** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Goal Poker and anything to do with it

morlspin

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Goal Poker

Terrific Match 3-1 we won and i came back home semi pissed! top notch day, hospitality was great, and Ted from GP was a diamond Starter : Tomato Soup Main : Fillet Steak with potato and salad Dessert: Ice Cream Sorbet type thing Two bottles of wine, and 4 pints (for me) included! Cant wait for the liverpool game now! Get a hotel for that too, any ladies interested haha
Good result alround mate :ok Must say Nobby's goal was out standing :clap :clap :clap

Hmmmm. I think some one is cheating although I could be wrong... cheat4gw.jpg cheat21ex.jpg Never admitted or denied anything, and was extremely cagey.:@
I think her brothers name is ALAN and YES! she does it regularly, did it last night too. Some one said "Hi Alan" she said "No its Danni, hes out tonight!!!!!" Go figure!

Hopefullly GP will see this tomorrow' date=' and action should be taken[/quote'] I doubt it, Haven't even had the decency to reply the E-mails (TWO), i have sent them regarding your (Now edited) post, (10 i think) and the second place i had in the "Unscheduled" 2nd "Ibiza" tourney. If you remember, the original post spoke of the top 3 winning prizes so i wasn't too disappointed with runner up, as the prizes hadnt been announced and as in your own words, we were just playing poker and what ever came was a bonus........RIGHT UP UNTIL THEY ANNOUNCED WINNER ONLY! AND IT WAS A TRIP TO IBIZA!!!!!!! After the semi sarcastic reply to my post, about anything for runners up, of "Try again.....", I E-mailed my points above to them and got...............NOTHING! No reply.....sod all. OK i thought, bite your toungue and wait.............Nothing. Then, to REALLY rub it in, i start reading posts on here and getting -mails from friends, telling me of people who had ALREADY WON on GP, getting EXTRA PRIZES/OFFERS! (Not only you) SO......off go's E-mail number Two and after 9 days.................Yeah, you guessed it................F*** ALL! Conclusion, (my opinon obviously and not in anyway a dig at you Morl, just of GP).........The E-mail i am expecting to receive from Goal Poker will read something like: "Thanks for your support and patience but we are now established and so dont give a toss about your problems/grievences. Also, even though we made a mistake by running those tournaments early and not publiscising the Prizes on offer, so you may not have treated them as seriously as you could have, so putting yourself at a disadvantage, we at GP feel that our time and efforts would be better used by dealing with people who may be of advantage to us and not you." 2 things to add with regards the above post....... 1st/ This is my opinion of GOAL POKER, Nothing and No-one else! 2nd/ This post is NOT meant to generate replys from anyone EXCEPT GOAL POKER (although as they haven't done so to E-mails i doubt it) as perhaps now my thoughts are in the public domain(which i NEVER intended originally!) it may lead to some dialogue. C.R.

I doubt it, Haven't even had the decency to reply the E-mails (TWO), i have sent them regarding your (Now edited) post, (10 i think) and the second place i had in the "Unscheduled" 2nd "Ibiza" tourney. If you remember, the original post spoke of the top 3 winning prizes so i wasn't too disappointed with runner up, as the prizes hadnt been announced and as in your own words, we were just playing poker and what ever came was a bonus........RIGHT UP UNTIL THEY ANNOUNCED WINNER ONLY! AND IT WAS A TRIP TO IBIZA!!!!!!! After the semi sarcastic reply to my post, about anything for runners up, of "Try again.....", I E-mailed my points above to them and got...............NOTHING! No reply.....sod all. OK i thought, bite your toungue and wait.............Nothing. Then, to REALLY rub it in, i start reading posts on here and getting -mails from friends, telling me of people who had ALREADY WON on GP, getting EXTRA PRIZES/OFFERS! (Not only you) SO......off go's E-mail number Two and after 9 days.................Yeah, you guessed it................F*** ALL! Conclusion, (my opinon obviously and not in anyway a dig at you Morl, just of GP).........The E-mail i am expecting to receive from Goal Poker will read something like: "Thanks for your support and patience but we are now established and so dont give a toss about your problems/grievences. Also, even though we made a mistake by running those tournaments early and not publiscising the Prizes on offer, so you may not have treated them as seriously as you could have, so putting yourself at a disadvantage, we at GP feel that our time and efforts would be better used by dealing with people who may be of advantage to us and not you." 2 things to add with regards the above post....... 1st/ This is my opinion of GOAL POKER, Nothing and No-one else! 2nd/ This post is NOT meant to generate replys from anyone EXCEPT GOAL POKER (although as they haven't done so to E-mails i doubt it) as perhaps now my thoughts are in the public domain(which i NEVER intended originally!) it may lead to some dialogue. C.R.
The edit on the post (10) was just cos of wording and a couple of typo's When i got the 1st reply from gp regarding the prizes after i had won, they did say that the top 3 would qualify for the next round of the tournament, and that an extra prize would go to the winner only, which we now know is the Ibiza weekend. As far as your emails go m8, i spoke to the tournament director "TED" at the match on saturday, and i told him about fenners money not being credited despite numerous emails, and i also mentioned that people were getting sick of the lack of replies from customer service. He said he will look into it for us as that "wasnt his side of the job". EDIT! Have a look at post 21 for the replies i have written about above

