** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Goal Poker and anything to do with it

morlspin

Re: Goal Poker If I may add my little comment.... I noticed, and have just checked the tourney on the 11th, that it states that "Travel to and from the UK is not included within the prize fund" Now does that mean you pay for the flight and GP pay the rest or is it to do with anybody that wins outside of the UK. Not very clear or is it me not reading it right??

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Goal Poker I was intending to make a deposit on Goal Poker today. Having now perused all the posts since my last post, that deposit is on hold until I see some semblance of a response from Goal Poker to the members of this forum. I also don't think it's going to be worth expending time on the Ibiza freerolls. I'm feeling doubtful about whether the winners will ever see their prize.

Re: Goal Poker Where to start...? Regards email answers or lack of, I will pick this up internally and revert back. Regards downloads, we are working with Java to understand why this is an issue. I understand we are not alone on this and maybe Mo Face's comments on XP are to be considered, thanks. Chelskired However, Unanswered emails, dodgy cashier facilities, no sign of the mystery GP poster, and a lot of crap on their site (leaving passwords on pages to uk members only, for it to fill with yanks!) As stated previously, we try our hardest to ensure UK players play in these tournaments. Unfortunately (as with this forum too!) people post the passwords to help mates, this spreads like wildfire and hey presto, lots of our US friends signing up. So, we now ensure prizes originate from the UK, would someone fly from LA to watch Newcastle? I too am at a loss as to what a mystery GP poster is? Please expand? I am unsure as to when Morl's trip to NUFC is (will look asap) so i have decided to withhold the E_mails/letters to certain Online E-zines and witten/published Poker magazines BUT! i can assure all concerned that if there is no positive results in this matter, make NO MISTAKE, i will make this a damn site more public than it is at present. Anyone think this is a bit strong?........Try this.....I sent ANOTHER E-mail last night and ANOTHER today. No reply to either...........NO BLOODY SURPRISE THERE THEN!! I suggest that route whilst making you feel better will not improve the situation or goodwill and trust between us. There are two options as I see it, 1. provide a bullet point mail to the forum owner, I will meet him and on behalf of you he can seek re-assurances to your concerns. 2, Collate the same and I will meet Morlspin or whoever is going to be at the match against Liverpool on the 19th (if Morlspin is prepared to speak on your collective behalf in private). I woukld be quite happy for the forum manager and Morlspin to attend the match, you decide) Valiant23 Very early on in this thread Morls thought he had won a prize - no details. I then took the mickey, and Morls took it in the spirit it was intended, and we communicated by PM. Basically Morls and I had our own theories about what was going on, what prize it was etc... - we were right.:\ It WASN'T going to the world cup. Obviously Morls is delighted with his Ibiza trip, and if he's happy with his prize then all is well and good, despite Goalpoker being purposelfully vague (my opinion). Unfortunately I don't know whether this is false advertising that Goalpoker have done, but they have said something in their tournament description that has caused you to act in a certain way Chelski, and I would certainly be very angry in your place. In reply, we were "appearing vague" as we had yet to finalise the plans. As previously posted, the first WC tourney was set in error. Irrespective, we have honored the results. I also recall explaining the stance of FIFA with respect of 06 tickets. The idea of an alternative World Cup struck us as something we could deliver and ensure we had control and all players would have fun. It is chaos trying to get flights to Germany at the moment, let alone tickets for decent matches. We now have a Boing 737 booked and planning is well underway for a very cool event. Sorry and surprised you seem dissappointed. Regards payment processing. We are working on systems to get money back into accounts. Whilst these exist, it is not quick and easy to do. we will not compromise with flaky systems. NETeller is a very credible solution to use in the interim and long-term. The restrictions for card processing are placed upon on line gaming by VISA and Mastercard. It is not our inefficiency, again when/where we meet I will explain in full. I take claims of fraud in any capacity very seriously, where comments have been made about certain players I will investigate. Consider that underway. Clearly, our attempts at enthusiastic information delivery (marketing?!) have left many of you confused. This is ridiculous and I am angry and ashamed. Through internal training, I will improve upon the information you receive, in both clarity of tone and accuracy. Interesting and terrifying how this thread has changed in a relatively short time period. I am bitterly dissapointed that having met some of you personally, heard your praise personally, only now to be rubbished publicly. Clearly I need to work harder with my team. I will not accept claims that we are con. Think about it?... How much has anyone paid to win a prize? Of course, we hope you will play in more tournaments and join in the RG play. But, I assure you the cost to me for Ibiza is massive, the Pro-am 5-a-side was a guaranteed $30k, The Champions League of Poker final is in total twice the prize pool in cost to me. How on earth are we conning you? Simply not true. We have delivered on our promises - however inelloquently. And we will take on board your notes and comments and improve. With that in mind, I believe you can PM me from this forum? If Chelskired, Gazza 271, Mo Face have any outstanding issues, please let me know by PM. THIS IS NOT SUPPORT. I will take that up separately. Please do not bombard my mail account, you may not believe it currently, but, the best route to have questions answered is through the support email address. There is also a 24 hour phone number for payment related issues, it is on the site and it is in the top right hand corner of the screen you are taken to after clicking 'deposit'. I assure you I will ensure support is better prepared for what are in actual fact run of the mill requests, I am sad and can only apologise for this. No-one at GP will hide behind hollow promises and I hope my offer to meet the forum owner in London or whoever is going to be at the Liverpool match shows this (again I re-iterate only if he or she is prepared to act on your collective behalf). To maximise the upside of this, please ensure that your concerns are clearly documented in an un-emotional tone. Nothing here is in-surmountable. I look forward to resolving this and getting back to playing poker

