** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

Racing Chat- Sunday 9th October

51 minutes ago, Tedthewolf said:

Wow no Chiefochief  in your top 3 Rich  i'm guessing age knocked it well dowm?

I think it's combo of age and his 6f form is poor really ...probably better at 7f ...I think the price is shite considering ? prob win now ..haha 

Edited by richard-westwood

Couple of small stakes Patents.

Goodwood. 

2.25.Gdw. Yacowlet         4/7   ... 1st     

3.00. Gdw. Spanish Star.          4/1.... 1st 

3.35 Gdw.  Kiss. ' N' Cuddle       5/1.. unpl 

1.50 .Gdw.Tralee Hill                  8/1... 2nd 

1.40.Sth.  Maylah.                             10/3...... unpl 

4.45. Gdw. Ajero                      4/1....... Unpl 

Good luck all 

Edited by kensland

1 hour ago, EviL ZippY said:

hell when did he last win something?

it's got to be a while, maybe just that.. 

June 20 class 2  6f 23k 19 runner  race off a mark of 95  was  15 starts back  has been placed in top handicaps in 5 of those races  now on a mark of 93  dropped down to a class 3 now a 8k 10 runner  race so  was surprised  not in Richards first 3  so that is why i asked the question. I do think it will be in the top 3 home today  but is not an e/w price for me to back  and feel there is better  value e/w in the race  but all thats just my opinion?

Missed most of the racing today

4.10 Gd Ramensky 2 pts win at 5.3 with 1pt win Torre De Loro at 9.6 and 1 pt win on Alumnus at 10.0 = 4 pts staked.  Rathgar is the hot favourite at around 11/8.  Mick Channon's record is not so good at Goodwood despite the good C&D run by Rathgar.  I could also get shafted by Richard Hannon's King Code but I never know when to bet on a Richard Hannon horse as he has so many runners

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Rathgar won well; you'll seldom hear me complain about a good winning favourite

I will follow @richard-westwoodin the 5.20 at Goodwood.  2 pts win on Stately Home at 3.85 and a saver 1 pt win bet on Alablaq at 5.5.  Looks like @kensland's Ralph Becket selection Delorean could prove to be the main danger to both

7 points staked so far 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RESULTS UPDATE

Trust me to go against the favourite when it goes on to win.  Stately Home got beat fair and square by Mystery Fox; the application of cheek pieces worked wonders according to the trainer's reptile, albeit the RP pointed out how well it had ran in the race last year. A complete blank so - 7 points.  this makes my MTD -29.13 and YTD -203.13

Quite a few class 4 and upwards races later and there is a class 1 race at Yarmouth

Edited by The Equaliser

6 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

520 good 

Stately home 8.0 3.7 

Alabaq   7.8 5.2 

Global esteem  7.4 

6pt win stately 4pt win alabaq 

2nd ...global 3rd .....been so close lately ...looking back over the past 6 to 8 weeks the 2nds 3rds and photos I could have been near a 1000pts extra in profit ....I've lost about 600 profit  in photos !!!. Again today beaten a nk ..just wicked luck .....can't fault the ratings ....the winners are usually nothing horses coming good on the day ...frustrating 

39 minutes ago, richard-westwood said:

2nd ...global 3rd .....been so close lately ...looking back over the past 6 to 8 weeks the 2nds 3rds and photos I could have been near a 1000pts extra in profit ....I've lost about 600 profit  in photos !!!. Again today beaten a nk ..just wicked luck .....can't fault the ratings ....the winners are usually nothing horses coming good on the day ...frustrating 

It seems to me that if you systematically backed your selections each way using the best number of places offered by the bookies then this would be the best way forward.  I think that the winners will provide you with holiday cash but the placed horses may well be your bread and butter.  Just a thought

2 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

It seems to me that if you systematically backed your selections each way using the best number of places offered by the bookies then this would be the best way forward.  I think that the winners will provide you with holiday cash but the placed horses may well be your bread and butter.  Just a thought

Agreed. There is a definite edge when extra places are offered.