** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

The Masters

owenclass

Just looking at the evening match and I'm going with Lisowski (-1.5 frames) to beat Vafaei. Has a really strong head-to-head record against Vafaei having won the last 5 in a row and won the last 3 4-0, 6-4 and 6-2. He was rubbish early on against Higgins but once he took the lead then he came into his own. This is Vafaei's debut at The Masters and despite winning well in Round 1 and defeating Selby, I feel like his performance will have to be just as good to beat Jack.

5pts Lisowski (-1.5 frames) to beat Vafaei 4/5 paddypower

Lisowski through and just about covers the handicap with a 6-4. Will be a close match with Williams. I thought about going with Lisowski pre-tournament but I just feel like even if Jack makes the final he will bottle it in the big moment. I wanted a player with experience of winning here. Fingers crossed Williams makes the final. Today, though, we have lucky old Judd Trump back to play Hawkins. Trump shouldn't even be here and that kind of makes him more dangerous because he is really freerolling right now and I reckon we'll probably see a completely different Judd. However, Hawkins actually has won the last 3 head-to-heads and they've all been big matches. The Quarter Final of the Tour Championship he won 6-4 in 2021. Last year he beat Trump 6-5 here at The Masters, in the Semi Finals and then he beat him again most recently at the Quarter Final of the European Masters, in Germany. Hawkins knows how to beat him. With that in mind and also the fact he played well against Allen and Trump was rubbish has to sway me to have Hawkins on side. I'll also have a bet on Hawkins getting the highest break. He has had the highest break in the last 4 matches between the two. He hit a 114 against Allen in a match that only had 6 frames where as Judd couldn't make that much even with 11 frames.

3pts Hawkins (+1.5 frames) to beat Trump evens paddypower
2.5pts Hawkins (Highest break) 6/5 paddypower

I'm going to go with this for a point. I'm likely to go with centuries in the Murphy bet anyway and I think we'll see a decent performance from Hawkins and so with that in mind it's worth a point at 8s

1pt Bingham, Murphy, Trump & Hawkins all to hit a century 8/1 skybet

in the 10th after Hawkins hit a fluke on a red he tried to pot the black in a very very difficult spot, in any other situation he would have gone for a defensive snook never would he have tried to pot that black , you could see on his face he did it on purpose to give back the hand to Trump because he felt guilty of scoring that fluke red; and then lose the frame, and then lose the match, pathetic.

15 minutes ago, 888888 said:

in the 10th after Hawkins hit a fluke on a red he tried to pot the black in a very very difficult spot, in any other situation he would have gone for a defensive snook never would he have tried to pot that black , you could see on his face he did it on purpose to give back the hand to Trump because he felt guilty of scoring that fluke red; and then lose the frame, and then lose the match, pathetic.

I missed the earlier fluke but I was also gobsmacked he tried that very difficult black at such a crucial point of the match. Trump got out of jail there and didn't look back after that. 

3 minutes ago, Fader said:

... so I didn't watch the Bingham/Murphy match. Was Bingham really good or was Murphy utter dross? Makes you wonder how much practice Murphy is doing when he is commentating all the time, on the side.

I only saw the last frame and a half but Bingham seemed to be playing well and Murphy was dire in that final frame, a world away from the player that beat Robertson. Bingham is certainly playing with confidence again, good to see.

Huge match this afternoon them. Mark Williams takes on Jack Lisowski for a place in the Masters semi finals. The bet ill be going with is both players to hit a century. Williams has hit 2 in each match he has played whilst Jack has hit 1 in his first match and a 96 against Vafaei. 

I was also quite tempted by Williams to hit 2 plus centuries. As I say, he has done that in both matches and you'd expect atleast 10 frames here.

2pts Both players to hit a Century 11/8 skybet 

I can't find it anywhere but what I want is Bingham to have the most centuries, highest break and over 9.5 frames. Cause I think it will be similar to the other matches. We saw with Robertson that he didn't look great when he got pressure. I think only way Bingham wins is like 6-3. Once it goes like 4-4/5-5 I think once again Trump wins. 

3 minutes ago, Foo_Fighter said:

I happen to disagree. The way Judd has survived against Day and Hawkins... Makes me think he'll show up rejuvenated and ready to make a statement tonight. Judd Trump to win (-1.5 frames).

I thought that would be the case for Judd against Hawkins too. Dunno, maybe. We shall see. He's still making alot of mistakes. 

2 minutes ago, Fader said:

I thought that would be the case for Judd against Hawkins too. Dunno, maybe. We shall see. He's still making alot of mistakes. 

Hawkins is very elite. Very few seem to notice this. I thought it was an impressive win for JT. I didn't like Trump's performance against Day though. 

10 minutes ago, Foo_Fighter said:

Hawkins is very elite. Very few seem to notice this. I thought it was an impressive win for JT. I didn't like Trump's performance against Day though. 

He has a good record at The Masters, Hawkins. And tends to perform above himself in majors but massively under performed for his talents over his career.