Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners

Burnley Joe

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners RE: Inside Edge NUFC tournament on Goal Poker with a value of £1200! (stated in bold lettering in the Inside Edge mag) This was meant to be worth £1200 as stated and included all expenses again, travel, food, drink and a hotel overnight I actually received 2 tickets to the game and a meal in the magpie suite which has a value of £149 per ticket, and a £50 bar tab, which had to be shared between 8 people!!! Because i lived in newcastle, they refused me my travelling expenses, so even the taxis' cost me £20 return and the hotel was pointless.....i even asked goalpoker 3 times to cancel the hotel for me and allow me to use it for the ibiza trip....to which they replied....no...it has to be used for the liverpool game as stated in the prize. Now......YES ive had a lot of prizes off goalpoker, and YES i was very happy to get them, but looking back now. it seems that the half arsed job on the Inside Edge prize was only the beginning!

• Replies 713
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners

Yeah - have to say - hats off to NUFC :clap :clap :clap They do still have a link to GP in this weeks newsletter - but I presume this is an oversight rather than choice.......
Yes they do....but im too damn lazy to email em lol.....will do it now!

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners if i can just touch on what morlspin has posted,,like him i was one of the first to win the ibiza trip,and yes it was a good time albeit i believe that was down to the great people that won through and not necessarily goalpoker...what was promised by them was spot-prizes like swimming with sharks and other similar prizes which they never done,,i have been searching for the actual advert and if i find it i am sure that trading standards would be very interested, i would like to say big-up to NUFC for pulling all the advertising:notworthy

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners well joe and fenners were promised the wsop(they never got it)then they were promised the jci instead(they never got that) first time they were told by e mail they were not going to vegas,this time(to my knowledge)goalpoker have not mentioned they are not sending them to Turks and Caicos islands(which was meant to be some compensation) 2 direct promises that have been broken,i would be taking legal proceedings.

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners lol - just been back to their site - they still advertise the Ibiza trip to be won!!!!!! Their "fixture list" advertises all the competitions that are running last FEBRUARY!!!! And if you want the latest news "GP @ the WSoP! The biggest tournament in poker is back, with a top prize of $7 million plus! The last two winners qualified via online tournaments, and Goalpoker’s Team will be well represented there. Keep your eyes peeled for special tourneys and Frequent Player Point promotions between now and the summer – our weekly update e-mails should tell you all you need to know to play the best of the best, so register now and start being a player!" They're still advertising that you can win the prize that they didn't deliver on!!!! :loon :loon Looks like they have totally given up keeping their site current......

"GP @ the WSoP! The biggest tournament in poker is back, with a top prize of $7 million plus! The last two winners qualified via online tournaments, and Goalpoker’s Team will be well represented there. Keep your eyes peeled for special tourneys and Frequent Player Point promotions between now and the summer – our weekly update e-mails should tell you all you need to know to play the best of the best, so register now and start being a player!" They're still advertising that you can win the prize that they didn't deliver on!!!! :loon :loon
It's piss poor that they can't be bothered to update their own website but bragging about a prize they didn't pay out is fcuking outrageous:@:@:@:@ Rick if your reading this surely that will convince you that something needs to be said to alert poker players just how "shady" goalpoker are?

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners I'd been led to believe that, although Absolute had paid, that goalpoker had ultimately footed the bill - don't take that as gospel though. I'm also in private dialogue with certain people away from the open pages of this forum obviously! Point taken though.

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners However, in future anything like this - non-payouts, suspected dodgy dealings etc the best thing to do is to send a letter about it to us directly at [email protected] . We'll only too happily print it and it makes it a lot easier for us to get stuck in and try to make things happen, which we promise we will do next time. I hold my hands to say that we missed the boat on this one to begin with but next time this happens let us know and we'll definitely get involved. Obviously that's not to say we're not following the GP situation but looking forward we do want to back players to the hilt so do flag up dodginess with us. We could start a scandal corner in the mag... Cheers fellas, Rick

I'd been led to believe that, although Absolute had paid, that goalpoker had ultimately footed the bill - don't take that as gospel though. I'm also in private dialogue with certain people away from the open pages of this forum obviously! Point taken though.
Even if Goalpoker footed the bill for that, Joe and Fenners still had to pay for their own flights, accomodation etc, which were all part of the package they originally won. I bet if Absolute had not stumped up the buy ins (even if Goalpoker paid them back and IMHO I still think that's a big if) then Joe and Fenners would have got sweet FA.

