** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** ELO Ratings are now back **

World Championships (inc Qualifiers)

Fader

27 minutes ago, charliepie said:

It's going to be a tense evening, anyone else fancy Trump to win now? I've got a feeling that the pressure might get to Ronnie tonight - I almost make Judd favourite now as crazy as that sounds!

I wouldn't make him favourite, but it's definitely up for grabs now. Bad session from O'Sullivan.

2 hours ago, Torque said:

I wouldn't make him favourite, but it's definitely up for grabs now. Bad session from O'Sullivan.

I think Ronnie has always been a reliable frontrunner, especially at the Crucible. Hope he doesn't choke lol

18 minutes ago, Foo_Fighter said:

I think Ronnie has always been a reliable frontrunner, especially at the Crucible. Hope he doesn't choke lol

That's certainly the case against lesser players, but not against the elite IMO. He's coughed up plenty of big leads against Selby, for example.

Great tournament, Ronnie was awesome, wish I'd had some of the 6/1 or 7/1 at the start but hindsight's a wonderful thing!

18-13 was closer than we could have hoped for when it was 12-5, hope he goes on to win an eighth one soon. Shame he didn't quite get to 16 or 17 centuries for the tournie as he sure had a few chances to. 

Yeah, great price on Ronnie at the start in hindsight. He looked like a different Ronnie though this tournament. Normally he would be abit up and down and not care too much. Now level with Hendry. You'd have to think he'll win it again before retiring.

I was surprised at how focused he was in every match, if he can keep his head in the game like that he is a threat in every tournament. The decline of the class of '92 can't be too far away though, surely they can't keep it up when they're 50?!

Unreal achievement. A living legend. Surely has to be BBC Sports Personality of the Year in December unless England somehow wins the World Cup - inevitably Harry Kane would be in the spotlight for the prestigious award.

Ronnie is officially in the same bracket of elite legends of sport as Roger Federer, Usain Bolt, Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan etc. 

Is he the most prolific sportsman we've ever seen so far? I would say YES.

16 hours ago, charliepie said:

I was surprised at how focused he was in every match, if he can keep his head in the game like that he is a threat in every tournament. The decline of the class of '92 can't be too far away though, surely they can't keep it up when they're 50?!

I heard (too late ofcourse) but I heard that he was mic'ed up for a netflix documentary for the whole tournament and if i knew that then i most certainly would have been on him. You want to win the tournament when you're doing a documentary like that. We all know that Ronnie wins whatever he "turns up for" after all.

• 7 months later...
On 5/3/2022 at 9:17 PM, Foo_Fighter said:

Unreal achievement. A living legend. Surely has to be BBC Sports Personality of the Year in December unless England somehow wins the World Cup - inevitably Harry Kane would be in the spotlight for the prestigious award.

Ronnie is officially in the same bracket of elite legends of sport as Roger Federer, Usain Bolt, Tiger Woods, Michael Jordan etc. 

Is he the most prolific sportsman we've ever seen so far? I would say YES.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/live/sports-personality/63960611