VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

rippyuk

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 When I was in Scotland last september visiting my family (Stranraer, sw coast) one of the pubs in the town held a weekly poker tourney on a sun nite...It's been bugging me how they got around the gambling laws to do this. It was £5 entry and the prize structure was the same as normal. Wouldn't it be good to do something local. G

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006

. nice 1 hen tell us how it goes coz i been lookin 4 decent game 4 ages ' date=' both days r good 4 me. no dout some of the others may b up 4 it loadsa us from kent now,and if any1 fancys a home game i dont mind hostin ,not big money or nowt but whatever ur all up 4.[/quote'] Uber. I'm asking nicely. Please don't use 'txt-spk' in your posts. I understand the need in table chat etc., but the owner has very kindly made available as many as 26 letters of the alphabet, along with various grammatical items. Bear in mind some of us a slightly older and still have to try and understand what you're saying. Cheers. :ok

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 I hope you all do better than me tonight....out in 240th...going through a bit of a bad run at the moment... havn't qulified yet. When you get 5 mins run, could you let me knoe how i did in the 2pm as i was late in and didn't get to see the placings before they wiped them.

I hope you all do better than me tonight....out in 240th...going through a bit of a bad run at the moment... havn't qulified yet. When you get 5 mins run, could you let me knoe how i did in the 2pm as i was late in and didn't get to see the placings before they wiped them.
Gal I've got you scoring 177 points in the 2pm so you must have been 69th (out of 245). I managed 4th so have qualified for monday but that was mostly because I entertained no-one but sit-outs for a long while. In the 8pm today I have floundered for the second time in 2 days against someone raising every hand. Again not many playing so turn came round too often and his QJ turned into a str8 against my A 10. I may stop posting on this thread for a few days 'cos I am putting too much pressure on myself to get into the top 10 and the cracks are definitely starting to show. :wall

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 Sommat to throw in the mix to you for opinions. And Sommat I need to vent my spleen on as I am really pissed off about it. :@:@:@:@:@:@:@ Seen this twice in the last couple of days, and that is people playing as someone else. Not talking about Simeons Missus playing when he's out at work, but have caught one guy playing his bro's account, cos he had gone out, and tonight one bod agreeing to play for someone else, while he is away, so he can qualify. Fair do's or not on? I say not on, since they are effectively playing two accounts. And they can nick points off us who are playing on our own merits!

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 well played morl. :clap:clap Lot better than me (sassen frassen full house for oppo on river when I held nut flush!):wall:wall Not having a go at you mate. Think what really made me very angry was the fact they openly agreed it chatting at the table and they are doing well!!!. (Though I could use it for blackmail since I have a copy of the transcript!)

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 30 something (or there abouts this afternoon.) 11th tonight which im happy about, lost a load of chips early on. Had a calling station on my table who couldnt be knocked of any pots and kept catching on the river. Didnt realise you were playing as your dad morl, liked the little touch of saying "wtg dad" :) now transfer those bluffing skills to the poker table.

75th and 22nd today' date=' thats a fair few points today!!!! ( i make that 443? is that right runadrum?) [/quote'] Once I've scored each game I only save the points not the position. I've got you on 442 points for the day :clap and the 168 for the 2pm means I must have thought you were in 78th place. I do check them against the official leaderboard when updated. I have you 16th overall now, but you dropped one to 19th after the 2pm ! (leaderboard deleted)

On a different note' date=' kudos to Maxim. Won the book and shirt on Monday, and it arrived today. They certainly have got their distribution people sorted this time round. Well done to them!!:nana:nana[/quote'] I agree mate, my shirt and book arrived after a couple of weeks or so (with Christmas inbetween). One guy this afternoon however, Paintbal, must have won the first weekly final before I started and seemed to be saying that he had heard or received nothing as a result. I guess it was strange that there was no email first saying I had won something (albeit the lowest prize).

I agree mate, my shirt and book arrived after a couple of weeks or so (with Christmas inbetween). One guy this afternoon however, Paintbal, must have won the first weekly final before I started and seemed to be saying that he had heard or received nothing as a result. I guess it was strange that there was no email first saying I had won something (albeit the lowest prize).
Last year, i didnt receive my invitation until the morning of the final, 2 hrs before i was due to get my train down!! if i was to qualify again this year, ill be emailing a lot more to get it sorted faster

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 They only sent out the tickets after the top 10 on the leaderboard had been confirmed, as I was worried as I had seen nowt a few weeks after I won a WF. No reason to assume they will do any different this time round. Still, just hope we all get tickets!!!!

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 12th. Got clobbered halfway through the second hour by DaMatrix, who won it. Raised to 2000 with 77, to try to go heads up with Mr Sinister, only for DaMatrix to go all in. after consideration (2k was 40% of my stack) I folded, which was the right decision when he turned over AA (no 7 appeared on the board thankfully), but after that I never got any good cards at all. Still, was a cracking night. I think they should invite the top dozen from last year back myself :D

How far down did any prizes go ?
It was 'winner take all' in the grand final runadrum. :( The winner got the main prize (£5k, entry into the 'VC Cup' live tournament, invites to a Maxim photo shoot + UK & US Maxim parties), plus all the prizes that were given to 2nd - 9th places in the Monday weekly finals. I think the final 3 players agreed that whoever won, would share the £5k cash, giving £1k each to 2nd & 3rd.

Re: VC/Maxim King of Poker 2006 ooooooh, so close :wall Maxim updated the leaderboard today and of course I went to my score first which was only one point different to my total so I thought it was looking good (I could easily have miscalculated by one). I then noticed they had duplicated my score (114 points) for the 2pm on 10th January so they have still not included the 113 missed earlier ! And it looks as if they have duplicated all the scores from the 2pm on 10/1. I can feel another email coming on .......

wp Gal. (though I make it u got 391):clap:clap Must be lucky 13 for us. 470 points for me today Came 49th this afternoon as a dcon, and 39th tonight, and was even stiffed by a straight on the river!.:eek
wp mate...at least we are keeping this end of Kent up :D

Uber. I'm asking nicely. Please don't use 'txt-spk' in your posts. I understand the need in table chat etc., but the owner has very kindly made available as many as 26 letters of the alphabet, along with various grammatical items. Bear in mind some of us a slightly older and still have to try and understand what you're saying. Cheers. :ok
sorry valiant like you say being from a younger generation im more used to texting ,plus im possibly the worst typist in the world but for you i'll get back to plain speaking english .mind you i'll probably get rsa in the one finger i use to type with