RACING CHAT SATURDAY 11th NOVEMBER

Fredo Banbou                                                     2 45 Aint/               1/ 40th of a pt ew    18/1         - 3rd

Plesant Man                                                        3 45 New/              1/40th of a pt ew     50/1         - 4th

Call me Ginger                                                    3 15 New/              1/40th of a pt ew     28/1

P/L   + 173.45 pts

Edited by black rabbit
selections

34 minutes ago, Tedthewolf said:

Your early with that old son Had a whisper?

"well a bit like Sir Pyscho which i put up few days before he ran saturday this one is also foremost in my mind as a poss big improver this tearm IMO" ive

been sweet on him since last year and think i posted him in the notebook section of the forum " i may have a few more quid on him "we'll see" 🙂

Rated the sefton

Fantastic lady. 9.0 13/2 

Gesskill.  8.9 4/1 

Presentandcounting  8.4 33/1 

Percussion.  8.4 

Sail away. 8.2 

Nassalam.  8.0 

Frero banbou.  8.0 

Ground is most likely soft to heavy so that goes against presentand counting... percussion ...and frero banbou ....strengthening the top 2 who are proven .....5pt wins top 2 

18 hours ago, black rabbit said:

Fredo Banbou                                                     2 45 Aint/               1/ 40th of a pt ew    18/1

Chris Day gave your fancy a write up in Sporting Life - 

One who loves heavy ground and is back down to a winnable mark is the Venetia Williams-trained eight-year-old, FRERO BANBOU, who paid the price for winning a valuable prize over the minimum trip at Lingfield in January 22 and could also have improvement in him over the longest trip he’s ever tried.

November is traditionally Williams' time of year and he’s an each way price at 16/1 in a field where most horses seem averagely treated so he could be much shorter on Saturday morning.

Wincanton 1.15
A 2M 4F conditional jockeys handicap chase starts things off for the ITV cameras today, the first of ten races. Of those ten this is the most uninspiring contest and stakes should be kept to a minimum. One horse who does look particularly well handicapped currently is Robert Walford’s bottom weight Flagrant Delitiep. He ran out an easy winner of a handicap chase over course and distance back in March 2022 but has been in the doldrums a bit since and can race off of a mark 19lb lower. He probably needed his latest run when showing glimpses of his old self and could be the each way value play here.

FLAGRANT DELITIEP 1 point each way @ 15/2 bet365 1/5th 1234

Newcastle 1.30
A 10F listed race for fillies with a maximum field of fourteen lining up. Newmarket based handler Charlie Appleby sends a brace to the North Eastern track today and can come home with a double starting with his three year old Veil Of Shadows who has already shown her ability to handle synthetic surfaces by winning on her debut at Kempton as well as finishing runner up in a handicap at Wolverhampton. Her career best run came last time out in a group 3 at Newmarket on soft turf ground when runner up to the progressive Novus and as the official highest rated horse in this field and with the assistance of William Buick can strike for team Godolphin.

VEIL OF SHADOWS 1 point win @ 3/1 William Hill

Wincanton 1.50
Very soft ground is probably not ideal for Paul Nicholls’s Knappers Hill in this six runner 2M 4F ‘Rising Stars” novices’ chase and although he is rated officially 13lb and more better than his opponents and should be winning is scant value at around the 4/6 mark. I’ll take him on with a very interesting runner from the Evan Williams camp in Doyen Star who is unbeaten in three starts, a maiden point to point and two novice hurdles at Chepstow. He needs to improve plenty to beat the favourite but as this is his fencing debut there could be plenty of improvement to come and is worth chancing.

