6.30. Soth. Castle Peak.                 11/4.... unpl 

8.00. Soth. Tequilamockingbird.        11/4... unpl 

Good luck all. 

Edited by kensland

Southwell 8pm

MERSEYSIDE

Win 

Was 22/1 plenty of 20s still about.

Kevin Ryan's newcomer has won over shorter on turf at Longchamp.

Debuts under the ownership of Sheikh Mohammed successful on Saturday at Newmarket with Fonteyn.

Numerous runs in France and stepped to this trip on final run. One of six rides for Kevin Stott but only runner at the meeting for the trainer. 

40 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

Well spotted, there was a 30p r4 but even so that is shocking by any measure it still should have returned at least 500/1, i was robbed.

It's becoming a regular thing ....I've noticed some 1000/1 tricasts are paying 600 etc ....its wrong ....the bookies seem to be making up their own rules and are getting away with out ...I suppose the only power we have is if everyone refuses to bet that bet they will be forced to offer better money ....but as long as people bet a 1000/1 shot for 600/1 they'll gladly take everyone's money 

11 minutes ago, richard-westwood said:

It's becoming a regular thing ....I've noticed some 1000/1 tricasts are paying 600 etc ....its wrong ....the bookies seem to be making up their own rules and are getting away with out ...I suppose the only power we have is if everyone refuses to bet that bet they will be forced to offer better money ....but as long as people bet a 1000/1 shot for 600/1 they'll gladly take everyone's money 

Actually look at the tricast.....its near 8000/1 !!! And they've paid 2000 !!....its robbery and nothings being done about it

Quiet day for me so far, Tequilamockingbird in the 8.00 Southwell at 4/1 only one so far. Finished well against his own age group last time out, nearest at the finish in a race where the 3rd and 10th have come out and won next time out. Harry Davies and his 3lb claim more than negating the 1lb rise for that race. and has 4 winners from 13 for the stable. Good luck today.

1 hour ago, richard-westwood said:

Actually look at the tricast.....its near 8000/1 !!! And they've paid 2000 !!....its robbery and nothings being done about it

How do they come up with the odds for tri-casts etc? Is it a pool? Used to do the odd placepot but usually win only with bookie/exchange so I don't really understand how that side of it works.

Quite a few of interest today, and struggled to reduce them down for here.

2.35 Leic - Daysofourlives - 1pt EW - 7/1 (1/5th 3 places)

2.43 Bri - Strawberry Belle - 3pts win - 11/10

4.00 Hunt - Samation - 2pts win - 7/2

4.28 Bri - Counterattack - 2pts win - 15/8

5.05 Bri - Parikarma - 2pts EW - 9/2 (1/5th 3 places)

6.00 South - Oasis Power - 2pts win - 11/4

22 minutes ago, yossa6133 said:

How do they come up with the odds for tri-casts etc? Is it a pool? Used to do the odd placepot but usually win only with bookie/exchange so I don't really understand how that side of it works.

It's a computer ....it takes combined odds ...field size.....pool value etc but doesn't reflect that your taking a 1000/1 chanc3 bet and being given a return of 300 ....its a crap bet and the bookies are manipulating it for sure ....one day it will happen to one of us ....youllget a 6000/1 tricast up and the payout will be 600 ....that's ridiculous 

sounds like Huntingdon been abandoned after race 2 due to slippery bends and horses stumbling 

Typical when you have a share in a runner in the 3rd,   but in all seriousness glad if there is a issue with the bends its been called off before something does happen

Edited by ipswich45

47 minutes ago, richard-westwood said:

It's a computer ....it takes combined odds ...field size.....pool value etc but doesn't reflect that your taking a 1000/1 chanc3 bet and being given a return of 300 ....its a crap bet and the bookies are manipulating it for sure ....one day it will happen to one of us ....youllget a 6000/1 tricast up and the payout will be 600 ....that's ridiculous 

I can't remember anybody making long term profits with these bets, I suspect it's mainly novices who bet them.

If you don't like what the bookies are offering then don't take the bet, there's lots of other opportunities out there.

19 minutes ago, ipswich45 said:

sounds like Huntingdon been abandoned after race 2 due to slippery bends and horses stumbling 

Typical when you have a share in a runner in the 3rd,   but in all seriousness glad if there is a issue with the bends its been called off before something does happen

At least Rock Legend lives to fight another day .

I've backed Div Ine Tara at 14/1 eway in 4.00 at Huntingdon , a non runner is as good as a winner some days .

1 hour ago, yossa6133 said:

Traditionally the forecast was worked out thus- add 1point to the second horse and multiply the 2 together eg  10/1 and 9/1 =100 but they cut and cut and cuts the cuts and we are where we are now the tricast same as foecast but and then multiply with the 3rd they now use a formula that noone can work out but the bookies, because they wont say what it is. The exacta, trifecta, and the placepot/jackpot are all pool bets from the tote. in the above example there was a rule 4 of 30p in the pound but it was still a shocking return.

8 minutes ago, Zilzalian said:

Traditionally the forecast was worked out thus- add 1point to the second horse and multiply the 2 together eg  10/1 and 9/1 =100 but they cut and cut and cuts the cuts and we are where we are now the tricast same as foecast but and then multiply with the 3rd they now use a formula that noone can work out but the bookies, because they wont say what it is. The exacta, trifecta, and the placepot/jackpot are all pool bets from the tote. in the above example there was a rule 4 of 30p in the pound but it was still a shocking return.

??