The edit on the post (10) was just cos of wording and a couple of typo's When i got the 1st reply from gp regarding the prizes after i had won, they did say that the top 3 would qualify for the next round of the tournament, and that an extra prize would go to the winner only, which we now know is the Ibiza weekend. As far as your emails go m8, i spoke to the tournament director "TED" at the match on saturday, and i told him about fenners money not being credited despite numerous emails, and i also mentioned that people were getting sick of the lack of replies from customer service. He said he will look into it for us as that "wasnt his side of the job". EDIT! Have a look at post 21 for the replies i have written about above
As i said in my post above mate, this is NOT a dig at you or your promotion of GP but as you say in your reply, we were under the impression that we were playing for top 3 places and qualification! As at the time i was CHIP LEADER on TWO different sites, GP being one of them and as far as i was aware i had already got through, the obvious thing to do was "All in" it and concentrate on the other site while waiting with a smile to see when the next round of GP was. I can assure you that smile was wiped of my face PRETTY BLOODY QUICKLY! when it was announced it was winner only and i, through no fault of my own(open to interpretation) had thrown away the chance to win a fantastic prize!!! As an example, last week i qualified for the "Super Sunday" final (ala GaF tonight:clap ) and as it was "Top Ten" through ,it then was "All in" city cos we were all through to the next phase........EXACTLY what happened in the GP game!!! Do'es anyone REALLY think i would play so loose with THAT much at stake?? As far as i was concerned, it was a QUALIFIER and GP then announcing it was not and to do NOTHING about what was in effect their mistake and to continue to ignore my repeated E-mails is, again my opinion, a bloody disgrace. Although, as i mentioned above, who cares about a cock up if it can be swept under the carpet? even if it has caused a customer to be driven to making what was a private grievence, into a public "Attack and Defend" arguement on a Forum that has done nothing but support them? Regards to you Morl. C.R.

Re: Goal Poker I do agree with you chelski as I was of the opinion that I was just in the next round of qualifiers as this was what it said in top corner of tourney info As i am obviously delighted to be going without having to play again I do feel for you and do also agree that the response to e mails is pretty hopeless as I have sent a few myself without reply especially about the $1200 I won on the 1st and still no sign of it .saying that the site do have excellent prizes if they could up their customer support and give better clarification of the prize details this would definately my 1st choice poker site at the mo

Re: Goal Poker I too have had no response from emails regarding a champions league win. However when I won the first dream team tourney:rollin the $600 was immediately credited to my account. Because somebody during the tourney said the prizes had been put up in error and it should just be a qualifier I pulled the money straight into neteller but have had no requests to have it back. I must admit due to the prizes and the 'mostly' good play it is my favourite site at the mo. Mick

I do agree with you chelski as I was of the opinion that I was just in the next round of qualifiers as this was what it said in top corner of tourney info As i am obviously delighted to be going without having to play again I do feel for you and do also agree that the response to e mails is pretty hopeless as I have sent a few myself without reply especially about the $1200 I won on the 1st and still no sign of it .saying that the site do have excellent prizes if they could up their customer support and give better clarification of the prize details this would definately my 1st choice poker site at the mo
Thank you for your comments mate and it is nice to have a bit of support as regards the prize structure, so vindicating(imho) my way of playing at the end of the tourney. With regards to your comments about their site being possibly your first choice, i must admit, untill all the problems above reared up, it would have been mine too and with a decision to be made soon where to concentrate my bankroll (due to my deciding not to use SO) it is annoying to say the least to STILL! have not been contacted by GP!!!! Then again, what do they care about one disgruntled customer now they have the publicity for their site they so obviousy needed to generate depositing customers!!!!!!!) Perhaps now the points i raised in my original post are being corroborated and more instances of poor customer service are surfacing, GOAL POKER are maybe hoping i will shut up and go away...........NO CHANCE!!!! The more this eats away at me and the more information comes to light, the more i am determined to get some answers from GP! WELL GP??????? Over to you......not holding my breath tho........... C.R.