Re: Goal Poker I know I am repeating myself here............. But.............. When I won a prize....( trip to geneva to see England v Argentina ) it was a bit nervy while waiting for contact to give me the details. BUT....... When GoalPoker did contact me they sorted everything out in no time and were totally brilliant. I think Fenners will back me up on that. What I am saying is that I sympathise with everyones concerns BUT trust them. They came through with a fantastic prize despite my worries that I wouldn't hear anything. Trust GP. I do and commend them on their poker site, if not on the clarity and speed of info. I know this is important but them do look after you! I hope I can set the odd worried mind at some kind of ease. Danno

Re: Goal Poker

Chelskired no sign of the mystery GP poster
I too am at a loss as to what a mystery GP poster is? Please expand?
Thats you mate.;)
Unfortunately (as with this forum too!) people post the passwords to help mates
This forum has a policy on gate-crashing tournies. We try whenever possible to remove passwords to restricted freerolls. The fact that we may miss one or two may be excused (imo), as we're volunteer moderators.
I am unsure as to when Morl's trip to NUFC is (will look asap) so i have decided to withhold the E_mails/letters to certain Online E-zines and witten/published Poker magazines BUT! i can assure all concerned that if there is no positive results in this matter, make NO MISTAKE, i will make this a damn site more public than it is at present. Anyone think this is a bit strong?........Try this.....I sent ANOTHER E-mail last night and ANOTHER today. No reply to either...........NO BLOODY SURPRISE THERE THEN!! I suggest that route whilst making you feel better will not improve the situation or goodwill and trust between us.
And will promising one thing then going back on your word improve things? Chelskired followed the tournament rules and qualified. If you believe you have qualified by coming top 3 or 5 then whats the point of playing on? Chelski didn't, and is being told now that his qualifacation isn't good enough, AND that no one is showing him the common courtesy of explaining why. In reply, we were "appearing vague" as we had yet to finalise the plans.
Thanks for the positive comments. Must apologise for the World Cup prize. For some inexplicable reason and in a moment of madness the tourney was scheduled before it should have :wall .
I am pleased for the guys who are going to Ibiza, but we both know that advertising a tournament on the back of this years WC is going to create a massive buzz for any poker site, let alone one with a football theme. Much more than a "win a weekend in Ibiza" tourney.
Clearly, our attempts at enthusiastic information delivery (marketing?!) have left many of you confused. This is ridiculous and I am angry and ashamed. Through internal training, I will improve upon the information you receive, in both clarity of tone and accuracy.
Thats good to hear. I am so interested in your site and its promotions that I had to ASK to be 'spammed' (put on your mailing list). I still haven't received 1 e-mail. Enthusiastic?
I will not accept claims that we are con...........We have delivered on our promises -...............No-one at GP will hide behind hollow promises
That is in my opinion, debatable. Goal, Thank you for taking the time to reply, but the PM facility is inactive until you make 50 posts. I would also ask PLers to CONTINUE to share their concerns about ANY site in the open forum, and never keep them to the confines of a PM.

