** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

2023 Short Priced Selections

harry_rag

On 2/1/2023 at 6:50 PM, harry_rag said:

Bet 24.3: 15 points on 1+ card for each team in Maritimo v Porto at 1/20 with Sky Bet

Not the perfect scenario of 2 big teams going head to head but a bookings quote of 64-68 and ref who looks "mad for it" will do for me.

Where do you get the ref stats from Harry?

5 minutes ago, alexcaruso808 said:

Where do you get the ref stats from Harry?

Transfermarket.co.uk is my preferred site for proper analysis (by season/competition etc.). I usually use Soccerbase or Soccerway to find out who the ref is then search for the ref on there. (I suspect if I worked out how to use the site better I could find the fixture and ref appointment on there!)

Bet 29.8: 30 points on 20+ bookings points in Porto v Vizela at 1/50 with Sky Bet

Odds went in from 1/40 as I was placing the bet so I decided to double down on stake! :unsure

Not really; app was playing up and ended up putting bet on twice. Going all devil may care and letting both bets stand for thread purposes.

Spreads at 60-64, ref yet to go below 40 in 8 games this season. Yet to go below 20 after 34 top flight appointments (has hit that number 3 times). 30+ points is (a risible) 1/200 with Paddy Poor.

23 winners from 29 bets so far (2 from 6 "Epic Odds" selections and 21 from 23 "regular" bets).

29.84 points down overall, 20 from "Epic Odds" and 9.84 from the rest.

Assuming the offer carries on the "Epic Odds" bets should take care of themselves over time (taking even money about genuine odds on shots should be profitable in the long term).

Whilst it's easy to accept winning bets as a right at short odds and to rationalise the occasional loser, I'm reassured to note that the 2 losing "regular" bets are on one-off markets rather than any of what I would regard as being core markets. They were Gakpo to have a shot and Arsenal to score by the 60th minute.

Bet 31.10: 15 points on Italy U20 to score 10+ points and to trail at anytime v England U20 at 1/6 with 365 :unsure

Used a bet builder here so into unchartered waters. Was considering the individual components at 1/14 and 1/16, considered doing both, noticed the BB option and decided to go for it.

I have Italy only failing to score 10+ in 2 of their last 23 6 Nations games, one of which was a 6-0 home win over England! Given the belief that they're improving I fancy an England win but perhaps by less than the handicap with Italy getting into double figures. Let's see how it all pans out, preferably with both components in by half time!

Bet 32.11: 12.5 points on Ireland to score 10+ points and neither team to win to nil (v France) at 1/18 with 365

Trying another bet builder on a couple of eventualities that strike me as extremely likely. Given how "high" the price is would you believe my stakes were limited from £15 to £12.50! :loon

Bets 35.14 and 36.15: 15 points on England highest scoring half at 1/10 with 365 and 12.5 on England 20+ points and Italy to trail at anytime at 1/16 with 365

The 1/10 would have to be the nap here if you forced me to pick one but I don't see the other eventualities failing. There was no value in adding the first bet into the bet builder with the other two so I've gone down the double jeopardy route.

Bet 37.16: 15 points on each team >1 card in Sporting v Porto at 1/6 with Hills

The bookings expectation is in the high 80s for this game! :loon

I can't say it's a certainty (if one team takes a 2 goal lead too early it won't look so clever) but I think the odds are generous enough (it's 6/1 for it not to happen elsewhere so a 100% book). Ref has shown 5 or 4 cards on the 5 occasions he's handled this fixture but his overall stats are encouraging enough as are his figures when handling other "big 3" games (these 2 against Benfica).

4 cards for Porto but only one for Sporting. At least looking at the market lead me to the winning bet on 4-6 cards at 13/5 though it would've been nice to land both! So ends a run of 15 winning bets but at least I wasn't rolling the stake over.

30 winners from 37 bets so far.

36.84 points down overall.

I did back the winning Epic Odds selection at evens this week (1st half goal in  West Ham v Chelsea) but no regrets about not including it in here. Hills had it as boosted from 4/11 but it was 1.6 or more on BF. A value bet but too much risk of it losing for inclusion in a short priced thread like this.

Bets 40.3 and 41.4:

15 points on >1 card in each of the games at Arsenal and Club Brugge at 1.092 with 365

On both of these for >0 cards in the "dodging bullets" thread, playing the >1 cards double as seemingly value angle.

8* points on >1 card in R Madrid v Elche and >0 cards in Dortmund v Chelsea at 1.084 with 365

The ref in the Spanish game looks solid for 4-6 cards bets; not expecting fireworks here but 2+ cards works as a value angle. Least appealing ref of the night in the Chelsea game but I can't seem him not flashing a single card tonight, even if I'd be wary of betting too high an overs line.

* Not sure why stake so limited on this one!

Not as inspiring tonight in terms of the ref appointments (none I'm willing to risk "dodging a bullet" on) but I've found 3 doubles I'm willing to risk as a value proposition, all >1 card shown. A bit poor I can't get my desired £15 on at these odds though. Bets 42.5 to 44.6:

6.25 points in the games at Braga and Lazio at 1.0656

10 points in the games at Barcelona and Sevilla at 1.092

6 points on the games at Juventus and Leverkusen at 1.16

Bet 45.8: 15 points on both teams to receive a card in Sassuolo v Napoli at 1/8 with 365

Must be the first time I've taken a bet like this despite it losing in the last 2 meetings between the teams (both 3 cards for Sassuolo and none for Napoli) but I'm inclined to dismiss that as a blip. At 1/33 for >1 card and 1/8 for at least one for each time I'm swayed by the argument that the selection is the better value bet.