DOYEN STAR 1 point win @ 8/1 BetVictor

Newcastle 2.05
A field of eleven here for this 6F listed contest where William Haggas’s Sense Of Duty, as the highest rated today, looks the one they all have to beat. He was a very impressive winner over course and distance in the Group 3 Chipchase Stakes in the summer of 2022 and if anywhere near that form should be tough to beat. The heavy ground and drop in trip were probably against her on her re-appearance and she was no doubt out of her depth in Group 1 company last time (as well as the ground possibly against). William Haggas has his team in fine form running at a win ratio currently of 34% and she looks worthy of a bet

SENSE OF DUTY 2 points win @ 5/2 bet365

Wincanton 2.25
Frodon is back to defend his title here in the 3M 1F Badger Beer Handicap Chase off of the same mark as when making all last year. That came on fast ground mind and with the ground riding very soft is opposable today. A value each way play maybe one of the quartet of Anthony Honeyball runners in Blackjack Magic under Rex Dingle. He has a very good record fresh and winning form on heavy ground so with his trainer amongst the winners recently can out run his odds here.

BLACKJACK MAGIC 1 point each way @ 14/1 bet365 1/5th 1234

Aintree 2.45
Just nine have declared for this year’s renewal of the Grand Sefton Handicap Chase run over 2m 5F of the Grand National fences. In Oliver Greenall & Josh Guierriero’s Gesskille we have a very solid bet with the seven year old fully proven on heavy ground and has shown his liking of these unique fences when runner up in this race and the Becher Chase last season. He comes here fit having won a listed chase in France at Auteuil in September and he looks a solid bet under Henry Brooke.

GESSKILLE 2 points win @ 10/3 BetVictor

Wincanton 3.00
Just the five here for the 1M 7F 50 yard Elite Hurdle with a warm favourite in the shape of recent Kempton winner Rubaud trained by leading trainer here Paul Nicholls. He is the most likely winner but has to shoulder a 6lb penalty here and may not want the ground too soft. At the prices I’ll take Gary Moore’s Hansard to make a winning re-appearance. A dual novice hurdle winner last season he ran his best race on his final start when fourth of 14 in a grade one novice hurdle at Aintree finishing just under a couple of lengths behind the useful mare Luccia.

HANSARD 1 point win @ 7/4 William Hill

Aintree 3.20
A disappointing turnout of just three hurdlers line up here for this class 2 2M 4F contest. Olly Murphy’s Brewin’upastorm was very impressive in winning this two years ago and despite unseating at the start last year looks the most likeliest winner despite a 6lb penalty for his grade 2 win at Fontwell last February. His biggest threat may come from the Dan Skelton trained West Balboa.

BREWIN’UPASTORM 1 point win @ 7/4 Betfred

Wincanton 3.32
Paul Nicholls was very complimentary about this six year old mare in a recent stable file and could be well handicapped on her handicap debut following wind surgery. A winner of a Chepstow bumper and a novice hurdle here last season she has had wind issues and the aforementioned operation may hopefully improve the Walk In The Park mare in this 2M 5 1/2F mares handicap hurdle.

LIME AVENUE 1 point win @ 9/4 William Hill

Newcastle 3.45
It’ll be a rather different November handicap this year having been transferred from Doncaster where we would have had 23 runners on heavy ground as opposed to just the fourteen on the synthetic surface here. The favourite and the one to beat is the Charlie Appleby trained Local Dynasty. He, like plenty of Appleby’s, has been gelded since last seen back at Newmarket at the July meeting when a creditable fourth of 12 when very well backed. He’s yet to race on a synthetic surface but his dam was a winner at Chelmsford (as well as the dirt at Meydan) so theres plenty of hope in his bloodline that he’ll handle the surface today. The race is not as competitive as you would expect and he can form the last leg of a Godolphin and William Buick double at the North Eastern track.

LOCAL DYNASTY 2 points win @ 9/2 Boylesports

Saturday sees the end of the Melbourne Cup Carnival at Flemington with 3 really strong Group 1's on the card. Here are my thoughts on them.

Race 6 - Darley Champions Sprint
My initial thinking was that Imperatriz was going to be a good thing here. She has been really impressive in winning her last 4 starts all at Moonee Valley and last time out she became the first horse to win all 3 G1 sprints at that venue when landing the Manikato to add to her wins in the William Reid and Moir. She could hardly have won them any easier, but this will be a very different test. For a start she will be having her first start on a straight course and it has to be said that the G1 sprints at Moonee Valley don't tend to be the strongest now the top sprinters seem to target The Everest. At the same time she hasn't been beating total rubbish so there is every chance she could be the best sprinter in Australia right now. 