Re: Goal Poker GOALPOKER, a few points for you: 1. Due to your post count being low, no-one can PM you yet, unless Admin here have the facility to allow this??....GaF, Valiant?? 2. ""Chelskired However, Unanswered emails, dodgy cashier facilities, no sign of the mystery GP poster, and a lot of crap on their site (leaving passwords on pages to uk members only, for it to fill with yanks!) As stated previously, we try our hardest to ensure UK players play in these tournaments. Unfortunately (as with this forum too!) people post the passwords to help mates, this spreads like wildfire and hey presto, lots of our US friends signing up. So, we now ensure prizes originate from the UK, would someone fly from LA to watch Newcastle? I too am at a loss as to what a mystery GP poster is? Please expand?"" This comment was made by Morlspin, so i am unable to answer this question!!!!! 3. ""I am unsure as to when Morl's trip to NUFC is (will look asap) so i have decided to withhold the E_mails/letters to certain Online E-zines and witten/published Poker magazines BUT! i can assure all concerned that if there is no positive results in this matter, make NO MISTAKE, i will make this a damn site more public than it is at present. Anyone think this is a bit strong?........Try this.....I sent ANOTHER E-mail last night and ANOTHER today. No reply to either...........NO BLOODY SURPRISE THERE THEN!! I suggest that route whilst making you feel better will not improve the situation or goodwill and trust between us."" You are wrong in your assumption that this course of action would make me feel better and just out of interest, i am fully aware that it would not improve the situation. As for your comment about "Goodwill", i have yet to see any of that as yet but am prepared to see what is offered. 4. ""There are two options as I see it, 1. provide a bullet point mail to the forum owner, I will meet him and on behalf of you he can seek re-assurances to your concerns. 2, Collate the same and I will meet Morlspin or whoever is going to be at the match against Liverpool on the 19th (if Morlspin is prepared to speak on your collective behalf in private). I woukld be quite happy for the forum manager and Morlspin to attend the match, you decide)"" If you have read all the above posts you will be aware that we are indeed furnishing Morl with our relevant problems/grievences, to be presented to you on the 19/03/06 5. ""Interesting and terrifying how this thread has changed in a relatively short time period. I am bitterly dissapointed that having met some of you personally, heard your praise personally, only now to be rubbished publicly. Clearly I need to work harder with my team."" I can assure you that the ONLY reason the attitude towards GP has changed is because of the problems expressed in the posts above and NO other reason. I am sure that as this is a public forum, there would be no problems with YOU printing this thread off and not only presenting it to "the powers that be" at GOAL POKER, in it's ENTIREITY perhaps?? and also using it as a training aid in how NOT deal with "Valued" customers. C.R.

Re: Goal Poker 1. Ive made an offer to meet the forum manager/morlspin and answer all queries. 2. I have made a commitment to resolve the issues raised and meet to allay your fears and concerns. "there would be no problems with YOU printing this thread off and not only presenting it to "the powers that be" at GOAL POKER" "i am fully aware that it would not improve the situation" 3. I own Goalpoker. I take this criticism levelled at my site personally and will ensure my product excels. I cannot react to anything other than fact. I have no desire to get into an online war of words with you guys so, I will make no further posts until I have met with Morlspin and the forum manager on the 19th. I will ensure the meeting time/place allows for plenty of time to see the match.

Re: Goal Poker I will not accept claims that we are con. Think about it?... How much has anyone paid to win a prize? the dream team tourney was a $10 buy in and I definately entered it twice but think it was 3 times so I have paid to win a prize but as yet not received my prize (does anybody know of any other site where you dont have the money in your account straight after the tournament has finished) I dont think this site is a con as I have experinced 2 prizes, trip to geneva with danno to watch england and 4 vip tickets to watch newcastle and both were fantastic and I do believe the Ibiza trip will also measure up to my expectations If communication were better I believe this really will be one of the best sites as I have not experienced any of the problems that everyone complained about on sporting odds (played GP cash tables mtts for hours and not been disconected once) but having said that when I was in sporting odds live tv final the money($1500) was in my account by the time I returned from London

