Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners

Burnley Joe

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners Sad state of affairs for both you and Fenners - I don't think from the letters they ever had any intention of paying up. The most galling thing is that he'll probably go bust, and start again somewhere else in a similar line of business. He can't be struggling too much personally to enjoy a jolly in the carribbean ! I must say you both (You and Fenners) deserve great admiration for the way you have handled yourselves

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners what a bunch of crooks. Again and again they fail to deliver on promised timescales. Going back to the begining, did they ever explain why they couldn't deliver on the orginal wsop package ? Was it simply money ?? Truely worrying thing is, how many more Goalpokers are trading out there, ready to go under at a minutes notice, don't think their business model was much different to other sites. Although I do think they wasted a fortune on crappy advertising, the whole "where football meets poker" things was clearly rubbish. The serious high stakes poker players need to make a profit don't care about fotball, all they care about is poker. Just realised I'm writing about Goalpoker in the past tense:hope Assume that this is on every Poker forum on the planet, and gone to the press. Looks the perfect thing for the BBC show Watchdog imho

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners Sorry we're late on all this (we were alerted to the post/forum by a mutual friend)....and what we can say will add no comfort on the matter We too have had problems with Goal including failure to pay up and also including defaulting on the WSOP packages. We have also endured the endless replies promising funds.... After several weeks of giving them the benefit of the doubt, and really going beyond what could be reasonably expected of us, we had to send out the follow to our members last weekend.

As you may already be aware from the forums, Goal Poker have been having problems meeting their payments to affiliates and others. In addition Goal also defaulted on sending their players to the WSOP when the players had won their seats fairly (and Absolute Poker actually stepped in and paid for the players to go). Therefore we need to inform you that as of midnight last night we will no longer be able to offer you Goal Poker rakeback. The reason for this is as follows: ....Whilst we have always honoured every rakeback payment to you the players, totalling tens of thousands of $$$, we have been running this at a loss based on the false promises of Goal Poker management to deliver the funds to our account....While we have given them every opportunity to make good on the debt, we can no longer afford to carry them. We will of course honour all payments up until midnight last night (Saturday 23rd September) and these will be paid as normal next month. We can help any of you with existing Absolute accounts who want to return there with rakeback, to create new ones. Just contact Jessica for more information
We know that Absolute are embarrassed by the whole episode. We don't think Mssrs Fitz and Goal care as they have shown no effort to keep us updated on the funding issue in the last 2 weeks. As such we can only empathise with all of you whom have been misled by Mr Fitz et al....it's not a small club...and it's certainly not exlcusive. With best wishes RakeTheRake

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners

:welcome Rake the Rake Funny enough I`m a member, I fully appreciate your support and only hope that more companys who are owed money speak out you are a star I hope you get your money BUT NOT BEFORE ME AND FENNERS!!:ok LOL Cheers joe
Thanks for the welcome Joe! Only sorry this had to be our first post. We would love to see the "Punter's Lounge 2" paid. Sadly i think we are both so far down the list of creditors that it would not be inappropriate to mix words such as "chance", "hell" and "snowball" in the same sentence...... Pay the Punter's Lounge 2!!! Pay the Punter's Lounge 2!!! Pay the Punter's Lounge 2!!!

Joe i'm sure you won't lose $10k if you take this to court with comments like If this email or the offer is in full or part posted on Punters Lounge, or any other forum, I will assume you have rejected the offer and that any claim to compensation in any capacity has been declined by you both. This is between us gents. This sounds very underhand, I just hope that you had Fenners permission to post your emails on this site. Good luck with legal proceedings.
I was working last night but have been in constant touch with joe since we went to vegas and we both agreed we had given GP enough time to cough up even tho we recieved this mail yesterday asking for more time Dear Joe/Andy.. I understand you are seeking recompense with Goal Poker over monies due. Please be advised that I am acting on behalf of the company in trying to pull together what is effectively a rescue mission. This could well be resolved very quickly as is indeed the objective. Without this being successful the company will be closed down with no assets or cash at hand as it is technically insolvent. I am sure you will appreciate the seriousness of the situation and give us a period of grace to try and resolve things so that all the creditors can be paid accordingley including yourselves. I think we may have met in Ibiza actually. You wont find me looking to make excuses for whats gone before or the sad situation that resulted in the WSOP fiasco. I am trying to help turn things round though and would appreciate your understanding. Nick Fitt is currently acting in a manner according his fiduciary duty by law in doing everything possible to allow this deal to happen in the creditors best interests. If you would like to speak to me directly feel free to call me on 07913 068613 Best regards Gary Trowsdale Lambeth Walk Films Limited 5 Audley Square London W1K 1DS [email protected] www.lwfilms.com just replyed too late to this mail

