Australian Open, Men

Re: Australian Open, Men

I'm not sure about Tsonga being so short. Obviously he is a big favourite but never sure about him lasting the distance' date=' he is prone to "running out of juice" on his serve and already this year has put in shocking performances against Nieminen and Seppi especially. Will have to think about this one:unsure.[/quote'] Garcia-Lopez had took three and a half hours to get the better of Falla and had to save 3 set points in the 4th set when 6-3 down in the breaker but managed to hang tough and come through 8-6. Tsonga took just over 2 hours to beat American Warburg where the Frenchman won a healthy 83% of points behind his first serve. An impressive 54 winners to 19 unforced errors shows that Tsonga is beginning to harness his aggression a lot better and he is a very dangerous opponent at the moment. Garcia-Lopez likes to play from the baseline and wait for his chances, Tsonga's aggressive style could well rush the Spaniard and Garcia-Lopez might find Tsonga difficult to pass when the Frenchman is at net

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Garcia-Lopez had took three and a half hours to get the better of Falla and had to save 3 set points in the 4th set when 6-3 down in the breaker but managed to hang tough and come through 8-6. Tsonga took just over 2 hours to beat American Warburg where the Frenchman won a healthy 83% of points behind his first serve. An impressive 54 winners to 19 unforced errors shows that Tsonga is beginning to harness his aggression a lot better and he is a very dangerous opponent at the moment. Garcia-Lopez likes to play from the baseline and wait for his chances' date=' Tsonga's aggressive style could well rush the Spaniard and Garcia-Lopez might find Tsonga difficult to pass when the Frenchman is at net[/quote'] You didn't copy it all mate;)

Ofcource mr.Intencinity;)' date='see here [url']http://www.tennisinsight.com/ nick gerulaitis.My english is no good,but what wrote this man Im agree.If serious I have little system in tennis and my players ranking is not like ATP;)
I'm always interested in tennis systems:D Generally it's not cool to pass off someone elses stuff as your own, I'd just read it on tennisinsight:lol

I'm always interested in tennis systems:D Generally it's not cool to pass off someone elses stuff as your own, I'd just read it on tennisinsight:lol
I think you have too;)OK WHAT DO YOU SEE HERE: 1,72 Tsonga J.W. FRA 34. 15. 15,5 5 5 2 21,50 13,00 Garcia-Lopez G. SPA 81. 45. 11,5 7 4 1 23,00 12,00

Re: Australian Open, Men I keep getting drawn into handicaps and total games, probably going to end up in :cry YOUZHNY -2.5 games @ 1.83 Will Hill. This being 2.5 games instead of 3.5 is important as Youzhny can get through in 3 breakers. Anyway, still not convinced in Karlovic, Sela had a great shot against him in the last round but really well apart. Youzhny has been playing really well this year, and I see him getting through this alright. Also I think that Youznhy WILL break the Karlovic serve, and that should be enough to cover this cap easily even if he drops a set, as I can't see Karlovic breaking. Nadal v Simon Up to and including 31 games @ 1.83 Paddy. This is a nice number, as over books doing over/under are going for 28.5 and 29.5. This one including a 6-4 6-4 6-4 and even a 7-6 6-4 6-2 which is nice. Nadal has faced two guys so far, one who had a good serve which made it tight for a while, and one who didn't, where he gave up 4 games. Simon fits into the second category. He came through easily against Schuettler but by the looks of the scoreline the German didn't show up. I think Nadal will crush him here, and should go under this number. KOUBEK @ 2.62 totesport. Koubek has played excellently so far, beating two tough opponents for the loss of just one set. He's definately worth a go here. H2H is 2-1 with all a while ago, but it does show Mathieus dislike for lefties, going 15-27 against them. He's had a bit of a soft draw so far, beating Hanescu and Capdeville, and I'm not sure he's in the form of last year. Have to side with the form player here at a decent price. ANDREEV +7.5 @ 1.8 Boylesports. It's nice to get the 7.5 games here, with most places going 5.5 or 6.5. Andreev is improving it looks like this year after starting slowly, and he's caused Gasquet a lot of problems in the past, actually leading H2H 3-2. I understand why he has success, as his massive topspin hurts Gasquets beautiful backhand. Gasquet was great against Lopez, but the Spaniard made a lot of errors, and I'm sure this one will be tighter. These two met last week with Gasquet coming through 6-3 7-6 and Andreev had chances. Expect Gasquet to come through, decent chance of 4 sets and Andreev should cover this number. FISH @ 2.00 Coral. The money is coming in for Fish and expect him to start as the fav everywhere. He was awesome in the last round against Robredo and he's the type of player when his serve works he can go on a great run. Good record here including reaching the quarters last year beating Ljubicic and Ferrer on the way. Nieminen started the year playing very well but has struggled a lot so far, going 5 with Dancevic and a break down twice against Levine. He can't afford to do that here as Fish will be much tougher to break.

