** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Australian Open, Men

Re: Australian Open, Men

Mr Intensity - maybe I wrote something not well. It's not about my will of seeing some aces but I was basing on the players form and the fact that Nadal shouldn't hve any problems with putting some aces. I think he is a far better player than his opponent from Finland and Nadal 1st serve should do the job in this match. Nieminen seems to be quite poor in this element during AO.
No worries mate, I understood what you were saying:)

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Or maybe it would be better to play that there would be at least one serve over 205.5 kph ?? According to the numbers I've given above it's quite possible and odds are around 1.85. Poor me, I'm making everything more complicated ;)
Looking at the numbers I posted that seems a decent bet. BUT, it is going to be cooler today with the chance of rain. So, if they play indoors then that helps the bet a little. Outdoors in the cool, hurts the bet.

Re: Australian Open, Men FERRER +5.5 games @ 1.83 Skybet. +5.5 seems pretty reasonable for what I'd consider a very tight game. I'd also consider laying Djokovic before the start. Ferrer has been exceptional so far, beating up a few chumps then taking out Ferrero who was playing great. In that match, I was surprised with the quality of his serving - there were a couple of games he went down 0-40 but apart from that he was rock solid on the serve, Ferrero struggling to get anything going on Ferrers first serve. Everything in his game looked to be well honed, and this is going to be a real battle. Djokovic has also come through well, hasn't dropped a set yet but a bit lucky with Hewitts scheduling. H2H is 3-2 to Ferrer, with him getting the last win against Djokovic in the Masters Cup when Djokovic was out of sorts. Djokovic won 6-4 6-4 6-3 but that was on quicker courts, when Djokovic was on an awesome roll, and I expect this one to be tougher.

Not sure about Fed' date=' but he's got a reasonable chance tonight, still thinking how to play it;)[/quote'] Id say a very reasonable chance to be honest, saw a bit of the Djokovic vs hewitt match and wasnt too impressed with Djokovic, thought he looked sloppy and think he was lucky he was playing a tired and really not very strong Hewitt. Ferrer outright @ 3.3 betfair is my play. Looking at playing the over 38.5 games too, think this has at least 4 sets in it.

I have Tso @160' date=' but thinking about lay. I know he is having a great tournament and playing extremly well, but do you guys think he will hava a shot at Nadal?[/quote'] Well I've opposed him in the last 2 rounds so maybe I'm not the guy the comment:@ The way Nadal is playing, I can't see Tsonga lasting 5 sets with him. Would have to get it done in 3. Think he's got a great shot in the first set and would need to ride the wave. I see Nadal coming through in 4 if I had to predict. Good luck whatever you do:hope Actually just think I've found a decent bet......

Re: Australian Open, Men NADAL to lose first set and win match @ 5.00 Ladbrokes. I've had a bit of success with this bet in the past, and I think this is another good time to use it. Tsonga has had an amazing run so far, beating Murray, Youzhny and Gasquet amongst others along the way. He's playing more consistantly than in the past and his serve and forehand have been dominating. But, if there's someone who will be able to deal with this style, it should be Nadal. Nadal has came through very comfortably, and this is certainly the best he's looked in a hard court slam. I expect Tsonga to start off like a train, hitting winners from everywhere, and it'll take Nadal a little while to get used to it and start countering. I also still think Tsonga will tire, although I've now said that twice and it hasn't looked like happening. I see Nadal coming through something like 4-6 7-6 6-4 6-1 which makes the over/under games tight (over/under 37.5 or 38.5) as well as the handicap (Nadal -5.5). Another decent strategy would be to lay Nadal to start with, looking to back later, but I think this bet has a very reasonable chance. H2H is 1-0 to Nadal at the US Open 7-6 6-2 6-1 following the pattern I'm talking about, but Tsonga didn't manage to squeeze out the first set.

Re: Australian Open, Men Heard during Tsonga's match v Youzny that the Frenchman has no experience with five-setters at all. Not sure if it's absolute truth, but it looks like he need to get the job done in three or falls apart (?). Wonder what the odds for the final will be like.;)

Heard during Tsonga's match v Youzny that the Frenchman has no experience with five-setters at all. Not sure if it's absolute truth' date=' but it looks like he need to get the job done in three or falls apart (?). Wonder what the odds for the final will be like.;)[/quote'] True, and he's only ever had four 4 set matches:loon

Re: Australian Open, Men DJOKOVIC @ 3.6 Betfair. I have really high hopes for Novak in this one, hope he doesn't disappoint. Fed's performances have been up-and-down in this tournament, he started looking magnificant but then had a monster match against Tipsarevic. Since then, he's come through OK but that was against guys - Berdych and Blake - who he owns mentally. I don't think he's played too well in those matches, and is vunerable tonight. Djokovic has come through without dropping a set, and looks to be coming bang into form considering his last match against Ferrer. He had a wobble at the end, which is a concern here, but not a massive one. H2H is 5-1 to Federer, but the last two matches are most important as Djokovic improved so much last year. Djokovic won a cracker in the final of Cincinatti on a final set tie break, which really established himself at the top of the game. Then they met in the US Open final, with Fed coming through in 3, but Djokovic had a load of chances and should have won the first two sets. He showed that day that he has the game to take on Fed in a slam, now he needs to show that he has the balls.