At the prices though I am happy to look elsewhere and will take a chance that the Everest form is going to hold up here. Whereas we don't know how Imperatriz will handle a straight track, we don't have those concerns with In Secret who is 2/2 over course and distance which includes winning the G1 Coolmore a year ago and the G1 Newmarket back in March. She hasn't won since, but she ran a huge race in the Everest. She was drawn widest of all and settled in last place, indeed passing the 400m marker she was still in last place and she only really got going 100m out and ended up finishing 4th. Back to Flemington I think she is the one who could possibly beat Imperatriz.

In Secret @ 3/1 with Bet365, Paddy Power, Betfair and William Hill

R7 - Champions Mile
Just the 7 here but 4 of them ran in the Cox Plate last time including the 2nd and 3rd Mr Brightside and Alligator Blood. The latter won this race last year and the former finished 1.25L behind him in 3rd. Both ran very well in the Cox Plate, both have been in good form this prep and both are at their best over 1600m. Either are more than capable of winning, but I am going to back the 7th home in the Cox Plate, Fangirl. I put her up for the Cox Plate on the back of a superb win in the King Charles III where she beat Mr Brightside by 2.75L. She had to settle near the back at Moonee Valley which is never ideal and passing the 800m she was in last place. Her jockey decided to ride for luck on the inside and she just never got the gaps. She wasn't the only totally unlucky horse in the race, but I felt she was the one who got the worst luck and she should have gone much closer. Victoria Road has left Aiden O'Brien now after finishing 9th in the Cox Plate. It was a reasonable run, but I wasn't that strong on him going into that race so I am happy to oppose again.

Fangirl @ 2/1 with William Hill

Race 8 - Champions Stakes
The obvious place to start is with Zaaki who has won this race for the last 2 years and ran well in the Cox Plate finishing 6th after being up on the speed. I'd imagine this has probably been the big target as he tries to land the hat-trick. I am going to take him on though with the Simon and Ed Crisford trained West Wind Blows. He has run two huge races since going to Australia finishing 2nd to Gold Trip in the Turnbull and then just losing out in the Caulfield Cup to Without A Fight. Clearly that form was boosted massively in the Melbourne Cup on Tuesday with the winner winning again and Soulcombe coming out and finishing 2nd. I've said all along that I thought it was going to be a race that worked out very strongly and I think he is the one the all have to beat.

Joseph O'Brien runs Buckaroo who finished a fair 7th in the King Charless III at Randwick on his first Australian start. The step up in distance should suit, but I'd be a little surprised if he was good enough to win. Duais ran a huge race in the Cox Plate when finishing 4th and like Fangirl didn't get a lot of racing room either. If he runs up to that form I think he could be the main danger to West Wind Blows. The New Zealand trained Prowess also needs a mention and she gets the red hot Mark Zahra on top. She won a G1 at Rosehill in March over 2000m and won the G1 Crystal Mile on Cox Plate day. Going back up to 2000m is going to suit and she is a danger.

West Wind Blows is going to be the main selection, but I will have a small saver on Duais on the back of that Cox Plate run.

West Wind Blows @ 19/10 with Bet365
Duais @ 13/2 with Bet365

woop woop the weekend is here and the better racing on a Saturday 🐎........ sooooo myself and Mr Brahmin will be having a 'go' and a big thumbs up 👍 to the above interesting  / knowledgeable write ups.....

our 1st selections today at Kelso, think might be good day for Lady trainer L Russell and horses with bottom weight in these ground conditions 🤞

12.30        Bollingerandkrug 2/1    WON            Duty Calls 8/1 EW     2nd             

1.05           Monochromix      4/1                    Shoeshine Boy    11/4   

New 1.30    Veil of Shadows  2/1                  Mukaddamah   6/1 EW     WON       

Win 1.50    Knappers Hill  11/8    WON       b365 super boost

Aintree  2.10    Master Chewy  11/10                Netywell  7/1 EW   3rd  8/1    

D/Royal 2.20     Envoi Allen @ 11/8 to finish 1st or 2nd    WON  

Win 2.25     Threeunderthrufive  3/1             Sam Brown  11/1 EW            Blackjack Magic   13/2  EW     WON            4 places betfair

