** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2023 Short Priced Selections

harry_rag

Once again the weekend ends with a losing bet although, despite that, it was still a profitable week with the other 11 bets being winners.

41 winners from 49 bets so far.

31.63 points down overall.

3-4 on the even money "Epic Odds" bets now so they're responsible for 10 points of the loss.

The quest to get back in the black continues!

15 points on both teams shown a card in Getafe v Valencia at 1/25 with 365

Game has a an expectation of over 70 points and the history is insane thought the ref appointment tempers enthusiasm slightly. He seems to have calmed down from average for La Liga to below average over the last 3 seasons but has still shown more cards in the games he's handled involving either of these two teams. With this being a relegation battle it's hard to see either team avoiding a single card. Rich history of red cards in this game suggesting 2/1 is a huge price but, again, ref history does make it less appealing.

Ref bookings could be more encouraging but I still think it's worth chancing 2+ cards in both of tonight's CL games.

Bet 51.3: 9 points on >1 cards in each of tonight's 2 CL games (at Inter and RB Leipzig) at 1.555 with 365

I'd say 4-6 cards looks reasonable in the Inter game assuming it's odds against and I'd probably take the best available unders line in the other game (though both games saw a red card when the teams met last season).

Bet 69.17: 15 points on both teams shown a card in Chelsea v Dortmund at 1/7 with 365

Bet 70.18: 15 points on >1 card in Benfica v Brugge at 1/14 with 365

The first game has the better scenario for cards (more chance the other one could be over as a contest if Benfica exert their superiority) but the 2nd one has the better ref appointment. All in all I'm happy with the bets taken at the prices offered.