View Limits On Oddschecker

Just clicked on to the oddschecker site to check the masters golf and was told I'd reached my view limit and if I wanted to carry on it would cost £9.99 a month.

Has anyone else come across this. I don't think I look at it that much,maybe 5 10 times a day.

11 minutes ago, tonythepaint said:

Just clicked on to the oddschecker site to check the masters golf and was told I'd reached my view limit and if I wanted to carry on it would cost £9.99 a month.

Has anyone else come across this. I don't think I look at it that much,maybe 5 10 times a day.

Just looking at the overall odds or were you clicking on a player to see the history of any odds movement? Not aware on any restrictions in just looking at current prices but there were posts recently that suggested you had to be signed in to see the odds history for horse racing. I think @MCLARKE and @The Equaliser were party to the discussion.

21 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

Just looking at the overall odds or were you clicking on a player to see the history of any odds movement? Not aware on any restrictions in just looking at current prices but there were posts recently that suggested you had to be signed in to see the odds history for horse racing. I think @MCLARKE and @The Equaliser were party to the discussion.

Just wanted the odds for the masters, didn't click on any history.

3 minutes ago, tonythepaint said:

:\ Oh dear, be interested to see how that unfolds as I need it for my anytime goalscorer betting, I’m not aware of any other site that has the same coverage. I wonder if they’ve lowered the limit with The Masters and National coming up. Google “Oddschecker Unlimited” for a bit of background. There is mention of a limit on free views of odds comparison grids.

Out of interest, do you sign into Oddschecker currently? I’ve never had a free account but I know some people do as it allows you to customise the bookies list etc. I guess being signed in makes it easier to track how many views you’ve had.

7 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

:\ Oh dear, be interested to see how that unfolds as I need it for my anytime goalscorer betting, I’m not aware of any other site that has the same coverage. I wonder if they’ve lowered the limit with The Masters and National coming up. Google “Oddschecker Unlimited” for a bit of background. There is mention of a limit on free views of odds comparison grids.

Out of interest, do you sign into Oddschecker currently? I’ve never had a free account but I know some people do as it allows you to customise the bookies list etc. I guess being signed in makes it easier to track how many views you’ve had.

I was signed in. I must of done it months ago and forgotten about it. 

So I logged out and tried again.

Same thing happened.

"You've reached your view limit"

They won't tell you what the limit is.

I'm just going to stop using it.

13 minutes ago, tonythepaint said:

Well here's the thing, these days there is so little between the bookies that it doesn't really matter in my view. I just use bet365 because i cant be arsed scrolling through loads of shite for the sake of the odd point. For what its worth my opinion is Hovland at 33/1 is a big price. Mcllroy at 10/1 is a shocking price. if Hovland cocks up in the first or second round go in again to small stakes at the huge price he will become, this bugger can put 9 birdies together at random times as he did on a good few occasions last year.

16 minutes ago, yossa6133 said:

Opening it on another browser seems to work if you're on pc (until that limit is reached anyway!).

Yeah, that crossed my mind. I’m just going to use it as normal and see if I have any problems. Anyone fancy working out what the limit is? :lol

4 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

Well here's the thing, these days there is so little between the bookies that it doesn't really matter in my view. I just use bet365 because i cant be arsed scrolling through loads of shite for the sake of the odd point. For what its worth my opinion is Hovland at 33/1 is a big price. Mcllroy at 10/1 is a shocking price. if Hovland cocks up in the first or second round go in again to small stakes at the huge price he will become, this bugger can put 9 birdies together at random times as he did on a good few occasions last year.

I've also been blocked.

It is another reason why I think all my bets will end up on the exchanges.

I will only bet with a bookmaker if it's best odds on oddschecker, with profit margins being tight it can make all the difference.

Yeah used oddschecker all the time but its just a pain now. As for McIlroy not disagreeing that 10/1 is a crap price but i took a super boost with bet365 18/1 outright and 3  places x2 bets i think that's a fair enough but not everybody's cup of tea.

1 hour ago, MCLARKE said:

I've also been blocked.

It is another reason why I think all my bets will end up on the exchanges.

I will only bet with a bookmaker if it's best odds on oddschecker, with profit margins being tight it can make all the difference.

Blocked also. Maybe Punters Lounge can become the new free oddschecker? 

49 minutes ago, Tedthewolf said:

Yeah used oddschecker all the time but its just a pain now. As for McIlroy not disagreeing that 10/1 is a crap price but i took a super boost with bet365 18/1 outright and 3  places x2 bets i think that's a fair enough but not everybody's cup of tea.

