PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please..

Big Andy

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. Yep, enjoyed it Danny - well done and cheers for the game. :clap Best o'luck with the rest of the comp!

NIGWAFC 0 Danny Cash 2 Unlucky Nigel mate, think the last game was decided on one hand really... KJ v KQ K, J and Q all on the board.... Thanks for a good match! :ok DC

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please..

Tournament Update Well the top half of the draw has made very quick progress and all of round 1 matches have been completed. There is already 1 Quarter-Final match up decided. Progress in the bottom half has not been so quick however, There are still two 1st round matches to be completed (pistonbroke v guesswest and GazBlades v gazabroad). Just a reminder, there is just under 48 hours remaining for these Round 1 matches to be completed (deadline Wednesday @ 18.00hrs). Best of Luck to those still involved :ok
As gazabroad said, we've had problems in that 1 of us has been available each day, but the other hasn't. We'd arranged it for Monday, but then I remembered I wasn't in. Is Wednesday night going to be a problem? If (a big if!) I win, i'm available pretty much every night for the next week or so.

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. Me 2 - Piston 1 Thanks for the games Piston. As in the last match I lost the first game. It ended when I semi-bluffed an open ended with one card to come and Piston short, he called with 2 pair and my straight fell on the river.

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. I have beat Paul 2-0. GG m8. The first game was a bit ridiculous and lasted all of 4 mins. We both went into it playing as maniacs - and we ended up pot committed after the River with substantially less than top pair!!! Fortunately for me, my 77 held up against his 66, but it could just as easily been the other way round!!!!! Second game was up and down for both of us - thought I was down and out, but had the right cards at the right time to get back level ..... we both played a lot better in this one, and again I was fortunate to get the right cards (and I think bad cards at the right time when he was strong)...... Could seriously have been 2-0 to Paul - I feel I escaped a bit there!!!!

I have beat Paul 2-0. GG m8. The first game was a bit ridiculous and lasted all of 4 mins. We both went into it playing as maniacs - and we ended up pot committed after the River with substantially less than top pair!!! Fortunately for me, my 77 held up against his 66, but it could just as easily been the other way round!!!!! Second game was up and down for both of us - thought I was down and out, but had the right cards at the right time to get back level ..... we both played a lot better in this one, and again I was fortunate to get the right cards (and I think bad cards at the right time when he was strong)...... Could seriously have been 2-0 to Paul - I feel I escaped a bit there!!!!
Cheers Gaf. You're giving me too much credit though, I wasn't on my game and played like a muppet for the majority of the time. Good luck in the later roundsbigokay.gif

As gazabroad said' date=' we've had problems in that 1 of us has been available each day, but the other hasn't. We'd arranged it for Monday, but then I remembered I wasn't in. Is Wednesday night going to be a problem? If (a big if!) I win, i'm available pretty much every night for the next week or so.[/quote'] I don't know if my opinion counts for anything here as the next round opponent of the winner, but I have no problem with this. I can't play the next round today or tomorrow anyway, so your being a few hours late won't delay the rest of the tournament. I can play most times Friday evening or over the weekend. Maybe the winner could PM me to fix a time?

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. Very well played DMC, cheers for the games :) Last call was prob a bad one by me with trips, a fairly weak hand. Had flopped the set and DMC went all in over my reraise at the river. Thought it through and couldn't put him on a better hand before the river from the betting. The board was flushing but didn't hit so the only thing that really made sense was a missed draw. Turns out his pocket sixes had rivered a six to make the boat. Best of luck in the next :)

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. Cheers Guesswest, well played yourself too. I got very lucky with some river cards. Some good sportsmanship on both sides too. We both had technical problems at some stage during the match, but neither of us raised the other to try and steal the blinds. Apparently this hasn't been the case in all the games (tut, tut.) Stereoman, can we make our game either tommorow or friday?

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. Fair enough if you don't want back-to-back matches. I don't want to be in a miserable mood for the weekend so sure, I'll go for a Thursday match but I can't guarantee that I'll be available between 5:30pm and 10:00pm (I've been ill for the past two days but I'm getting better). What time do you want?

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. Fcuk it. I'm ill but not enough to not to go to work for a third day-in-a-row (I'm feeling a lot better though). 10:30pm onwards tonight is OK otherwise I've already set the parameters when I'm available so pick an alternative time.

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. gazabroad v GazBlades. There has been numerous attempts to get this match played, I pm`d both players to explain that they had a short extention beyond the deadline, that being they had until midnight. It was also previously confirmed by both players, in the thread, that they intended playing their match last night (Wed). I was kept informed by GazBlades all of last night that there had been no sign of gazabroad. I had the final pm from him at midnight when he told me he couldn`t wait any longer and was logging off. I`ve checked gazabroads PL activity and the last time he logged in here was late on the 28th Nov. What I`m going to suggest is in no way any reflexion on gazabroad as we have no idea of why he hasn`t shown up, I sincerely hope everything with him is ok:hope . Neither have I been prompted to do this by Gaz Blades, he said in his pm that he didn`t want to go through by default and really wanted to play this match. However, in the interest of keeping the competition progressing smoothly and completing within the deadline issued by Betfred, Tournament admin suggest that GazBlades is awarded the match and should progress to Round 2 as we have no firm idea if and when gazabroad will show up again. Many Thanks BA/GaF?

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. :cry Hi everybody, my sincerest apologies for not being able to get back to you all. I dont know if you have read or seen the news recently but on monday night we had severe storms all over the Canary Islands. Here in Gran Canaria we were quite lucky that the damage was limited really to just losing phone lines and the odd boat or two. Tenerife still doesnt have electricity I believe. Anyway I have literally only just in the last 5 mins got my internet connection back and have come straight to you guys. I am really sorry and obviously accept Gaz goes through and I wish him all the luck.:ok Apologies again and also to Andy for giving me every chance to play even after the deadline. Thanx and sorry :$

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. I echo that too. As i've already told Gaz and Andy, I didn't want to go through like that. However even trying last night to sort out us playing it, we wouldn't have got the game on until saturday. Therefore Slapdash will have the pleasure of beating me tonight!

Re: PL Heads UP - Standings, matches and Results in here please.. GazBlades won 2-0. The first game was a real marathon ... we got back to 1500 chips each more times than I care to remember, and I really lost it when I slow played trips and didn't notice the possible straight. The second game I went a bit behind and this time when I had trips (fours) I managed to get called all-in. It was looking good until three queens made my third 4 look rather irrelevant and Gaz won with a better full house. Well played Gaz!