** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

2023 Short Priced Selections

harry_rag

Tried my over-elaborate "juggernaut" staking plan, tried the more viable double-up approach, going to go for a simpler % of bank staking plan.

500 points starting bank and suggested stake will be 3% of bank (so 15 points/pounds to start). Actual stake may vary due to rounding up or down or limits applying to that bet.

The double up era bets did show a profit to level stakes; see how this goes.

Bet 13.6: 15 points on both teams shown a card in S Lisbon v Vizela at 1/33 with Hills

Be a first for either team this season if this were not to land and the ref is particularly card happy of late.

I've also backed a card in the first 15 minutes at 3/1 (obviously not for the purposes of this thread).

Bet 18.3: 10 points on a 1st half goal in Man City v Arsenal at evens with Hills

Shrugging off the irrational notion that these "Epic Odds" bets are cursed I'm going to the well yet again! Whilst Hills might be pushing it to say this has been boosted from 1/4 it's still a sub 1.5 shot on the exchange and I'm happy enough that it's a value bet. You have to go back 14 games to find a goalless 1st half in a meeting between these two teams. The last one was in 2017, in an FA Cup tie! :unsure