I keep getting drawn into handicaps and total games, probably going to end up in :cry YOUZHNY -2.5 games @ 1.83 Will Hill. This being 2.5 games instead of 3.5 is important as Youzhny can get through in 3 breakers. Anyway, still not convinced in Karlovic, Sela had a great shot against him in the last round but really well apart. Youzhny has been playing really well this year, and I see him getting through this alright. Also I think that Youznhy WILL break the Karlovic serve, and that should be enough to cover this cap easily even if he drops a set, as I can't see Karlovic breaking. Nadal v Simon Up to and including 31 games @ 1.83 Paddy. This is a nice number, as over books doing over/under are going for 28.5 and 29.5. This one including a 6-4 6-4 6-4 and even a 7-6 6-4 6-2 which is nice. Nadal has faced two guys so far, one who had a good serve which made it tight for a while, and one who didn't, where he gave up 4 games. Simon fits into the second category. He came through easily against Schuettler but by the looks of the scoreline the German didn't show up. I think Nadal will crush him here, and should go under this number. KOUBEK @ 2.62 totesport. Koubek has played excellently so far, beating two tough opponents for the loss of just one set. He's definately worth a go here. H2H is 2-1 with all a while ago, but it does show Mathieus dislike for lefties, going 15-27 against them. He's had a bit of a soft draw so far, beating Hanescu and Capdeville, and I'm not sure he's in the form of last year. Have to side with the form player here at a decent price. ANDREEV +7.5 @ 1.8 Boylesports. It's nice to get the 7.5 games here, with most places going 5.5 or 6.5. Andreev is improving it looks like this year after starting slowly, and he's caused Gasquet a lot of problems in the past, actually leading H2H 3-2. I understand why he has success, as his massive topspin hurts Gasquets beautiful backhand. Gasquet was great against Lopez, but the Spaniard made a lot of errors, and I'm sure this one will be tighter. These two met last week with Gasquet coming through 6-3 7-6 and Andreev had chances. Expect Gasquet to come through, decent chance of 4 sets and Andreev should cover this number. FISH @ 2.00 Coral. The money is coming in for Fish and expect him to start as the fav everywhere. He was awesome in the last round against Robredo and he's the type of player when his serve works he can go on a great run. Good record here including reaching the quarters last year beating Ljubicic and Ferrer on the way. Nieminen started the year playing very well but has struggled a lot so far, going 5 with Dancevic and a break down twice against Levine. He can't afford to do that here as Fish will be much tougher to break.
With Youzhny absolutely agree,look: 5,30 Youzhny M. RUS 10. 8. 16 6 7 1 41,00 22,00 Karlovic I. CRO 24. 35. 15,5 11 2 1 32,50 6,00 Dont understand?;)

