Racing chat -weds 5th July

Musselburgh

Double. 

3.35. Gillard Cleco          11/4........incorrect horse posted.......Cioia Cieca      1st 

4.05. Shine on Brenda's       9/2       1st

singles & double 

stk. 6.00     rtn 59.00       things can only get better. 

Good luck all. 

Edited by kensland

Good morning Ken , it’s Wednesday today 🙂

Worcester 4.23 

Polish 9.49 9/4

Irish Prophecy 9.27 15/2

These two bit clear of the rest . Polish ran a good race beaten a head on his first run back the other week. Irish Prophecy is more known as a chaser these days and I marked him up as one of interest on his last run so not sure why they have taken him down the hurdles route. He may play a part but I think Polish is a strong bet here and should find this easier than his last race. 

5 points win Polish 

Gone for a couple at Thirsk.

Magical Effect 4:50 (20/1 Bet365). 11 year old but still seems to retain ability. On a winnable mark and has a victory over CD a while ago. Slowly away last time when nibbled in the market and not persevered with but stayed on. Could have a chance today at a big price if getting away on terms.

Mr Wagyu 5:20 (9/4 Bet365...gone 2/1 now). Been running well in good races without quite getting there. Down in grade and should be thereabouts.

Magical Effect was frustrating as feel like I had the right horse but you still need the race to pan out. Wasted a lot of juice failing to get across at the start for no benefit, should have just slotted in after he was fairly slowly away.

Mr Wagyu was awful, Ascot must have left a mark and just a very flat run.

Edited by yossa6133

8 minutes ago, yossa6133 said:

Gone for a couple at Thirsk.

Magical Effect 4:50 (20/1 Bet365). 11 year old but still seems to retain ability. On a winnable mark and has a victory over CD a while ago. Slowly away last time when nibbled in the market and not persevered with but stayed on. Could have a chance today at a big price if getting away on terms.

Mr Wagyu 5:20 (9/4 Bet365...gone 2/1 now). Been running well in good races without quite getting there. Down in grade and should be thereabouts.

Yeah you’d think Mr Wagyu would be hard to beat here . I also like On A Session in the 3.35 at Musselburgh 

2 hours ago, Villa Chris said:

Worcester 4.23 

Polish 9.49 9/4

Irish Prophecy 9.27 15/2

These two bit clear of the rest . Polish ran a good race beaten a head on his first run back the other week. Irish Prophecy is more known as a chaser these days and I marked him up as one of interest on his last run so not sure why they have taken him down the hurdles route. He may play a part but I think Polish is a strong bet here and should find this easier than his last race. 

5 points win Polish 

My apologies gentlemen,  would someone please change day......well it felt like Monday.......cheers ken

An afternoon of racing 🐎 courtesy of my  Free sportsbet coming in on Japan J2 football this morning  👍.........

Thirsk 3.15     Canaria prince   5/1 EW       &    Spanish angel    7/1 EW    2nd          4  places betfair

Worc  3.23      Abaya du Mathan   12/1   EW    & Blackjacktennessee  7/1 EW         4 places

Thirsk 3.45     Made of Lir       6/1 EW       &      Howyadoin  10/1 EW       3rd @ 12/1                   4 places

Worc 4.23       Irish prophecy  20/1 EW      &     Nevilles cross  20/1 EW            2 places   ( also did tip on here to win Polish )  2nd  

Thirsk 4.50     Biplane  10/1 EW              &        Temper trap   11/2 EW                      4 places

Worc 4.58      Allihies 16/5   

Tipp 5.05         Ziggys dream  18/1 EW      &  Alabama  11/8                    3 places

Thirsk 5.20      Danger alert  16/1 EW        &       Music society  11/1 EW                         3 places

Worc 5.28       Champagne Gift    15/2 EW   4th   8/1      &      Eaton Lady    9/2                          4 places

Thirsk 5.50      Timewave  13/2  EW     &  Miss raindrop    40/1 EW                  3 places

Edited by Brahmin

4 hours ago, Villa Chris said:

Worcester 4.23 

Polish 9.49 9/4

Irish Prophecy 9.27 15/2

5 points win Polish 

• MCLARKE changed the title to Racing Chat-Wednesday 5th July.

450 thirsk

Rocket rod  8.0 10.5

Lillikoi    7.8 11.5

Time to have a bit of fun .....thought I'd set myself a target of winning something big  using a diff staking plan .......when I get a,winner I'll deduct original stake and use bookies money on next race to have a shot at something big ....initially let's say a weekend in york ( let's say 400 ) ...so I'll try 10pt wins these 2 and see how it goes and keep going until its crossed off then set a new task 😉 

Have put up a 2 point L15 on the daily

2.53. Worc Man in The shadows 0.50 ew at 22/1 4 p

3 points so far

There is another Chat running by @richard-westwood as well today

Main In the Shadows places

4.50 Thsk Rocket Rod and Lillikoi 0.50 ew both at 15/2 and 7/1 = 2 points

5 points so far

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Well done to @richard-westwood put me in profit for the day.  I got zilch on the L15, place money on Man In the Shadows and win and place money on Richard's selections.  = +4.15 points.  MTD = -1.01 and YTD = +17.53.  Wish I had included @Alastair's Rock Melody. Well done to him for getting back on track today

Edited by The Equaliser
RESULTS UPDATE

2.45 thirsk 

Beechwood Star

Win

not as strong as last two selections as unraced, but beautifully bred and may need run.

