** March Poker League Result : =1st Bridscott, =1st Like2Fish, 3rd avongirl **
** Cheltenham Tipster Competition Result : 1st Old codger, 2nd sirspread, 3rd Bathtime For Rupert **

World Championships (inc Qualifiers)

Fader

22 minutes ago, Fader said:

I'll go for centuries again in the WIlliams/Bingtao match. Williams hit 6 against Page and 4 against White and that's dropping just 3 frames in each match. He has a higher level against him today. Bingtao hit 3 himself against Selby and 2 against Wakelin. You would have to expect them to have 3 each.

4pts Williams to make 4+ centuries 5/2 paddypower
2pts Both players to make 3+ centuries 11/2 paddypower

I’ll go again; bought at 4.2 and stuck a tenner on the 3+ each bet at 13/2 Sky Bet.

My 10/1 should be coming in. 2/2 but ofcourse Bingham, at 8-5 up missed the most easiest black and next thing you know it’s now 9-8 trump. Makes things worse Bingham is playing like the normal Bingham lol 

Pity young Jack couldn't quite get the job done but that's what Higgins does best! Still reckon Ronnie can beat him 17-10/11/12. Reckon the other semi will be closer, we'll see:-) 

Whoever the finalists are I won't be disappointed. (Mark and Ronnie deserve it most though)

Class of '92 forever and all that. Could also be the last time any of the 3 make the one table set-up!

Edited by charliepie

Yeah, I think Ronnie beats Higgins and likely wins the title. Williams / Trump will be close for sure. Would love to see Mark/Ronnie final but you can't argue with the 4 semi-finalists in terms of quality.

4 hours ago, Fader said:

Yeah, I think Ronnie beats Higgins and likely wins the title. Williams / Trump will be close for sure. Would love to see Mark/Ronnie final but you can't argue with the 4 semi-finalists in terms of quality.

I think Ronnie beats Higgins and Judd beats Williams. 

Mark played really well though and could have possibly got to 11-12 so may even have leveled at 12-12! Judd made 2 centuries in the frames he won but you can't do much when you're stuck in your seat most of the time. All to play for tomorrow, will John rally to make it a close finish too? I'm on a Mark/Ronnie double so I hope not:-)

Edited by charliepie

I think Trump is bang in trouble. Yes Williams played out of his skin, but Trump still had chances in some of the frames he didn't win and if you don't take them then of course you can get punished and especially at this level. Should be a tense finale and a final frame decider wouldn't surprise me now, which would be remarkable given some of the leads that Trump has held. If Williams manages to win then this'll be one for the ages.

2 hours ago, Torque said:

I think Trump is bang in trouble. Yes Williams played out of his skin, but Trump still had chances in some of the frames he didn't win and if you don't take them then of course you can get punished and especially at this level. Should be a tense finale and a final frame decider wouldn't surprise me now, which would be remarkable given some of the leads that Trump has held. If Williams manages to win then this'll be one for the ages.

Trump has youth on his side though...and the stamina to last the course. Last night's heroic effort from Williams might take a toll on him today. All I'm saying is that all prospects are open. 

2 minutes ago, Foo_Fighter said:

Trump has youth on his side though...and the stamina to last the course. Last night's heroic effort from Williams might take a toll on him today. All I'm saying is that all prospects are open. 

I agree. Could go either way now, but it should never have come to that for Trump. In full control on numerous occasions as you showed.

11 hours ago, Torque said:

It's at this point you wish you'd bet on a deciding frame :lol

16 hours ago, Robaldo said:

Why did Ronnie get a warming?

I think he uttered an expletive under his breath. Agree with Judd, the warning could have waited until the end of the frame.

Of more concern to me was the uncooperative replacement from the previous miss.. It came acros to me as pre-planned and gamesmanship.