I keep getting drawn into handicaps and total games, probably going to end up in :cry YOUZHNY -2.5 games @ 1.83 Will Hill. This being 2.5 games instead of 3.5 is important as Youzhny can get through in 3 breakers. Anyway, still not convinced in Karlovic, Sela had a great shot against him in the last round but really well apart. Youzhny has been playing really well this year, and I see him getting through this alright. Also I think that Youznhy WILL break the Karlovic serve, and that should be enough to cover this cap easily even if he drops a set, as I can't see Karlovic breaking. Nadal v Simon Up to and including 31 games @ 1.83 Paddy. This is a nice number, as over books doing over/under are going for 28.5 and 29.5. This one including a 6-4 6-4 6-4 and even a 7-6 6-4 6-2 which is nice. Nadal has faced two guys so far, one who had a good serve which made it tight for a while, and one who didn't, where he gave up 4 games. Simon fits into the second category. He came through easily against Schuettler but by the looks of the scoreline the German didn't show up. I think Nadal will crush him here, and should go under this number. KOUBEK @ 2.62 totesport. Koubek has played excellently so far, beating two tough opponents for the loss of just one set. He's definately worth a go here. H2H is 2-1 with all a while ago, but it does show Mathieus dislike for lefties, going 15-27 against them. He's had a bit of a soft draw so far, beating Hanescu and Capdeville, and I'm not sure he's in the form of last year. Have to side with the form player here at a decent price. ANDREEV +7.5 @ 1.8 Boylesports. It's nice to get the 7.5 games here, with most places going 5.5 or 6.5. Andreev is improving it looks like this year after starting slowly, and he's caused Gasquet a lot of problems in the past, actually leading H2H 3-2. I understand why he has success, as his massive topspin hurts Gasquets beautiful backhand. Gasquet was great against Lopez, but the Spaniard made a lot of errors, and I'm sure this one will be tighter. These two met last week with Gasquet coming through 6-3 7-6 and Andreev had chances. Expect Gasquet to come through, decent chance of 4 sets and Andreev should cover this number. FISH @ 2.00 Coral. The money is coming in for Fish and expect him to start as the fav everywhere. He was awesome in the last round against Robredo and he's the type of player when his serve works he can go on a great run. Good record here including reaching the quarters last year beating Ljubicic and Ferrer on the way. Nieminen started the year playing very well but has struggled a lot so far, going 5 with Dancevic and a break down twice against Levine. He can't afford to do that here as Fish will be much tougher to break.
13,87 Nadal R. SPA 2. 3. 26 6 6 1 67,00 18,00 Simon G. FRA 30. 56. 10 8 3 2 25,25 7,00 4,47 Mathieu P.H. FRA 17. 32. 15 10 4 2 33,00 10,00 Koubek S. AUT 61. 84. 7,5 10 2 2 24,50 4,00 4,87 Gasquet R. FRA 11. 11. 19 7 3 1 39,00 9,00 Andreev I. RUS 35. 61. 6,5 7 2 2 26,50 4,00 1,93 Nieminen J. FIN 29. 33. 15 11 6 2 46,00 16,00 Fish M. USA 49. 34. 14 9 2 1 32,50 6,00

Re: Australian Open, Men Yes Fish have chance to win,Nadal bet good too.Andreev +7.5 too.About two crazy mans Mathieu P.H. -Koubek S I dont know;).Very interesting to talk with you,but I speak in russia like lithuania.I learn english one,no teachers sorry.:sad

Yes Fish have chance to win' date=Nadal bet good too.Andreev +7.5 too.About two crazy mans Mathieu P.H. -Koubek S I dont know;).Very interesting to talk with you,but I speak in russia like lithuania.I learn english one,no teachers sorry.:sad
That's fine your English is pretty good, certainly better than my Russian:ok

What about Roddick game?Can he make an 3-0?
He can but it will be very tough. Kohlschreiber is playing excellently and can give Roddick some problems. Bookies going odds on for the 3-0 which is a shocking price, 2.18 on Betfair a bit better but I think I'd want quite a bit more to be backing it. Actually Roddick seems a decent lay at 1.21 for trading, expect him to be higher than that at some point.

Re: Australian Open, Men KOHLSCHREIBER +6.5 @ 1.83 Will Hill. Like this for this mornings entertainment. Kohlschreiber is in cracking form, 9-1 so far this year with the only loss being to Ljubicic. He seems a lot more solid than he used to be and his serve has more heat. He's turning into a genuine hard court force and can cause Roddick some problems. Roddick has been untroubled thus far, but Kohl is a few levels up from his previous opponents Dlouhy and Berrer. These two met in a shock 4th round encounter here 3 years ago and Roddick came through 6-3 7-6 6-1 which at least showed Kohl keeping it close for 2 sets, and he's improved massively since then. Roddick in 4 tight sets for me, Kohlschreiber easily covering this 6.5 games.

Re: Australian Open, Men Hi guys, following picks for tomorrow: AUSTRALIAN OPEN DAVYDENKO TO D YOUZHNY @ 1.67 at bwin These odds are too high to miss the opportunity and I am almost sure they will go done to something like 1.5. Nothing wrong with Youzhny but Davydenko is still a level above him. He is too consistent, has 3:0 H2H record over Youzhny and has a great Australian Open record (three QF in the row).

