** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

DAILY LUCKY 15

39 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

Although with those odds and assuming I do 1 L15 a week it will be another 104 years before I hit it again !

Interesting to contemplate this.  It seems to me that if one does one every day then there could be a significant payout about every 3 - 4 months.  I am basing this on what seems to be @Zilzalian's success rate.  I am sure he can throw a bit more light on it 🙂.

Just now, The Equaliser said:

Interesting to contemplate this.  It seems to me that if one does one every day then there could be a significant payout about every 3 - 4 months.  I am basing this on what seems to be @Zilzalian's success rate.  I am sure he can throw a bit more light on it 🙂.

It all depends on the odds and how many you do. My cumulative odds today were 5,433 / 1 so if you did 1 every day on average you would hit it every 15 years or so.

There will obviously be lots of smaller payouts along the way.

10 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

It all depends on the odds and how many you do. My cumulative odds today were 5,433 / 1 so if you did 1 every day on average you would hit it every 15 years or so.

There will obviously be lots of smaller payouts along the way.

Don’t forget the strategic cash out I have made £200 this week mine and @justanotherpunter bets on top of Michaels win today 💰💰👍

4 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

Paid out £993.46 for a £3 stake which is more than I was expecting but I'm not complaining

Hi there Michael, congratulations on this win, well deserved.  As a matter of interest do you know how much the return was on the place element of your bet?  Whenever I have looked at the estimated returns for backing the L15 EW they seem so poor that I would rather use the extra 1.50 points on another win L15 or double the amount for a win bet

10 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Hi there Michael, congratulations on this win, well deserved.  As a matter of interest do you know how much the return was on the place element of your bet?  Whenever I have looked at the estimated returns for backing the L15 EW they seem so poor that I would rather use the extra 1.50 points on another win L15 or double the amount for a win bet

We/I have already addressed this point. As you already have if i remember correctly. EW is 2 separate bets, the win part and the place part one does not affect the other, so:- 10p ew is a 10p win Lucky 15 and a 10p place Lucky 15.  and so:-

4 winners at 8/1 gives 10,000/1.

Assuming 1/4 the odds the place part is 256/1

So total returns are, win + place = 10,000/1+256/1=10,256/1. In other words just not worth wasting your money on unless all 4 selections are 16/1 or over.

The win part if all 4 win on a L15 gets a 15% bonus the place gets no bonus.

Edited by Zilzalian
correction

22 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

I reckon the place part of the lucky 15 paid 12.24 to 0.1 unit stake.

I always do an ew acca at 0.25 pts as it covers you for all 4 places. At those prices you need at least 3 to even get your money back in the lucky 15. The bonus is if all 4 win you are typically doubling your returns by the ew acca (cos of the win part).

The big plus for ew here is the extra places on offer otherwise for me this would be a non starter.

4 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

Excellent. I wasn't aware of this. Maybe the L15 is good value after all.

Correction 15% bonus all 4 winners on a lucky 15 20% on a lucky 31 and as for L63 read below

Lucky 63

A Lucky 63 consists of 63 bets involving 6 selections in different events, 6 singles, 15 doubles, 20 trebles, 15 four-folds, 6 five-folds and 1 six-fold. Any one winning selection guarantees a return. Lucky 63 bonuses apply to all sports and bet types with the exception of the following: Numbers betting (e.g. Lotto), Not to Win bets, To Be Placed/Not to Be Placed bets and Tote/Pari-Mutuel bets. For Horse Racing and Greyhound betting all selections and bet types (with the exception of those listed above) apply for bonuses and consolations. All other sports betting selections and bet types must run at odds of 1/2 or longer for bonuses and consolations to apply. For 1 winner only, we pay double the odds. If all 6 selections win we pay a 25% bonus on total returns. If 5 selections win we pay a 10% bonus on the total returns. (N.B. Bonuses are not paid on place parts of Each-way bets).

1 hour ago, The Equaliser said:

The each way paid £15 to the £1.50 stake. With the extra places this is probably a value bet. I must admit I didn't appreciate that a bonus was paid if all 4 / 5 won, this might change my mindset on how I approach this bet.

20 minutes ago, MCLARKE said:

The each way paid £15 to the £1.50 stake. With the extra places this is probably a value bet. I must admit I didn't appreciate that a bonus was paid if all 4 / 5 won, this might change my mindset on how I approach this bet.