Hope you didn't lay Tsonga :lol:lol He destroyed Nadal.
I did lay 1/3 of my "green" and hanging for 2nd game to finish. If Djoc can pull it off, odds for both should be pretty close. But after all your comments I might let it ride through the final :ok.

I did lay 1/3 of my "green" and hanging for 2nd game to finish. If Djoc can pull it off, odds for both should be pretty close. But after all your comments I might let it ride through the final :ok.
Defo get yourself in a win/win position, mate, ie lay back a bit more than to just recover the stake, it's a pity to let it ride and feel sorry later.

DJOKOVIC @ 3.6 Betfair. I have really high hopes for Novak in this one' date= hope he doesn't disappoint. Fed's performances have been up-and-down in this tournament, he started looking magnificant but then had a monster match against Tipsarevic. Since then, he's come through OK but that was against guys - Berdych and Blake - who he owns mentally. I don't think he's played too well in those matches, and is vunerable tonight. Djokovic has come through without dropping a set, and looks to be coming bang into form considering his last match against Ferrer. He had a wobble at the end, which is a concern here, but not a massive one. H2H is 5-1 to Federer, but the last two matches are most important as Djokovic improved so much last year. Djokovic won a cracker in the final of Cincinatti on a final set tie break, which really established himself at the top of the game. Then they met in the US Open final, with Fed coming through in 3, but Djokovic had a load of chances and should have won the first two sets. He showed that day that he has the game to take on Fed in a slam, now he needs to show that he has the balls.
Great shot here! :ok:cheers I was expecting to see Djokovic giving some fight to Federer, but couldn't imagine a win in straight sets! :unsure Couldn't even imagine him beating FedEx in Best-Of-Five! Well, there are enough positives from Melbourne for Serbia ahead of Davis Cup match against Russia in Moscow in a few weeks! Hopefully it will be 2 for Serbia after Djokovic's (possible) wins, so it remains to be seen whether Tipsarevic, Troicki or Zimonjic(doubles; probably with Djokovic) are able to take the crucial third one!Tipsa is always Tipsa...You just don't know what you're up against him!?Viktor Troicki has shown some class against Rafel Nadal, but as always he's struggling to finish his opponents off!He has no strong crew around him, he has even no coach I think and it's a big shame!He was always rated as a mega-talent with his heavy shots and some great, tricky, "hard-to-read" serve, he was rated as high as Djokovic a few years ago!Troicki was kicking Djokovic's ass in younger ages and also he managed to beat Djokovic last year in the ATP Tournament.In his first ever ATP Tournament, Troicki has played some terrific tennis against Roger Federer(lost 6:7, 6:7)!But, due to some obvious reasons(lack of coaching stuffs), he's not finishing his matches as he should do!Last year he was pushing a number of top players all the way(Clement, Canas,...), but with no "killer instinct" when it matters!The same situation this year: total control of the match against Marin Cilic, gave him only 4 pts on his serve in 2nd set, but failed to finish the match just before the "finish line"!

Re: Australian Open, Men CLEMENT/LLODRA @ 1.66 William Hill. Both teams have performed very well so far, coming through without dropping a set. I think the French pair should be clear favourites. They are an excellent team and they have the form player in Llodra who has been excellent in both singles and doubles this year. I saw them quite a bit during Wimbledon (anyone remember that match against Mello/Sa?) and I was really impressed - they went on to win the final against the Bryans. Erlich and Ram are a good team, but I feel they will be outclassed in the final against a team with more big match experience.

Defo get yourself in a win/win position' date=' mate, ie lay back a bit more than to just recover the stake, it's a pity to let it ride and feel sorry later.[/quote'] Had another small lay making it 1/5 (Djoc/Tso). Hoping for good show of Tso in 1st set and then lay 50-50 :ok. (that means up all night :eyes)

Re: Australian Open, Men When I look back and consider the way Tsonga manipulated Nadal with a controlled power I can´t remember seeing before I can´t help feeling that this week belongs to this man and no-one will stand in his way. That a reaction could occur after the biggest win of his life is a known phenomenon but then that might also apply to the Serb but for me the Frenchman looks on the face of it to be in total command of himself and possibly the stronger in both mind and body. Really, it´s hard to say where he´s found that level of tennis this fortnight but if he has one more such tennis match in him then I think he´ll destroy Djokovic and there´s no reason to suppose he doesn´t have that match. Gl to all!:drums

Re: Australian Open, Men TSONGA TO WIN 1ST SET @ 2.75 Ladbrokes. I don’t know what to say about Tsonga, I’ve opposed him in his last 3 matches and he’s just blown everyone away. I’m not sure he can do the same to Djokovic who was excellent against Federer, but I’m sure he’s going to come out firing. Slight concern is nerves, but I thought that would happen against Nadal in the semi and he started excellently. I think it will take Djokovic a while to figure out how to play against Tsonga, and that makes the first set a very interesting betting proposition. I’d make it 55/45 in Djokovics favour, so taking a shot at these odds. Expect Djokovic to come through eventually, but it won’t be straightforward.