Re: Goal Poker Chelski, Im in complete agreement with ya too m8 Im waiting for emails back, and im now beginning to wonder why i play here at all Ive deposited my money using my visa card, direct into GP, and they wont put it back on there! The automated page states i must use netteller or firepay, which i dont use, or they will charge me $8 for a slow cheque( up to 15 days) or more for a faster one! FCKIN RIP OFF!

Re: Goal Poker I'm getting rather confused!!! On 2 March morl says Goal are the best thing since sliced bread. Today he says they are shite. Which is it m8?

THIS IS WHY IVE BEEN BIGGING UP GOAL POKER!!! Its an email i have just received, now if any company out there deserves a mention at the min its GP! Well done, You have just won a VIP day out watching the Toon! “Why?” You may ask. “I haven’t won the Newcastle tournament yet”.

Well Graeme, not yet, no (although you’re gonna love the Ibiza World Cup trip – it’s incredible!). But you’re a player at Goalpoker, and, we’re guessing, a Toon fan as well.

To us, that’s a good enough reason to send you on a VIP trip this weekend to see the lads take on Bolton. You see, the spirit of Goalpoker isn’t just about being the best, although we’re planning to help our players get better and better through the year. It’s about being a player, and that means loving your poker and your football.

So get yourself down to the Milburn Stand reception at St. James’ Park at 1pm this Saturday 4th March to pick up your ticket. You’ll get a slap up meal and top flight seats for the match.

We’re always looking for feedback about Goalpoker (which is why we pay attention to forums like the Punters Lounge) and we aim to be the best site in the world for any football fan to play poker, so keep in touch and enjoy the game (plus let us know by return if you’d like to go!)

Cheers for your support so far Morlspin, and Be a Player!

The Team at Goalpoker

Official Poker Partner of Newcastle United F.C. :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana :nana THE BEST POKER SITE ON THE PLANET AT THE MINUTE!

I'm getting rather confused!!! On 2 March morl says Goal are the best thing since sliced bread. Today he says they are shite. Which is it m8?
In Morls defence, he was commenting on the fact that after NUMEROUS attempts to contact Goal Poker due to the amateurish running of the site, they eventually surfaced and made a lot of grand promises and gestures. I think we were all taken in by their grandiose and extravagant claims of what was/would be on offer(YES! i am aware that some people have received prizes/supposed offers of prizes!) and of how they took on board all our complaints and querys and would be doing all they could to rectify them and that they were THE! answer to our prayers: An honest,trustworthy site which put their customers at the top of their priority list!...........Since then, "GoalPoker" has not visited this forum since the TWENTY THIRD OF FEBRUARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Funnily enough, this was around the time GP thought they had covered their asses with the "Exclusive" announcement regarding the prizes on offer for the CLGP and WCGP tourneys and thinking that Morl would carry on "Bigging up" their site to all and sundry, little knowing that due to their incompetence.....YET AGAIN!!!....He would have to re-think his position on GP due in no uncertain terms to their COMPLETE INDIFFERENCE TO THE CUSTOMER!!!!! I, for one, do not think that GP will be posting on here again as, in my opinion, there is NO excuse for the blatant disregard of "Valued"(Dont make me F***ing laugh!) customers. On a personal note to Morl, hope you get it sorted mate and i, along with most others on here i would think, feel for you about the treatment you are receiving from a site you did your best to help. Disgraceful.........other words spring to mind but i'm sure GaF, Dr V etal dont want to have to ban me for abusive language, even tho in GP's case it is VERY hard not to!!

Re: Goal Poker Cheers C.R I have to admit to all, that yeah i was taken in with the promise of prizes etc, and yeah, i was bigging them up. However, Unanswered emails, dodgy cashier facilities, no sign of the mystery GP poster, and a lot of crap on their site (leaving passwords on pages to uk members only, for it to fill with yanks!) I do however like the play on the site, but thats not enough to keep me there, Im going vip to see the NUFC vs Liverpool game, and will be having words with which ever manager turns up. I think that if anyone has grievences, they should send them to me via email, and ill actually hand them over at the game! How does that sound? PM ME FOR MY EMAIL IF YOU DONT HAVE IT ALREADY

Cheers C.R I have to admit to all, that yeah i was taken in with the promise of prizes etc, and yeah, i was bigging them up. However, Unanswered emails, dodgy cashier facilities, no sign of the mystery GP poster, and a lot of crap on their site (leaving passwords on pages to uk members only, for it to fill with yanks!) I do however like the play on the site, but thats not enough to keep me there, Im going vip to see the NUFC vs Liverpool game, and will be having words with which ever manager turns up. I think that if anyone has grievences, they should send them to me via email, and ill actually hand them over at the game! How does that sound? PM ME FOR MY EMAIL IF YOU DONT HAVE IT ALREADY
If you would be so kind as to take copy's of post numbers............................. 162/164/168/171 It would be much appreciated on my behalf. I think those just about cover my problems and i hope that your original faith in them is not in vain as i truly believe you have done more than was deserved by GP in your promotion of them. Good luck mate, your en-ending help in this is very much appreciated. C.R.