Been following the golf quite studiously the last 3 years and i have learned to cross a few off the list and Mcillroy is one of them reason? He cant seem to put 4 rounds in, Shauffelle, Hatton, Fleetwood and Lowry are bottlers to my eyes and there are a hell of a lot that are only good enough to earn a good top 20 living. The hungry ones are the ones that interest me more. I quite like that performance from Bahtia 80/1 ew seems fair but there were very few top bods playing in that tourny he won to get in here. the ones i like are Hovland (but he is pissing about with his swing trying to fix what wasn't broken), Zalatoris, Nieman, Fitzy, Aberg and Cantlay.

Speith and Morikawa are good players but seems to have lost it a bit like Mcillroy, Windham Clark has been really good for a while now. Sheffler is brilliant and the one to beat but that price is not an incentive to bet on him. Van Rooyen at 200/1 (bet365) to finish top 5 seems a good ew bet. The Liv players form is hard to judge but most of them are over the top or lost incentive to a cushier life.

• 1 month later...

Just hit the view limit for the first time (been looking at loads of Euros antepost markets).

Seems I can still look at other sports and today's football but not (on same device) any more of the Euros markets. Hopefully it resets tomorrow. 

Hopefully my usual day to day activity remains within the limit. Certainly no way I'd be paying £9.99 a month (hard to imagine anyone would).

8 minutes ago, harry_rag said:

Just hit the view limit for the first time (been looking at loads of Euros antepost markets).

Seems I can still look at other sports and today's football but not (on same device) any more of the Euros markets. Hopefully it resets tomorrow. 

Hopefully my usual day to day activity remains within the limit. Certainly no way I'd be paying £9.99 a month (hard to imagine anyone would).

There doesn't seem to be any set amount i've found. Some days i can use it a lot and other days i get blocked after about 7 or 8 uses. It's a pain in the arsenal to be honest, because i liked to see how the odds had gone throughout the day, but as soon as you do that more than once, you get blocked it seems. I was going to pay thinking it was £9.99 for ever, but per month is taking the p*ss! 

40 minutes ago, LeMale said:

There doesn't seem to be any set amount i've found. Some days i can use it a lot and other days i get blocked after about 7 or 8 uses. It's a pain in the arsenal to be honest, because i liked to see how the odds had gone throughout the day, but as soon as you do that more than once, you get blocked it seems. I was going to pay thinking it was £9.99 for ever, but per month is taking the p*ss! 

I use it a lot day in day out but it's typically looking at the anytime market on loads of different games. I've never had an issue in that respect. Hammering the antepost markets seems to have been the issue today so maybe going back to the same event or group of markets is more likely to be a problem. Hopefully a one off but we'll see how it goes.

Maybe I can subscribe and put it on expenses, how about it @StevieDay1983 :lol

2 hours ago, harry_rag said:

Sadly I have subscribed (I think @The Brigadier also has) partly to check historical prices and also to be able to separate the few bookies I can use.

I am tempted just to use the exchanges, it would make life a lot easier.

On 6/3/2024 at 4:25 PM, harry_rag said:

I use it a lot day in day out but it's typically looking at the anytime market on loads of different games. I've never had an issue in that respect. Hammering the antepost markets seems to have been the issue today so maybe going back to the same event or group of markets is more likely to be a problem. Hopefully a one off but we'll see how it goes.

Maybe I can subscribe and put it on expenses, how about it @StevieDay1983 :lol

That's above my remit mate! :lol I'm still just coming to terms with this whole subscription idea from Oddschecker. I get it but it's a tough pill to swallow for a lot of us that can claim to have contributed to them getting to where they are now. A bit of a slap in the face to the users.

• StevieDay1983 changed the title to View Limits On Oddschecker
20 minutes ago, StevieDay1983 said:

That's above my remit mate! :lol I'm still just coming to terms with this whole subscription idea from Oddschecker. I get it but it's a tough pill to swallow for a lot of us that can claim to have contributed to them getting to where they are now. A bit of a slap in the face to the users.

Yeah, it's a bit like having to pay for Compare the Market! I can't see them getting much custom at the current price but maybe it'll edge downwards to some extent. So far it's not been an issue for me barring the antepost binge yesterday so hopefully it will remain the case.

I need it more for my betting than the job to be fair so I'd be pushing it to add it to my "rider". :)

On 6/3/2024 at 5:28 PM, MCLARKE said:

Sadly I have subscribed (I think @The Brigadier also has) partly to check historical prices and also to be able to separate the few bookies I can use.

I am tempted just to use the exchanges, it would make life a lot easier.

Yes @MCLARKE it is a vital part of my tools to find winners so had no option tbh. I tried using attheraces’s comparison site but not in the same league I’m afraid.