5 WINS 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 🏆 and 2 EW places...however we were small stakes today soooo made a small profit 👍

Edited by Brahmin

Ground isn't brill at all on the courses especially aintree where it's literally a mudpit so I'll just stick to a race on the a.w 

730 chelm 

The waiting game and Cuban breeze had a battle royale lto with the former just coming out on top bookies seemed to have overlooked the pair but  ....speed ratings suggest that was a fast rAce and the latter is two pounds better off at the weights ....priced at 10/1 and 14/1 they both look very overpriced so I'll try 5pts Ew both as it's a quiet day ratings wise 

Hi all, I am brand new (10 mins ago!) to this forum and only been watching racing for 2 years now but I love it and I love reading all of your write ups, I admire the knowledge and passion!

I was watching the racing  at Newcastle on sky yesterday while "Working from home" 🤣 and just wanted to note what I thought would a big factor and may sway some decisions... draws from the middle to high were running really well, some at good prices. So middle to stand side. I just got Sir Maxi in the first with this in mind. There's my 2 pence! Good luck to you all with your selections today! Ching ching!

Edited by Aarz

2 minutes ago, Aarz said:

Hi all, I am brand new (10 mins ago!) to this forum and only been watching racing for 2 years now but I love it and I love reading all of your write ups, I admire the knowledge and passion!

I was watching the racing  at Newcastle on sky yesterday while "Working from home" 🤣 and just wanted to note what I thought would a big factor and that may sway some decisions... draws from the middle to high were running the really well, some a good prices. So middle to stand side. I just got Sir Maxi in the first with this in mind. There's my 2 pence! Good luck to you all with your selections today! Ching ching!

Welcome @Aarz

You are lucky, I wish I'd had access to this forum when I'd been betting for 2 years, it would have saved me a small fortune !

Also, there are so many opportunities these days when you begin such as all the bookies opening offers

2 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

Welcome @Aarz

You are lucky, I wish I'd had access to this forum when I'd been betting for 2 years, it would have saved me a small fortune !

Also, there are so many opportunities these days when you begin such as all the bookies opening offers

Thanks MCLARKE, appreciate the welcome and will post anything I think may be of value or hear anything. I am a bit of a novice though so I appreciate the knowledge you all have.  Enjoy the racing today!

On 11/8/2023 at 9:21 AM, richard-westwood said:

Rated the sefton

Fantastic lady. 9.0 13/2 

Gesskill.  8.9 4/1 

Presentandcounting  8.4 33/1 

Percussion.  8.4 

Sail away. 8.2 

Nassalam.  8.0 

Frero banbou.  8.0 

Ground is most likely soft to heavy so that goes against presentand counting... percussion ...and frero banbou ....strengthening the top 2 who are proven .....5pt wins top 2 

Gesskille won ...percussion 2nd..frero 3rd  ...nassalam and fantastic lady 4th and 5th ........+15.00

9 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

Ground isn't brill at all on the courses especially aintree where it's literally a mudpit so I'll just stick to a race on the a.w 

730 chelm 

The waiting game and Cuban breeze had a battle royale lto with the former just coming out on top bookies seemed to have overlooked the pair but  ....speed ratings suggest that was a fast rAce and the latter is two pounds better off at the weights ....priced at 10/1 and 14/1 they both look very overpriced so I'll try 5pts Ew both as it's a quiet day ratings wise 

Cuban does the business .....finished +100.00 on the day 😀

Chelmsford 2030

TAMLUCK

MY OPINION

BIG NARSTIE

Combination tricast

Tamluck

my opinion

both win

BIG NARSTIE

each way

traverse law and draw data the influences here. Draw data says stall five but stall seven won this race just two years ago. TAMLUCK drops in class to six for the first time. Looks to hold every chance here. Tamluck has rocketed down the ratings and runs here off a career low on drop in class and stands to make a bold bid….

Edited by Sporting Sam