** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

World Championships 2024 (inc QFs)

Allen looks like he's getting on top of Higgins so you may have some mileage left in your bet. Ronnie will be annoyed it's not 11-5 but as long as Ryan doesn't do a Luca tomorrow he should make the 1/4's probably against Bingo and hopefully a great 4-session match with Trump in the semis. Wilson is going very well and who know, he might make another final.

Probably less stressful just watching from now on! The pockets are playing very tight, I reckon it's to stop Mark Allen from bagging the huge bonus for 2 147's in the triple crown events and also to prevent anyone winning the £40k (I think) prize for making one here. Call me cynical lol:-)

Edited by charliepie

3 minutes ago, Fader said:

Allen really threw that match away though tbh

He said as much himself. That's my interest in the outrights over in any case - I'd backed Allen without putting it up here as well as Page. It looks like it's O'Sullivan's to lose now but I'm not so sure. I didn't think he was that great against Day and he looked vulnerable to me.

7 minutes ago, Torque said:

He said as much himself. That's my interest in the outrights over in any case - I'd backed Allen without putting it up here as well as Page. It looks like it's O'Sullivan's to lose now but I'm not so sure. I didn't think he was that great against Day and he looked vulnerable to me.

yeah but lucky for him he has Bingham today. Should beat him easy. Would love to see Gilbert win it now.

might not seem a great price for -4.5 but I just can't see Bingham getting close. He didn't even play well against Jack and just defended with solid defensive snooker. Jack hit 10 50+ breaks and a century whilst Bingham hit 3 50+ breaks.

Ronnie also dominates the h2h. 6-2 / 9-3 / 6-2 last three meaningful matches. Bingham hasn't beaten Ronnie in a serious match since his title win in 2015.

obviously I could get it completely wrong but I just can't see Bingham even getting to 6 frames. (famous last words)

6pts Ronnie -4.5 to beat Bingham 4/6 bet365

Early days yet but Ronnie's long game doesn't look like it's where it needs to be - apart from a great opening red in the first frame. It was the same against Day, or at least it was in the latter part of the match and you just wonder if that could cost him in the end. Bingham won't be intimidated, he's beaten Ronnie here before at this same stage and you could make the argument that if he could beat Lisowski without scoring he can certainly beat O'Sullivan if the scoring that he's renowned for returns.

Jok Jones what are you doing? Should have been 10-8 up there. He's played really well Jones. Especially his safety. However, soon as he gets a chance to lead by 2, he does something stupid.

2 hours ago, Fader said:

Jok Jones what are you doing? Should have been 10-8 up there. He's played really well Jones. Especially his safety. However, soon as he gets a chance to lead by 2, he does something stupid.

Over the line easily in the end. Must admit I didn't see that one coming.

53 minutes ago, Torque said:

Over the line easily in the end. Must admit I didn't see that one coming.

Trump was poor but the safety play from Jones was top tier. I still think Ronnie pulls away. Could be a very interesting couple of semi-finals. I've not ruled out Higgins making a comeback either

Posted (edited)

That was disappointing, I think most of us would have loved it if he won his eighth this year as the draw had opened up perfectly for him. When he went 8-6 up I thought that was it but somehow it got back to 8-8 and after a great start this evening Ronnie somehow tailed off. I would like a Gilbert/Jones final now but hope we have a new winner this year at least!

3 qualifiers reaching the semis could be a record too...

Edited by charliepie

12 hours ago, Torque said:

This is like the final against Williams the other week now. Ronnie going for everything - head has gone. Can't see past Bingham now.

as unprofessional as ever, eh? what makes me laugh is that Ronnie pretends like he's a fighter but he couldn't be any less of a fighter. He is so good that he rarely needs to fight and when he has to, he just does that and gives up.

11 hours ago, charliepie said:

That was disappointing, I think most of us would have loved it if he won his eighth this year as the draw had opened up perfectly for him. When he went 8-6 up I thought that was it but somehow it got back to 8-8 and after a great start this evening Ronnie somehow tailed off. I would like a Gilbert/Jones final now but hope we have a new winner this year at least!

3 qualifiers reaching the semis could be a record too...

would love Gilbert/Jones final. I've not seen much of Kyren to know how he's been playing.

I've only seen one frame of Bingham vs Jones but I don't like what I saw of Bingham. Absolutely threw away that frame, although Jones cleaned up nicely when he got the chance. I wasn't hugely impressed by Bingham vs Ronnie either, despite the win. 'O Sullivan really underperformed. If I was putting on a bet now it'd be on Jones or Jones plus the handicap. 

Sure enough Jones won the next two frames to make it 3 each, but then messed up to hand frame 7 to Bingham, and now he's made another idiotic mistake to present frame 8 to Bingham on a plate. 🤦‍♂️ Poor stuff from the Welshman after deservedly levelling the match before that.

That was painful watching Gilbert crumbling when he should have gone 10-10, It's going to take a huge effort to turn it round from 10-14 tomorrow..

I typed all the above last night but forgot to submit, doh! So it turned out anyway and we didn't even get to the interval this afternoon. Hopefully Jak can deliver the win tonight.

Bingo missed too many easy balls but kudos to Jak for mopping up the leftovers. You'd think the final should be an easy win for Wilson, maybe 18-9 but we'll see if the giant killer can keep the ball rolling for another (possibly) 4 sessions...

4 minutes ago, charliepie said:

Bingo missed too many easy balls but kudos to Jak for mopping up the leftovers. You'd think the final should be an easy win for Wilson, maybe 18-9 but we'll see if the giant killer can keep the ball rolling for another (possibly) 4 sessions...

I won't be surprised if Jones ends up winning it now. His temperament could end up being the difference - Gilbert was all over the place with his emotions and I think that was to his detriment against Wilson, who also flunked badly the last time he was here and Jones doesn't have that baggage. He also won't have to deal with being the favourite which should help him and even more so as I don't think Wilson is equipped to deal with the expectation that's now on his shoulders at the biggest tournament of all.

14 hours ago, Torque said:

I won't be surprised if Jones ends up winning it now. His temperament could end up being the difference - Gilbert was all over the place with his emotions and I think that was to his detriment against Wilson, who also flunked badly the last time he was here and Jones doesn't have that baggage. He also won't have to deal with being the favourite which should help him and even more so as I don't think Wilson is equipped to deal with the expectation that's now on his shoulders at the biggest tournament of all.

However it goes in the final we will now have a new world champ. Btw Dennis Taylor reached 2 Crucible finals before winning the third.

Good start by Wilson. One thing's for certain - there'll be a lot of players kicking themselves today that they aren't out there. This has been a real missed opportunity for the likes of Allen in particular.

2 hours ago, Fader said:

Allen should be winning this title all day. Easiest run to a title ever perhaps?

If Wilson wins, which looks highly likely, then it's got to be up there with the easiest. Should have played Selby, Allen and Brecel but missed them all.