australian Open, Men Gone along with Mr. I (again) in most of my bets for tonight. Main bet is Gasquet @ 1.51 (betfair) outright against Tsonga. Just think that getting to the business end of the tournament, Tsonga might just get found out. Gasquet is a great all round player and will have too much for the frenchman. Gone along with you Mr. I with a shot on Ferrero to defeat the powerful Nalbandian with odds on betfair now gone out to 3.25. Also provided a CS set bet t go along in favour of Nalbandian 3-2 @ 7.8. Done the same thing with the Youzny Davydenko match. Follwed you on the outright Youzny bet @ 2.38 but with a correct set bet prediction of 3-2 in favour of Davydenko @ 6.8 betfair. Like Tsonga i expect Mathieu to be overpowered in this round by Nadal. Nadal will run and run on this surface (on any surface really) and wear Mathieu down, i can't see him taking a set off Nadal to be honest. Nadal has been steady so far throughout the tournament, not spectacular but playing nice enough. 3-0 Nadal @ 2.12.

Congratulations Mr. Intensity ' date=' for the impressive and challenging odds .. cheers !! ;)[/quote'] Cheers mate, let's try to hit some more tonight:ok CILIC @ 2.43 Pinnacle. I've backed Cilic in every round so far and he's cruised through only dropping 1 set so I see no reason to desert him here. Blake was lucky to come through against Grosjean and I think we're getting an upset here today. Blakes 5 set record is still pretty poor for a top 10 player and the way Cilic is serving, this one should be tight. Both will get cheap points, but Cilic is more solid and the level he's played at the moment I think Blake makes a lot of UEs and Cilic gets the win in 3 or 4. FERRERO @ 2.73 Pinnacle. The way Ferrero is playing, this price is a joke. He crushed a below par Nalbandian yesterday and despite Bandy being weak Ferrero was class and that sort of win should have his confidence well up. Ferrer had an excellent run at the end of last year and has been comfortable so far, and clearly he deserves to be favourite. But I'd favour JCF on this surface, in an event he has had quite a lot of success in. H2H is 4-1 to Ferrer which is a concern, but I like the way Ferrero is talking about being more aggressive and making sure he gets the first strike in, and that's exactly the way he needs to play against Ferrer. DJOKOVIC v Hewitt UNDER 38.5 games @ 1.83 SportingBet. Happy to take this number as a lot of 4 set combinations will work. Really hard to see Hewitt coming out here with a full tank after THAT match with Baggy till 4.30am. Djokovic isn't the guy you want to play in this situation as he'll be happy to trade groudies and wait for his opportunities. Djokovic has been in crushing form so far, and despite the Aussie crowds best efforts, I can see this being pretty one-sided. H2H is 1-1 with last meeting a tough 4 setter at Wimbledon, but the most important factor today is Hewitts recovery.

Re: Australian Open, Men Hello, I've found quite an interesting bet in Ladbrokes - fastest serve handicap... I don't know if I understand it correctly. After the whole match ends we have to check whether Nadal or Nieminen had faster serve including given handicap?? The odds and handi: R.Nadal -2.5 k.p.h. (2.0) J.Nieminen +2.5 k.p.h. (1.72) As far as I know Nieminen has huge problems with his first serve... And additionaly it is quite slow in comparison to other players in AO. Nadal however have very good 1st serve and I'm willing to see some aces... What do You think?? Is this handicap serve bet worth putting some money on?? Thanks for any suggests...

Re: Australian Open, Men Just took a very quick look, here's some fastest serve stats so far this tournament: Nadal: Round 4: 198kph (short match) Round 3: 203kph Round 2: 211kph Round 1: 201kph Nieminen: Round 4: 202kph Round 3: 207kph Round 2: 204kph Round 1: No available data Another thing to consider is maybe Nieminen will go for more bombs to avoid rallies with Nadal - he'll definately be needing some free points. Make of that what you will, can't really reccomend betting on that market:unsure:unsure

Re: Australian Open, Men It looks like it's about comparing just record speeds of both, nothing else - so it just takes one really fast serve by Nieminen to make things equal - Laddies see him as a fav with a +2.5 kph start. Never really followed it, but actually I've just had a look and Nieminen's record speed in last two matches was something over 200 kmph (207 and 205), while Nadal's top speed was around 200 kmph (198 and 200) - this makes NIeminen +2.5 kmph quite a good bet.;)

Re: Australian Open, Men Ok, cheers guys a lot. I'll think of it... Mr Intensity - maybe I wrote something not well. It's not about my will of seeing some aces but I was basing on the players form and the fact that Nadal shouldn't hve any problems with putting some aces. I think he is a far better player than his opponent from Finland and Nadal 1st serve should do the job in this match. Nieminen seems to be quite poor in this element during AO. But anyway - thanks for help. :)

Re: Australian Open, Men Youzhny -3.5 games @ 1.83 Will Hill. Tsonga has done exceptionally well so far knocking off Murray and Gasquet but today I see his run ending. Youzhny is my man in this tournament and I have faith today. He's on a massive role at the moment and after seeing off nemesis Davydenko in straight sets I see him coming through setting up an excellent semi against Nadal. Tsongas game seems to have found more consistancy, but I'm still waiting for him to fatigue and put in a shocker. Maybe I'll be proved wrong but I think Youzhny balance of offensive/defensive from the back will cause him a lot of problems and I see Youzhny coming through in 3 or 4. Youzhny for the title!!:loon