** April Poker League Result : 1st Like2Fish, 2nd McG, 3rd andybell666 **

Racing chat -Friday 20th May

710 curr 

Fastar   8.2  20.0 

Imposing supreme  8.2 16/1 

Half nuts        7.7 4/1 

Godhead     7.3 

Tough handicap .....but joint top rated here and bookies go 12/1 best fastar but there's 20.0 win only on betfair so I'll take that ....imposing supreme has his conditions 7f on soft so I'd hope for a decent run .....let's play 

Fastar 4pt win 20.0 

Imposing supreme 3pt ew 16/1 

12x .5 forecasts .

24 x 10p tricasts 

1 hour ago, richard-westwood said:

710 curr 

Fastar   8.2  20.0 

Imposing supreme  8.2 16/1 

Half nuts        7.7 4/1 

Godhead     7.3 

Tough handicap .....but joint top rated here and bookies go 12/1 best fastar but there's 20.0 win only on betfair so I'll take that ....imposing supreme has his conditions 7f on soft so I'd hope for a decent run .....let's play 

Fastar 4pt win 20.0 

Imposing supreme 3pt ew 16/1 

12x .5 forecasts .

24 x 10p tricasts 

Im a little curious about something and that is this. If you just stuck to your top 3 in fc & tc's =12 bets @ lets say 3pt wins instead of the 36 @ say 1 point wins, going off ur past results would you be better off or worse off?

1 hour ago, Zilzalian said:

Im a little curious about something and that is this. If you just stuck to your top 3 in fc & tc's =12 bets @ lets say 3pt wins instead of the 36 @ say 1 point wins, going off ur past results would you be better off or worse off?

I'd probably be worse ....someone who follows me is constantly  reminding me how often my 4th rated wins or places ?I think for tricasts it def needs 4th ...I'm thinking about dropping the forecasts and just covering tricasts to keep costs down as its the singles that make the profit ...and the tri casts are a shot at a big payout for small money ....jury still out though 

Obey the Rules 5:13 Worcester (7/1 bet victor). Was fav when I looked last night and seems the most solid option, so surprised he's drifted to 7/1. Jumps well and finds plenty for pressure. Would not be the first horse to dislike Fakenham, so I can easily forgive his last run.

A lot of the others are making chase debuts or first runs after an absence. School for Scandal is joint fav at the moment but looks like he wants further, Serjeant Painter only seems fairly handicapped on chase debut.

Poor run, set a slow pace but faded tamely 3 out ?

Edited by yossa6133

Mixed doubles today just include 1 selection per race

2.30 Hd Flotus 11/4 (Sylvester aboard (RW selection)

4.15 HD Dougie Dream 85/40

6.28 Catt Yasmin 3/1 (down in trip but in good form)

7.38 Catt Twin Appeal 10/3 (Timeform Selection (can't get ratings again today + Top RPR rating) My PL Nap today

6 x 1 pt win doubles poss return 86.34

1.10 Bath Grey Galleon 0.5 pts at 8/1 and Creek Harbour 0.5 pts at 11/2 (money for this one)

4.15 Hd Makalu 0.5 pts win at 28/1 and 1 pt win on Solana at 4.1 (unmatched 3.85) won't worry if not matched)

2.30 HD Ventura Diamond 0.5 win at 17/2 and Gala Force Maya 0.5 pts win at 12/1 (RW's rated horses)

7.10 Curr Half Nutz 6/1, Godhead 8/1, Fastar 14/1 and Imposing Supreme   0.5 win bets.  @richard-westwood's rated horses.  Worth 2 points of anyone's money

7.38 Catt Twin Appeal 2 pts win at 4.4

Total stakes = 11.5 points today

Edited by The Equaliser
update

5 hours ago, richard-westwood said:

I'd probably be worse ....someone who follows me is constantly  reminding me how often my 4th rated wins or places ?I think for tricasts it def needs 4th ...I'm thinking about dropping the forecasts and just covering tricasts to keep costs down as its the singles that make the profit ...and the tri casts are a shot at a big payout for small money ....jury still out though 

It may make a significant difference over the year, as an avid fc tc merchant might i suggest you keep careful records of your bets, its tedious on top of rating but well worth it long term. for info only, i often drop the shortest price runner in my top 3 or four rated especially in small stakes fc and tc's.

10 hours ago, The Equaliser said:

Mixed doubles today just include 1 selection per race

2.30 Hd Flotus 11/4 (Sylvester aboard (RW selection)

4.15 HD Dougie Dream 85/40

6.28 Catt Yasmin 3/1 (down in trip but in good form)

7.38 Catt Twin Appeal 10/3 (Timeform Selection (can't get ratings again today + Top RPR rating) My PL Nap today

6 x 1 pt win doubles poss return 86.34

1.10 Bath Grey Galleon 0.5 pts at 8/1 and Creek Harbour 0.5 pts at 11/2 (money for this one)

4.15 Hd Makalu 0.5 pts win at 28/1 and 1 pt win on Solana at 4.1 (unmatched 3.85) won't worry if not matched)

2.30 HD Ventura Diamond 0.5 win at 17/2 and Gala Force Maya 0.5 pts win at 12/1 (RW's rated horses)

7.10 Curr Half Nutz 6/1, Godhead 8/1, Fastar 14/1 and Imposing Supreme   0.5 win bets.  @richard-westwood's rated horses.  Worth 2 points of anyone's money

7.38 Catt Twin Appeal 2 pts win at 4.4

Total stakes = 11.5 points today

RESULTS UPDATE

Just two single winning bets today which was just as well as it brought me almost to B/E.  Flotus ran very well but the Haggas horse deserved to win with its very game performance.  A lot of freak results today and I was dogged again by horses that "failed to fire".  Luckily my Nap bet won. Drifted to 11/2 and I only got about 3/1 for it.  Never mind, at least it proves that drifters do win  -0.24 today MTD = +65.33 & YTD -163.94.  Although I only had one winner today the 4 separate selections in doubles appeal as a multiple bet instead of two selections for two races since that outcome can only be one winning double when 4 selections could produce 6 if all four managed to win. Or 3, if three managed to win.                I hope that the weather doesn't screw up racing tomorrow; it always worries me when we have these unexpected downpours that change the going at the tracks.