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners Elmcroft, The fact remains they signed no agreement stating they would or would not discuss this matter further after they had or before they had received the proposed compensation. GoalPoker still owe the money but I think it's clear for all to see, you've 2 hopes of seeing it and we know what they are. ;)

Who are "Lambeth Walk Films" and where do they come into this? :unsure
Well, the Lambeth Walk is a dance, and it does sound as though it has uncanny resemblances to Goalpoker's business methods ...
Man on inside in Line of Dance (LOD) - outside at each time Take 8 walks forward. On the 8th step the man turns slightly to right to face lady. Man and lady now link left arms and strut around in a circle again taking 8 walks. On the 8th step the man unlinks arms and offers his right arm to the lady, who links her left arm in his right. Finish both facing LOD. Man commences with left foot and lady right foot and continue:- Take 3 walks forward counting 1, 2, 3. Transfer weight back to rear foot, count "and". Transfer weight forward to front foot, count 4. Repeat the 3 walks and the Rock, the man commencing with right foot and lady left foot 1, 2, 3 and 4 Unlink arms and continue:- Man walks 2 steps towards the centre. Lady walks 2 steps towards the wall count 1, 2. Both man and lady turn to face each other and close feet together, count 3 Slap both hands on the legs, just above the knees and at the same time bend slightly forward. Count 4. Both man and lady walk 2 steps towards each other, count 1, 2. Close feet together, facing partner and about 3 feet apart, count 3. Raise the hands (right) about level with the head and give the cockney salute, shouting "Oi" Turn to face the LOD and repeat from the start.

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners a couple of mails from ted at GP he was one of the good ones Guys quick email…

Although this won’t be much coming from a GP employee ‘good luck out in Vegas’.

I’ve asked John Ethan from the AP Team to take care of you out there. You are going with the best team in Poker, so whatever happens you will be certain to have a great time. In Vegas you will be with Michael Mizarachi (num 1 in the world at the moment) Mark Self (2 WSOP bracelets) and Lacey Jones top female player and very attractive. AP will also be hosting one of the biggest parties in Vegas

Once again I would like to apologise for everything that has happened and any stress that the situation has caused. The repocutions of the companies’ actions are being widely felt and it is not a pleasant environment to be in. Personally I’m saddened since I was meant to take care of you two out in Vegas during the WSOP along with Julian Morel. I have already spoken to Joe about your situation regarding the WSOP and what you should do with GP once the tournament is over.

As for me I don’t believe that I want to carry on in GP, since this has happened and will hand in my resignation in due time. In the world of online poker integrity is key to success and an integral part of customer relations, GP has clearly breached this factor, and the consequences are terrifying (
Paul Ross Pl Etc
). This should have never happened and have strongly made me question the company I work for.

Anyways hope you guys have a great time in Vegas and get in the cash.

Best regards

Ted

Guys

Still at GP leaving at the end of the month:

Ted

Ps. Hope everything is well he has since departed along with harry and julian

GP has clearly breached this factor, and the consequences are terrifying (
Paul Ross Pl Etc
).
Am I really that terrifying?! :loon Pene says I'm a little pussycat, well at least she did until she heard me shouting at Harry from GP on the phone, she promptly changed her mind! :lol

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners I got an email (automated) from Goalpoker today. Dear CAPTAINQUADS First and foremost, we want to thank you for choosing to play at GoalPoker! We realize that you have a choice when making the decision to play online poker and we appreciate you selecting GoalPoker. This is a friendly reminder to let you know that you currently have $30.00 awaiting release from your Pending Account at GoalPoker. These pending bonus funds will expire on 2006-10-10 if they have not been converted to your available cash balance by following the steps described below. It`s easy to earn bonus money at GoalPoker! Simply play in either our ring games or our tournaments and the funds will be converted as you earn points for playing in raked hands and as you contribute to tournament buy in fees. For each hand that you play in (that is raked $0.50 or more) and for each $1.00 in tournament buy in fee that you pay, you will receive 1 point towards the release of your bonus money. Once you have reached 100 points, $10 will be transferred from your pending bonus account to your available cash balance. Feel free to email us at [email protected] if you have any questions regarding this process or the expiration of your funds or if there is anything else that we can help you with. Good luck at the tables & thank you for playing at GoalPoker! Sincerely, Jessica Cooper Team Goal ~ GoalPoker Cashier [email protected] My response:- "Hahahahahahahahahaha. KR, Barry."