Yard in form and mum pointy acclaim a group 3 ascot winner, if ready wins. Good fair price...

Third.

BEECHWOOD STAR is one for the notebooks. Lost any amount of ground at the off and made it all up probably gaining sixteen lengths to be a close up third and wins next time out of kept in the same company .

Edited by sporting sam

Additional selection

Thirsk 2.45

Regal solitaire

Each way

Massive class drop and unseated rider on debut.

Has run the distance seven stones light.

Regal solitaire should be renamed regal bronco. Went crazy again and is set for the rodeo.

Edited by sporting sam

Two threads are better than one.

You can put your winners in one and the others in the other!

Mussleburgh 3.05

Kells

Each way.

On the trainer go round ex Aidan O'Brien ex Jessica Harrington ex Micheal Appleby.

Has slipped to a very good mark career low and fresh approach may reap dividends here. Looking for that elusive win.

1 hour ago, richard-westwood said:

450 thirsk

Rocket rod  8.0 10.5

Lillikoi    7.8 11.5

Time to have a bit of fun .....thought I'd set myself a target of winning something big  using a diff staking plan .......when I get a,winner I'll deduct original stake and use bookies money on next race to have a shot at something big ....initially let's say a weekend in york ( let's say 400 ) ...so I'll try 10pt wins these 2 and see how it goes and keep going until its crossed off then set a new task 😉 

Can’t remember who it was on here , although @Trotter rings a bell . I think he did the same tactics regarding staking plan for a bit 

Edited by Villa Chris

7 hours ago, Villa Chris said:

Worcester 4.23 

Polish 9.49 9/4

Irish Prophecy 9.27 15/2

5 points win Polish 

Hope you're right as I'm on Polish as well. A  very interesting 7 runner race IMO. Irish prophecy (down 21lbs), Polish ( -17lbs), Nevilles Cross (-22lbs) and Court Master (-21lbs). Throw in the Ben Pauling runner (won last 2), and a Nicky Henderson runner ... quite a conundrum. 

2 minutes ago, Bang on said:

Hope you're right as I'm on Polish as well. A  very interesting 7 runner race IMO. Irish prophecy (down 21lbs), Polish ( -17lbs), Nevilles Cross (-22lbs) and Court Master (-21lbs). Throw in the Ben Pauling runner (won last 2), and a Nicky Henderson runner ... quite a conundrum. 

I like to think it’s there for the taking for him.  I feel Irish could play a big part, Neville’s Cross is just not at it at the moment and along with Court Master that trio are better known as chasers. Not sure the Ben Pauling runner is good enough. The race Polish just got held in lto was a stronger race I think. Second run for Fergal O’B and I’d expect him to improve again.

Worcester 3.53

Theweddingcanwait

Win

Debuts for syd hosie and has been to Fergal O'Brien and back.

As a youngster gets a stone from top rivals then another half stone from the jockey.

Ran a race fill of promise over course and distance second to an Irish raider.

Both held up and stayed on well.

48 minutes ago, Villa Chris said:

Can’t remember who it was on here , although @Trotter rings a bell . I think he did the same tactics regarding staking plan for a bit 

I've used before in past and had some nice big wins .....I think one-off the big tipsters used it too 🤔....it gives you a shot at big prize using bookies money and as you pocket your initial stake its a shot to nothing ......I'll be selective with the races and only use strong ratings ....if I can land 1 or 2 big prizes I might go for a 3rd race rollover and really get something big ....I think it's possible for sure ....

8 hours ago, Villa Chris said:

Worcester 4.23 

Polish 9.49 9/4

Irish Prophecy 9.27 15/2

5 points win Polish 

Finish second to the Ben Pauling horse that was good enough 🙂

P/L jump season start date 8th October 2022 +140.19

3 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

450 thirsk

Rocket rod  8.0 10.5

Lillikoi    7.8 11.5

1st and 3rd .... -20 for stakes ....so 95.00 stakes for free  rollover ....I'll keep an eye out for suitable race over coming days 

2 hours ago, Villa Chris said:

wasn't me Chris .....  unless you're remembering something from so long ago that I've forgotten it !

I don't really bother with staking plans ...... but this sounds like a good idea although it appears to be 'bet your winnings until you have a loser, then you're back to zero winnings'......