£15 versus the £993-£15.00 for the win sounds like peanuts and a waste of money, though I did forget about the extra places which may be worthwhile for some people.  I think I'll stick with just the "win" part of the L15 in the future.  Thanks for sharing the details

2 minutes ago, The Equaliser said:

£15 versus the £993-£15.00 for the win sounds like peanuts and a waste of money, though I did forget about the extra places which may be worthwhile for some people.  I think I'll stick with just the "win" part of the L15 in the future.  Thanks for sharing the details

Maybe but you will return the £15 on many more occasions than the £978

14 hours ago, MCLARKE said:

Paid out £993.46 for a £3 stake which is more than I was expecting but I'm not complaining

Only catching up with all this this morning so a bit late to the party, but well done @MCLARKE:clap:cheers:notworthy

Like BBBC, i wasn't on it myself but you seem to have made quite a few PL followers a nice tidy sum and nice to see you enjoying the thrill of a Lucky15. Roll on the next one lads and lasses and well done again. 

Day 24
Chepstow              4.52    Good Impression            28/1ew    ------lost
Yarmouth              5.00    Spanish Mane                 18/1ew    ------lost
Wolverhampton    5.30    Holly Blackmore             15/2ew    ------lost
Aintree                  6.20    Esprit Du Potier               40/1ew    4pl---lost
Day 24 loss £3.00
Overall £100.19 - £3.00 = £97.19 profit

I'll try an Irish one today -

Day 25
Tramore    2.50    Port Rashid               14/1ew    4pl
Tramore    3.25    Unheralded               14/1ew    4pl
Tramore    5.10    Itsalonglongroad      18/1ew    5pl
Curragh    5.25    Knockmore Prince    14/1ew    6pl
£3.00 ew lucky15
potential returns £8,253.68

Lucky 15's 31's 63's

Lets clarify a few things about Lucky 15's 31's 63's, @MCLARKE will tell you lots of “data” related reasons why you should technically avoid them, he will also put in warnings like “bookies benefit bet,” and how long or how many lifetimes you will need to live before getting one up etc and they are valid points although he just shot himself in the foot with those arguments but they are actually valid but nothing is ever that simple.

Now here's the thing, you do not need 4 winners or even 3 or 2 for that matter all you need is 1 x 8/1 winner to make a profit due to the double the odds (bet365 for this article) That is why I personally disregard EW on these bets unless the prices are literally huge i.e. all four selections are 16/1 or greater (an obvious exception would be say for example you have a 33/1 14/1 10/1 10/1). An argument could be made for just doing an EW acca in addition to your L15 bet just in case all 4 place.

So that is the basis for your lucky 15, every winner thereafter is more profit so a double is perfectly reasonable (see attached Screenshot) 2 x 8/1 shots is 100/1 for example, 3 x 8/1 shots is 1000/1 and 4 x 8/1 shots is 10,000/1.

Personally I don't do a Lucky 15's daily but sometimes I do more than one so it evens out at around one per day so bear in mind because I do 40p L15's (20p EW on the rarer occasion) at £6 a piece they cost me around £2,000 quid a year (£500 for a 10p L15) and that is how much I would lose if I never had a winner. So I need to return £2000 quid per year before I start to make a profit. My year starts end of flat to end of flat (November – November) I surpassed £2000 returns by the end of December (pretty much proofed on this site if anyone cares to check) so every return I get now is pure profit so that means that my selections can now be any price. I no longer have to meet the 8/1 threshold for my minimum required return I can now include the odd fav in my Lucky 15 if I have a strong fancy.

WARNING.

I do not or rarely back/copy other peoples bets. Originally on this thread there were just 4 of us so it was a bit of fun as we each picked a geegee each day, however I soon realised that there are dangers involved, the danger being the bookies aint stupid and if they are paying out to multiple players with the same selections on the same bet type they would soon twig and react accordingly PL is a public forum and you can bet your arse they can/do read these threads and it concerns me that people could lose their accounts.

Screenshot 2023-04-16 003136.png

13 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

Lets clarify a few things about Lucky 15's 31's 63's, @MCLARKE will tell you lots of “data” related reasons why you should technically avoid them, he will also put in warnings like “bookies benefit bet,” and how long or how many lifetimes you will need to live before getting one up etc and they are valid points although he just shot himself in the foot with those arguments but they are actually valid but nothing is ever that simple.

Too true, I did shoot myself in the foot by winning but I didn't mind !

I didn't realise that there was a 15% boost for getting 4 winners, this is obviously another benefit

I'll do a bit of analysis to try and calculate the additional edge of these bets