Racing Chat- Wednesday 14th June

3.40 Newton Abbot Magic Saint 9/2

Decent class 2 race with 2-3 improvers. Light N Strike and Clear The Runway need to prove they can win off their current marks with the former recording a very good time last time out . The selection though is Paul Nichols Magic Saint who’s absolutely thrown in here running in it’s first handicap since earlier in the year last handicap mark 143 now 127. He’s been running in hunter chases for a bit now without pulling up too many trees but this is not as hot as the handicaps he was once used to .Not as good as once was but as I’ve said he really is thrown in and has a good claiming jockey on board to aid the cause a bit more.  Interesting race. 

5 points win 

Edited by Villa Chris

N/abbot  3.40      Magic Saint  4/1    

N/abbot  3.40      Noarthirtytwored    9/2        Won

Kem 5.05    One Step Beyond    10/1  EW        4 places   betfair.    Won

Kem 5.05    King of the Dance    11/1  EW        4 places

Ham 5.50   Jackmeister Rudi    22/1 EW          4 places   betfair

Ham 5.50   Giselles Izzy         11/1 EW             4 places.       3rd

Lim 7.00     Linger for Longer    8/1 EW          4 places   betfair.     2nd

2 wins 🏆 🏆 .......EW  2nd & 3rd .....so nice withdraw 💷 this evening 👍

Edited by Brahmin

18 hours ago, Villa Chris said:

Decent class 2 race with 2-3 improvers. Light N Strike and Clear The Runway need to prove they can win off their current marks with the former recording a very good time last time out . The selection though is Paul Nichols Magic Saint who’s absolutely thrown in here running in it’s first handicap since earlier in the year last handicap mark 143 now 127. He’s been running in hunter chases for a bit now without pulling up too many trees but this is not as hot as the handicaps he was once used to .Not as good as once was but as I’ve said he really is thrown in and has a good claiming jockey on board to aid the cause a bit more.  Interesting race. 

5 points win 

Gone for the fav (3.35 on betfair exchange), impressive last time and loves summer ground. Thought Magic Saint could pick them up and carry them at Stratford and it's a worry that he wasn't able to win that.

Running a good race until clouting the last, wasn't sure who was going to win until then 🤢

Edited by yossa6133

7 hours ago, yossa6133 said:

Gone for the fav (3.35 on betfair exchange), impressive last time and loves summer ground. Thought Magic Saint could pick them up and carry them at Stratford and it's a worry that he wasn't able to win that.

Yep, competitive race where most have good chance of winning . I agree about magic Saint at Stratford in the hunter chase.  

Edited by Villa Chris
Mistake in post

Just now, Villa Chris said:

Yep, competitive race where most have good chance of winning . I agree about magic Saint at Stratford in the hunter chase.  Top 3 rated were Magic , Clear The Run way and your selection. Clear The Runway now 14s which is a massive drift . 

Yeah should be a good race, Timeform ratings on the Sportinglife website have Noahthirtytwored well clear and been backed but I don't really fancy that one even getting lumps of weight.

Had some more on mine at 3's 😁

21 minutes ago, yossa6133 said:

Yeah should be a good race, Timeform ratings on the Sportinglife website have Noahthirtytwored well clear and been backed but I don't really fancy that one even getting lumps of weight.

Had some more on mine at 3's 😁

Magic has come down in price but how much of that is the Nichols factor 

Edited by Villa Chris

9 minutes ago, sporting sam said:

Happy valley

Ivy league

Each way

Maldives

Each way

They went off very quick in Hong Kong which set things up nicely for my two here.

I'm not sure yet if Aidan O'Brien's ex runner ivy league got fourth or not, but Maldives won as he liked. Waiting for the photo but a great run by both these two and I'm wishing I'd done hong Kong race reading earlier.

10 minutes ago, sporting sam said:

Happy valley

Encountered

Win

Savaquin

Mr ascendency

Both each way 

Encountered has tried to mask some ability and con the handicapper.

Took a very circuitous route home and looked to be struggling to get on terms before the home turn.

Took over from there and with no one willing to follow won eased down by five lengths. (The other two nowhere , although one was mentioned in despatches)

Edited by sporting sam

21 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Time catching up with me again.  Missed Squeezebox in the first

2.20 Yar Antiphon 0.50 w at 15/2 Up in trip but OM's horse not been running well.

2.50 Yar Little Hug 0.50 ew at 9/1 4p (shaped with promise, looks a good ew bet.  Considered Billy's mount but declined to back it

4.50 Hd Quick Change 1 pt ew at 4/1 4p.   A CD Winner that looks nailed on to at least place, if not win with all conditions to suit

5.00 Yar Andromedas Kingdom 1 pt win at 4.6 with Billy aboard (all the money for OM on Porfin)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Nap won so +3.70 profit.  MTD  -23.24 YTD = -133.92

Edited by The Equaliser
RESULTS UPDATE

19 hours ago, Villa Chris said:

5 points win 

Pulled up 

P/L jump season start date 8th October 2022 +153.94

Newton Abbott 

Corporal Jackjones

Win

Must go very close here.

A course and distance winner last time, he's gone to syd hosie. Beau Morgan's half Stone claim negates the penalty and as he had Sam twiston Davies on board last time, he  races off the same weight as before.

Edited by sporting sam

7.30. Ireland 

LAN CINNTE

Win

Dutch gold

Each way

Rain has changed everything and there's some give here.

The selection went close behind unless recently. Colin Keane rides and with an entry in the pretty Polly and the oaks for the O'Brien horse, Jessica Harrington's runner can't be at all bad.

Colin rides at ascot next week for Jessica Harrington and with his good third in the derby, perhaps he can finally come good in the world's spotlights.

Edited by sporting sam

Limerick 8.30

The rains have come and I'm using draw data and searching for a heavy ground winner to try and find the edge here...

The draw data 20 divided by three points to monzoon

Win.

Breezy zoff

Win.

Is the scientific choice. A heavy ground winner makes him the best of both worlds.

Free energy in abundance to get home too from stall 1. Sometimes it works.....

Monzoon withdrawn and breezy zoff beaten by the new top weight who ticked all the boxes trouble was I didn't know the top weight was out!

Kempton 8.45

Aristo do crat

Each way

Devizes

Win

Four more winners

Maldives

At a big price winning a week short of two years after last win in Hong Kong.

Encountered

Confirmed good previous form in Hong Kong 

Corporal jackjones

Carried a penalty to victory in the bumper bloodlessly at newton Abbott.

Lan cinnte

Won the limerick maiden after impressing against "Dad's" group horse unless. Dutch Gold followed her home in third at 8/1.

I'm an at the post player, but am working on getting selections up a bit earlier than five minutes before off time.  

Edited by sporting sam