1. Ive made an offer to meet the forum manager/morlspin and answer all queries. Thank you, it is appreciated and i look forward to the outcome. 2. I have made a commitment to resolve the issues raised and meet to allay your fears and concerns. Again, thank you. I again look forward to the resolution of the questions i have asked regarding my grievences. "there would be no problems with YOU printing this thread off and not only presenting it to "the powers that be" at GOAL POKER" "i am fully aware that it would not improve the situation" 3. I own Goalpoker. I take this criticism levelled at my site personally and will ensure my product excels. If this is the case, i feel sure that a mutually agreeable solution will be found to this problem. I cannot react to anything other than fact. I have no desire to get into an online war of words with you guys so, I will make no further posts until I have met with Morlspin and the forum manager on the 19th. See answer to point 1. I will ensure the meeting time/place allows for plenty of time to see the match. I'm sure Morl will be happy to know that.;)

Re: Goal Poker Ill keep it short as im on MKOP but.... many thanks for coming on again and trying to clear up some of the probs At the minute the sites reputation is up and down due to having great games, and great prizes, but then the lousy part with lack of replies from email and bad cashier facilities Ive bigged up and put down goal poker, and to be honest! im confused as to what i think now! The NUFC vs Bolton ticket was great, i had a great time and cant wait for my Inside Edge/goal poker package for NUFC vs Liverpool on the 19th March Still no real details tho of the hotel/travel arrangements so far, however, and thats 6 weeks after winning it Thanks for taking time to read and reply to our posts again, it may be daunting and a lil annoying but it means a lot to us Morlspin

Re: Goal Poker i already know the answer i think...........dont shoot me if im wrong mind! Fenners and Slick Mick, u both qualified for the final round of the competition i beleive, i was told this a while back. As u may see, at the min the last 16 round is taking place for a place in quarter final round, etc, once these have been done it will be for a place in semis....u see where im going Then the final....which i am almost positive you guys have qualified for, but yeah ill ask when i see them to make sure

Also If Ya Reading This Gp, Any Jobs In Customer Service/marketting Going? Im The Guy!
At least we'll know who to have a go at then!!!!!:rollin :rollin Oh and no need to thank me for not Raising you with my A/K suited on your last $180 in your BB on Maxim this afternoon while BANG ON THE BUBBLE!!!;) I'm nice like that:ok See you Monday:nana

1. Ive made an offer to meet the forum manager/morlspin and answer all queries. 2. I have made a commitment to resolve the issues raised and meet to allay your fears and concerns. "there would be no problems with YOU printing this thread off and not only presenting it to "the powers that be" at GOAL POKER" "i am fully aware that it would not improve the situation" 3. I own Goalpoker. I take this criticism levelled at my site personally and will ensure my product excels. I cannot react to anything other than fact. I have no desire to get into an online war of words with you guys so, I will make no further posts until I have met with Morlspin and the forum manager on the 19th. I will ensure the meeting time/place allows for plenty of time to see the match.
Nick, With all due respect to morlspin, he has no authority to make decisions and you know full well who the forum owner is as I emailed you and you have never invited me or the Poker Moderators, GotaFancy, Valiant, Pocket Lady to anything. From now on, you should email [email protected] regarding anything commercial. Any technical or customer service issues can of course be still replied to on here, but please make sure it remains just that.

Re: Goal Poker Oh btw what does this mean Hello MicK,

Our team is glad to announce that you have been qualified for the Goal World Cup of Poker qualifiers.

We will give you more details about the next qualifier ASAP.

We are looking forwards to having some news, and to see you playing and winning in Goalpoker tournaments like the Champions League of Poker every, Thursday where you could win $50k plus a VIPs trip to see the final in Paris(password CLP06)...

Good luck!

Best regards

Goalpoker team

www.goalpoker.com

Found it in my old email and haven't a clue what it means.

Mick

Oh btw what does this mean Hello MicK,

Our team is glad to announce that you have been qualified for the Goal World Cup of Poker qualifiers.

We will give you more details about the next qualifier ASAP.

We are looking forwards to having some news, and to see you playing and winning in Goalpoker tournaments like the Champions League of Poker every, Thursday where you could win $50k plus a VIPs trip to see the final in Paris(password CLP06)...

Good luck!

Best regards

Goalpoker team

www.goalpoker.com

Found it in my old email and haven't a clue what it means.

Mick

it means youll be on a plane to ibiza with me morl and danno:nana