** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat - Monday 5th June

Wolverhampton. 

Single. 

6.30. Beautiful Summer     4/1          3rd

Double. 

6.00.Wolv.  Bomb Squad      5/2

4.15. Ayr. One last Hug        4/1       2nd

4.45. Ayr. Rory                      9/4        2nd

stk 3.50      rtn 56.88.

Good luck all. 

Edited by kensland

few bets at Thirsk today..............30 pts stakes

3.30   Obee Jo    15/2 EW   4 places betfair

3.30   Bungley    18/1 EW   4 places betfair

4.00   Barneys Bay  15/2  EW   4 places betfair       won

4.00   Late Arrival    15/2  EW   4 places betfair

5.00  Purple Ice   9/1 EW   4 places betfair

5.00  Streetscape  13/2  EW     4 places betfair        NR

good luck to all today......will pick couple from guys who post today to back also 

Edited by Brahmin

Thirsk 2.30

Latama

Each way

Je Ne Sais Quoi had a very good run at ascot and with the experience under the belt and form franked must go close at odds on. Willie Haggas only sends the one horse from Newmarket.

But the George Boughey newcomer

Latama  Half-sister to Umm Kulthum and related to some very nice group runners.

Crucially is drawn alongside Je Ne Sais Quoi and will benefit from the "tow". Would not have to be too far forward to play a part here.

Listowel

KINBARA

Win

John McConnell's runner has the benefit of the half stone claim to negate the penalty. Ran midfield in a grade two bumper at Aintree after winning a point and a NH flat race.  Looks the class horse and displayed a nice cruising speed when winning. 

Have put up a L15 and Acca on the daily for 2 points

8.30 Wolv All About Alice 1 pt win at 4.0 Has Oisin aboard so if markets are to be believed it should run well

= 3 pts staked

Getting accustomed to Horseracebace.  So much information there.  I think that Michael @MCLARKE should consider using this instead of his chosen one for downloading data atm. 

Edited by The Equaliser

9 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

715 windsor Batal Dubai whopping price at 14/1 bet365, just saying

Scratches head was it fit?   Separately how can Charltons horses have RTF of 100%? Hes only had 2 winners since start of flat season. Whoever came up with that baloney needs to think of a new formulae. I never use it but always look for some reason, i would strongly recommend ignoring that twaddle.

7 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Have put up a L15 and Acca on the daily for 2 points

8.30 Wolv All About Alice 1 pt win at 4.0 Has Oisin aboard so if markets are to be believed it should run well

= 3 pts staked

Getting accustomed to Horseracebace.  So much information there.  I think that Michael @MCLARKE should consider using this instead of his chosen one for downloading data atm. 

8.15 Win Molliana 0.50 ew at 18/1 with Tom Marquand aboard.  Let's hope he doesn't crawl out of the gates like he did on Farasi Lane.

4 pts staked today.  My L15 has blown out

Results update.

I find it very irritating having hunted around to find an extra place betting medium only to discover that the horse finishes in the next place.  No returns today so a 4-point loss.  I did back Billy Loughnane in the last race at Wolves which almost got me to B/E on the day. It doesn't count here.  -3.37 MTD and -114.05 YTD c/Fwd

Edited by The Equaliser
RESULTS UPDATE

24 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

Scratches head was it fit?   Separately how can Charltons horses have RTF of 100%? Hes only had 2 winners since start of flat season. Whoever came up with that baloney needs to think of a new formulae. I never use it but always look for some reason, i would strongly recommend ignoring that twaddle.

I agree, the RTF is very difficult to rely upon, especially when it reads something like "25" and the horse breezes through and wins going away

Windsor 8.15

Pure bubbles

Win

Gary Moore's only runner tonight and William Buick takes the ride.

More than a hint that this may pay for a few hammers fan's trips this week.  Long absence to overcome but best performance was a hd second in a class four at Epsom two years ago.

Wolverhampton 9pm

Harmonious

Arab cinder

Both each way

Micheal Appleby

Knows the time of day with his handicappers and Arab cinder has dropped to below last winning mark and comes here straight away to attempt to win here again.

Luke Morris rides. 

Harmonious is still a long term maiden and runs off the basement mark but has dropped from over 80....

Elisha whittingham carries a five pound claim.

1 hour ago, MCLARKE said:

I think that when I looked at this it wasn't possible to download historical data. Things may have changed since then.

It looks as though downloads can be made from a "short cuts" menu, however, this seems to be specific to a linked item e.g. Horse ran 5+ times and never won.  Hence, it may not be OK for you to use.  If you haven't had a "free" 3 day trial it may be worth a look to see if there could be anything there worth shelling out £25 or £35 a month for unlimited use.

https://www.oncourseprofits.com/horseracebase-review-part-1/

May be worth a look

Edited by The Equaliser

6 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

May be worth a look

I think I took the 3 day trial and it didn't really give me what I needed. I've looked at most of the services available and the Race Advisor was the best for my purposes. I tend to take the raw data and then do my own analysis. It seems to work for me and as they say if it ain't broke don't fix it. 

I've also used dataform in the past which is quite good.

3 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

I think I took the 3 day trial and it didn't really give me what I needed. I've looked at most of the services available and the Race Advisor was the best for my purposes. I tend to take the raw data and then do my own analysis. It seems to work for me and as they say if it ain't broke don't fix it. 

I've also used dataform in the past which is quite good.

I agree, I need to make a system builder around the top jockeys and trainers, so I 'll paddle on.  I will look at dataform as well.  Many thanks

10 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

£40 per month. I don't use most of the functions but the I find the data exports very good.

They do have speed figures but they never made much sense to me.

I suppose you find it worth the £40 a month but i can never work out how i can benefit from the added info that i may or may not get for the outlay. Can you share what benefits you get from it?

12 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

I agree, I need to make a system builder around the top jockeys and trainers, so I 'll paddle on.  I will look at dataform as well.  Many thanks

I keep telling you that horses win races.  Jockeys and trainers stop horses winning they have to do it to fool the handicapper and stay competitive and you will never be privvy to that information. You need to build a data base around horses concentrate on that simple fact and you may well see an improvement in your returns. little example. Lets see if you or anyone else can tell me what the best horse of the last 7 days is.

Edited by Zilzalian