However' date=' in future anything like this - non-payouts, suspected dodgy dealings etc the best thing to do is to send a letter about it to us directly at [email protected] . We'll only too happily print it and it makes it a lot easier for us to get stuck in and try to make things happen, which we promise we will do next time. so will you be publishing about the compensation promise of seats at the jci tourney?NOT GIVEN

[so will you be publishing about the compensation promise of seats at the jci tourney?NOT GIVEN
people shouldnt be asking Rick this......its up to Joe and Andy to do that, at the end of the day, there keeping quiet for a reason and til its either sorted or they say its ok, then id be asking them 1st:ok

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners I disagree morls they have broken another promised trip,regardless of what is happening with fen and joe they should be shown for the liars they are.2 trips have been promised,neither have been delivered. i agree joe and andy are the main issue,but also everyone who ever played a qualifier for wsop or jci have been cheated pure and simple.

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners Maybe they are keeping quiet FOR A REASON?? A reason they cannot discuss in an open forum and maybe others continually piping up about this subject is not helping them resolve the issue/reason?? just a thought Damo ps I am not disagreeing in principle with your point, however it might be best if the rest of us shut up and let the two involved speak when they are ready?

I disagree morls they have broken another promised trip,regardless of what is happening with fen and joe they should be shown for the liars they are.2 trips have been promised,neither have been delivered. i agree joe and andy are the main issue,but also everyone who ever played a qualifier for wsop or jci have been cheated pure and simple.

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners hello all, i am a new member here and just got to this site because i searched for goal poker... i have heard the darling of a poker site, goal poker, offered ten people the chance to go to the Johnny Chan invitational as long as they played 500 raked hands and got 5 friends to do the same. (so 3000 raked hands total, quite a bit) but you will never guess what??? yup, your right. a few days before the off it was cancelled. so thats 30000 raked hands that got played on their site. hmmm.. just thought id let ye know... btw great site

Re: Goalpoker - Can't/Won't pay its Winners The official website hasn't been updated in what appears to be ages. What's this bizarro shiat!? Last piece of news you'll find anywhere was THREE days ago about how Jamie Gold was leading with 30 players left in. http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_news/news_story/1364?class=PokerNews The Goal Poker website is down. Nothing on Absolute Poker other than the fact you could qualify for the chance to be there. Nothing on their forums. Devilfish is talking about it on his blog but no recent updates. Nothing on PokerPages. Bodog? Goalpoker? Conspiracy theorists will eat this up with lashings of sauce.

Maybe they are keeping quiet FOR A REASON?? A reason they cannot discuss in an open forum and maybe others continually piping up about this subject is not helping them resolve the issue/reason?? just a thought Damo ps I am not disagreeing in principle with your point, however it might be best if the rest of us shut up and let the two involved speak when they are ready?
Great minds Damo :ok

hello all, i am a new member here and just got to this site because i searched for goal poker... i have heard the darling of a poker site, goal poker, offered ten people the chance to go to the Johnny Chan invitational as long as they played 500 raked hands and got 5 friends to do the same. (so 3000 raked hands total, quite a bit) but you will never guess what??? yup, your right. a few days before the off it was cancelled. so thats 30000 raked hands that got played on their site. hmmm.. just thought id let ye know... btw great site
Hi Jimbob, :welcome to punters lounge Really sorry to hear about whats happened, yet another disgrace by goalpoker who yet again fail to deliver a prize. Do you have any proof of this tho, emails, offers, banners etc, anything at all we can use to help shut this disgrace of a company down? my email addy is [email protected] if you have anything at all that we can use. Again, welcome to punters lounge, sorry its in these circumstances but i hope you stay around and enjoy it here!:ok Graeme

The official website hasn't been updated in what appears to be ages. What's this bizarro shiat!? Last piece of news you'll find anywhere was THREE days ago about how Jamie Gold was leading with 30 players left in. http://www.cardplayer.com/poker_news/news_story/1364?class=PokerNews The Goal Poker website is down. Nothing on Absolute Poker other than the fact you could qualify for the chance to be there. Nothing on their forums. Devilfish is talking about it on his blog but no recent updates. Nothing on PokerPages. Bodog? Goalpoker? Conspiracy theorists will eat this up with lashings of sauce.
Cheers Stereoman, been searching myself but also cant find any info......