Racing Chat-Tuesday 28th February.

kensland

Catterick 2.15

STAG HORN 
Win
Takes his first steps into the fencing game with an assignment which potentially is not too tasking at Catterick.
He faces two decent opponents in fusain and mortlach.
With no point to point experience he has gone from a very high standard flat career into hurdles the height being a grade two win at Warwick. Also appeared in the Albert Bartlett last year. Latest pulled up in the Lanzarote the negative, but was prominent then until reaching the distance of this race and reported to have "stopped quickly".
My interpretation of that is 'job done, stamina met for chase debut'...
He gets weight from both rivals including ten pounds from mortlach who comes here in winning form with extensive jumps experience. (Five pounds less jack Hogan's claim on mortlach)
The injured flat jockey Hollie Doyle has won several times on stage Horn including here.
Flat accolades include a fourth at Royal Ascot in the Queen Alexandria behind stratum.

If he adapts to the bigger obstacles he'll take all the beating but he might just need the first run, but an exciting recruit nonetheless.  

7.00 South 

Local boy  8.2 5/2 

Soames forsthe   8.0 12/1 

Plastic paddy   7.6 

Tropez power   7.6 

Tricky race ....plastic paddy could be slightly better than his rating if he improves again ....local boy is not guaranteed to stay 8f and steps up in class but was carrying 9-10 last time and 8-8 today so shoukd find this easier ....I'll try 6pt local ...4pt soames  

1 hour ago, richard-westwood said:

7.00 South 

Local boy  8.2 5/2 

Soames forsthe   8.0 12/1 

Plastic paddy   7.6 

Tropez power   7.6 

Tricky race ....plastic paddy could be slightly better than his rating if he improves again ....local boy is not guaranteed to stay 8f and steps up in class but was carrying 9-10 last time and 8-8 today so shoukd find this easier ....I'll try 6pt local ...4pt soames  

I had soames bets glad u agree 

2 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

Sometimes its just wise (when its sh*t) to have a day off racing and pop a few shillings on Hovland at 30/1 and Justin Suh ew at 150/1 for the golf at Bay Hill.

Or just not have a bet at all or looking for an alternative to bet on , I've been like that for a while , 2/3 days a week atm & that'll do me .

1st Lucky 15

3.15 Catt Sabbathical 2/1 (no win bet)

4.15Catt Fiston Du Mou 7/2 (1 pt win at 5.1)

4.45 Catt Sanosuke 5/1 (1 pt win at 6.8)

5.00 Sou Blackcurrent 7/1 (1 pt win at 8.8)

1 x Win L15 = 3 pts = poss return 281.46

Total stakes so far = 6 pts

Back soon with 2nd L15

2nd L15 at Southwell

6.00 Moon Over The Sea 11/4 (no win bet)

6.30 French Invasion 10/3 (1pt win at 5.1 Um 4.4)

7.30 Kodebreaker 11/1 (1 pt win at 12.0)

8.30 Billion 9/2 ( 1 pt win at 9/2)

1 x Win L15 = 3 pts poss return of 427.93

Total  stakes today are 12 points

------------------------------------------

Billion beaten a nose and Kodebreaker 3rd.  Blackcurrent 2nd in earlier L15, hence a nil return today.  French Invasion price not matched so - 11 pts today.  Mtd - 71.57 and YTD - 95.27

Edited by The Equaliser
RESULTS UPDATE

40 minutes ago, calva decoy said:

Or just not have a bet at all or looking for an alternative to bet on , I've been like that for a while , 2/3 days a week atm & that'll do me .

You are right of course but i love betting and don't have much to spend money on these days, ironically when i needed money i couldn't win maybe because i didn't have as much time to study. I have a small bet of a fiver on football if i am watching it or golf if im watching it just to add a bit more interest.

5 hours ago, Zilzalian said:

You are right of course but i love betting and don't have much to spend money on these days, ironically when i needed money i couldn't win maybe because i didn't have as much time to study. I have a small bet of a fiver on football if i am watching it or golf if im watching it just to add a bit more interest.

BET365 do a great deal on the footy, increasing winnings by 25% on bet builders, usually on the main match each day.

I've made about £500 on it over the last couple of months, use a bit of logic and you can't lose over time.

