** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Premier League Predictions > September 1st to 3rd

image.png

image.png

Some interesting fixtures this weekend. Arsenal v Man U may be the obvious "biggie", West Ham (most profitable underdog so far this season) are favourites away to Luton, while Everton are away to Sheffield United in what may be the first "relegation six-pointer" of the season, Brighton v Newcastle is priced as a coin toss and features two teams who lost as favourites last time out. Villa may be capable of outrunning their odds away to Liverpool as well. Plenty to go at there from a betting perspective so please fill the thread with your bets and thoughts on these games.

I use decimal odds

im very confident west ham is going to batter luton, after what they did to brighton without their best defender away, its very likely they are going to win by at least 2 goals specially taking into acc lutons form and how many goals they have conceeded, i would also pay attention to bowen who is in a state of grace rn and is very driven to score recently. this is what i have rn, i will see how that bet goes first before commiting any to the rest of the weekend, this is the match that i see the most secure.

image.thumb.png.9d3fa37978a436226a96b1188f0bc19c.png

sheffield vs everton will have a lot of corners and yellows in my opinion, and could possibly see a red, both teams are desperate, probably a high scoring game, i dont know who is going to win but if i had to i would pick sheffield by 1 goal, i would probably bet on a draw & over 4.5 for like 0.50$, usually giant odds, and when 2 teams with a 0-3 start meet its always chaotic and random, they will also see each other as the only points they are likely to get in the immediate future so.

burnley vs tottenham will be a win for tottenham, they are trending up and burnley has allowed 6 goals in 2 matches, tottenham will try very hard to keep the momentum going and their manager seems very solid, I would bet heavily on tottenham winning here considering the 1.85 odds, which I will.

chelsea vs nottinham is a win for chelsea, probably 3-0 again, chelsea are trending up and seems to be a solid bet against weaker teams, the odds are not great but nottingham has nothing that could bother chelsea, probably a high corner game both teams create a lot of chances but are inaccurate. I wouldnt bet on this because of the odds tho.

brighton vs newcastle, honestly i think newcastle is overrated, brightons loss vs west ham was kind of an anomaly cause they absolutely dominated, there is no way they lose 2 in a row at home, this opens a window for good odds, i say 3-2 or 2-1, would probably bet draw no bet on brighton, and a draw & o 4.5 minimal bet

liverpool vs aston villa, liverpool will win, it has decent odds as liverpool have not convinced the odd makers yet but they are certainly trending up, there is a blackhole in the team and that is trent, but other than that this should be a secured win agains a villa team that doesnt want the ball, even if vvd is not there, 1x2 liverpool at 1.68

arsenal vs manu, both teams have been shaky and not fully convincing, i would not bet on this one, i think arsenal will win tho.

11 hours ago, mrtasty said:

I use decimal odds

Looking at some of my betting for this month I think I've been using dismal odds but there's always next month and there has been a bit of a late recovery!

Welcome to the forum, decent bit of reasoning behind those bets which is always nice to see. As one of Britain's foremost experts on goalscorer betting* I like the notion of Bowen being in a "state of grace". I know what you mean and he's very much one of those players who is in my imaginary notebook as someone always worth a second look as they seem to make a mockery of the typical odds they're quoted at.

* Source: Wild conjecture and my ego.

Sheffield United being priced at 2/1 to beat Everton with Bet365 is an outrageous price given how awful the Toffees have been. My mate is a Blades fan and he's always boasted about how United make Bramall Lane a really tough place to go. We could see that from their last game against Manchester City. My only reservation is how much that City game took out of them. I'd fancy them to get the 3 points at that value though! :ok

I've gone for a Palace/West Ham double. I think Palace at home are underrated here, only lost once at home since Roy came in. 1-0 to Arsenal in a game where they could have shared the points. Palace beat them 2-1 last time they were at Selhurst and Wolves still look dodgy to me.

West Ham are just about a big enough price for me to add it to the double. I'd really like to see Kudus make an appearance but either way, Pacqueta should have some right fun against Luton.

5pts Palace to beat Wolves evens Bet365
2.5pts double Palace / West Ham 13/5 William Hill

Luton Town vs West Ham

2023-09-01T21:00+02:00

Luton Town

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Gabriel Osho (0/0 d), Jordan Clark (0/0 m), Dan Potts (0/0 d)

Suspended: -

West Ham

Doubtful: -

Out (injuries/other): Tomas Soucek (3/0 m), Konstantinos Mavropanos (0/0 d)

Suspended: -

Daily updated injuries and suspensions information from more than 100 football leagues and competitions worldwide at: www.injuriesandsuspensions.com

Trying to be careful regards Luton as it's very easy to assume they'll get beaten every week. Having said that I do like the look of West Ham to secure the points tonight. Seven points from a possible nine and scoring well in the process. 

Luton have conceded 7 in two games and although they're at home which they will consider their best chance of survival lies  I think the Hammers will be too strong for them tonight.

Taken the evens with Hills for a Bowen SoT. Not the most truly "Epic" of their boosts but I think it's still a bit of value. Trying to get matched at better than 4 for Benrahma, seems a bit more potential value on him than Bowen at 13/5. Great player but the market may be just about catching up with his goalscoring prowess.

Given the opposition and taking account of the prices I think there's value in backing one or both of Eze or Edouard to score for Palace today (though 2/1 best bookies price is marginal for the latter). Edouard 3.4, Eze 5/2 and 10/1 the double. (1st on the exchange and others with 365).

Both started 19 games this season and last, both scored in 2  and just one in 6. At today's odds the singles alone would put you well in profit, ignoring the doubles.