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ viewpost.gif What do you guys think about Philipp Kohlschreibers chances this year ? He looked very good last week winning in Auckland Could he be worth following until the qtrs if he gets a decent draw ?
Andy Roddick third round:ok
Now that he's out of the way, any reason apart from tirdness not to continue to back Phil in the next round ?

Now that he's out of the way' date=' any reason apart from tirdness not to continue to back Phil in the next round ?[/quote'] That's the only reason - it was a long one today, finished close to 2am and the 'buzz' of getting such a huge win on a big stage. H2H is 4-2 to Nieminen but Kohlschreiber has won the last two, and with the improvements he's showing this year it should be straightforward.

Re: Australian Open, Men Berdych v Monaco OVER 35.5 games @ 1.83 Bet365. Like the look of this one, can get over in 3 tight sets but expect this to go to 4 and then the over should be comfortable. No idea what Monaco was doing messing around with Delic, after being 2 sets and 5-2 up he ended up taking it down 8-6 in the fifth. But, I'm willing to ignore, as he's been playing well this year and is improving on hard courts and can give Berdych problems. Berdych always seems to disappoint me, and today I fancy an average performance from him. He's been very comfortable so far, but the opposition has been poor and this will be a lot tougher. Ferrer v Spadea UNDER 31.5 games @ 1.83 Sporting Odds. Very pleased to take 31.5 here, as other books go 29.5. Spadea has had a couple of wars with Stepanek and Gremelmayr, and I'm sorry, but he's been bloody lucky to get through. I can't see him coping with Ferrer, who has been in excellent form. 6-4 6-4 6-4 would be an acceptable result for this number, and I struggle to see it going longer. CILIC v Gonzalez @ 2.92 Betfair. Odds have been dropping for this, but still worth a go. I'm backed Cilic in the 1st and 2nd round and he's come through without dropping a set and I still have faith. Gonzo has been up and down a lot since the Aussie last year and I don't see him recapturing that form. It might even be an added pressure on him during this event, and he struggled a bit against Lee which was disappointing. Cilics serve should keep this tight and when it gets tight we'll see how Gonzo is feeling. FERRERO v Nalbandian @ 3.0 Betfair. I've been very impressed with Ferrero so far, and willing to have a go on him causing a big upset. His serve looks good, his movement looks better than it has for a while and his groudies have been top class. Nalbandian obivously finished last year as the best player in the world, but has had some fitness concerns this year and I'm not sure he's going to back up his reputation. He struggled for a while with Luczak and will need to put in a much better performance here. H2H is 2-2 Ferrero winning the last two but all a while ago. HEWITT v Baghdatis @ 2.36 Pinnacle. As soon as the Baggy/Safin I said I was going to back the dog in this one so here we are with Hewitt. I still can't split this game from 50/50. Hewitt has played pretty well so far depsite a bit of a discouraging scoreline against Istomin but Denis played extremely well. I like what Hewitt has been trying with the serve/volley even if it is just to affect the returners rythem. Baggy came through against Safin and was good but really Marat imploded at the end. Obviously he loves it here and in the night match - which will probably be late after Bandy/Ferrero - the atmosphere should be great. Baggy won last year in 4 at Wimbledon but that was a bad start from Hewitt and after the 1st set it could have gone either way. Hewitt to get revenge for me.

Re: Australian Open, Men Nice one Mr. I, also went on Cilic, when i was watching Bagdhatis vs Safin the commentators were discussing who they fancied and one of em said Cilic was a bit of a dark horse, been playing really well and is progressing nicely. Thought the odds were too high in his match. Looking forward to the Hewitt vs Bagdhatis match after...:ok

Nice one Mr. I' date=' also went on Cilic, when i was watching Bagdhatis vs Safin the commentators were discussing who they fancied and one of em said Cilic was a bit of a dark horse, been playing really well and is progressing nicely. Thought the odds were too high in his match. Looking forward to the Hewitt vs Bagdhatis match after...:ok[/quote'] :ok Don't think we'll get Hewitt today, unless Venus is really quick - not sure what the cut off time is for starting a match:unsure

Yeah thats what they said on bbci too' date=' its like midnight over there isn't it? If they start the match will it have to be completed?[/quote'] It's 11pm now, Venus having a bit of a struggle (nice one christo;)) so doubt they'll be on much before midnight. It's indoors with lights etc so no reason to stop - could be playing at 4am:zzz