22 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

1st Lucky 15

3.15 Catt Sabbathical 2/1 (no win bet)

4.15Catt Fiston Du Mou 7/2 (1 pt win at 5.1)

4.45 Catt Sanosuke 5/1 (1 pt win at 6.8)

5.00 Sou Blackcurrent 7/1 (1 pt win at 8.8)

1 x Win L15 = 3 pts = poss return 281.46

Total stakes so far = 6 pts

Back soon with 2nd L15

2nd L15 at Southwell

6.00 Moon Over The Sea 11/4 (no win bet)

6.30 French Invasion 10/3 (1pt win at 5.1 Um 4.4)

7.30 Kodebreaker 11/1 (1 pt win at 12.0)

8.30 Billion 9/2 ( 1 pt win at 9/2)

1 x Win L15 = 3 pts poss return of 427.93

Total  stakes today are 12 points

------------------------------------------

Billion beaten a nose and Kodebreaker 3rd.  Blackcurrent 2nd in earlier L15, hence a nil return today.  French Invasion price not matched so - 11 pts today.  Mtd - 71.57 and YTD - 95.27

You are digging faster than ever. 'Possible returns' of close to 750pts in a day !!! Yet actual returns of 0. I gave you some solid advice about field sizes, race types, and staking, yet you still carry on regardless. Maybe one day you will 'get lucky', but the way you stake, and the big losses ... you will need a 'lucky day'. Take a step back and look at your selection process and staking. I use a 50pt bank and would have wiped out almost 2 banks in 2 months betting like this.

25 minutes ago, Bang on said:

You are digging faster than ever. 'Possible returns' of close to 750pts in a day !!! Yet actual returns of 0. I gave you some solid advice about field sizes, race types, and staking, yet you still carry on regardless. Maybe one day you will 'get lucky', but the way you stake, and the big losses ... you will need a 'lucky day'. Take a step back and look at your selection process and staking. I use a 50pt bank and would have wiped out almost 2 banks in 2 months betting like this.

Hopefully, you can see that I have taken a step back from March 1.  I am taking notice of your advice.  I know that the 6.00 at Kempton has 13 runners on Wednesday but this can't be helped as it is a "tip" on a trial service that has a good record.  The 4.05 at Ling has 12 runners and is a classified event as is the 8.30 at Kempton with 12 runners.  The 5.30 at Kem has 11 runners.  Incidentally, Saturday usually has the best quality racing and that is where I am more likely to find strong contenders for my L15. @Zilzalian has given me a lot of helpful advice for the L15's and I love my multiple bets.  I just have to put the brakes on a bit to avoid losing too many points in the months ahead.  Many thanks for your helpful advice as always

4 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Hopefully, you can see that I have taken a step back from March 1.  I am taking notice of your advice.  I know that the 6.00 at Kempton has 13 runners on Wednesday but this can't be helped as it is a "tip" on a trial service that has a good record.  The 4.05 at Ling has 12 runners and is a classified event as is the 8.30 at Kempton with 12 runners.  The 5.30 at Kem has 11 runners.  Incidentally, Saturday usually has the best quality racing and that is where I am more likely to find strong contenders for my L15. @Zilzalian has given me a lot of helpful advice for the L15's and I love my multiple bets.  I just have to put the brakes on a bit to avoid losing too many points in the months ahead.  Many thanks for your helpful advice as always

The bookmakers love multiple bets. I wonder why ?

On the other hand, singles, bad each way bets (each way bets in races where there is a short priced favourite giving punters a great chance of profiting from the place market) and each way bets on relatively short priced selections (3/1 or 4/1 shots) are amongst those that bookies don't like.

16 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

The bookmakers love multiple bets. I wonder why ?

On the other hand, singles, bad each way bets (each way bets in races where there is a short priced favourite giving punters a great chance of profiting from the place market) and each way bets on relatively short priced selections (3/1 or 4/1 shots) are amongst those that bookies don't like.

All depends on what your budget is and if you haven't got much money and you don't/cant spend hours on form then small stakes multiples are your only chance of getting a decent return now and again.

5 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

All depends on what your budget is and if you haven't got much money and you don't/cant spend hours on form then small stakes multiples are your only chance of getting a decent return now and again.

You are right, probably depends whether you are in it for the fun or the profit. For me I only find it fun when I am in profit.