Tennis Tips - August 22 - August 28

• 3 weeks later...
8 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Today, I like Edmund over Etcheverry at 1.67 with Unibet, Etcheverry is poor on hard courts and I wouldn't consider Edmund's Futures failure as a big defeat honestly, he was just getting in shape and what not. Not having a serve is kind of a big deal in conditions like Winston Salem.

Who doesnt have a serce?

I think Monteiro is worth a punt at 8/15 or so with most bookies. He's no world beater but he is tenacious and always puts up a fight, something you couldn't always say about his opponent. Bashilasvilli has been dire of late, has been bagelled twice in recent matches so something is clearly not right with him at the moment. 

How about Chun Hsin Tseng over Hugo Dellien? Saw Hugos brother Murkel today on clay. Complete rubbish even on clay compared to Hugo. But as we all know Hugo is a 100% claycourter so this doesn't bode well for him especially as he's not been able to make anything happen of late and hasn't played since Wimby. My suggestion here would be the following.

Chun Hsin Tseng to beat (-1.5 sets) Hugo Dellien at 1.70 with Unibet

2 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

How about Chun Hsin Tseng over Hugo Dellien? Saw Hugos brother Murkel today on clay. Complete rubbish even on clay compared to Hugo. But as we all know Hugo is a 100% claycourter so this doesn't bode well for him especially as he's not been able to make anything happen of late and hasn't played since Wimby. My suggestion here would be the following.

Chun Hsin Tseng to beat (-1.5 sets) Hugo Dellien at 1.70 with Unibet

He's facing Marton Fucsovics I think

19 minutes ago, four-leaf said:

Chun Hsin Tseng to beat Marton Fucsovics at 2.48 with Unibet

No idea why Marton gets the nod from the bookies.

Chun has played ok lately but still been bagelled in two of his recent matches, perhaps that's why. Marton has been dreadful though, yes so it's surprising to see him as favourite.

Edited by amity

2 hours ago, amity said:

Chun has played ok lately but still been bagelled in two of his recent matches, perhaps that's why. Marton has been dreadful though, yes so it's surprising to see him as favourite.

Come on, he's faced Goffin and Norrie. Not exactly two of the worst this season so no shame in getting bagelled by any of them. He also has won two of his last four. Marton was dreadful yesterday in his first match on hard since mars but here I think the bookies got it wrong. *Chun the Taipei native (and not Hyeon Chung from South Korea) is improving and more on the way up than down.

Edited by four-leaf
I ment Chun

6 hours ago, four-leaf said:

Come on, he's faced Goffin and Norrie. Not exactly two of the worst this season so no shame in getting bagelled by any of them. He also has won two of his last four. Marton was dreadful yesterday in his first match on hard since mars but here I think the bookies got it wrong. *Chun the Taipei native (and not Hyeon Chung from South Korea) is improving and more on the way up than down.

Am not disagreeing with you mate. Merely pointing out what may have been the bookies' logic on this match. I did say that Fucsovics is playing very poorly of late. And yes I'm well aware that Chun has played better opponents, so bagels are more forgivable against top opposition. 

Etcheverry actually withdrew.

Couple I like today:

Sasnovich over Sorribes Tormo at 1.91 with Pinnacle - on a hard court, anytime, Sasnovich has more potential on the surface and Sorribes Tormo had a long match against another clay courter in round one, which doesn't bode well imo.

Gojowczyk (+5) over Ivashka at 1.71 with Pinnacle - this looks like a high line to me, especially given Gojowczyk's good performance against Lehecka in round one. Ivashka is the defending champion here, true, but that can go both ways (pressure x motivation) this early.

2 hours ago, CzechPunter said:

Gojowczyk (+5) over Ivashka at 1.71 with Pinnacle - this looks like a high line to me, especially given Gojowczyk's good performance against Lehecka in round one. Ivashka is the defending champion here, true, but that can go both ways (pressure x motivation) this early.

i saw gojo yesterday and he was serving very very well. and he plays his best on quicker hardcourts. but ivashka is the defending champion here and last year he covered this type of HC in three matches against good servers like struff and in his last matches he covered this HC as well against players like sock, halys, mcdonald and ruusuvuori....so maybe the line seems okay.

Pedro Martínez Portero to beat Steve Johnson at 2.3 with bet365

Steve Johnson the favorite on this one? I disagree. I think Pedro Martínez Portero excels in all areas compared to the American. Johnson is kind of subdued in the last couple of years. His opponent seems to be much more passionate to win matches, so I'm going with the more ambitious and honestly, the better, overall player these days.

Emil Ruusuvuori (-3) to beat Adrian Mannarino || 1.73@olybet 

Adrian looked terrible last game vs Christopher O'connor, serve terible body language also smth like "i dont care". Chris had a chance to win there but made louds of mistakes. Here Emil wont let him slip past. just simply cant see him losing, for real. For a win 1.42! 

Edited by TennisPRO

Grigor Dimitrov to beat Dominic Thiem || 1.63@olybet! 

At first looks like even match, but i got Grigor to win. Thiem just got through very impresive John Wolf yesterday. John served amazing and won over 80% FS. But in long rallies austrian looked not that comfortable. Dimitrov will be nightmare for him in long rallies!

5 hours ago, TennisPRO said:

Grigor Dimitrov to beat Dominic Thiem || 1.63@olybet! 

At first looks like even match, but i got Grigor to win. Thiem just got through very impresive John Wolf yesterday. John served amazing and won over 80% FS. But in long rallies austrian looked not that comfortable. Dimitrov will be nightmare for him in long rallies!

Insane lost bet...

One bet of interest today in the US Open Women's qualifiers:

Jodie Anna Burrage 2.25 Bet365

Really competitive match this one against McNally. Both ladies seem to be winning or losing 2-1 in their recent matches so neither will back down. Fascinating to see as well that this will be their first contest against each other since playing against each other at the Wimbledon Girls event back in 2016. Let's see how it plays out.

Anyone watching Rebecca Marino in Granby? She's up against Jasmine Paolini and a set down. Can the canadian get something in this match? Is it possible for Marino to turn around? She's having an awful lot of problems to break serve so I guess it might come down to something really bad for her on homesoil.