PDC World Darts Championship

amity

1 hour ago, Fader said:

Pikachu match is really interesting because the crowd is going to boo him BIG. Can you remember how he dealt with that last time? I would never be on 3-0 for that one, based on that game alone.

Didn't deal with it well at all. Definitely worth opposing on the handicap at least.

3 hours ago, Torque said:

There's one boost I like in the afternoon session at 365 which is in the Wade-Campbell match and it's 4 or more 100+ checkouts. Wade's ability to take out big scores is the reason he remains near the top of the game as his scoring isn't really good enough. He could take this line on his own if the match goes deep which is possible and there's always the chance Campbell hits one or two himself. The price is 5.00 which seems worth chancing.

Hit the crossbar. Wade hit three including two early shanghai shots, but nothing after that and Campbell's best out was 98.

I'm just going to take another couple of 365 boosts this evening. First up is a treble of Nijman, De Decker and Pietreczko to win and if the afternoon session is anything to go by then at least one of these favourites goes down. Nevertheless, at a price of 2.56 I'm prepared to risk it. I'm also backing Van Gerwen to win and hit the most 100+ checkouts at 1.83. Good luck all.

Good luck @Torque - that Bet365 boost looks pretty good.

i’m going with De Decker and van Gerwen to both win and hit most 180s & Nijman -1.5 sets, which pays 4.3 at Bet365.

I’m leaving Pietreczko alone, I think there will be a fair few Germans in the crowd cheering him on, so suspect he’ll win with a bit to spare, but he’s definitely got to keep his head better than he did at the Grand Slam.

1 minute ago, daveg said:

Van Gerwen to hit a 180 in each set been double-boosted to 3/1 with SkyBet

MvG not the biggest 180 hitter, but he’ll surely want to put a marker down after seeing Price and Humphries get through without any troubles.

I just saw that funny enough. Every chance of just 3 sets too imo. Worth a shot.

I think this is the perfect match for Pikachu. I'm not really sure that Suzuki should be playing here. She's nowhere near the ability of Fallon or Beau and barely puts a treble up let alone threaten winning. 

Also shocked that they're not booing. They obviously don't ike Suzuki as much as the other women lol

3 minutes ago, ThunderDan9 said:

Well, Suzuki showed nothing to get the crowd going.

De Decker looked impressive, I think he beats Razma, and then he plays Michael Smith if I remember right.

think that's the key. She was really bad. I agre with De Decker. He'll likely beat Razma. You're right. Winner plays Michael Smith.

4 hours ago, Torque said:

I'm just going to take another couple of 365 boosts this evening. First up is a treble of Nijman, De Decker and Pietreczko to win and if the afternoon session is anything to go by then at least one of these favourites goes down. Nevertheless, at a price of 2.56 I'm prepared to risk it. I'm also backing Van Gerwen to win and hit the most 100+ checkouts at 1.83. Good luck all.

Small loss as I staked equally. Not too bothered to see Nijman lose. Poetic that he played one of the gentlemen of the game.

5 minutes ago, Torque said:

Small loss as I staked equally. Not too bothered to see Nijman lose. Poetic that he played one of the gentlemen of the game.

It was really underplayed when it happened but at one point, both players had thrown 9 darts and had a one dart finish. It was the closest we've seen to the perfect leg since that brilliant leg in the finals last year.

25 minutes ago, Fader said:

It was really underplayed when it happened but at one point, both players had thrown 9 darts and had a one dart finish. It was the closest we've seen to the perfect leg since that brilliant leg in the finals last year.

Didn't watch so didn't realise. Would have been great to see Beaton do that.

3 minutes ago, Torque said:

For the early session, I'll take another boosted acca with 365 which is Szaganski, Lennon, O'Connor and Ross Smith to win at 2.93. The only one I'm not convinced about is Lennon, but at the price it looks worth the risk. I'll have a look at each match nearer the start time and see if there's anything else.

I was thinking of something similar, only Joyce instead of Lennon.

wow this first match is torture :D 

Szaganski's scoring is non-existent. The first dart is woeful. One 140 and zero 180s in two sets. 

How can a player win a Players Championship and have such great consistent averages and then go up there and play like this. Debut or not, he's been terrible.

5 hours ago, Torque said:

For the early session, I'll take another boosted acca with 365 which is Szaganski, Lennon, O'Connor and Ross Smith to win at 2.93. The only one I'm not convinced about is Lennon, but at the price it looks worth the risk. I'll have a look at each match nearer the start time and see if there's anything else.

Plenty of luck involved in seeing that acca over the line. Szaganski was 2-1 down and Lennon even worse at 2-0 down. Still, I'll take it as there's plenty of times where it goes the other way and bad luck scuppers a bet.

1 hour ago, Torque said:

A bit late with this one but Smith to win the first set and hit the most 180's in the first set looks good to me at 2.30 at 365. It was bigger earlier but I'm assuming that's because it wasn't known who was going to throw first.

Wish I'd taken the bigger price now - but then that's always the way when a bet wins. It was 2.62 earlier on, but I'm assuming that's without knowing who was going to throw first -  if it hadn't been Smith then 2.62 might have been not worth taking.

2.5pts Joyce to beat Spellman and hit most 180s 6/5 Bet365
2.5pts Littler (-1.5 handicap) to beat Kist 4/5 Bet365
2.5pts Veenstra to beat Robb and hit the most 100+ checkouts 12/5 Bet365
1.5pts Wright to win and Williams to hit most 180s 10/3 Bet365

This is what I'm going with for the evening. Good luck all

Just the one for me tonight which is in the last match. I did want to support Kist in some way, but there's too many question marks around his fitness. That said, it must be almost unprecedented for someone as young and inexperienced as Littler to be such a strong favourite against a former world champion. I wouldn't put anyone off backing Kist in some way, but as I said I'll be sticking with Wright v Williams and backing 3 or more 100+ checkouts at 3.50 at 365. You've got to think there'll be at least four sets and with Wright as strong as he is at big checkouts he could hit 3 himself.

If it was anybody other than Kist then I might be laying Litter but not Kist. I certainly don't expect fireworks from Littler because people have gone abit ridiculous. Some even saying he'd win the whole thing lol. However, the last few times we've seen Kist he's looked well out of sorts and apparently has some elbow issues. So with that in mind, I can't see past a 3-1 Littler. Saying that, I wouldn't be betting big amounts ofcourse.

My judgement has been way off in this tournament so far, but I think Littler can win with a bit to spare tonight. He seems nerveless and was very impressive in the World Youth Final a few weeks back. Can see Veenstra having too much for Robb, and reckon we could get a close one between Wright and Williams.

Going for Veenstra win, Littler -1.5 sets & over 7.5 180s in Wright v Williams pays 4.0 with Bet365.