** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

The American Express 19th January

Johnrobertson

Si Woo Kim  33/1 bet365 ew 8 places 1/5 odds - Won last week and has a great record in this tournament wining in 2021 and 11th place last year.

Rickie Fowler 80/1 hills ew 6 places 1/5 odds  - Seems to be back in some sort of form at the end of last season, 6-MC-2-34. Usually plays well in the desert worth a chance at this price.

Andrew Putnam 80/1 hills ew 6 places 1/5 odds  - Goes well in this tournament  17-34-10-21-14 in the last 5 years, more importantly he is back in form finishing 4th last week.  

An interesting one this week. A 3-course rotation. Those that make the 54-hole cut will play PGA West's Stadium Course for the final round. The three courses are :

•   Pete Dye PGA West Stadium Course (hardest)
  •   Nicklaus Tournament Course [par 72] (middle)
  •   La Quinta [par 72] (Easiest)

There are 7 holes (on the stadium course) with water in-play. You want a good tee-to-green game in my opinion. I'll be going with the following :

2pts Cam Young 20/1 bet365
-----------------------------------------------------
1pt e/w SiWoo Kim 33/1 bet365 (5 places, 1/4th)
1pt e/w Hoge 40/1 bet365 (5 places, 1/4th)
1pt e/w K.H.Lee 60/1 skybet (8 places, 1/5th)
-----------------------------------------------------
0.5pts e/w T.Detry 100/1 skybet (8 places, 1/5th)

0.5pts e/w C.Hoffman 250/1 coral (10 places, 1/5th)

Kinda boobed as meant to go for schauffelle but forgot, but sorted it with a hill's special 

Win only via free bets (apart from hills offer)

Scheffler, finau, Burns

Hill special is schauffelle or young to win at 12s.

Put burns in as forgot about earlier fancying schauffelle and my eyes did slow over youngs name, so happy with that.

Good luck all.

Was thinking if a offer from Hills came in was going to do rahm, but nothing so left it.

McCarthy 7th!! should have went with the more places in that round. Just looking near the top of the leaderboard, Endycott was somebody I was tempted with and I can see he is -8 so he is one I'm going to keep an eye on tonight. Maybe take a bet on him if the price is right.

edit* sorry, my bad, he is -7 after round 1. That's on the hardest course. The Pete Dye course. 125/1 atm with b365. Going to see how he starts his 2nd round.

Final round soon to start and it's difficult to look past Rahm. I'm backing him to win at 1.61 and also two others I like at the prices and that's Thompson at 4.82 and Bezuidenhout at 41.18 . If Rahm wins - which looks highly likely - then it'll be a nice bit of green. If it's Thompson I'll be slightly in the red and if it's Bezuidenhout then that would give the best return. All bets on the exchanges.

Happy with my choices they did well for the most part.

Pity no offers or anything, I try to just use free bets and didn't have anymore for Rahm who I had mentioned (not that its a great call as he was a big fav), but just don't like his shabby odds.

He is in fine form though and may have a go at the masters, Rory I saw was fav, rahm 2nd.

Edited by fd1972uk