Re: Goal Poker I don't want to seem like 'Mr. Angry' all the time, saying this and that site are crap, but this is another of those sites that I want to be supportive of, but shoot themselves in the foot. Very early on in this thread Morls thought he had won a prize - no details. I then took the mickey, and Morls took it in the spirit it was intended, and we communicated by PM. Basically Morls and I had our own theories about what was going on, what prize it was etc... - we were right.:\ It WASN'T going to the world cup. Obviously Morls is delighted with his Ibiza trip, and if he's happy with his prize then all is well and good, despite Goalpoker being purposelfully vague (my opinion). Unfortunately I don't know whether this is false advertising that Goalpoker have done, but they have said something in their tournament description that has caused you to act in a certain way Chelski, and I would certainly be very angry in your place. I would also think that;

We’re always looking for feedback about Goalpoker (which is why we pay attention to forums like the Punters Lounge) and we aim to be the best site in the world for any football fan to play poker
If this were true the least you can expect is a gesture of goodwill... started writing this at 7pm ;)

I don't want to seem like 'Mr. Angry' all the time, saying this and that site are crap, but this is another of those sites that I want to be supportive of, but shoot themselves in the foot. Very early on in this thread Morls thought he had won a prize - no details. I then took the mickey, and Morls took it in the spirit it was intended, and we communicated by PM. Basically Morls and I had our own theories about what was going on, what prize it was etc... - we were right.:\ It WASN'T going to the world cup. Obviously Morls is delighted with his Ibiza trip, and if he's happy with his prize then all is well and good, despite Goalpoker being purposelfully vague (my opinion). Unfortunately I don't know whether this is false advertising that Goalpoker have done, but they have said something in their tournament description that has caused you to act in a certain way Chelski, and I would certainly be very angry in your place. I would also think that; If this were true the least you can expect is a gesture of goodwill... started writing this at 7pm ;)
Thank you for your comments Valiant and although they are written(and meant, i am sure) as a personal opinion(as opposed to a PL Mod), to have someone such as your self commenting on this subject go's a long way to bolstering my opinion that i, indeed all of those on PL with grievances, are being treated with disdain by GP. I am unsure as to when Morl's trip to NUFC is (will look asap) so i have decided to withhold the E_mails/letters to certain Online E-zines and witten/published Poker magazines BUT! i can assure all concerned that if there is no positive results in this matter, make NO MISTAKE, i will make this a damn site more public than it is at present. Anyone think this is a bit strong?........Try this.....I sent ANOTHER E-mail last night and ANOTHER today. No reply to either...........NO BLOODY SURPRISE THERE THEN!! As for V's comments about "......the least you can expect is a gesture of goodwill..."...........I cant even get them to ACKNOWLEDGE me, so i wont be holding my breath on THAT one either. C.R.

Re: Goal Poker A few sites operate this way ..................... accepting payment by credit card or bankcard, but not letting you withdraw funds that way ................ I had it happen at golden palace and it pissed me off .................. it pissed me off even more when i had to supply various forms of id before they would let me withdraw my winnings to Netteller :@ It wouldn't have bothered me as much if it had been clearly advertised beforehand

To withdraw my money, ive had to sign up to a 3rd party ( netteller ) deposit to that then to my bank account in a week or so pathetic
At least your gonna get it back mate. Out of interest did they E-mail you to tell you this or did you have to find out yourself? After finding out that YOUR money was unavailable to you? My money(and its staying mine till GP sort their crap out!!) is on you doing it yourself!! C.R.

At least your gonna get it back mate. Out of interest did they E-mail you to tell you this or did you have to find out yourself? After finding out that YOUR money was unavailable to you? My money(and its staying mine till GP sort their crap out!!) is on you doing it yourself!! C.R.
Ive deposited my money using my visa card, direct into GP, and they wont put it back on there! The automated page states i must use netteller or firepay, which i dont use, or they will charge me $8 for a slow cheque( up to 15 days) or more for a faster one!
Usually when this happens you only find out when you try to withdraw the money and see it doesn't give you credit card or bank cards as options ...................... you've got no choice but to use one of the methods it gives you the option of :sad ..............even if that means having to open a netteller account (or equivalent) :\