** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Royal Ascot Day 1 - Tuesday 20th June

"2.30

Inspiral

Win

Hopefully Frankie can get this done and we can get some peace!!!

Angel Bleu

Win

Triple trade

Each way

Two soft ground runners there... "

Hopefully bookmakers would be kind to me if I wrote it wrong on the betting slip.

But 33/1 does as double carpet does.

Happy days. 

I got something off my chest earlier and it's good to have a clear line of thought again.

Edited by sporting sam

On 6/19/2023 at 12:43 PM, richard-westwood said:

305 Coventry stakes 

Asadna 9.0.4.3

River tiber   8.8 2.96 

Bobsleigh  8.3 20/1 

Top 2 have a lot going for them ...Will be difficult to beat ....ew value in bobsleigh if you could get 5 places or more 😉 

Kings stand 340 

Highfield princess   9.2 3.65 

Mannacan   8.9  8.2 

Equilateral   8.3 60.0

Dramatised   8.2 

Twilight calls  8.2 

Top 2 again look particularly strong ...fly in the ointment could be coolnagatta but he will have to be some horse  On turf to beat top 2 here I think ....

Low prices overall ....so I'll take a risk and go 10pt doubles on top 2 both races ....and hope asadna and mannacan win ....woukd be nice return 

1st and 2nd on day bummer ....both twilight and equilateral placed at big prices in 2nd race ....cant rate em any better ...just needxa bit of luck too 

Ascot 5pm

I’m delighted for Paddington but I didn’t back him.

I put him in a combination tricast with Issac Shelby and Chaldean.

Never mind.

Willie Mullins has kept back his runner for a whole year to try and win the renewal of this race.

Second to Coltrane

BRING ON THE NIGHT

Win

Is nailed on to win here.

Mullins is unusually bullish we will see.

He feels he is well in at the weights and normally he knows what he is talking about.

Calling the wind

Each way

Richard Hughes horse is my each way runner here.

one more

east Asia

each way 

Edited by sporting sam

6 minutes ago, sporting sam said:

Willie Mullins on a fishing trip could have told us the truth he'll be back for the gold cup. 

King of conquest

Win

Bolshoi Ballet

Each way

That’s a long fishing trip, let’s hope he is back for the gold cup …….

In March 

I’ve used a £5 free bet on Get Shirty 40/1 ew In the last race . Paying 5 and £20 if he places £120 for the win . He’s the last leg of my Lucky 15 and he was the last leg on one of my ew trebles  that just went down, so thought I’d roll the dice and hopefully he places or better still wins 

Edited by Villa Chris

13 minutes ago, Villa Chris said:

That’s a long fishing trip, let’s hope he is back for the gold cup …….

In March 

Let's hope so. .

Absurd e/w.

Scriptwriter

E/w

Vauban

Win

Horses do like company and Vauban shared a box.  Ryan Moore rode a good race on bolsoi ballet and hopefully he's not on the second string again, if he is Frankie's lurking in the shadows...  

Absurde and Vauban did it well.

Beverley 6.45

Non runners in crucial places could aid

Little gem 

Each way

In stall 1.

Hasn't won since doing so for Charlie fellowes and now sits on the basement mark.

Five pound claimer to boot and a real chance here having missed an engagement at thirsk in April due to soft going. Gone well fresh before.

Well with the exception of my horses planting its arse in the stall at the start of the race,  I think that is possibly the worst betting day ever for me.

I even fell into the Frankie boosts (twice).

Bookies will dine on this day foe the rest of the week at Ascot.

Meh.

Edited by fd1972uk

Beverley 7.45

BELTANE

Win

Came to yard with an unexpected win in the locker on last run. Has struggled since and been touched off in dying strides. Wiser now and if getting to the front will not delay effort.

Bungly

Each way

Win long overdue for this bungleinthejungle gelding.

Edited by sporting sam

Brighton 8pm

Up against it with several course and distance winners in opposition, but

Lucky mascot

Each way

Still has a chance on best Irish form.

Third to gallarina borgina in a maiden. best effort but run for second latest a career best and more needed still and a switch to classifieds may follow.

Brighton 8.30

CLOUDY ROSE

Win

Is a course and distance winner here the last two runs and still finds herself a long way under her opening handicap mark of 60.

A third of the field have defected which leaves her as top weight when she should be middle weight. Nothing weighted below looks like denying her hat trick bid here.

31 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

Don't know where you get the energy from in staying the distance.  How long does it take you to size up a race? Just wondered how you do it. 

I could do much better with more money and less races...

I do believe in physics and feel there is a scientific outcome due to the draw and the weights. I can size a race up in two minutes and repent at leisure!!

Brighton

ARYAAH 

Each way

Was narrowly beaten in a class five last visit and the headgear goes on. 

Top of the field now and bottom weight a non runner and drawn to affect the outcome. Win off two pounds higher in class five last may for George Boughey. 

@The Equaliser

Which shows you can't do well with loads of picks and each ways.

Had plenty of bets off a 33/1 winner in the opener at Royal Ascot but only saw the winning line once more there with Vauban.

Triple time 

Beltane @ 3/1 into 5/2

And  Cloudy Rose 1/1

Were nice ones but a really poor round of selections on my part. I can can do them in a few minutes but it's much better to work out one meeting and stay there. I admire the brigadier he really puts it in.

Less really is more. So I'll put up less and deconstruct a race tomorrow.

Edited by sporting sam

38 minutes ago, sporting sam said:

I could do much better with more money and less races...

I do believe in physics and feel there is a scientific outcome due to the draw and the weights. I can size a race up in two minutes and repent at leisure!!

Brighton

ARYAAH 

Each way

Was narrowly beaten in a class five last visit and the headgear goes on. 

Top of the field now and bottom weight a non runner and drawn to affect the outcome. Win off two pounds higher in class five last may for George Boughey. 

@The Equaliser

Which shows you can't do well with loads of picks and each ways.

Had plenty of bets off a 33/1 winner in the opener at Royal Ascot but only saw the winning line once more there with Vauban.

Triple time 

Beltane @ 3/1 into 5/2

And  Cloudy Rose 1/1

Were nice ones but a really poor round of selections on my part. I can can do them in a few minutes but it's much better to work out one meeting and stay there. I admire the brigadier he really puts it in.

Less really is more. So I'll put up less and deconstruct a race tomorrow.

Yes.  I too fancy too many horses in a day's racing.  Today I stopped at 6 points stakes and made 5.70 net profit.  Less is more but choosing the right ones in the "less is more" category is a bit of a nightmare with so many to choose from.  Good luck tomorrow 🤞